• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

How often do you actually *watch* Pokemon?

Poliwhirl42

Reaction score
Are you a hardcore fan who enjoys watching random episodes, no matter if they are original, AG, DP, or BW? Or are you more the type that's seen them all but only really stays tuned for the new episode each week? Do you only watch when you have to find a specific part in something, or watch an episode mainly because it's featuring your favorite pokemon? Do tell! ^_^

I'd be classified as the first scenario. I am a teenager, and I do get busy a lot, but in my spare time I still enjoy watching the anime. Sometimes I'll read something on Bulbapedia and suddenly feel the need to go to that specific episode and find the part mentioned, and wind up watching the whole episode anyway. Sometimes I'm in the mood to watch a specific season, or specific scenes with certain characters. One day I'll be so into watching Ash and Misty argue childishly, and the next minute I'll be in more of a "Contest-y" mood and watch either May's or Dawn's Contests. Sometimes I like watching funny TRio moments, and sometimes I like watching Cilan show off his connoisseur skills. XD It depends on the day, really. I love the old and new episodes, and constantly look forward to what's going to happen next as the anime progresses.

What about you guys?

(I apologize if this thread belongs somewhere else! =O)

Last edited:
I'm like you, if I see something from an episode on Bulbapedia I feel the need to go back and watch that episode. I've seen them all so far, but I typically let the new ones build up before watching them. I probably won't watch all of Rival Destinies in English until the season is through.

When I was younger I watched it religiously every Saturday Morning from Kanto all the way till the end of AG.

I caught Battle Frontier on Cartoon Network and even put up with the VA change. However when DP started, I started watching the Japanese version more than the dub, so although I still believe I saw every DP ep in english, that's when I made the transition to the Japanese version. For Best Wishes I've fallen behind, but I usually catch it later on.

So basically for me:

- I watched every Saturday morning from Kanto to the end of AG...that's the first 9 seasons.

- I watched DP online, mostly the Japanese version and then the dub later on

- Best Wishes I watch once in a while, after the eps build up

I watch new episodes weekly until the channel change I couldn't get up early enough for Battle frontier most of the time. I stopped watching after DP but caught up after looking at Paul bulbapedia page a lot. I started watching weekly again during SLV and around half way in I watch started watching the subbed version. Now I watch as often as the subs come out. And maybe rewatch some stuff online or on Boomerang every two-three weeks or something like that

I started watching weekly again during SLV and around half way in I watch started watching the subbed version.

Same here! I never really watched the first couple of seasons of DP until I saw some of the Wallace Cup episodes, but then I watched it weekly towards the end of Galactic Battles all the way until the end of SLV. To be honest, I really didn't like the first DP season that much, which is probably why I never really see the need to watch each episode of it. But maybe I will at some point, just to see if there was anything entertaining I missed. XD

I started watching weekly again during SLV and around half way in I watch started watching the subbed version.

Same here! I never really watched the first couple of seasons of DP until I saw some of the Wallace Cup episodes, but then I watched it weekly towards the end of Galactic Battles all the way until the end of SLV. To be honest, I really didn't like the first DP season that much, which is probably why I never really see the need to watch each episode of it. But maybe I will at some point, just to see if there was anything entertaining I missed. XD

Try watching it in Japanese if you can. It seems to me that most people who didn't like DP was because they watched the dub of it, try watching the original version, it's 1000 times better. And no I am not talking about the voices, but the Japanese music really fits the series much better and makes all the scenes more exciting.

It's strange, because all the other sagas don't feel that much different in Japan from the dub, not even Best Wishes. But for DP, the Japanese version is the way to go.

Try watching it in Japanese if you can. It seems to me that most people who didn't like DP was because they watched the dub of it, try watching the original version, it's 1000 times better. And no I am not talking about the voices, but the Japanese music really fits the series much better and makes all the scenes more exciting.

It's strange, because all the other sagas don't feel that much different in Japan from the dub, not even Best Wishes. But for DP, the Japanese version is the way to go.

Hopefully that's what I'll do! I didn't mind the dub for the last couple of seasons; I think the VA's voices grew smoother and really developed their characters better (especially Dawn, who sounded irritatingly youngish for me in the first couple of DP episodes). However, I used to watch the weekly new episodes in Japanese just because I was impatient to watch them, but I'd watch the English dub after they came out. I think watching the original will help me get through the 10th season, though. I never really thought of that! XD

Back when the show was on Kids' WB, I'd watch every episode, new or not, on Saturday mornings and then the episodes they played on weekdays. I didn't really have much of the episodes on VHS or DVD and I wasn't too interested back then. Coming home from school to watch Pokemon was just great. Once the Kids' WB weekday lineup went off the air, I decided to buy more of the DVDs. Now, I tend to watch one or two episodes of Pokemon every weekday from my DVD sets along with the new episodes that air on Saturdays. I tend to watch a season in order since I prefer seeing a season from beginning to end over starting with a random episode. Which season I watch depends on my mood, so I can easily choose between my DVDs for the original series, AG and DP, although I should work on my AG collection after getting all of DP on DVD one of these days. Some days, I'll be too busy to watch an episode or not really up for one, so I just plan on watching a couple of episodes on another day. It's pretty fun and it's a nice way to just relax for awhile.

Back when I was young, I would always tune in to Cartoon Network for the newer Episodes of Pokemon. When Diamond and Pearl was still airing, I slowly stopped watching Pokemon because It got boring.

Today, I barely have time for Pokemon or Anime for that matter. With the constraints school schedule of 10 AM start time to 6 PM, I don't have much time to be on the TV or go on the computer. Actually, here in the Philippines, I don't think they have caught up on Best Wishes yet, since the Cartoon Network here is the Asia version not American version. And I am not going to listen to the Tagalog dub. I just don't like It! ._. But there are few websites (not going to mention) that contain Pokemon Episodes, so I can always go there to catch up on latest episodes.

When I was little I would watch it every Saturday. I had my Game Boy next to me and I was also eating Pokémon cereal. Now, I hardly watch it at all. The only times I watch it now is either I catch it by surprise while flipping through channles or it is a big episode.

I only watch every episode twice, first the Japanese version and later the English dub when it's aired. There are a lot of classic episodes, but new ones are released at such a frequent rate, I never feel like revisiting the old ones.

Well when pokemon started here in australia i was only 5, but i got to see the first and second movie in theatres C: i cant remember my viewing experence though, then i got bored around mid johto, then around when i hit 12, diamond and pearl started on tv and i was hooked :) then around 2008 i got obsessed with pokemon so much, liek it's all i could think about :) now i'm not really as obsessed anymore but i do own every movie and season on dvd/blu ray and i'll usually watch it 7/8 times a week.

way back in the day i used to watched every weekday after school from 1998 til they stoped with weekday cartoons. saturday morings since 1998 until Pokemon went to cable. after that i bought dvds and watched them on occasion. now i only watch ones that are on SITENAMEWITHELD or other sites to see how i can make fun of them. (in other words rarely).

I used to watch every single episode I could during the OS, but nowadays, I just watch them whenever it happens to be on show while I'm surfing the channels.

If there is a really really interesting episode, then I'd watch it on the Internet whenever I want.

Thus... I could say I watch pokemon just occasionally.

Funny question since I actually watch pokemon almost every day! I watch the dub, sub and raw, I mainly watch the raw more than the subs and equal amount with the dub.

I watch it every Thursday night on TV-Tokyo and whenever I'm working on a comparison for my website. Other than that...I don't get to watch it as much as I'd like. An increased work schedule + real life + other commitments make it kind of hard to fit watching episodes in, but I do try.

If it just so happens to be on Cartoon Network, I'll sometimes check it for a bit.

...Though honestly, the show has lost its taste since the original writer resigned.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom