• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

How often do you actually *watch* Pokemon?

I'm like you, if I see something from an episode on Bulbapedia I feel the need to go back and watch that episode.
I used to do this. But when I saw an episode I skipped on TV, I loved it. So generally I try to watch every episode, since you can never tell how good an episode is until you watch it.

I try to watch the original Japanese version of an episode a couple of days after it comes out. I follow the English dub and watch it every week. So all together, I watch about 2 episodes a week.

I normally watch at least one episode per week. There have been times when I've been too busy/lazy to watch, but I've always tried to keep up with the newest episodes (even if it kills me). Right now I'm re-watching some of the DP episodes for the fun of it, but I'll probably re-watch the early BW episodes next week.

I wouldn't normally watch it since I pretty much stopped when DP was on, however, my little brother records the new episodes and watches them, and I'd be lying if I said I completely ignore it. So to simply answer your question, bits and pieces, but not an entire episode all the way through.

I don't go out of my way to watch it, but if it's on I'll watch it. Even though I don't watch it, I am interested in the plot a little, such as evolutions and battles.

I haven't watched an episode for a few months. I was trying to go through every episode, I got up to hoenn and I got bored. I'm going to commence soon. Until the next time I get bored.

I'll watch once a week, usually a mini-marathon to catch up on stuff I've missed. I've seen quite a bit of the Orange Islands stuff on CN On Demand and I'm pretty much caught up with BW. I've been enjoying it and I'm waiting with baited breath for the latest Luke ep. (Gee, I wonder why...?)

I survived watching all of Johto when I was younger at one episode a week, so I can survive anything. God the torture still stings over a decade later.

That being said I don't watch BW episodes as they come out, I usually wait till there's a batch of them and then watch.

I usually wait for the newest episodes to come out dubbed, then watch them. If it were a particularly bad one in the original however *cough*pokemonworldtournamentjuniorcupandmarlon'sdissapointingdebut*cough*, then I would not bother watching. I occaionallly head back to watch some of Sinnoh's best battles and contests however, preferably the ones with the Sinnoh League and Grand Festival closing in. I normally don't watch the Japanese episodes without subs, since I'm the kind of guy who wants to know what everyone says.

Every now and then. I skip the episodes that I have no interest in, and wait for the subs for the ones I do. I do keep tabs on futures episodes though.

Japanese Episodes - When I am at home during their live debut & I watch uploaded raw episodes online everytime TR is featured and everytime something special seems to be happening (Dawn's return, etc)
Portuguese Episodes - Everytime they debut.

I only got into Pokemon last spring, having played through Gold on my TI-nSpire CX Calculator during school. Last summer vacation I decided to watch through all of the anime episodes, though. I successfully got through the first eight seasons in english by the end of summer. However, I'm not a very big fan of the TPCi dub, after watching through about the first third of Battle frontier, so I've skipped to the subbed Best wishes series (all I could find subbed that aired after what I had already seen in English) when school started back up. Now, I try to watch at least one a day, sometimes I watch as many as 5, it just depends. I'm going to run out soon, though. I guess I'll just have to man up and watch the DP in english.

Also-- This is my first post here!

I've watched almost all of the anime.
I haven't watched all the sinnoh arc. And I'm maybe 5-6 behind on the current eps.

I watch them in bursts and I'll get around the new ones eventually

(I don't know If i'll ever get around to watching the sinnoh ones)

Oh man I remember watching all the way from the very first episode until the season where Ash got into Hoenn. I remember right after school ( was through 1st -4th grade) pokemon was on KidsWB at 4:00. I'd even invite my friend over to watch pokemon. Those were good times :)
I stopped watching pokemon after that cause they switched the times and I didn't really bother to check new episodes, though starting in 7th grade I started watching again...
Well, now that I'm a junior I'd rather sleep than watch pokemon at 8:30 in the morning...But whenever I get the chance, I do =D

I try to keep up with the series because their main plots tend to be good. The fillers don't really interest me as much. Having said that, I have small backlog on my DVR at the moment.

For AG and BW I watch it almost everyday. after a while in DP, I got bored and only watched the three episodes with Gary in them. :p

I stopped watching, regularly, after the journey through Johto. After that, I got bored of it, and didn't like the direction it was going. I have only watched a handful of episodes, from the current arcs.

I try to watch the new episodes every week as they air, but sometimes I forget. I like to do big catch ups on subbed episodes every 20 or so eps, since I don't understand the Japanese while watching the raws.

still watching the japanese episode every thurdsday and the USA update every weekend and every day i watch 5-10 episodes of AG or DP english dub and i was just about to begin watching them in spanish dub as i'm mexican

I haven't watched the Pokémon anime for a long time. Mostly because I don't like the changes that came with Best Wishes. (I haven't even watched one episode, but from what I've read I think my time would be better spent watching all the episodes I've missed). I was watching season 2 months ago (one episode a day marathon style), so I might finish that marathon, then watch season 1, season 3, season 4 and so on. (The reason for the odd order of seasons on my watch list is because I missed almost all episodes of season 2). I might even watch all seasons if I haven't outgrown the anime.

The Pokémon mangas however, like Pokémon Adventures, that's hardcore and way better than the anime in my opinion.

I find myself having to catch up to the Japanese episodes whenever I fall behind, since sometimes I'm just not in the mood to watch Pokemon. BW is the first series I'm watching in Japanese all the way through, and I barely look at the English dub because I don't wake up at 8:30 in the morning on Saturdays very often. I remember when I used to wake up every morning (even at 7) to watch the dub of DP, but now I think I'm just gonna stick mostly to the Japanese version of the Pokemon anime.

In the past I used to watch the original series and the Orange Islands whenever it was on. I never saw all of Johto because Cartoon Network would only show the first season and then just stop. I saw most of Johto Journeys and Master Quest but I missed a lot of Johto League Champions. I saw all of Advanced but I stopped watching sometime during Advanced Challenge. I think when DP first came out is when I started going back to watching it regularly.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom