• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

How often do you actually *watch* Pokemon?

I'm like you, if I see something from an episode on Bulbapedia I feel the need to go back and watch that episode.
I used to do this. But when I saw an episode I skipped on TV, I loved it. So generally I try to watch every episode, since you can never tell how good an episode is until you watch it.

I try to watch the original Japanese version of an episode a couple of days after it comes out. I follow the English dub and watch it every week. So all together, I watch about 2 episodes a week.

I watch the dub in order whenever I can, and go back to any previous series if there was an episode I truly loved. I only typically watch the League episodes in Japanese.

Nowadays occasionally. Ever since CN and TPCi dubbing...have grown irritated and frustrated with the dub work. VA change is what made me go from almost religiously watching show to only barely watching it. I'm used to and accept it however I do not like it or think it was a good thing in hindsight. Rather 4Kids have kept Pokemon license thinking hard about it, edits and all, but I digress- I don't watch Pokemon as much as before because of the regression of Ash, the predictability and simplicity to the point of no progression, and of course the current VAs who, while not bad anymore, are so painfully average and merely tolerable/decent that they do little to improve quality and experience of show. Eric Stuart's James in AG alone seemed to be more interesting than the voiceovers these days: there's no spark or enthusiasm to them. No character or going the extra mile. "Such a little kid!" is not what I mean or "It's evaluation time!" I mean actually sounding like you are the character as opposed to playing a character, so to speak. Also the choppy 30 sec intros do little to help keep my interest. Even the dub scripts aren't as entertaining.

Despite 4Kids alterations to the scripts, I like the fun they had and prefer the script changes the former English dub made as opposed to the current ones. Really do like 4Kids take on the anime the best, as unpopular an opinion as it may be lol. No offense to TPCi dub lovers intended.

Last edited:
I agree completely with Poliwhirl. You do the EXACT thing I do. It's almost scary XD

With Pokemon as with most shows I like, I go through phases of watching random episodes and phases of not watching the show and just obsessing over the franchise:yawn:.

With Pokemon as with most shows I like, I go through phases of watching random episodes and phases of not watching the show and just obsessing over the franchise:yawn:.

I'm sorry, but as non-anti 4Kids I am for some dubs (excluding One Piece and TMM), your profile picture made me lol. XD.

That's fine, laughter is the point whether you agree or not:lol:. It's from this nightmare I had where Giovanni was the CEO of 4kids:sweatlol:.
Um...now to try and stay on topic I'll say...watching Pokemon rocks:uhoh:!

Pokémon used to air every evening in Brazil and I've watched every episode of the original series, but when things moved to Advanced, I was moving and had no tv, so I only got to see it again about one episode before the Mirage Kingdom/Misty arc, but I actually had a chance to catch up when my local video store got this really cool box set of the entire season up to the Mirage Kingdom, aaand then I lost track one more time after we moved again, and the next episode I could watch was the last Ash vs Juan one, so I decided to move into the japanese episodes and was able to watch the whole Advanced Generation from start to finish in japanese, it turned out to be my favorite saga, despite the turmoil.

Nowadays, I watch the new japanese episodes every week, around saturday.

I found a website that has every episode to date and have been trying to watch every episode in order. I'm on Season 7 at the moment!

Since I started catching up with it, I try to get in at least 5 episodes a day or so.

It depends on whether I'm excited by what's going on or not. Back during the league in Sinnoh, I was watching episodes when they aired, and sometimes going back to rewatch if the keyhole feed was exceptionally bad. I haven't really felt that way about most of BW. If I think something big, like an evolution, will happen in an episode, I like to watch those live and hopefully not be disappointed. If I hadn't been in Tanzania when the TR stuff was happening a few months ago, I would have been watching that. But the way this league's been going, I'm not watching it.

I sometimes watch it for fun, but I do not have high expectations nor do I follow it actively as I used to before I discovered Pokemon Special. :p

I watched with no mistakes from Kanto all the way til the end of Advanced, I then had to move to Cyprus so I caught the Advanced Challenge eps online, then I eventually got cable in Cyprus and watched Advanced Battle and Battle Frontier until the end :) I then moved back to London (haha long story), and watched DP and BW on tv from then on, mostly on Cartoon Network/Disney XD if I catch it... Otherwise I resort to online.

At the moment, since 2 weeks ago, I've been watching the Hoenn saga from the beginning (my favourite Saga, perfect imo), I'm at the end of Advanced Challenge now, and I'm suddenly addicting to watching again? Like I don't know what's going to happen, that why Hoenn's exciting! xD

Before when I was younger, I would watch it after school and woke up early Saturday mornings to watch anime and at times the new episodes.

Today, I still love watching the anime, thanks to the internet, I can watch episodes online any time, if I get a chance to download it I will (just so I can watch them offline on my personal time) and watch on my PS3 - episodes, and movies I still watch a lot. 10 to 30 episodes a day, or 15 episodes and a movie or 2.

I still watch the anime today. New episodes too. Every Saturday when new episodes air, I will watch them if I'm awake, if not, I will watch the episode later when its available online.

Although I seen every episode in English, I'm currently watching episodes from season 15 in order, because Sinnoh and Unova are my favorite seasons.

Whenever I get the urge to especially with episodes I didn't watch from the Johto and Hoenn Episodes as well as the Battle Frontier. I did manage to watch all the Dubbed Kanto and Orange Islands Episodes though. As for Sinnoh I watched a few of them here and there but that's basically it. But I have been keeping up with Unova ever since they showed Meloetta as she is one of my favorite Legends next to Rayquaza. But other than just that I like to see what certain Pokémon look like when they're animated.

I haven't watched in like a month cause the sub is taking so long. I think they gave up

I love this show and watching this show on my regular bases. I have watched 6 seasons of this show and love it. Now i am going to start 7th season of this show.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom