• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

How Often Have You Completed the National Pokedex?

Teravolt71

Reaction score
Dunno if this thread exists already or not, but I didn`t see anything of the sort so I decided to post this here. So, um, how often have you completed the National Pokedex across the Pokemon games you`ve played? Perhaps you did it once on one game, and yet again in another game? Or maybe even not at all? As for me I`ve only done it once in HeartGold, and will probably get around to doing it in White sometime. How about you?

Last edited:
Once in red and then never. I was able to use that Mew glitch to get all 151 but after that, it was impossible thanks to events which I couldn't attend. And it also became long and tedious and I lost my motivation.

never. I have gotten close on Black version, though, but I haven't picked up that game in months. I got all of the Kanto, Johto, and Unova pokemon in it. By all, I mean ALL at the same time, like I don't have just a Venasaur that I evolved to get the pokedex data, I got three Bulbasaurs and evolved one once, and another twice, to get one of each of the evolved forms of it! It is VERY time consuming...

I've done it once in generation IV in which I have a complete national Pokédex in Pearl version with all 493 Pokémon and I didn't ever cheat, transfer legendary Pokémon, or Pokémon which I got in Colosseum or XD or Pokémon from my main parties in generation III by the Park Pal instead I went to the events, used mystery gift online or downloaded event Ranger missions for all the event Pokémon after the Almia Darkrai, Manaphy and Rilou, I caught the remaining legendary Pokémon in Platinum and Soul Silver and traded with someone my Platinum Cresselia for an Embedded Tower Kyogre in a trade shop on a forum and bred my Pokémon from generation III.

I'm also going to try it with Black version using similar methods by breeding then transfering Pokémon from generation IV and waiting for all the event pokémon to be given out.

Last edited:
Never. Got close in Gold and Silver. In Gold I was off by maybe 10 Pokemon. I'm trying with White version, I just haven't had the time to work on it.

I'm currently attempting it in White (annoying as GTS rendezvous is, it's good for filling in gaps in your Pokedex if you find someone who isn't an idiot), and I probably won't bother with any others.

Never, since I never used to trade before Gen V.
I came close in Blue and Ruby though.

Never, and I haven't ever gotten really close. And that's really sad, since I've been playing since Gen. I.

I can't bring myself to catch Pokemon I know I'll never ever use (looking at YOU, Bidoof and Patrat).

I think I got closest to completion in Red, and that was with glitches.

I've caught a lot in White, but I don't play that game for Pokedex completion, I'm more of a competitive battler.

I completed it once in Gen1 and showed it to Prof Oak. (I had to go through numerous trades with people all around me and get mew with the mew glitch)

He said

"Good work!"

.......lol? No prizes? AFTER EVERYTHING I WENT THROUGH?!

I never bothered to complete the national dex ever again.

I am extreemly close on heart gold I can almost taste it. All I need is to import 6 guys into it which i already have then go catch regigigas which will be fine and then all I need left is palkia and spirit tomb... soooo close Will maybe then transfer all to complete 3rd title of gen 5

I've completed it only once, on my Platinum game. I'm really close on Black, though. Only 30-40 left to go (sounds a lot, but considering there's ~650 pokes, it's really not much).

I did it once in my copy of HeartGold, and I plan to do it in White before the generation ends.

I have never completed the national pokedex and probably never will.

You've caught all the pokemon? Excuse me while I take off all my clothes....

I was very close to completing it in Pearl, but there were a couple of Pokemon that I just could not get, so basically never. :( I intend on completing it in White.

I completed the Pokédex in Red in early 2007. At one point, I was missing Dragonite and had 150 of 151 due to the Mew glitch, and it still thought it was complete. Eventually I got Dragonite, and it was truly complete (151 of 151). I have come close in Blue (in the 140s I believe), and I am considering restarting Red upon completing Blue's Pokédex.

I completed the Hoenn Pokédex in Ruby in May 2005 and Emerald in late 2010 or early-to-mid 2011, but that does not count because the title of this thread asks about the National Pokédex.

About 28 minutes ago, I completed the Pokédex in Crystal (249 of 249), the first time I completed a Pokédex in a Generation 2 game.

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom