• All content from the former Roleplaying Games forum has been merged into the Writers' Workshop forum. You can find more information in this thread.

We hope to see you roleplaying away soon!
  • The World Beyond Restructure is now finished! Check out the update here!
  • It's time for the Writer's Workshop Summer event: our second themed one-shot competition! Check out the sign-up thread here!
  • Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters!

How old are you, Pokémon Fans? (Once more from the top)

How old are you? In which year were you born?

• Total voters
Reaction score
1991. Born into the golden age. I got my first Gameboy with Pokemon Red in Japanese (my dad was in the U.S. Coast Guard and my first language was Japanese).

マーシャンミスター
Reaction score
How come there is so little people born after 2003? Poll is no longer working?

Reaction score
But it's still active.
The thread should have been closed and remade. 90% of the people who votes on this poll are now 10 years older (obviously, we're in 2019 now, not 2008), and all the results are outdated. Hell...I was only 22 when I voted on this thread...lol

Reaction score
The thread should have been closed and remade. 90% of the people who votes on this poll are now 10 years older (obviously, we're in 2019 now, not 2008), and all the results are outdated. Hell...I was only 22 when I voted on this thread...lol
...Which is why they are using birth years instead of using the actual age. That way the thread is never outdated.

the bells of joy are ringing
Reaction score
Wild. The first comment on this thread is only when I started playing my 2nd Pokémon game. What a blast to the past.

Reaction score
2006 xD

I got started watching Pokemon anime and playing Pokemon GO but never any actual pokemon games. I hope when I'm older I can buy one to play.

#Shield
Reaction score
I don't remember if I ever commented on here. But my first game was Crystal though I was born in 91 I watched a friend play through red and silver. And when sapphire and ruby came out, we went together to get sapphire.. I dont see her anymore, but we keep in touch through fb. down side to getting old is that everyone including yourself move. But so far, she is wanting to get Sword. However she isn't sure when because she will have to get a new console. I am leaning towards shield.

the other captain toad
Reaction score
I somehow feel as though I am both higher and lower on the bell curve than I thought I would be.

My first game was Sapphire, back around 2003-2004. I only got into Pokemon because the all the other kids at school kept bringing in their gameboys to play during after-school daycare. They'd always play Pokemon Crater on the school computers too.

Average Pokémon Champion
Reaction score
I'm 21. I got my first game at 3 years old; Gold version. I didn't know how to read or understand English, but with my teenage cousin, we somehow got through it. Kinda surreal it's been 18 years .o.

Reaction score
I'm 17 (about to turn 18, at the time of this post), and I got my first game in the form of my cousin's sapphire cart(back in like... 04/05?), but my first game(06/07 i think?) (that i bought with my own money) was Pokemon platinum, I got into the series though, oF ALL THINGS: burger king promotional stuff (the trading card stuff)

fun fact: i own 2 e-cards, a japanese card and 2 german pokemon cards. i have no idea how, but i do