• All content from the former Roleplaying Games forum has been merged into the Writers' Workshop forum. You can find more information in this thread.

We hope to see you roleplaying away soon!
  • The World Beyond Restructure is now finished! Check out the update here!
  • It's time for the Writer's Workshop Summer event: our second themed one-shot competition! Check out the sign-up thread here!
  • Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters!

How old are you, Pokémon Fans? (Once more from the top)

How old are you? In which year were you born?

• Total voters
Reaction score
I'm 30 now, and I started playing in..I think 1999/2000 or near that? I do remember my first game was Pokemon Red. :B

Ace Trainer
Reaction score
I was born in 2004, started playing in 2013 when X and Y came out, and am 15 now in 2020.

Reaction score
2002 baby here (specifically I'm 17, 18 in May :D)! The first Pokemon game I remember playing is Pokemon Black all the way back in 2011 (seems like a long time ago now XD), and I will never forget my beloved Samurott, SPLASHDOWN (I didn't know how to make the letters lowercase back then, so I spelled all my Pokemon's names with capital letters, haha).
I went back a generation for my next game, Pokemon Pearl (and I STILL didn't know how to type lowercase letters!), where my starter was a Piplup named SPLASHY.
Next, I played Heart Gold, and this time I chose Chikorita (I don't remember what I named it though XD).
Next (I think) came White 2, where I chose Oshawott again (again, don't know what I named it). I then lost the cartridges for Black, White 2 and Heart Gold, leaving only my Pearl cartridge (I still have it).
When it came out, I then played X, where (as per my tradition) I chose Froakie (and named it Stevie, now understanding the concept of lowercase letters.)
After that, I played Moon and chose Popplio (of course, and its name was Azul (Spanish for blue, just fyi :D)
The most recent game I've been playing is Sword, and it's also the only game in which I can remember my entire team (Sobble (Nami), Indeedee (Doobidoo), Hatterene (MadHatter), Corviknight (Tokoyami, but it's female XD), Polteageist (Afternoon) and Grapploct (Cheese, pun on the "I smell cheese" meme :D)
Aaaaand that's my entire Pokemon playthrough history! Thanks for coming to my TED talk :)

Thunderbird
Reaction score
I'm 24 (almos 25) and started to play in 2003/2004

Reaction score
Man, so far I'm one of the older guys here? I'm currently 37. So basically I started with the first ever Gen 1. And no, I'm definitely not a Genwunner though I like a great many Pokemon from that generation. Heck, I used to kind of be one of the Jynx haters, but since I played with it (her???) in my last Let's Go Eevee playthrough, I saw how hilarious it is... it's face, Mr. Popo style, and that Cry!!! Talan talaan talan talan talan taalan talan talan...

Reaction score
Man, so far I'm one of the older guys here? I'm currently 37. So basically I started with the first ever Gen 1. And no, I'm definitely not a Genwunner though I like a great many Pokemon from that generation. Heck, I used to kind of be one of the Jynx haters, but since I played with it (her???) in my last Let's Go Eevee playthrough, I saw how hilarious it is... it's face, Mr. Popo style, and that Cry!!! Talan talaan talan talan talan taalan talan talan...
You missed using her in Stadium. She was a beast there.

Reaction score
You missed using her in Stadium. She was a beast there.
I really don't remember if I ever used a Jynx in Stadium, but in Let's Go it is OK, kinda strong on the Special Attack department. And the buff with candies of course :D

Reaction score
2002, just turned 18 in January!
I got into Pokemon in 2010, and Black was my first game - then I backtracked to D/P/P, then HGSS, and all forward until SWSH. I played all of the Pokemon Rangers games in the Almia region, and played PokePark.
I'm disabled so Pokemon GO has left me salty, but I digress.

Reaction score
My "adventure" with this franchise started around 2000, thanks to Pokémon Red... Been a fan of Pokémon for 20 years and I'm about to turn 27 now.

the Galar Champion
Reaction score
I was born in 1994. At the time of writing I'm 25, turning 26 next week. I thought it would be fun to figure out how old I was when each generation of games first came out in the UK (where I live)...

Red and Blue - 5
Gold and Silver - 6
Ruby and Sapphire - 8 (9 a few weeks later)
Diamond and Pearl - 12 (13 a few weeks later)
Black and White - 16
X and Y - 19
Sun and Moon - 22
Sword and Shield - 25

At first, I only watched the anime and collected merchandise. I was given a Game Boy Advance and Silver when I was 8, I believe, and then Ruby as a present for my 9th birthday. I had a friend with Pearl which we sometimes played together but I didn't get my own DS and copy of Pearl until I was 16, the Christmas before Black and White came out. Since then, I've bought each new generation on or near release day.

When Red and Green first came out in Japan, I was 1 and a half!

Last edited: