• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Obsolete: How old are you, Pokémon Fans? (Once more from the top)

How old are you? In which year were you born?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh hey, I never responded here, huh! I’m 23, but I’ve enjoyed Pokemon since…. let’s see. My first game was Diamond and Pearl, but I had wanted to play during the Emerald era, I always begged my sister to let me play hers because she never touched it, but she never let me. I got D/P around its release, so when I was 8 or so.

Ngl, I’m gonna sound real old, but it surprises me to hear people younger than me getting into it only in the newer games— I’m one of those people still baffled others are born in the year 2000+ LOL.

I definitely don’t play the games like I did in my childhood though, I was hardcore. Now I play pretty leisurely, and I think I can say I have comfortably retired… I’m comfortable keeping my post in Gear Station in other words!

I first played Omega Ruby, but I only really knew what I was doing with Moon. I really like the approach that you can start playing from any game.

Oh, nonsense. You're not old at all. Anything in the 20's to 30 range is still young if you ask me. I ought to know, I'm 26, going to be 27 in July. And age is just a state of mind, anyway. If it makes you feel any better though, it's been 17 years since my first Pokemon game(s), Pokemon Colosseum and Pokemon Channel, both Christmas 2004. Sounds like we got our first Pokemon games around the same age. If you don't mind me asking, what was your first Pokemon game?

The comment I didn't know I need it to read! :enzap:.... I think is bc the majority of times you'd only hear/read that the 20's is the young population and they never mention the 30's..... it's like the 30's is out of rangetobe considered youngand yet not considered mature like in your 40;s.

I posted here early last year, but I figure I should update: I'm now 19 (and a half). While I'm totally aware of how young I still am, I think turning 20 is going to be a very, very strange thing to process.

Fellow 2000s kids, does it hurt that the GBA and GameCube are considered retro consoles now? orz

Fellow 2000s kids, does it hurt that the GBA and GameCube are considered retro consoles now? orz
I'm 30 and this hurts. :p Never mind that the Nintendo 64 and Game Boy Color are "old" now. I'm still trying to process that.

It's truly hard to believe that when I first answered the question in this thread when I joined the forums, I was about a month away from turning 17. How is it possible that 13 years have passed since then?

I posted here early last year, but I figure I should update: I'm now 19 (and a half). While I'm totally aware of how young I still am, I think turning 20 is going to be a very, very strange thing to process.

I was, like, barely 3 when the GameCube was still relevant.

Time is an illusion. Age isn't real. Everyday is cakeday.

You should say that on Twitter :cool:
I'd rather not set foot on a cesspool like that. I think even sitting in a bin of toxic waste for an entire day is more healthy.

UNless there's some hidden joke that I've undoubtedly missed.

I don't reckon it is that toxic. Although I rarely thread into the replies.

Anyhow, I am older than Diamond & Pearl, but I still would not have been able to play them based on the PEGI rating.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom