• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Obsolete: How old are you, Pokémon Fans? (Once more from the top)

How old are you? In which year were you born?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Born 1989

Been a fan of the show since 1999, rediscovered it in late 2007, after taking a break from watching it briefly.

I'm 6! ;)

And the reason people in college are getting into Pokemon again is because RBY and even GSC are old enough to be retro now. The kids in college, we they grew up when Pokemon just started, and continued growing up with it.

'94 baby!

dont know when I got into Pokemon, but I was young. My BFF introduced me.

1975. Yes, I'm an old woman. :lol:

Got my first game in 2000 (I was 25) and was hooked from the start. And managed to get Prime hooked as well. I still think he holds that against me.

Geeze, lol, again? I was born in 1985
I'm an '85errrr, and I'm just starting to feel old because I've got a bunch of my friends getting married now (we're not the same age, but still).

My first game was Pokemon blue, and I remember learning a lot of the monsters from the Anime, and the commercial preview for it. I remember thinking Bulbasaur and Butterfree were the same pokemon (because of the commercial clip) until the show debuted. It's pretty funny actually, but bulbasaur with butterfly wings is not a bad idea.

I only knew some of the pokemon before then as well (Charizard, Scyther, Mewtwo, Blastoise, Venusaur, Meowth and Pikachu. Also, believe it or not, I didn't even know that Bulbasaur and Venusaur were related. That's pretty funny to me as well)

15, born 1993
Pokemon silver with a white Gameboy advance got me hooked.
I made some silly mistakes aswell. I went around saying Groundon for ages even called it that xD.
First lv:100 i had was Feraligt'r on silver athough aside Eevee and pikachu; Typhlosion was my fav starter
Umm i almost missed out on a shiny tentacool cause being colourblind and not knowng about them din't help but my friend said to catch it and i did.
Now i've pokeradared most available Shiny electrics and aside from plusle i can see the differences.

I'm 6! ;)

And the reason people in college are getting into Pokemon again is because RBY and even GSC are old enough to be retro now. The kids in college, we they grew up when Pokemon just started, and continued growing up with it.

I see what you did there! You're actually in college, sir! No way are you six >:{

Well have you seen his other posts? No six-year-old posts like that.

Ok fine, I'm in college.

Now am I lying, or am I telling the truth? :O

I'm 15 and got into Pokémon 2002/2003ish.

Just wondering... When do people start playing videogames normally?

I tend to mix up years, but I know I was much younger when I got into pokemon than most people my age... as in, I am 15 and started with red shortly after it came out, most people my age didn't until the 2nd generation.

So you had me talking about pokemon with people older than me when I was a kid, and then trying to explain later to other "veterans" how I wasn't some random kid who started with the second gen (which again, I didn't play until relatively recently), or even the third gen.

Well, I was born in 1991. Actually, my birthday's in just two days.

But yeah, 1991.

Hello, this is my first post here as a new member!

I am 22 years old, and I LOVE pokemon still. When my husband and I first started dating, for our 3 month anniversary we bought each other Fire Red and Leaf Green. We both collected the cards, watched the show everything! We're just a bunch of old nerds. ;)

My step dad is the same way, he in his late thirties, and still enjoys the games. I don't see any of us stopping just because we're too old. It's just too much fun!

Like Archaic, I was also born in 1984.

I hated Pokemon with a passion hen it first came out. I was in the Power Rangers fandom at the time, and I hated how Pokemon's ratings were destroying everything in its path.

But years later for a variety of reasons (mainly Dogasu's site) I stopped hating Pokemon and now I'm obsessed with it and the forum, and I haven't watched Power Rangers in years.

My how times have changed...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom