• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Obsolete: How old are you, Pokémon Fans? (Once more from the top)

How old are you? In which year were you born?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly, born in 2001, currently 9, and I always see posts saying

'I was 10, I was SOO dumb back then'

They aren't calling people of your age dumb...they just view their younger selves as less intelligent than they are now. You shouldn't take offense to it. Heck looking at what you post I would think you're at least near my age [Gonna turn 16 in a few weeks] if I didn't see this post.

lolwhyamIpostingagain

Well. Been playing since I was 5 and I don't plan to stop. Hurp.

Also, the majority of us seem to have been born in 94/95

Haaa. So it's not just local.

1991, 19 and a little over half years of age. First Pokemon game was Blue, which is also the only Pokemon game I`ve ever lost :-(... I`m lucky I got Yellow. Played and own at least one game from every Generation (Blue/Yellow, Gold, Ruby/LeafGrean, Diamond/HeartGold, White) and will continue to as long as they release them.

Exactly, born in 2001, currently 9, and I always see posts saying

'I was 10, I was SOO dumb back then'
Yeah, judging by your posts, I'd think you were in your early teens. Surprisingly, many people think I'm a short eighth grader because of the jabber the flies out of my mouth, but in reality...

The only person on this forum who knows my birthdate is Sandile For certain reasons...

Phew. I feel ancient at thirteen.

Pokemon was my very life. Ages 3 to 4, I learnt to read from Gen I-II.
Age 4 or 5, I apparently release my mum's Celebi, though I remember no such thing.
Ages 5 to 6-ish, I play Pokemon Ruby and then FireRed; I suck.
Ages 7 to 9, I defect to The Legend of Zelda.
Age 9: I am revived with Diamond. I do the Pokemon League with a now abandoned, level 86 Torterra and a couple of HM slaves.
Age 11: Yet again pulled to the dark side, and brought back by the release of Platinum. I now see the point in catching other Pokemon.
Soon after: SoulSilver... My life is lost after defeating Morty.
Age 13: The spark of life flares into a blaze with POKEMON BLACK!!! I become a strategic failure. I love every minute.

You guys feel old with 13 or 16 years?

Meh.

Yes, I'm 17 and I feel myself pretty old now :,D [I do know that's not true but still..] I don't like the fact that when I'll turn 18, everyone expects me to be wise and mature adult, but that's not the case...

2000- I'm 10. I will be 11 soon. Whenever I read this stuff I'm like, "Oh god! Am I the only young person who plays pokemon?" It was popular in my school, until that stupid bakugan came. Right now, this stuff makes me feel to YOUNG to play pokemon. I like it so much, I will probably still play when I'm in my 20s. (not that it is bad or anything. I can't blame you for liking pokemon at that age. It is a really fun game.)

Last edited:
1984 is when I was born. 26 and still lovin every second of this game. I started when I was 12 when Red and Blue came out. My friend had the opposite copies. I took a brief hiatus during Gen. IV, but recently started playing again when HG/SS came out. I love how the game mechanics are just so much more than what they used to be. I still even watch the show...nostalgia.

1998, just turned 13. I hate when people's posts end like "lol, but I was 12, I was so dumb!" It offends me.

haha, you really shouldn't be offended. Trust me, when you're 18 you'll look back and say the same thing. Then when you're 25 you'll look back and say "lol, but I was 18, I was so dumb!" It's just the way it is, man.

94' I can't believe that I'm already 17. I remember just a few years ago when Diamond and Pearl came out. Good times.

Last edited:
I'm on the verge of becoming a twenty-something and I still adore Pokemon (as opposed to, say, clubbing or being a hipster).

I was born in 1989 and I've a huge Pokemon fan since it first came out. I was worried I might be too old now, but then I realized the games are just too much fun. Also, it seems that most people on this forum are as old or older than me, so I believe that I'll be a fan of Pokemon for years to come.

True Im 19 and absolutely loving pokemon again, im letting my inner child run around :D

i guess i'm the youngest i'm only 12 now and was born in 1998.i started being pokemon fan since 2009.i know not a great number but yet i love pokemon and learned a lot about it.
imgres

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom