• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Obsolete: How old are you, Pokémon Fans? (Once more from the top)

How old are you? In which year were you born?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I refuse to give out specifics online but I'm old enough to have graduated from university in the past few years. My first game was either Red or Blue when those came out. This thread is making me feel really old.

I'm 17 and Yellow was my first pokemon game. Strange that pokemon has a fanbase of people aged over the Game's rating?

Is it? Pokemon is like Harry Potter, it became popular for the first time when many of us were children or tweens. It's fun to revisit it from time to time and think about our old favourites and whatnot. It's lighthearted and fun so it's enjoyable when you've had a long day at work and want to do something that isn't too serious. My parents started having kids when they were my age and they loved watching Disney movies with us, probably for those same reasons. It's such a big franchise, too, so there's a lot of ways to be a fan. Within the games, you can make them harder if you want or do things that suit your interests, like battling or trading, breeding, collecting pokemon to complete your dex, etc.

It's definitely aimed at younger kids, obviously. I think most of us older fans probably enjoy it differently from the way kids do. I'm also not as obsessed as I was when I was a kid, I'm more of a casual fan now and I turn to it when I'm bored and have nothing else going on in my life. It's still really fun for me though.

I'm 19. My first game was most likely Ruby though I do recall having a GameBoy color at one point so I may have had Gold or Silver. I definitely remember the Pokemon craze when the first movie came out. It's amazing to see how despite that the series has lasted it's popularity has waned immensely since then. I definitely remember that when Ruby came out everybody in my class had it and that was all people talked about. Nobody however watched the TV Show or collected the cards anymore at that point. That fad was definitely over and done with. It's amazing though how Pokemon was once enormously popular among children but is now almost exclusively popular with teenagers and adults.

I'm...probably one of the older people around here xD

My first game was Yellow; I would have bought Red or Blue but I didn't have a Gameboy at the time. I think I had to use Pokemon Stadium to play Yellow, actually :p

I'm 28 and I'm not ashamed of walking into a store a reserving a copy of the newest poke game for myself either! XD

I'm 26, and I've been a fan since I was.. 9 or 10.

Blue was my first game.

To this day everyone that knows me knows that I enjoy Pokemon, and a number of my friends are into as well, so. No shame. xD

Just turned 20 a few months ago. Pokemon is too cool to grow out of. xD

1994! Used to enjoy watching pokemon 7-8 years ago, now addicted again!

24 been playing since Gen 1. First game was blue got it on the release date. Never been ashamed of being a fan. And I still play through the games. Just beat the e4 on y.

Fred

I'm just as old as the series: 1995! I've been playing the games since sapphire and I've been watching the anime for as long as I can remember. :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom