• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Obsolete: How old are you, Pokémon Fans? (Once more from the top)

How old are you? In which year were you born?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like I joined fairly early in the bell curve. I'm 28 and was born in 1985. I'll probably never stop playing Pokemon

22 over here, been playing Pokemon since I got Blue version as a Christmas present when I was about 7 or 8.
Hope none of you let "wow aren't you too old for that" ever be a reason you stop playing, regardless of how old/young you are now!

22 also!!! My first game was pokemon blue also! My goodness Pokemon X is amazing... thankfully we are still pokemon fans! We'd be missing out.

I was born in 1989, and I became a Pokemon fan back in the RBY days, such as many users here.
It's funny, actually. I hated it at first because everybody liked it, I was super dumb. However, my friend had the game and I was watching her play it. That's when everything changed.

18 years old (gonna be 19 in August)

Pokemon Blue was my first game. I got it in early-mid 2000 and i've been a fan ever since. Still trying to get my hands on Pokemon X lol.

22, got Blue as a birthday present in 1999. In 2003 I used all of my savings (as a 11-year-old) to buy pokemon Ruby.
After that I lost my interest in Pokemon for 9 years.. Two years ago I regained my addiction for the games. I bought a DS and bought and played Platinum, Heartgold, White and White 2 in that order. Awesome to discover things if you know the history behind it!

I'm 17 and Yellow was my first pokemon game. Strange that pokemon has a fanbase of people aged over the Game's rating?

Uhh no, not really. Rated E for Everyone doesn't mean 10 years or younger.

But from an outsider's point of view, pokemon is a child's game, including close family (why won't they understand?)You know what I meant by my former comment.

I'm 17 and Yellow was my first pokemon game. Strange that pokemon has a fanbase of people aged over the Game's rating?

Uhh no, not really. Rated E for Everyone doesn't mean 10 years or younger.

But from an outsider's point of view, pokemon is a child's game, including close family (why won't they understand?)You know what I meant by my former comment.
Ahhhh okay! My family(especially my brother), once tried to get me to stop playing Pokemon, but they left me alone on it. I guess they realized there would be no use in trying to make me stop. It's not like I was obsessed or anything.

Yeah, they usually leave me alone now (but you know what they're thinking), still beats socializing with the people I usually have to deal with. ;)

But from an outsider's point of view, pokemon is often considered a child's game (you know, by those 12 year old COD fans, that won't stop telling you what they are going to do to your mum) You know what I meant by my earlier comment.

17. Born in 1996. Known Pokemon since when I was young (from the anime) around the year 2000. Only started playing since 2006. :3

I'm 41 and my Pokemon video game experience has some serious holes in it: I started with Pokemon Red, a gift (along with a GameBoy Color) from an online friend, when it first came out, then didn't play anything until starting Black on an emulator last summer. I played about an hour of Diamond on the same emulator, then this January got a 2DS and Pokemon X. Suffice it to say I had a lot of 'ooh, I've never seen *that* one!' moments. :) In fact, I got a Feebas in Wonder Trade this week and it was new to me too. I used to think I'd never like any of the Pokemon introduced since Red/Blue, but I fell in love with Snivy from the moment I saw it, and I'm very glad to have been wrong.

I'm glad to be back into this thoroughly addictive and entertaining game. I'm currently watching the Johto anime episodes, and of course XY on Saturday mornings (yay Saturday morning cartoons!).

I am born in 200, right in the range where playing pokemon is "uncool" But that has not stoped me, ever since I got leaf green when I was 5 or 6 ( I cant remember just how old I was) I have been playing this series and loving it

ill be turning 25 in less than a month ^_^ im just glad im not the oldest here lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom