• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Obsolete: How old are you, Pokémon Fans? (Once more from the top)

How old are you? In which year were you born?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Born at the end of 1995, so I'm 18 now. I've been playing ever since I was 7 years old.

Excellent question. No surprise this poll was pinned..!

Anyway, I'm 19 and will be 20 in the fall, which interestingly puts me right in the middle of this quasi-normal distribution. I grew up primarily on the second and third generations game-wise, but have some experience with the fourth thanks to the HeartGold and SoulSilver remakes released back in 2010. I also had the chance to play the originial 1st generation at my neighbor's house - he's three years older. With regards to the anime, I watched the original following Ash through Kanto and stopped watching semi-regularly after the Battle Frontier season had concluded when I was 12, I believe. I lost interest since I wasn't thrilled with the 4th generation games at time - May's departure in the anime effectively killed any interest in the anime. First Misty, then May...couldn't handle it.

Wow, I assumed everyone here was my age (16) or older. Everyone seems so mature. (Or at least the people I've interacted with)
I can remember how I first found Pokemon. I was 6, and visiting my grandparents in New York. My uncle lived with them, and he owned Red, Blue, AND Yellow. But he didn't play them anymore, so he gave me Blue and Yellow. I played them for a bit and enjoyed them, but never made it very far.
And then one day, maybe a month later, my grandfather and I were at GameStop and I saw a used copy of Crystal. He bought it for me, and as soon as we popped in the car I shoved at bad boy into my GBA and played it relentlessly. I still wasn't very good, but that was the first Pokemon game I made it very far in, even though is really only used my starter. (Feraligatr and I could never make it past Lance.) But even if I never beat it, that copy of Crystal is what got me hooked on Pokemon. (Even if I was so busy playing that, that I sorta skipped Gen3, aside from FireRed)

Born in 1996, am 17 now but will be 18 in October. I'm not exactly sure when I got into Pokémon, but I likely started watching the anime when I was... Five? Six? I honestly can't remember.

1999. I've been a fan since I can remember, but I didn't become a serious fan until 2010

Whoa. The poll makes a cool little bell curve...
I got into Pokemon a little late, I guess. For some reason, I always get into something about a decade after it gets really, really huge. Bad habit of mine... :sweat:

1988. Nintendo sent out marketing mailers before Pokemon Red/Blue were released. It was a video cassette with some of the dumbest stuff I've ever seen. This Pokemon thing will be stupid.

Then I played it at my friend's house and HAD TO HAVE IT. Fanatic since then. Fell back out of it during middle and high school (Gen III), got back into it in college with Gen IV. Discovered competitive shortly after.

Obligatory get off my lawn

1990. Watched "the big kids" play it at school and pretty much idolized them until I got my own Gameboy that Christmas.

Wow. I did not realize how old everyone was :D
I just figured that we were all really mature. I guess I be even more mature now that I know.

I'm 13, I'll be 14 on August 10th.

My first experience with Pokemons? 2006. Me and my big sister have to share a DS. So she gets Pokemon Diamond, and my parents, believing I did not like Pokemon, got me Star Wars: The Complete Saga. Naturally, I like Pokemon, so my parents get me Pokemon Trozei. I do not know why my 6 year old self liked that game so much. I finally get Pearl for the big trip to California. I then acquire Platinum, Heartgold, White, Ruby, Conquest, Original Ranger, and finally Y. I still have all the strategy guides for D/P/Pt so I use those for my attempts at drawing Pokemon.

That's a little history of my gaming.

I live in Germany and i've been playing Pokémon since the Red and Blue games were published in the US. At this time most germans didn't know anything about Pokémon...

I'm born in 1992, played Red on the gameboy when I was only 8 or 9? I was really a big fan then, combined with watching the anime as well as playing the trading card game competitively, eliminating almost everyone with my full Pinsir and Giovanni's Pinsir themed deck. In Red I can't really remember my party Pokemon except that it consists on Starmie, which is my favourite Pokemon to date, Arcanine, Venusaur and Nidoking. When Gold and Silver came out I wasn't really aware of it since there was no advertisements or such, but I fell in love it pkm again when I saw my friend playing Sapphire on his gameboy..Since then, I pestered my parents to get me a GBA so I could play it. So I studied hard for my exams and did pretty well enough so they would get me the Gold GBA and Pokemon Ruby which I always wanted. After playing Ruby which was in 2004, I knew I had to get Diamond, which lead to Heartgold, my first time playing in the Johto region, then Black now it's X and I've already preordered Omega Ruby and it's just gonna be so much of nostalgia, now that my Swampert which was from my original Ruby can now Mega-Evolve !! Just how totally awesome is that for a true Poke-fan like me

I came from 1987 bracket and currently I am 27 years old, and maybe the only person that are still playing Pokemon in my batch when I started back year 2000.

I started playing Pokemon back year 2000. Me and my 2 cousins started playing it through Red version coz everyone said Charizard is much stronger. So all of us chose Charizard.

After 2years, I started playing TCG by choosing the standard Charizard base set with free Pikachu card. I played TCG for 3 years with continuous playing of Pokemon Silver, and afterwards, Pokemon Ruby. I stopped playing Pokemon game last 2005 coz I was attending college.

2008, I was back at playing TCG with Cacturne(Pokebody and Feint attack)-Arbok combo set. This was the time when I become a professional TCG player due to my numerous participation in events and tournaments. Though I failed to play Pokemon video game again due to my financial incapabilities to buy Nintendo DS series console(LOL, I was college, that's why).

2010, I stopped again because this was the time I started working.

And after 4years, I was back again by playing the X and Y series video game. But right now, I cannot afford to play TCG anymore because of time shortage but I'm dying to play it again.

But of all these things, I never watched Pokemon Anime and movies or even read Pokemon manga. Maybe because I am not a fan of Ash(sorry for Ash fans out there). I'm not also a collector of Pokemon toys or anything. But I am proud to be a Pokemon video game player.

Last edited:
Ive been a fan since 5th grade and I'm only a Sophomore in High School. Everyone else seems to be older than me...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom