• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Obsolete: How old are you, Pokémon Fans? (Once more from the top)

How old are you? In which year were you born?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Born in '95 and my first encounter with the franchise was at age four thanks to the anime, which I'd watch religiously. My first experience with the games followed close after, when we got an N64, since our first games for it were Stadium and Mario Kart and a bit after, I realized that my older brother owned R/B/Y, and he let me have Yellow to start my PKMN journey with (later giving me the R/B and even later, his G/S once those came around and he finished them).

I was so drawn to the series and wanted to know exactly what was happening so badly that Gen. I actually aided me in learning how to read.

I briefly stopped paying much attention to the games that came out after D/P when those two failed to 'Wow' me like the first three gens had, though. And while the myriad of praise B/W got caught my eye, I didn't dive back into the newer parts of the series until I got X and a 3DS on Christmas -- I've been playing catch up with the ones I skipped since.

Born in -90. First encounter was with Yellow somewhere around -98. Just bought a 3DS and Pokemon X after a 15 year pokemon break, and now I´m hooked again!

Born in -90. First encounter was with Yellow somewhere around -98. Just bought a 3DS and Pokemon X after a 15 year pokemon break, and now I´m hooked again!

Doesn't it feel great to be back?

Wow! Pokéfans aging 40 ! Now that's something that the franchise can brag about!

24, and getting back into things after a long time.

Like a lot of kids my age, I played the first games, as well as silver when it came out. After a couple years though it kind of just dropped off my map. For some reason at the time I thought I was getting too old for something that "childish". Looking back now, it was a pretty childish attitude, but I was young and stupid, and didn't know better yet.

The whole series has pretty much been out of my attention since then, until X/Y was about to come out, and my curiosity piqued. That's about when I borrowed my roommate's copy of HeartGold, mainly to see if the series would still appeal to me at all. Clearly, I got hooked, and have had no cause to regret getting back into it yet.

I'm 22, turning 23 in April and it's quite an interesting story about how I got interested in Pokemon.

Back when I was in school, pretty much everyone that I was friends with was into Pokemon. I had just finished sixth grade and on the first day of summer vacation, I fell off my bike and I ended up breaking my collarbone ouch =/ and I was stuck in my house for a couple months while my collarbone healed. My mom got me a gameboy and my very first Pokemon game, which I believe was Red, I honestly can't remember.

But yeah, that's how I become a fan on the series. So overall, I've been fan of Pokemon for 11 years, that's a long time, right?

Pokemon fan til death do us part

It appears there aren't as my people my age on here...!

I am 16, born in 1998, and have been playing the games for as long as I can remember. My older brother (by 18 months) got me hooked. I still remember watching him play Pokemon Yellow, and then secretly taking the game to play~ Because I was so into it, and still am, I have played one game from almost every generation. Red, Blue, Yellow, Crystal, Silver, Fire Red, Leaf Green, Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, Pearl, Diamond, Platinum, Soul Silver, Black, and X.

My brothers and I played all our games until the memory burnt out. My original Silver copy finally copped out this year after many fantastic years of service (but I refuse to throw it away!). I plan on sticking with Pokemon for a very long time ^^ It was and is a staple in my life.

Born from the 90's (the decade not the year 1990) know of Pokémon since I watched the anime and have played the games ever since.

Last edited:
Born 1995, 19 going on... wow, am I really going to be 20 in January? Ahaha, time flies~

I actually saw the anime (watched it on VHS... mum would always get out a volume or two from the local library for me) before I played any of the games. My first was SoulSilver, but before that I played a little bit of Platinum at a... gaming expo thing? GameOn 2.0, I remember it being called. I... don't remember where it was, ehehe... OTL

Twenty-seven. Pokemon Red and Super Mario Land were my first Game Boy games. Kind of grew out of it for a long, long time and then dove back into it with Heart Gold. Been happy to be back.

27. Got pokemon Blue Version that first Christmas after they came out and I've been hooked ever since.

i pokemon fan from 1995 year. first time i watch pokemon anime at 1995 y, after forget about it for 18 years and now remember again

I start with yellow, then crystal, then Leafgreen and Emerald, then SoulSilver and Platinum, then White, then X, then ORAS, mainly play with OR.

I only play the game, not TGC, not collector *I hardly even afford the games.*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom