• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Obsolete: How old are you, Pokémon Fans? (Once more from the top)

How old are you? In which year were you born?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Born December 1991 which while writing this makes me 23

I got into Pokemon when it first debuted here in America. So that's since 1998? right? lol

I grew up with it and I can picture myself still engulfed by it when I'm 80+ lol

Last edited:
As of this writing I am 23 years of age. I was born in 1991. (My birthday is in December)
I started playing Pokemon sometime in 2007? maybe 2008.
Either way My GF Dani was the one who made me want to try out the series.

I'm 22, turning 23 in April and it's quite an interesting story about how I got interested in Pokemon.

Back when I was in school, pretty much everyone that I was friends with was into Pokemon. I had just finished sixth grade and on the first day of summer vacation, I fell off my bike and I ended up breaking my collarbone ouch =/ and I was stuck in my house for a couple months while my collarbone healed. My mom got me a gameboy and my very first Pokemon game, which I believe was Red, I honestly can't remember.

But yeah, that's how I become a fan on the series. So overall, I've been fan of Pokemon for 11 years, that's a long time, right?

If your first game was red you've probably been playing longer than that. o_O My first game was yellow so I've been playing for like 16 years, but I'm 26.

As of this post, I'm 15. I was born November 14th, 1999. I've been a fan of Pokémon for more than 10 years now. Ever since Ruby came out, I've been in love.

I am currently 17, and was born on March 2nd, 1998. My first Pokemon game was Crystal, which I got in 2002 for my fourth birthday (I had been watching the anime for a while before that).

I am 26 now and I still feel and act the same as I did when I was 18

I'm 18, first game I played was Red when I was 6. So you could say that I've been a fan for 12 years (with a few breaks).

Wow cool! Most of people (maybe everyone) in BMGf was born before 2000, that make me become the most youngest boy who join the BMGF in the years :D. I am 13 (was born in 2001). Who in or below my age please step on :)

I'm 14 as of this post (born in 2001). First game was Diamond, in 2008.

Last edited:
You know you're old when pokemon Red and Blue came out when you were in High School. I started playing Red my sophomore or junior year. Im 32.

I'm 25, been playing since my older brother got blue when I was in 3rd grade. My own first game and first file was yellow. I took a little break around gen IV, but the gen V hype brought me back in. I got and played platinum to prepare for B/W. I've owned and played (and loved!) at least one game every gen.

As of this post I am 23 and was born in 1991. I am always reminded I am an adult but I will never give Pokémon up simply because.

17, turning 18 this november haha! i've played pokémon since the age of 8, when my parents got pokémon emerald for me!

Born in 1988
Never stopped playing since the day it came out
Started with blue and my very first pokemon was squirtle
The very first caught one was pidgey

hehe, of course you are not, this is just a very long existing fanforum swirling around and Pokèmon is a very long screening show, so of course there would be old geezer like myself browsing around, mixing our stone age thoughts with the young folks like you ;D but that's a major part of the franchise, to appeal to many age groups (even though the Anime stuff, can't exactly comprehend that also older people watch the show). You'll just see, in 10, 15 years you will still follow the series like me and others, that are even older.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom