• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Obsolete: How old are you, Pokémon Fans? (Once more from the top)

How old are you? In which year were you born?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Then it's time to catch up. If you ask me, every fan should know of the past main games. Even though they are technically older (doesn't mean it makes them bad but I know some people can't work with such old graphics).

I'm probably going to get Red/Blue and Yellow when they're released for the E-shop. I've seen lot of the older games already.

I am 21 as of September and most of my experience with pokemon is with the anime. My earliest experience was watching the first movie on tv with my mom. After that I watched the series faithfully from a little before AG to a few episodes into DP. I later caught up and I keep up with XY now. My brother started to collect the cards around '03 and we used to play every now and then (he was a sore loser :LOL:).

I've never played the games but I plan to eventually. :D

I first got into the Pokémon franchise when I was 11 (which is, coincidentally, the same age as the player character at the start of the Kanto games). I've been a Pokémaniac for nearly 17 years, which just boggles my mind to no end! :confused:

Oh...uh...I'm 28, by the way. :)

24, 25 soon. I saw Red and Blue in a magazine and got them for Christmas along with my Gameboy. I fell out of Pokemon near the end of Gen II, but got back into it near the end of Gen III.

20, going on 21. Replying to this topic with a fresh start, but apparently I've already spoken my thoughts in the past back when I was more active in 2012 - my vote's still been registered on the poll!

I only started seriously playing with HGSS, though I got a bunch of experience playing my friend's copy of Blue. Since then, I've gotten at least one game in each pair moving forward, currently owning SoulSilver, Black, Black 2 and the entirety of Generation VI (though I only got Alpha Sapphire and Y recently; my Generation VI games of choice at release were X and Omega Ruby). I grew up with one of my best friends and rivals who often discusses with me at length on new versions and the new mascots, and determining which one we'll end up getting during its release. The only disappointing thing about how I went about getting my games is that I've gotten Latios as a default catch THREE times over 3 Generations!

18 at the moment. Pokemon came into my life in the form of Pokemon Red, and then there came the anime which took everything by storm. I grew up with it, yeah. I've played all Generations.

25 years old right here! :) Been a Pokemon fan since Blue version, hyped as heck for Moon!

I still sleep with my Charmander pillow buddy, who now has a shiny Charizard plush friend. As does the old Eevee plush I have: Got a chibi flareon plush last Christmas! :p Along with a bunch of other Pokemon things I have... never gonna stop loving Pokemon anytime soon.

18, 19 this summer. I've technically been around for all of it, but I didn't start playing until Gen III. Wish I had started earlier.

This thread was originally posted in 2008. All the people who voted in this thread back in 2008 are now almost 8 years older then when they originally voted. My god, sometime tells me half the poll votes are now wrong because people aged by 8 years.

27, been at it for about 16yrs (pokémon came out in 1999 in Europe)... Back then I played to not do homework, now I'm doing a Phd.. and I play to not write my thesis or grade exams... same old, same old...

Twenty-three going on twenty-four. I knew of the series through my mother who bought me a Pikachu plush as a gift for either my fifth birthday or as a Christmas present when I was under ten years old. I got the red version and a matching GameBoy at approximately that time. I still remember ragequitting a lot when battling Lieutenant Surge.

I'm 17. I know the games from my brother, he used to play them a lot and eventually so did I. Although I couldn't play every game when it got released, I still managed to play at least 1 game from every generation

19, turning 20 in two weeks. Started with Fire Red when I was 8, but I'd been into the anime and TCG long before that. Kind of lost interest in the franchise shortly after B/W released, but I'm glad X/Y pulled me back in, haha.

21 years old, start liking it around 11 years when I got my first Pokemon game and enjoyed it since.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom