• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Obsolete: How old are you, Pokémon Fans? (Once more from the top)

How old are you? In which year were you born?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am 28 turning 29 in a few months and got into Pokemon from the anime, which led me to get my first Pokemon card which was a Ponyta, and that led me and my brother getting the original Gold and Silver games one Christmas along with our Gameboy color's (mine was Purple :) ). I am still a huge Pokemon fan till this day and I'll pretty much continue to be for the rest of my life. :D

Turnin' 25 next month, I remember getting Blue and Red for Christmas with my brother, starting the life long addiction! :3 I was pissed because he got Red and it had Scyther :mad:

On the contrary, Lizard, '2002' is a palindrome, the coolest kind of numbers.

I was born in 1981, so I'm 34. My brothers started playing Pokemon when it first came out, when we were kids, but I was not allowed.

So I started playing last year and love it.

I am turning 19 later this year, but of course I am currently 18 years, got into Pokemon after seeing the Pokémon Master Quest opening when I was 6, on the WB Block.

20 turning 21 next month. I started liking pokemon since I could remember. My older sister owned both blue and red but I was too young and dropped red outside of the window. Now I own X , white, and AS.

1992 for me. I remember when Gen 1 first started becoming a thing. It was the coolest thing kids my age had ever seen. I remember them publishing lists of all the original 151 in kids' magazines, and I remember seeing VHS tapes of some of the episodes. Not long after it came out, my parents got my siblings and myself Pokémon Stadium and a Transfer Pak and an N64 for Christmas. We each got one of the first three Gameboy games too. I got Pokémon Yellow. It was amazing. I wasn't able to get a Gen 3 game at any point, and the only Gen 4 game I got was Soulsilver, but I do have at least one game from every other generation. I love Gen 6, but I'll always be a Johto/Kanto guy at heart. That was my childhood.

21, turning 22 in July.
I got Blue when I was young, never made it far because I sucked so hard, stopped playing, missed Gen II and most of Gen III, got back into the series with Blue Rescue Team, the rest is history.

I'm 25 years old (born late 199o). I started pokemon on 2000 when my parents bought me the Blue version of the game. Then, I bought Yellow and in 2001 Gold and Silver. I kept playing pokemon until 2005 (the Crystal version all this time) and then I stopped I didn't have free time anymore (basketball and school together)! After this 7-year gap, I started again 4 years ago (2012), when I bought Black (the improvements of the gameplay was a shock for me and I stuck again with the game :) and I keep buying and playing all the main pokemon games since then (B2W2, XY and ORAS). I can say that the last 4 years I'm way more into pokemon than the first years I was playing!!!

My old sister introduced me to pokemon and since I watched seasons 1-3 and half of xy

I thought I had responded to this thread forever ago, but apparently not. :/ I voted in the poll already though.

I was born in 1994 though. Currently 21 years old, but I'll be turning 22 at the end of this month.

I'm now 28 (1988) and been into Pokemon since it first launched. Where I live we actually got the Anime before the games so I had always thought that was the original media, not the games. I have quite a few friends my age who are still into Pokemon, but not as obsessed as me :p
It was like that too in the US by a couple of months.

I'm 26 this year I remember watching it around the time it first started airing in the uk it was one of my favourite shows I use to Imagine it was real and I could start my own journey with my very own Pikachu but when I got a bit older I started going of it worried I would be mocked for watching a little kids show but then I got back into it around dp I was really starting to struggle mentally and I found watching old shows like Pokémon helped in some ways and I been watching it on and of with some of my other childhood classics ever since

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom