• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Obsolete: How old are you, Pokémon Fans? (Once more from the top)

How old are you? In which year were you born?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm 20 and I've been into Pokémon for as far as I can remember. Red and Blue were my first games as a kid, but, naturally, I had no idea what was going on so I never finished them.
Basically me, yeah. I started with Red and Blue but never did get into Pokémon's main series for real until Diamond and Pearl, hence why I don't adamantly worship Gen I games despite being 24. Gen IV is my true home. Remake them already, I've waited long enough for my nostalgia trip.

I'm 22 and shocked to see that most people on here are my age or older! I think it's great to see. I was afraid I was going to be the oldest one here!

I'm 36 this May. Been in love with Pokémon since Red and Blue and in love with the Dark type since the first time I saw Umbreon in the Ecruteak Dance Theatre. I've trained and enjoyed a few other mono-type teams, but I always come back to Dark. I don't really have a favorite or least favorite Generation as I think they all add something to the game world overall. I can't wait to see what this year will bring us.

I'm 16 and grew up with Pokemon. My mother (she's 35) is also a huge fan, though not on the forums. The first Pokemon game I had ever played was Pokemon Diamond, and I've been obsessed with it ever since. I was about 7 when I was allowed to actually play the Pokemon game (as I grew up with my Grandma until I was 7, I didn't have a DS until then).

As of this writing I'm 18. Diamond and Pearl came out when I was 6, and soon afterward I started collecting the cards. Diamond was my first game, soon followed by Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Darkness. The rest, they say, is history.

28 Still makes me happy to see so many people around my age group enjoy this series. To think it's been 20 years when Pokemon first reached its peak and everyone was hysterical about it all. So many memories.

Aww I found baby me in here.

I'm 22, going on 23 in the summer. It's absolutely amazing to see the widespread of ages when it comes to Pokemon fans, and what games people started with and when they started.

I was introduced to Pokemon at 3 by my older brother when the series was around its height. Everyone was Pokemon crazy then. All the toys and games, and the massive amounts of cards just, everywhere. I used to be able to go to an IHOP (a popular breakfast restaurant here in the states), and my mom could buy small packs of Pokemon cards there for my brother and I. I was learning my matching skills with a Pikachu matching game. What a time to be a fan. I only wish I was a bit older so that I could remember more of it.

Still going on strong as a Pokemon fan now. When I'm not at college I work at a popular bookstore in the children's department, and it's always so great to see young Pokemon fans looking at the Pokemon-related books. 23 years and this series is still going strong.

Edit: 23 going on 24 in July. Basically just fixed my grammar in the edit because apparently I wasn't paying attention to it when I posted this.

Last edited:
I'm 21 now. It's funny, I was made fun of a lot when I was a kid for liking Pokemon. I guess it just wan't the hip thing at my particular school out of every other in the world... :/
They'd often say, 'You won't care about Pokemon when you're a grown up!!' (As if that's a justifiable reason to make fun of a kid for something. But I digress...)
Anyway. Here I am, still a Pokemon fan all these years later!

OK.....I feel super old around here. I'm 51 (just discovered Pokemon 2 years ago......always thought it was a silly little kids game until I played a copy of Platinum 2 years ago and got totally hooked!) There is a lot of strategy that goes into this series. I've been burned out on JRPG's and I find Pokemon has a fresh take on building a team from a vast library of characters, exploring worlds etc.

It's been fun working through the different generations and finding my favorite games.

27 years old, and not at all surprised by the results. The Pokemon audience has aged with the series.

I pretty much live and breathe Pokemon, and that will probably never change as the series continues to make more of them. It is a huge inspiration and foundation of my existence. It's been so long that I can't even remember when I first got into it; it just seems like it's always been there.

I'm 16, born in 2002. My first game was White in 2011, and although I left the Pokemon fandom around 2013, I'm clearly back now! I don't think I'll ever stop liking Pokemon as long as I have the gen 4 and 5 games to play - part of the reason I fell out was because I lost my Pokemon game collection and didn't find it again till recently.

Also, I find it hard to believe that someone born in 1995 was only 13 in 2008... Those two years just seem so different to me. For some reason I've always felt like 90s kids were just born as 20 year olds, probably because that's how I've always known them (my friends who were born in the 90s are all in college, or older.)

1991. Born into the golden age. I got my first Gameboy with Pokemon Red in Japanese (my dad was in the U.S. Coast Guard and my first language was Japanese).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom