• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Obsolete: How old are you, Pokémon Fans? (Once more from the top)

How old are you? In which year were you born?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
The old thread was getting a bit out of date, so here we go again.

Last time, I separated this by year ranges. That worked well...until we realised just how many more people were in 1986-1990 than any other bracket. So this time...individual years!

Feel free to talk about your first experience(s) with Pokémon in this thread as well, if you like, not just your age.

As for myself, I turned 24 about a month and a half ago, born in 1984.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow how long has the forum been able to do polls with more than ten choices?

I was born in 1989 and I've a huge Pokemon fan since it first came out. I was worried I might be too old now, but then I realized the games are just too much fun. Also, it seems that most people on this forum are as old or older than me, so I believe that I'll be a fan of Pokemon for years to come.

I just turned 20 in September. I've been a fan of pokemon nonstop since it came out, first openly when it was so popular (I remember the teachers would take away pokemon cards on sight because they were such a distraction in class...everyone had them), then secretly in middle/high school when everyone started to grow out of it and I was afraid of being made fun of, and now openly again. Surprisingly, a lot of college students have gotten back into and really enjoy pokemon. xD I think it's the online battling that's made it so popular again.

Whoops, I accidentally pressed after 2003. :p I was really born in 1993. I got into Pokemon when I was about five or six. My first game was Yellow, and my first anime episode was Battle Aboard the St. Anne.

I was born October 16, 1993. So I'm 15. I've been a fan since the 1st movie came out and loved it ever since. First game was Blue and I got the GameBoy that same day. I think my first Pokemon episode was the first one.

1995. I'm 13 years old.
Also, I've been into Pokémon since 1999 or something, My cousin introduced me to it.

Born 1992, and I picked it up from my best friend from preschool who came over to my house when I was in second grade, playing Blue version. I previously thought Pokemon was completely stupid, but I only knew the basic ones. Jigglypuff, Caterpie, the starters, Pikachu... And then he let me play his game, he was in Viridian Forest, and he told me that Pikachu could be found there.

I was like, "omg omg omg" and ended up buying Blue version next week.
...Should've bought Red. But I was silly.

1992, i'm glad to see how mature the forum is. I wonder how younger the group at SPPF are >.>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom