• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

How old were you 20 years ago?

I was 11. I remember hearing about it on the playground at school and not really understanding what was going on. I didn't see the video of the planes hitting the towers until I got home.

I remember not fully understanding the situation, but I do remember everything that happened.

What was really creepy was that the skies were silent for several days afterward. I live close to a large airport, so no planes in the sky was just weird.
Then, when the first plane returned to the skies, it was deafening.

I was in Year 10 at high school here in Australia on September 11 (I was 16 years old in case you are wondering). I was in bed when it happened (it occurred late night here so I only found out on the morning of September 12).

I was 7. I don't remember the exact moment it happened or if I was told about it, but I was probably in school. I do have vague recollections of my class gathering and talking about what happened the next day. Or maybe it was the day itself, I'm not sure. I'm not even American (I'm from Europe) but it was just one of those things that sent a shockwave across the world and had an impact on everyone in one way or another.

Eight. I vaguely remember seeing the images on the news, and remember discussion in the secondary school playground about whose parents might have been in London on the day of the 7/7 bombings.

I remember the Westminster Bridge van attack because I was there for it lol

Last edited:
I was 5 years old, I'm not American, I was also a preschool child who didn't pay much attention to the news, so I didn't really knew about the tragedy until a couple of years later or so. But my older relatives do remember the shock it caused worldwide, local news reported about the tragedy for days. It's an event that reminded the whole world how evil humanity can be, countless lives were lost and sadly there's no turning back. We can only hope that something similar never happens again.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom