• All content from the former Roleplaying Games forum has been merged into the Writers' Workshop forum. You can find more information in this thread.

We hope to see you roleplaying away soon!
  • Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters!

How popular is Pokemon in your area?

ᴅʀɪꜰᴛɪɴɢ ᴛʜʀᴏᴜɢʜ ᴀ ᴍᴇᴍᴏʀʏ
Reaction score
  • Staff
For me personally, I'd say it's quite popular still! I mean, not overly so, but I think most people who are into nerd-ish culture are into Pokemon here, I feel.

What about you guys?

Reaction score
I know a few people that love the series and I've seen some people playing Pokémon Go occasionally on my lunch break in my area. Otherwise I think some are just indifferent towards it.

formerly techitisJ
Reaction score
I see a good variety of fans in the younger generations (due to working in the kids department of a bookstore, lots of kids wanting Pokemon related books), and I know about 5-7 or so people my age, who like to play Pokemon.

Praise Euterpe
Reaction score
There was a revival of interest a couple of years ago with Pokemon GO, but after that the popularity has really faded again. I never see anyone playing Pokemon GO anymore or anything.

Fluffy with 80% more spots!
Reaction score
My area has a nice chunk of Pokemon fans. Lots of fans of the core games, lots of fans of GO. I've seen people taking over gyms at 2 AM (when my Pokemon get beat and get sent back to me), so it's still quite popular where I am at.

"What do you mean, my Gengarite is contraband?!"
Reaction score
It's fairly popular here. In fact, I have some reason to believe I'm the best Pokémon battler in my area as nobody has beaten me in a local battle since Gen VI came out.

Dancing With Myself
Reaction score
My area, huh...? A few, I'd say. Probably mostly among the children, but I've never been of the impression that I was in the midst of fanatics. Not that I've been in their midst's...
You caught me. I don't know anyone.

But I think there's mostly indifference. My household probably houses the largest buff (not me, I'm a Star Wars zealot though I still seriously like Pokemon) 'round here. This is Doing-Actual-Life-Stuff territory. Their loss.

But in my country? Lots.