• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

How popular is Pokemon in your area?

I know a few people that love the series and I've seen some people playing Pokémon Go occasionally on my lunch break in my area. Otherwise I think some are just indifferent towards it.

There was a revival of interest a couple of years ago with Pokemon GO, but after that the popularity has really faded again. I never see anyone playing Pokemon GO anymore or anything.

My area has a nice chunk of Pokemon fans. Lots of fans of the core games, lots of fans of GO. I've seen people taking over gyms at 2 AM (when my Pokemon get beat and get sent back to me), so it's still quite popular where I am at.

It's fairly popular here. In fact, I have some reason to believe I'm the best Pokémon battler in my area as nobody has beaten me in a local battle since Gen VI came out.

My area, huh...? A few, I'd say. Probably mostly among the children, but I've never been of the impression that I was in the midst of fanatics. Not that I've been in their midst's...
You caught me. I don't know anyone.

But I think there's mostly indifference. My household probably houses the largest buff (not me, I'm a Star Wars zealot though I still seriously like Pokemon) 'round here. This is Doing-Actual-Life-Stuff territory. Their loss.

But in my country? Lots.

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom