• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

COMPLETE: How Silver Learned How to Stop Being A Meanie and Feel the Love

SuperTrainStationH

East Unova Resident
Reaction score
“Oh my god. What’s happening to me?”

Silver didn’t know what to make of this feeling. He couldn’t trust it. It was so alien and threatening, taking root in him and spreading rapidly through every corner of his being.

Why did it feel so good? Why did it feel so warm in his chest? Was this the feeling of weakness destroying everything he worked so hard to repress.

Typhlosion snuggled closer to Silver.

“Typhlosion, stop. What are you doing?” Silver said, but without the anger he normally acted on when his Pokemon were acting in a weak and childish way.

He lifted his hand to smack Typhlosion, but his palm instead came to rest gently upon the Pokémon’s head. Silver never realized how soft Typhlosion’s fur was. An overwhelming desire took hold of him to feel that soft coat brushing against his cheek. Silver held Typhlosion with both hands and rubbed his face against him.

“Oh god.” Silver groaned as this incredible gravity seemed to draw every fiber of his being nearer to Typhlosion, who was nuzzling his chest with his snout and growling affectionately in a way Silver had never before heard.

This couldn’t happen. Not to him, not to his Pokémon. This was weak. This was pathetic.

But Silver couldn’t resist caressing Typhlosion and holding his Pokemon close to him like he never had before. And Typhlosion was smiling.

“Oh my god, he’s smiling. He likes this? He likes me?”

But Silver was strong. He didn’t care of his Pokémon liked him or not. Or did he?

There was warmth and joy, but also tremendous pain coursing through Silver. He was changing, transforming, growing, and it hurt so much even though it was so wonderful. Silver felt so vulnerable, allowing the love of a Pokémon into his heart, allowing himself to know that feeling for the first time. He wasn’t alone. Silver was sharing life with another being who loved him, not caring at all about the way in which he was treated in return.

Love.

“Oh my God, I love you.”

Silver couldn’t take it. He couldn’t let himself think the words he just spoke. It was too much for him still. All he could do is hold Typhlosion in his arms and cry, confused over what he was feeling. Typhlosion hugged him back and licked his trainer’s tears away.

“All you guys, you all love me don’t you?”

Silver couldn’t believe it. The affection and devotion and warmth he was feeling from this one Pokémon was his so many times over.

And somehow, Silver felt stronger than ever.

He fell to his knees and bawled into Typhlosion’s coat until he fell asleep, his Pokémon alert and awake, watching over him.

Amazing as your other work! Your writing is fantastic and you know the right stories to tell. I cannot wait until you start writing a long fic, because of it's anything like the past two works I've read of yours, it would be pheonominal.

Oh, and here I thought Silver was in love with another human...

This is (almost) right up there with Cynthia x Garchomp and Cyrus x Giratina. Except a lot less sexual than the first one, and a lot less... wait a minute. Silver's also the "emotionless" type.

I know the right stories to tell? Never got a remark like that before, very interesting. Thank you all for reading and for the feedback.

Also, I didn't mean for this to be taken sexually at all, but of course I'm not the boss of my readers.

Also, I didn't mean for this to be taken sexually at all, but of course I'm not the boss of my readers.

Oh, no, it's not sexual at all. I wasn't saying that >_>

I was saying that it was kind of like the human/Pokémon-associated-with-it shippings that were made as kind of a meme here.

I love it. I thought it would be a Silver/Lyra story, but this is just as good. Yay for Typhlosion. :)

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom