• The Anime and Manga staff has posted a PSA regarding Go and how we'll handle future cases involving him from now onwards.

We strongly recommend checking out this thread.

Thank you in advance.

Music How technologically dated is early anime vocal music?

Statistical Anomaly
Reaction score
This, to me, is an interesting comparison point between the original and the dub. While the initial dub songs do stand up fairly well fidelity-wise to modern recordings, but the Japanese tracks seem like they used more analog equipment and have a bit more of an early-to-mid 90's quality to them, up until about Ready Go!. Maybe it was a conscious design choice. Any thoughts?

Animal Carer
Reaction score
I dunno really i think the dub songs now sound a lot more modern IMo than the old ones but i still prefer the Japanese music generally over the dub regardless of what generation its from

ロケット団よ永遠
Reaction score
Yoshi1001 said:
but the Japanese tracks seem like they used more analog equipment
That's probably exactly what ended up happening. The show's animation has always been behind the curve - they didn't switch to digital coloring and, later, HD until well after most of its contemporaries had already converted over - so it's not hard to imagine that the audio would be just as slow at adapting to the times.