• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Music How technologically dated is early anime vocal music?

Yoshi1001

Statistical Anomaly
Reaction score
This, to me, is an interesting comparison point between the original and the dub. While the initial dub songs do stand up fairly well fidelity-wise to modern recordings, but the Japanese tracks seem like they used more analog equipment and have a bit more of an early-to-mid 90's quality to them, up until about Ready Go!. Maybe it was a conscious design choice. Any thoughts?

I dunno really i think the dub songs now sound a lot more modern IMo than the old ones but i still prefer the Japanese music generally over the dub regardless of what generation its from

Yoshi1001 said:
but the Japanese tracks seem like they used more analog equipment

That's probably exactly what ended up happening. The show's animation has always been behind the curve - they didn't switch to digital coloring and, later, HD until well after most of its contemporaries had already converted over - so it's not hard to imagine that the audio would be just as slow at adapting to the times.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom