• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

How to check EVs and IVs under this absurdly specific set of conditions?

Cartaphilus

Reaction score
Hello. I want to check the EVs and IVs of some of my pokemons:

1) I've lost my Pokemon Pearl cartridge, but a lot of years ago I copied the pokemons that were there into Pokemon Battle Revolution (Wii). There's no way to trade in that game, you can only copy your pokemons coming from 4th gen games to play in PBR and that's it. I've access to this game both in my Wii and in Dolphin. Is there a way, maybe with a 3rd party program, to check the EVs and IVs of those pokemons?

2) This one's probably easier. I'd like to check the EVs and IVs of some lvl 100 Pokemons that I've in Pokemon Colosseum. I've access to a GBA, a GBA link cable, and a copy of Pokemon Emerald. Theoretically, I should transfer them to Emerald, use the EV-reducing berries until they get 0 EVs in every stat, and then use an internet IV calculator to know what their IVs are? (I didn't EV train those pokemons knowing what I was doing, so the fact that their EVs will go to 0 doesn't really matter to me). Is this possible, or is the fact that they're already lvl 100 going to block me from successfully reducing their EVs to 0 with berries? (I may recall that something like this happened back in gen 3).

Thanks in advance!

It'll be near impossible to identify the ivs/evs without having a known number to work upon. Especially if the stats aren't maxed. If you can find the ivs or evs of the stats then it would be possible. Without knowledge of either the evs or ivs the paper work would be very difficult to solve unless the stats are at their minimum or maximum value.

That would be the easiest method but iirc back then level 100 Pokémon couldn't get above 100 evs per stats since the evs were given upon level up. The best way to check would be to save before hand then reset the Evs to 0 then check the ivs if you cared about the evs lol. You can then check the evs they originally had if you know the ivs. Though there may be some minor differences that you'll need to figure out.. The numbers that changes a stat can be added to others as well..

Thank you for your answer, Fluttershy of Light! You're right about the second situation.

I've been thinking a possible workaround for the PBR situation. Using action replay, I'd be able to modify the IVs of one specific stat. For example, I've this lvl 86 Blaziken and I could make his Attack IV become 20/31. If he gets a stat boost in Attack, then I'll know that his original IV was below 20. I can repeat this process until I'm sure of which was his original Attack IV. And then repeat it to know the rest of the IVs. Finally, knowing all the IVs, I could calculate all the EVs. I'm not sure if my logic's flawed here, tbh, but it sounds like it's the only way to do it.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom