• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

MATURE: How to Conquer Kanto in Eight Easy Steps - Chapter 100

Re: How to Conquer Kanto in Eight Easy Steps - Chapter Eight

Whoa! Plot rush! Interesting chapter, definitely. I love Alaska's use of strategy, she's an excellent character. It's also interesting how she uses strategy to win with far more common Pokémon. Definitely an engaging chapter, and the end leaves me wondering what's happening next!

Glad you enjoyed it :D Alaska does have more strategies up her sleeve as the series progresses, so I hope you enjoy them as well :)

Chapter Nine: That Buzzing Feeling

Hey, I hope you all enjoy this latest part :D They are still in Viridian Forest, but don't worry, this arc will be over at the end of the next chapter.

Chapter Nine: That Buzzing Feeling

A feeling of cold emptiness began to spread through Alaska as she examined the white shoe in her hands. Mitchell was down the hole, Mitchell was possibly injured, or kidnapped, or dead. Yes, Alaska hadn’t liked him very much, and quite a few times when he had been ruining her nights she had considered stringing up to the roof and beating him like a piñata, but she couldn’t do that to him if he was dead… it would be less fun without him squealing in pain.

“I have a frien – acquaint – I know this nice little – oh, I just know this guy!” Alaska said, holding up the shoe as she failed to find words to describe her relationship with Mitchell. “It seems that both he and Damian have gone down this hole, possibly together, and we need to get them out of there, now!” As she spoke, Alaska glanced into the hole: it seemed to stretch on for about a kilometre or two, with no sign of where the bottom lay. “What have you got me into this time Mitchell…”

“I don’t give a Rattata’s ass about getting your friend out!” Chloe squawked hysterically, and snatched the shoe from her hand. “Mitchell Melton? MITCHELL BLOODY MELTON! He’s a little prick, why the hell do you want to save him!” She shrieked and threw the shoe away. Paige soared over and grabbed it, glared angrily at Chloe and then spun, sending it flying back towards her. She screeched and leapt backwards, whacking Lachlan in the nose as she did so.

“Mitchell may be annoying, but I’ve known him a hell of a lot longer that Damian, alright?” Alaska snapped. “If we’re going to save a friend of yours, I don’t see any issue with saving a … person of mine as well!” The two teenagers glared angrily at each other, and Alaska was trying hard not to slap her across the face. She had been pissed off, angry, annoyed, sometimes even furiously envious of Chloe before, but Alaska had never been this mad at how selfish and arrogant she was until now. As they stood there with sliceable tension between them, a timid cough sounded to the side.

“It’s all very nice and well that you want to save these two boys,” Sandy said quietly, twirling her hair through her fingers, “but how do you plan to save them?” Alaska’s wanted to keep glaring at Chloe, imagining her falling down the hole and getting trapped, but she knew that Sandy had a fair point: there was no point arguing when they had no idea what they were going to do.

“I’ll try calling out to them and see if we get any response!” Lachlan suggested, and stood over the hole. “OI, DAMIAN! YOU DOWN THERE?” He shouted. Everyone bent over the hole to listen, but the strange clicking and buzzing only seemed to get louder. “They could be unconscious,” Lachlan said miserably.

“Or dead!” Chloe squealed, and Alaska couldn’t help but roll her eyes.

“Don’t be so melodramatic and jump to the worst conclusion!” She snapped. “What we need to do is to go down into the hole and see if we can find the two of them and work out how to get them back up.”

“Wonderful plan Alaska, but as your friend pointed out,” Chloe hissed, glaring over at Sandy who looked rather affronted, “how the hell are we going to get down there?” Again, Alaska was left without an answer, but Sandy suddenly stepped forwards. She was given Chloe the same nasty look she had given her earlier, and Lachlan stifled a smirk at Chloe’s stunned look. The blonde haired girl walked up to the edge of the hole, Butterfree flying softly behind her, and grabbed something: a think green vine, one of many that was dangling down.

“If madam doesn’t mind getting her hands a bit dirty,” Sandy said in such an acidic tone that Alaska and Paige couldn’t help but exchange smirks, “we could quite easily climb down these vines.” Alaska and Lachlan examined several others, and saw that there were indeed very thick and seemed to be coming out of the earth, so they should support their weights.

“Alright then team,” Alaska boomed, and Chloe shot her an unnecessarily angry look, “we’ll each take one vine and begin to descend. If something bad happens, just cross your fingers and hope you land on the last person whose vine snapped.” Chloe’s eyes bulged, and Alaska winked at Paige in pleasure before dropping her legs into the hole. It definitely was very dark down there, and Alaska hoped that they would be able to come to a safe landing in the unknown bottom they couldn’t see.

“Race you to the bottom!” Lachlan called, and Alaska was surprised to see he already had both arms and legs wrapped around a vine and was shimmying his way down the natural rope. Sandy let out a hysterical giggle and began to descend her vine as well, Butterfree following above her.

“Come on Paige, we’d better get a move on!” Alaska called, and her Pidgey twittered excitedly, swooping down and nearly whacking Chloe on the head. Alaska smirked as she swung around, quickly wrapping her arms and legs around her vine. It felt both tough and flexible at the same time, and Alaska was temporarily put off the idea of climbing down a piece of nature into a large black hole. Sandy and Lachlan were already moving rather rapidly down, and clearly their vines were able to support them up.

“You’d better catch me,” Alaska warned Paige, and began to move down.

“Pidgey Pidge,” Paige said with an eyeroll, and Alaska gave her a joking glare. The vine felt weird to touch, but Alaska was able to grip onto it firmly, and was beginning to slowly descend down into the hole. The only main issue was that she kept whacking into the wall, tearing a hole in her jean legs.

“What is wrong with this thing?” Alaska grumbled as she was continuously whacked into the earthy wall. She looked up and felt her blood boil once more, the answer right above her head: Chloe was on her vine, descending down like a rock climber pushing off from the wall. “WHAT ARE YOU DOING!” Alaska shouted up, and Chloe glared down at her, though her features were undistinguishable due to the dimming light.

“I don’t want to climb down vines, these things are unstable and I don’t have a harness!” Chloe shouted back. “If it breaks and snaps, I will feel comfortable enough knowing I’m landing on you!”

“Go on your own vine you stupid bitch!” Alaska hissed, and Paige twittered angrily. Chloe simply ignored her and continued to descend, and Alaska wanted to climb back up and throw her off. Instead, she did the only thing that came into her mind: she grabbed the vine and began to swing it. Chloe screamed as she swung violently through the air.

“STOP IT!” She wailed, still trying to descend as she swung.

“Than get off my vine then!” Alaska shouted back. Chloe just continued to scream, and Alaska swung it again. The whole vine was shaking now, and dirt was beginning to sprinkle down onto Alaska’s face. She brushed it off, but felt a slight rumbling in the earth as she swung the vine again.

“Uh oh…” Alaska mumbled. There was a loud snap that echoed inside the hole, and Alaska’s body lurched as she suddenly tipped backwards into the darkness. Chloe screamed, Paige cried out, and Alaska couldn’t help but yell as she fell rapidly down the hole. She was moving around instead of going in a straight line, and a fourth screaming voice was getting closer. Alaska simply shut her eyes and braced for impact as she smashed into Sandy, and heard another yell signalling that Lachlan had joined the falling bodies. All four of them were falling and screaming, and Alaska felt for Sandy’s hand: if she was going to die, she wanted to die besides the only friendly person in this hole.

CRUNCH

With a body shuddering thud, the four of them all landed onto something that was reasonably soft, but the long fall and impact made it feel a lot harder. Alaska groaned, and for the second time that day she felt someone on top of her. There were other grunts and moans from around her, and Alaska opened her eyes to find she wasn’t in complete darkness, but it was indeed very dim.

“Is everyone alright?” Sandy asked from nearby, and Alaska could feel their hands were still interlocked and she smiled, reassured by some companionship. Everyone mumbled they were fine, though Chloe and Lachlan sounded very sour.

“So, climbing down vines… not the best plan,” Alaska said jokingly, and Sandy sighed.

“It seemed like a good idea at the time,” she replied, and Chloe scoffed a few feet away.

“Well next time, don’t suggest anything until it is a great plan, alright?” The blonde hissed. “But I think Alaska has some of the blame here, as she caused us all to fall down here, didn’t she?!”

“You shouldn’t have gotten on my vine then!” Alaska shouted back, getting to her feet. It seemed they had landed on more vines, judging by what she was standing on, and could see an outline of Chloe’s features in the little light they had. “Don’t start anything Chloe, we’re down here for a reason.”

“Oh, walking away from a disagreement, real brave!” Chloe hissed. Alaska turned angrily towards her, a fast raised in her fury and was ready to strike, willing to fight Chloe like she had been dying too for so long. But just as Alaska began to swing, Lachlan suddenly cried out, and all heads turned. Alaska wanted to know why she was being interrupted, but her anger was suddenly replaced with fear that crawled through her entire body in a second. The strange buzzing sound they heard from above was now obvious, and their fate, as well as Damian and Mitchell’s, was uncertain.

A group of Beedrill were right there.

‘Group’ seemed like an understatement. There was about one hundred Beedrill standing before them, their white stingers raised like swords. Chloe and Sandy both let out frightened whimpers, and Alaska couldn’t help but feel dread and unease creep through her body as the Beedrill began to march forwards. The light in the cave was getting brighter, illuminating not only all hundred of the angry Beedrill, but dozens and dozens of Weedle crawling across the walls, and a large number of Kakuna settled into the wall like very strange ornaments. The light revealed holes like bunkers set into the walls, some leading to a network of tunnels, others simple nesting places that Weedle were gathering in.

“Beedrill Bee! Beedrill Bee!” The Beedrill all buzzed angrily, and began to walk forwards, the front two rows with their stingers raised. Chloe screamed and clung to Lachlan for support, but Lachlan was standing solid and unmoving, his eyes wide with fear and shock. Alaska looked around desperately and saw Paige and Butterfree were still hovering above them all, looking down in fear as well. They caught her eye, and Paige went to move but Alaska shook her head and mouthed ‘Don’t move yet’ up at them. Paige looked surprised, but nodded and stayed airborne around the vines.

“AAAAH!” Alaska whipped her head around in time to see Chloe flying backwards. She was about to ask what had done it when suddenly three of the front Beedrill fired what was unmistakably a String Shot at Lachlan. He was thrown backwards by the force, and Alaska wanted to see where he landed, but instead felt something hard but sticky hit her in the middle. She surprised how forceful it was, and flew backwards and whacked into a wall a few metres away. It was yet another painful blow to her already sore back, and Alaska instantly tried to pull away from the sticky string: it held as if it was made from metal, and Alaska’s arms simply began to hurt as Sandy was thrown to the wall next to her, screaming loudly.

“It’s going to be an even longer day than it already has, won’t it?” Alaska sighed, and was forced to give up trying to fight the String Shot. Someone laughed next to her, and Alaska quickly looked to her left: Damian was stuck to the wall next to her, dirty faced and clothes torn, but was flashing his perfect smile.

“Just be glad the Beedrill haven’t roughed you around, they gave and Mitch here a real warm welcome, didn’t they?” He explained, and Alaska inclined her head more to see her old neighbour. Mitchell was smiling widely and looked rather happy about the whole experience, more so than Chloe who was now crying her eyes out.

“Hey Alaska, we must have missed each other back in Viridian!” Mitchell said quickly. “But it’s good to see you again, do you have any awesome Pokemon yet? I’ve only caught a Rattata and a Weedle so far, but my Weedle is close to evolving, I can’t –”

“Nice to see you too Mitchell,” Alaska sighed and leaned back against the wall. Damian laughed again, and Alaska couldn’t help but smile as well. “He’s my old neighbour –”

“I’m well aware of that,” Damian chuckled quietly. “He was running to try and find you when his shoe came off and he slipped in the grass and fell down here. I heard him scream and climbed down one of the vines like you guys tried, and found him injured and tried to treat him but the Beedrill attacked us. He’s been keeping me entertained for the last hour.”

“You haven’t been down here a hour, you left us at the battle about twenty minutes ago,” Alaska explained, laughing.

“Any time with him seems twice as long,” Damian replied, and Alaska couldn’t help but laugh and nod. She looked towards Sandy, willing to offer her words of support, but the blonde haired girl had her eyes shut and was muttering something quickly under her breathe and Alaska decided not to disturb her. Instead she looked straight towards the large mass of Beedrill before her. They were all standing in perfect rows with their stingers raised, reminding Alaska of soldiers in an army. She was rather scared about what the Beedrill would do to them next: the light they seemed to be creating was lighting up another large circular section of this passage, it’s only main feature being a particularly large hole in the wall.

“I don’t know what their going to do to us, but I really don’t want to stick around any longer to find out,” Damian whispered, all laughter gone from his voice, and Alaska nodded solemnly. “I’ve been pulling my arms free and my right arm is rather loose, I think I could –” but Damian paused there as something changed within the tunnel. A loud rumbling, thudding sound was echoing around them, and Alaska could place it’s occurrence in only one place: the largest hole in the wall. The Beedrill began to buzz excitedly, and many more Weedle crawled out of their holes like spectators to watch what was happening. Something big was coming out for them, and Alaska didn’t want to be around for it. Fear was enclosing her like a disease, but Alaska couldn’t help but let it consume her. She was going to die at the hands of whatever was coming out for them. She would never be able to get any badges, never post any blog entry, never battling with Paige or Darwin again, never see the faces of her mother, her father, Freddie, the twins…

“Freddie…” Alaska whispered, and she felt Sandy and Damian’s eyes turn to her.

“Whose Freddie?” Sandy asked, but Alaska ignored her: the fear was beginning to leave her now, as excitement quickly filled her body up.

“Damian, use your right hand and opened my bag up and feel for a plastic bag,” Alaska said, and Damian nodded and managed to extract his right arm from the String Shot unnoticed due to the Beedrill staring towards the hole instead of them. “When you get the plastic bag, feel around inside for a knife, and then we can cut the String Shot open.”

“Is there a reason you carry a knife with you?” Damian asked, and Alaska simply smiled, remembering as she took a knife usually used to cut ropes from a bug catcher she defeated, and would have used it if she was ever hungry enough to try Fredrick’s brownies. She went to tell the story, but the rumbling was suddenly deafening. All six of their eyes turned towards the hole as a loud screech echoed out of it, and the creature that lived within walked into the open…

Re: How to Conquer Kanto in Eight Easy Steps - Chapter Nine

All right I caught up. First I really liked the first few chapters when Alaska decided to enter her journey, she's a really fun an original character and she pretty much cares mostly for herself aside from her Pokemon. I liked her rivalry with Chloe since it was really funny especially because Chloe's always the one that ends up in the bad end of situations.

You've got a good set of characters so far I really like Sandy and her battle against Alaska was awesome and I think Lachlan's really funny in a way. Other than that I wanna see where this goes, especially with that ex scientist guy that's following the notepad he found and the man that's in charge of the program that Chloe is participating in seems to be really mysterious and...evil well more or less.

Thank you for the feedback :D I want to keep Gideon's stuff and Buzz's stuff a bit on the down-lo so that the mystery isn't really solved in the first few chapters. The mystery will carry on for the rest of the series, and I want there to be many shocks and turns for the chapters to come. So be ready for a really wild ride!

Chapter Ten: If You Can’t Handle the Heat, Get out of the Hole

Dedicated to Instrutilus for his birthday :D Happy Birthday, and thanks for inspiring me to verse this all together

Chapter Ten: If You Can’t Handle the Heat, Get out of the Hole

For a split second, Alaska thought she had entered some sort of horror movie. Her father was a big fan of classic movies, and the horror genre had been one of his favourites. Alaska was old enough now not to be scared of them, but as a child the monstrous and oversized Pokemon and mutated human beings that rampaged through towns her haunted her nightmares for many years. Many movies had involved the horrific creature emerging dramatically out of or from behind something, appearing before a loud crowd of people that would scream and run in terror as it began to obliterate them.

But this was a much different scenario. The army of Beedrill were staring towards the emerging beast silently, but it was clear that they were excited about what would happen next. The only people horrified about what would happen were currently all stuck to a wall, bugs trapped in a web and were about to be eaten. Damian was trying to cut through Alaska’s String Shot, but he was too nervous about the beast that was emerging.

The rumbling was causing the ground-ceiling (Alaska wasn’t quite sure what to call the dirt above her head) to shake, sending dust cascading down upon them. The creature was now walking forwards into the light, letting out a roar that sounded purely monstrous.

Now it seemed like a movie scene: Alaska was staring at a creature that was a purely nightmarish version of the Beedrill in front of them. It wasn’t normal sized at all; about three times her height with pink eyes that began to glow brilliantly and ghostly. The two poisonous points that normal Beedrill had were now the size of trees, shining in a sleek, metallic way that made them look even shaper and deadlier.

“We’re dead…” Alaska said, unable to take her eyes off the creature as it moved forwards. “There is no way out of this… we’re bloody Beedrill food now.” The gigantic Beedrill wasn’t looking properly towards them, simply staring at the following of Beedrill below it. Horrible mental images of the Beedrill all attacking with their sharp points filled Alaska’s head, and she shivered as she tried to shake them off.

“Alaska, we won’t be dead if you pull your head in!” Alaska looked around, snapping out of her horrific day dream to face Damian. He was smiling a reassuring and gentle smile, and Alaska was surprised to find herself calming down as she stared at him. She also realised that the String Shot had disappeared from around her stomach.

“Swift man, I like it,” Alaska said with a beam, and Damian simply smiled as she took the knife off him and quickly slashed at the String Shot. None of the Weedle, Kakuna or Beedrill seemed to notice two of their prisoners were free now, all eyes focused on the giant Beedrill.

“Ready your Pokemon,” Alaska said, and quickly rushed towards Sandy. She was still muttering quickly to herself, eyes jammed shut, and didn’t even notice that she was cut free into Alaska pulled her forwards.

“Oh my god Alaska, thank you so much!” Sandy beamed breathlessly, instantly back to her airy self. She went to give Alaska a hug, but she suddenly realised the giant Beedrill and froze, jaw dropped and eyes bulging.

“Your welcome,” Alaska said, and turned back around, avoiding staring at the monster as she tried to think a plan. But all six of them were starting trainers, and it would be very difficult for them to defeat all of the normal Beedrill let alone a giant one.

“What are you going to do?” Mitchell asked in a shaky voice as Alaska cut him free.

“No clue,” she replied bluntly, and freed Lachlan next to him. He mumbled his thanks, staring in terror towards the giant Beedrill, but Chloe the worst of all of them: she was beginning to cry and was whimpering, curled up in mid air as the string held her up.

“Oh get a grip,” Alaska snapped, and Chloe screamed as she fell to the ground.

“A bit of warning would’ve been appreciated,” she hissed.

“You didn’t warn me you were coming down my vine!” Alaska snapped back.

“You’re the one who shook the vine, it’s your fault we’re going to be mutilated and killed by some giant bug!” Chloe growled. Alaska opened her mouth to retort, and was ready to practically hit Chloe, but Damian appeared between them, looking serious.

“In case you haven’t noticed, we are about to be killed by some giant Pokemon,” he growled, “and if you two draw attention to us, it’ll happen quicker!” Alaska and Chloe remained with their eyes locked in glares for another moment before turning and walking back to the others with Damian. The Beedrill still hadn’t noticed their prisoners were wandering free, listening to the buzzing coming from the giant Beedrill as it seemed to be giving them a speech. Alaska was looking around, trying to form a plan for their escape. One thing kept coming back to her, and it seemed to be the only one possible.

“What are we going to do then?” Damian whispered. Mitchell and Sandy didn’t seem to him, crouching by the wall and staring at the giant Beedrill and fear and uncertainty. Lachlan was looking rather grumpy, and Chloe was mad as well but appeared to be shaking in fear as well. Alaska was afraid as well, but she knew that they had to and could do something to save themselves.

“If we want to survive, we need to get past all of these Beedrill,” Alaska explained. “Once we clear them, we will be able to get towards the middle of the hole and climb back up some vines to safety.” The others all stared at her, absorbing in her plan.

“What about the giant one?” Mitchell whispered with eyes wide with fear. Alaska glanced back towards the biggest Beedrill of them all, wondering if her plan for it would actually do anything to save them.

“I have an idea, but I’d rather we got our Pokemon out,” she replied, and pulled a PokeBall out of her bag. Darwin the Mankey formed alongside her, flexing his muscles and looking around curiously, and was joined by the familiar figure of Damian’s Charmander, his tail flame adding to their light. Alaska was interested to see if Mitchell actually had caught any Pokemon, and was secretly impressed as he released his two Pokemon: the small furry but sharply fanged Rattata, and the golden coloured Weedle that didn’t look particularly out of place here. They were both smiling pleasantly at their trainer, and Alaska was glad he had something to entertain himself. Chloe still looked sour, but she released a new Pokemon for her anyway: a Spearow, looking as grumpy as her and rising snobbishly above them all.

“Squirtle’s my only Pokemon,” Lachlan explained sheepishly, “he’s still unconscious.”

“I don’t know where Butterfree is!” Sandy said, shaking slightly.

“Don’t worry, Paige and Butterfree will be helpful in a moment,” Alaska replied. “But now you lot,” she said to the five Pokemon before her, “we need to clear past all of the Beedrill so we can get to the giant hole. Just use whichever attacks you can and do your best not to get hit with anything!” All the Pokemon nodded, looking eager to battle and defend their trainer’s. Damian was passing around something, and Alaska was intrigued as she was passed a large grey rock.

“I guess they could come in handy, if we need to defend ourselves,” Damian explained. Alaska beamed and held the rock tightly in one hand, keeping her knife firmly in her other one.

“Brilliant idea! Alright team, let’s go!” Alaska said, and they all nodded and turned.

The Beedrill army was staring at them.

Unbeknownst to them, whilst they had released their Pokemon the giant Beedrill had finished its speech. Its followers were staring at them all, pointers raised, attacks being formed ready to be fired. Alaska knew they were going to have to fight for their lives now. She stared down at Darwin, who nodded up at her.

“BEEEEEE!” The giant Beedrill buzzed in its booming voice. The Beedrill all began to rise up, their collective buzzing almost deafening. Sandy and Mitchell were whimpering, and Chloe was taking a step backwards, but Alaska simply smiled, knowing they had one element on their side.

“DOUBLE GUST!” She screamed, and before the Beedrill could comprehend what she said, they were suddenly sent spinning around. Sandy gasped as Paige and Butterfree zoomed out of the hole, flapping their wings so furiously that the trainers were in danger of being blown away. Damian, Sandy, Mitchell and Lachlan all looked ecstatic, and Alaska beamed with pride at her plan.

“EVERYONE GO!” She screamed, and led the charge forwards. The Beedrill had no idea what was going on, but suddenly they were being attacked from all sides. Paige and Butterfree continued to use their Gust, allowing the Beedrill to stay disorientated as Charmander fired a barrage of Ember attacks to set them on fire, and Rattata rolled up into a ball, burst into flame and sped forwards, taking the Beedrill down with a surprise Flame Wheel. Spearow flew forwards and began Pecking at stray Beedrill until they fainted, and Weedle would use String Shot to simply tie them up. But Darwin was brutal, grabbing Beedrill by the legs, heads and pointer and smashing them into rock, beating them until they fainted.

“MAAAAN!” He screamed, and tackled a Beedrill that was about to hit Alaska and used Seismic Toss to send him spiralling away. Alaska called out her thanks before moving onwards, but the noise of the increasing wind caused by Gust was deafening. Sand was being whipped up around them, and Alaska had to shield her eyes as she charged through the parting Beedrill, not wanting to be blinded. But she could see that the Beedrill’s attacks were missing, as the Gust continued to send them around and prevented them from doing anything. Alaska watched happily as a powerful Ember sent one Beedrill soaring backwards, and noticed Damian was running alongside.

“His attacks are very strong, I’m impressed,” Alaska shouted over the wind.

“That Gust is what’s impressive,” Damian replied loudly, “I don’t know what is up with Charmander, he hasn’t been his powerful before. But your Pidgey seems very…” but Alaska stopped listening, thrown by what he had said: if the powerful Ember wasn’t natural, than what was it? Rattata’s Flame Wheel seemed extremely strong as it rolled past, and Alaska suddenly realised something, and turned to tell Damian. But she was stunned to see he had frozen in his steps, and Mitchell and Chloe were stopping as well.

“What is it?” Alaska asked, and followed their line of eyesight. Before them a row of Beedrill stood there, stingers raised and ready to fire. Green energy was being absorbed in, and Alaska’s theory was confirmed: the light that had been summoned in here was a series of Sunny Day’s, a weather attack that boosted fire attacks and made Solarbeam charge up instantly. Alaska should have known they couldn’t have broken through all the ranks, and simply stood there in fear as the Beedrill absorbed in more light, the giant Beedrill taking slow but booming steps forwards.

“JUMP!” Damian cried, just as the multiple Solarbeam were fired. He and Alaska landed in a heap as they jumped to the same spot, green light exploding over their heads. Ignoring their collision, Alaska raised her knife up, glad that she hadn’t landed on it, and swiped at the nearest two Beedrill.

“Get back!” She growled, circling around as she cut the air. The Beedrill seemed stunned at this weapon and buzzed backwards from Alaska, leading them back towards its fellow Pokemon. The multiple Solarbeam had disrupted the Gust attack, and Paige and Butterfree were now fighting off two and three at a time as they became swamped by them. The other trainers were to the fight and alright, swinging their rocks like Alaska.

“Leave us along!” Sandy squealed, running up to Alaska as she threw her rock at a Beedrill’s head. “We really need to get out of here!” She yelled, and turned around to see the Beedrill was only metres away. “Oh damn! Alaska, I’m scared!”

“Don’t worry, we’ll have this over soon,” Alaska replied calmly, though her mind was going at a mile a minute, hoping changes to her plan would work. Damian was leading the others to safety, and the Pokemon were making their way through the Beedrill. Mitchell threw some rocks, sending Beedrill scattering and allowing Paige and Butterfree to fly through. Paige instantly flew to Alaska and hit her with her wing.

“Alright, sorry, but I didn’t know we were going to be tied up!” Alaska protested as Paige glared down at her. “But good job reacting, you’re a great Pidgey.”

“Pidge Pidge,” Paige replied, nodding merrily, and Alaska smirked. But she caught Sandy’s nervous glare and stared back towards the Beedrill. The ones that hadn’t fainted were all regathering, moving back into rows and ignoring their injuries. Green energy was rapidly being absorbed back into their stingers, more Solarbeams about to be fired. If they would be hit, they would probably be knocked out, left at the mercy of the giant Beedrill. Alaska had to act quickly, and knew just what to do.

“Sandy, Butterfree is our only hope,” Alaska whispered quickly. Sandy was shaking with fear, but she nodded, understanding what Alaska wanted to do. The Beedrill were buzzing excitedly now, and their Solarbeams were ready. Chloe was crying again, and Mitchell was on the verge, their fates nearly sealed.

“BEEEE!” They all buzzed as they fired.

“CONFUSION!” Sandy boomed determinedly. Alaska braced, ready for the attacks to hit them. The green light was engulfing them, and it seemed as if they had been struck down. But Alaska’s plan had worked: Butterfree was faster and more developed, and her eyes were narrowed as they glowed pink, all her Psychic abilities forced towards stopping the Solarbeams. Alaska and Sandy exchanged wide smiles, and the others all cheered slightly at their safety. Alaska wanted to hug Sandy, but the blonde turned back towards Butterfree, and Alaska had a feeling something bad would come from her lips.

“Redirect it towards the ceiling!” Sandy shouted. Butterfree responded before Alaska could shout her protest or stop her, and all she could was gasp and watch in horror: the collective mass of energy smashed into the ground ceiling of the nest. There was an instant rumbling sound, and Alaska grabbed Paige and ran backwards.

“MOVE!” She screamed, but Damian, Mitchell and their Pokemon had already moved. Lachlan pushed Sandy forwards, and Butterfree and Spearow moved behind Chloe. Darwin was glaring up at the giant Beedrill, but Alaska grabbed him with her free hand and kept on running, ignoring the giant Pokemon and trying to ignore the rumbling coming from behind them. The roar was deafening, and a cloud of dust engulfed them, so thick it blocked the light and left them all doubling over coughing, their eyes stinging and throats burning. The uncomfortable combination continued for another minute, but finally the dust began to thin, and they were able to hear deep grumblings instead of the tunnels collapsing with earth.

“Is everyone al-al-alright?” Alaska coughed, looking down to see Paige and Darwin’s bodies were completely brown with dirty dust. They replied with ‘Pidge’ and ‘Man’, looking a bit grumpy but not to fussed. No one else looked injured as the cloud of dust settled, though everyone was particularly filthy now, and Chloe appeared to seething with fury about it. Alaska turned around to face Sandy, who stood there with wide eyes of shock, her sandy hair now dirty, and stared at Alaska rather blankly.

“It seemed like a good idea at the time…” she mumbled, and stared to face her destruction. The tunnel had been completely destroyed, with huge mounds of earth piled up like discarded rubbish. The hole had now completely doubled in sized, and it was only now that Alaska noted how strange it was that the original hole had been perfectly circular. A disjointed stairway of earth had built up, providing them with a much quicker path to freedom as the mounds managed to reach the top. Alaska looked down at the bottom though and couldn’t help but feel sorry for all the Weedle, Kakuna and Beedrill that would have been crushed under the weight.

“What do we do now?” Lachlan coughed, brushing dust off of his clothes.

“Get the hell out of here, duh!” Chloe squeaked, looking as if she has just rolled in mud. Alaska had never seen her this dirty before and stifled a laugh as the blonde ran forwards, dust trailing behind her, as began to clamber desperately up the mounds.

“Chloe, calm down!” Damian called, but Chloe flipped him the finger, and Alaska let her laugh heard as her enemy struggled up the mounds, her Spearow flapping overhead. She turned to share her laugh with Sandy, but her friend was staring upwards, eyes still wide with horror. Alaska looked up as well, wondering what she could be staring at.
Sandy was staring at the giant Beedrill, and the giant Beedrill was staring at them.

Alaska could understand why the Beedrill was angry as it towered over them looking murderous. All of its follower were dead and its feast was ready to escape its clutches. But that didn’t mean she was prepared for what happened next: the creature suddenly smashed the ground with one of it’s stingers, causing dust to fall and the vines to shake, and made Sandy leap up and scream.

“RUN!” Alaska shouted, though Mitchell and Lachlan were already sprinting towards the mounds of earth. The Beedrill aimed for Sandy with its other stinger, but she screamed again and fled. Alaska looked around desperately, and was glad that there was now a lot more natural light illuminating the dirty tunnel. She had hoped that her plan wouldn’t have to be attempted, but it seemed like she had no other option.

“Run, get out of here!” Alaska bellowed as she sped past Sandy, sidestepping Beedrill and its stingers and heading towards the pile of vines they had landed on. Her plan was insane, but Alaska had always been the sort of person to do crazy plans. She had been the child that leapt out of trees, ran away from school groups as they wandered through woods, and would try to eat anything that came her way. If she gave up her outrageous at this point, Alaska would have been annoyed with herself.

“Pid Pid Pidgey?” Paige chirped as Alaska let go of her, coming to a stop by the vines. Alaska didn’t have time to explain, simply grabbing the end of a thick one as Darwin jumped out of her arms and began to pull on it.

“Grab the other end,” Alaska called to Darwin, and the Mankey nodded and quickly responded. The vine was thick enough, but Alaska just hoped they would be able to pull it off. She glanced around to see the giant Beedrill was beginning to beat its wings very rapidly, generating a wind that whipped the dust up. Mitchell and Lachlan were getting close to the top, but Sandy and Damian were running around to avoid the stingers, Butterfree and Charmander moving with them.

“Get out of here, it’s not safe!” Alaska yelled and ran forwards with the vine.

“What makes it safe for you?” Sandy cried back, before screaming as a stinger knocked her flying. Alaska was shocked, but she couldn’t give up her plan now. Damian saw what she doing and gave her the thumbs up before rushing to check on Sandy. Alaska was worried about Sandy, but had to carry on before Beedrill noticed her.

“Darwin, you go that way!” Alaska cried, the roar of the dust and wings nearly deafening.

“Man Mankey!” Darwin responded, and he moved away from Alaska holding the vine. Alaska ran forwards as well, and the vine began to wrap around the Beedrill. Trainer and Pokemon passed each other, and moments later passed again. They had run out of vine, but Alaska and Darwin were now tugging furiously on the long green plant, trying to pull things together. The dust began to settle, and the beating of the wings died down, and Alaska knew they were being caught out.

“Beeeeeedrilllllll,” the giant creature growled, and both stingers got raised.

“Keep at it Darwin!” Alaska shouted, still pulling on the vine as tightly as she can. The Beedrill’s legs were beginning to buckle, but it didn’t look very natural: the legs were literally buckling, dents beginning to form around them. Pokemon don’t get dents usually, especially not bug types… Alaska thought and came to a stop, staring at the legs with such curiousity she didn’t notice the stinger above her head.

“PIIIDGE!”

“EMBER!”

“CONFUSION!”

“BEEEE!”

The combined cries were a shock to the system, and Alaska looked up in fear as she saw the stinger come down. But before it could move an inch, a brown blur smashed into the stinger as it was hit by a ball of fire and was thrust backwards. The stinger suddenly exploded, and Alaska dived out of the way to avoid pieces of metal that were now raining down upon them.

“It’s a robot!” She screamed before she had even got to her feet.

“Well obviously!” Damian yelled back. “Ember again!” Alaska got back up as Paige flew down looking concerned. Darwin had leapt forwards, smashing his fists into Beedrill’s legs as Charmander fired more fire at the machine, which was beginning to grumble and yell.

“I’m fine Paige, I swear!” Alaska said, giving her a smile as she stared towards the Beedrill. What remained of its left stinger was flaming and sparking, and it seemed to be tilting as Darwin whacked its damaged leg. “I think we need to aim for something, like-”

“Don’t do anything.”

Alaska squeaked with shock as a voice sounded behind her. It wasn’t a familiar voice, and it didn’t sound human: it was broken up and distorted, the real voice being disguised behind some sort of machine. A chill went down Alaska’s spine, and she wanted to turn and face the person, but couldn’t bring herself to. The person speaking seemed unnatural and creepy, like being in a room with a dead person.

“You need to run, now,” the voice said. “If you don’t, you and your friends and Pokemon will be killed by what I’m about to do to save your lives.” Alaska normally would have questioned motives behind saving people that could kill them, but couldn’t bring herself to put this together. The person was very commanding, and there wasn’t a way to say no.

“Come on guys, let’s go!” Alaska shouted, sprinting forwards as she covered her head to avoid sparks from Beedrill. Paige was flying alongside her, looking just as appalled and shocked about everything as she was. Damian and Sandy were stunned to see Alaska ran past them, but they began to sprint up the earthy mounds along with her.

“We need to get out of here now!” Alaska explained, beginning to grab at the next mound and haul herself up. It wasn’t quite as easy as it looked, and Alaska’s arms were beginning to ache before they even got to halfway. The earth kept crumbling at her feet and hands, making it difficult to get up and move, and Alaska could see Sandy was struggling as well. Damian was making good time though, clearly taking the opportunity to escape with Charmander on his back.

“Shit, Darwin!” Alaska cried, feeling awful as she looked back down. Darwin was still beating at Beedrill, who was now leaning awkwardly due to the damaged leg. “DARWIN, COME ON!” Alaska shouted. Her Mankey glanced around and saw how high up she was, and began to move towards her, looking rather annoyed. Alaska turned her attention back to climbing, and was pleased to see she was nearly at the top, with Sandy a few mounds ahead.

“Quickly Alaska!” Mitchell’s high pitched voice squealed, and he pointed behind her. Dreading what she would see, Alaska turned around, out of breath, and saw that Beedrill had his other stinger raised, ready to drive it through her. Alaska wasn’t near the top enough to get to freedom, and could feel the ground grumbling, turning against her and leaving her exposed and about to die.

“KEEEY!” Alaska had shut her eyes and was beginning to curse under her breath when something tugged at her, and she opened her eyes as she spun through the air, hitting a screaming Sandy and collapsing to the ground.

“Ah, I love a bit of a payback,” Alaska smirked as she got off Sandy’s back, and the blonde could only nod as she ‘oomphed’ painfully. Darwin landed besides her, flexing his muscles, and Paige came down and watched. The Beedrill was roaring and screaming, his wings beginning to beat again as he pointed his stinger towards them. But before he could do anything else, Alaska’s eyes caught a jet of flame shooting out from the darkness. She watched as the powerful Flamethrower engulfed Beedrill’s body, and it began to roar in pain: the roar was more robotic now though, and the way its body was shaking wasn’t natural.

Alaska was about to yell at them all to duck when the body exploded. Chloe, Mitchell and Sandy all screamed as everyone was hit by the shockwave. Yellow and black metal flew around as Beedrill’s head disappeared inside a gigantic cloud of orange fire and smoke. More explosions sounded, and soon the pit was rumbling as it was filled by the explosions. With what seemed very casual, the opposite end of the hole collapsed and slid down, burying the flames in earth and grass, and stopping Beedrill with it.

For a moment, Alaska wasn’t sure what to make of things. She, Paige and Darwin lay on the ground in a heap, and she gave them a quick hug as she got to her feet, feeling all of the pain she’d suffered that day quite clearly in her bones. Everyone else was getting up as well, and sudden footsteps were joining them.

“What the hell happened here?” The crisp voice of Amanda Anderson called, and Alaska got up as the producer rushed forwards, still looking rather immaculate despite the horrible situation. She was being followed by the same cameraman from before, but was now joined by a rather bulky boom operator, holding the fuzzy microphone above the scene. Amanda looked around at her stars, than Mitchell, than Alaska.

“Ah… I might have known,” she said curtly, her plucked eyebrows narrowing. Alaska smiled and faked a curtsey as she stood up.

“Don’t mind me, I’ll just be on my way,” she snapped, pulling her knife out of her pocket and twirling it threateningly in her hands before bagging it.

“Wait Alaska,” Sandy and Mitchell said simultaneously, but Alaska had already turned, still holding Paige and Darwin.

“Sorry guys, but I won’t to be by myself for a while,” she explained. “Thanks for the battle Sandy, I hope we meet again soon. And good luck with your training Mitchell,” Alaska said simply, and waved them goodbye. Sandy looked rather shocked and sad, and Alaska felt guilty as she began to head through the trees they had come. Damian looked like he wanted to say something as she passed, but Amanda was shooting them nasty looks as she dialled a number on her phone, and Damian simply turned away. Chloe and Lachlan ignored her, and Alaska simply sighed as she headed for the trees.

Alaska simply wanted to get to Pewter City, but the day’s events had surely bothered her. The hole and the tunnels had been so perfectly circular that there was little way they were natural. All the Beedrill seemed to know Sunny Day and Solarbeam, two moves they could only learn through Technical Machines. And most importantly was the robot: how had it gotten there, why was it attacking them, and who was controlling it?

Though she wasn’t sure, Alaska was almost certain someone had wanted to attack them. And based on the appearance of the strange voice and the fire, someone wanted to save them. The questions were who and why, and Alaska needed to rest her injuries before she got too in depth. There was only one thing she did know of: something was definitely up in Kanto right now.

Last edited:
Re: How to Conquer Kanto in Eight Easy Steps - Chapter Ten

That was longer than I expect actually, or at least longer than your usual chapters.

Anyway I'm glad that the Viridian Forest arc is finally over, not that I didn't like it but I wanted to get to Pewter already xD. Anyway it was a great chase scene when they were trying to get away from the Beedrill and there was a lot of screaming wasn't there.

I do wonder how the robot Beedrill got there and who was the one talking, maybe it was that scientist but I don't really think so.

I do try to keep these chapters short so that there isn't one arc completely covered in one story (ie Galactic), and also so I can have more cliffhangers and wonderment about what will happen next. But this one sort of had to be long so the story made sense, though I felt like I rushed the ending a bit.

I'm glad it's over as well! I cut two stories into halves to accomadate what was going on, so it went on a bit longer than expected. But don't worry, Pewter City will be worth the wait as Alaska faces more challenges and gets more questions than answers.

Your thoughts on the voice will be confirmed or denied in the next few chapters, but we will find out the answer to the robot question much sooner, though you will be wondering why rather than who ;)

Imagine you hated someone. Then imagine you hated theme ven more. ANd more. And more. That is exactly how I feel about Chloe right now! I mean, characterization, you're excelling. Every one of your characters, even the Pokémon, is so well developed, this early in a story! Well done there!
Plot, i've got the same questions as Sky Flame Haze. Who's this Beedrill, who saved them... all of that. You've left us with quite a bit of mystery,a nd you leave me wodnering what'll happen! Great work!

I'm glad to see I'm envoking some feeling in the reader :p Chloe is a bit of a tart, and we will see much more of her tartiness and being a bit useless in the future chapters. Glad you enjoyed it, and hope you enjoy the answers :)

Blog Three: Toil and Trouble

@WinterVines @Alaskapigeon
Hello everyone! Long time, no speaks! I have returned with our third blog! Prepare to be deeply amused! :D
As you can see, I'm doing the Mention alert thing now. If you want to be part of this, simply sign up and I will alert you whenever a new chapter has arrived :D

Blog Three: Toil and Trouble

Greetings once again, my ever eager readers!

I haven’t been online for the past few days, and I must say I was thrilled to see how many people have read my blog since I’ve been gone! I was hoping for a few visitors, but I’m nearly reaching ten thousand hits! Thanks for all the support everyone: it’s time to show the Pokemon League you don’t need a fancy starter to kick some serious gym leader booty!

I had a very very very odd day the other day (Vanessa Backlot levels of odd! Remember that Sinnoh chick from the news? Messed up!). It all started when a lovely girl named Sandy decided to try crushing my head. In her defence, she did fall out of a tree. In my defence, my head still hurts. I think I win :D

Anyway, Sandy turned out to be quite nice, and we had a brilliant little battle that Paige drew against her Butterfree. Girl got some moooves! I was glad to finally find a Bug trainer in this forest that doesn’t wet themselves every time I order Quick Attack, and the battle was probably one of the best I’ve had so far!

The oddness meter kicked up a few notches when (drumroll please… no drums? Oh well!) the reality stars showed up! If any of you are in awe of the fact I saw Damian, Chloe and Lachlan, leave my blog now and don’t befoul it with your lack of brain cells again. Chloe wanted a rematch after the fact I KICKED HER ASS last time we fought, and Lachlan and Sandy joined in for a ripper of a double battle! By ripper, I mean fizzler, and by double battle, I mean that Bulbasaur and Squirtle got schooled at double the volume! Holla! (I watched a rap video before writing this… pardon my temporary lack of insanity.)

Just as I savoured our victory and laughed at the lol worthy faces Chloe was pulling, someone just had to scream and ruin the day! A quick, healthy, knee scaring run through the forest brought us out to a large hole in the middle of a clearing (no pun intended, filthy minds!) I wasn’t too fussed about the fact Damian might have fallen down a hole, but than a found a white shoe.

You ever get the feeling when you know you have to do something, even though you REALLY don’t want too? Well, that’s what happened when I realised the shoe belonged to my little ex neighbour Mitchell. He is the sort of hyperactive little moron who will see a giant hole as some big adventure, so naturally he would have fallen in as well. My mother would kill me if she knew I didn’t save him, and I know my momma’s got some skills, yo. (Apologies again)

So, I did the incredibly dumb thing of climbing down a vine into a pitch black hole, no idea what was going to happen. Of course, it seemed smart at the time. So did swinging the vine I was climbing down due to the fact Chloe was on it. And I’m sure someone, at some point, thought this bloody hip-hop thing was a smart idea too. Anyway, the vine snapped, and we all managed to get caught up and went tumbling down into a large pile.

It kind of sucks when having someone fall on your head and than fall down a hole doesn’t make your day awful.

A herd of Beedrill were waiting for us, and these things were a strange mixture of cult, army and serious stick-up-their-stingers. I must admit, I was a weeee bit frightened by the hoard of stinger wielding Pokemon, and than they went and tied us up in sticky string before I could say ‘we come in peace!’ Damian and Mitchell were there, so at least we’d fell into the right bug infested, about to be killed hole ;)

So while the others began crying and wetting themselves, I realise that I have a) a knife b) no Paige as she and Butterfree are away and c) something is making a hell of a lot of noise. I use the knife first to free myself, obviously (I’m not that stupid) and begin freeing the others.
But this HUUUUGE skyscraper tall Beedrill comes out at is – I mean HUUUUUUUGGGGGEEEEEE! It looked like a horror movie, and I was beginning to seriously freak out at how large and nasty this thing was.
I didn’t go on this journey though to simply wet my pants every time the going gets tough! NO SIR! It was time to fight, and I knew just what to do to defeat this thing.

Everyone is freed, we line up against the Beedrill, our Pokemon all ready, their stingers raised, Chloe still bawling like a baby – and we thrashed them!
Paige and Butterfree pulled a sick use of Gust off, and than we charged through to the other side. I can’t really describe the scene, as I was being blinded by dust and deafened by the noise. Yet when we got through to where the big Beedrill was, I don’t think we were as scared anymore, as we’d just defeat half the Beedrill.

Than things went wrong.

Butterfree redirected a mass Solarbeam, causing the roof to cave in. The Big Beedrill got a bit annoyed at how we’d just kill all its followers, so we began to get abused. Sandy, Damian and I stayed to fight, and Darwin and I got some vines around it. There was a mass blast of attack, and guess what: the Beedrill was a robot! It began to malfunction after we blew a stinger up, and we were left to run up the hill as the thing exploded behind us.

It’s been a few days since then. I’ve been taking it easy, recooperating from that incident and nursing my injuries. I left the others behind and carried on by myself, preferring to think this over in my own head rather than aloud. Sandy was a nice girl and I hope to see her again. It was good to have a friend for those, what, two hours?
I want your feedback on what happened, as I just can’t work things out by myself. It was just such a weird thing to happen. I’ve been through several forests, and never come across anything quite like this. What do you think happen?
Do you think the Beedrill lived there already?
Who do you think created it?
Was it maybe sent after us?

I’m heading to Pewter City now: my first gym challenge awaits! I’m going to let this matter settle for a while as I deal with trying to defeat those blasted rock types. Keep your suggestions coming, and I’ll try and add some more thoughts next time. Wish me luck: if I don’t win this match, this whole journey will be a bit pointless, won’t it?

Until next time dearies: avoid those blasted bugs!
Alaska

Word!

You guys get a bonus: as this is so short, I will be posting the second Interlude later on, that will be answering some questions ;)

Interlude Two: Evil Brewing
Re: How to Conquer Kanto in Eight Easy Steps - Blog Three

Interlude Two: Evil Brewing

Buzz Bolton was not in a good mood.

He was standing by his windows once again, staring out through the sprawling metropolis towards the sun setting into the horizon. He had hoped the beautiful mixtures and shades of colours would calm him down, but Buzz was shocked to find that even one of the most amazing sights in the world couldn't bring his temper down.

His phone began ringing back on his desk, and Buzz raised his universal remote in a way more forceful than normal. The phone gave a sad bleep in the middle of a ring, almost as if it was scared about what Buzz would do.
"Sunsets are always a beautiful thing," Buzz shouted in his booming voice, today mixed heavily with blinding rage. "It is that one point of the day where everything is calm and peaceful, in between a hectic day and the bustling night. " He then turned angrily around to the phone, his tanned face twisted in a rage in anger it wasn't use to. "Pity I'm too pissed off to enjoy it!"
"It isn't my fault the cast found the girl," Amanda Anderson replied, her voice echoing around the room. "I don't have the time to mind those children every god damn minute of every god damn day!"
"YOU'RE THE PRODUCER!" Buzz shouted back. "It's part of your bloody job description!" Amanda didn't respond to this, and Buzz growled and angrily stamped on his Persian rug, the metal beneath it ringing. He took a deep breath and walked towards his desk, remembering his breathing exercises and slowing his heart rate down. A glass of sparkling mineral water was placed next to the phone, and Buzz took a long, soothing drink of it.
"Did you find a replacement trial?"

"Yes: a simple obstacle course."

"Have you removed all traces of the Beedrill?"

"Yes. The remains will be taken to old incinerator and destroyed."

"Has someone cleared the tunnel of all traces of evidence?"

"A team is working on that now."

"Good, very good," Buzz nodded, taking another drink. The Beedrill had been expensive to build, too many questions asked about it, too many people forced to be silenced, and it hadn't served its true purpose. "It is a pity that it went to waste. But at least we can use another one of the robots I had the scientists whip up."
"Would you like to have one brought into Mt Moon?" Amanda asked in a very assistant manner, and Buzz nodded, forgetting that he was talking to a phone. Amanda seemed to notice though, making notes on a pad she had with her. "Won't it seem suspicious to the cast though? I mean, Chloe knows more about celebrities and music than she does about Pokémon, and Lachlan is a tinkering on the edge of a cliff above stupidity, but I think they would notice if they come across a second gigantic robot." Buzz began to laugh, a deep, booming laugh that sound more maniacal than a normal human being would have liked.
"That's the brilliant part, my dear," he explained. "They aren't going to be the ones confronting the being. That darling angel Alaska will be walking through Mt Moon, celebrating her first badge win, getting a lolly, breathing, I don't know, when suddenly something arises in front of her. Alaska will be petrified and appalled to see a second robot and will try to fight it, but there won't be anyone to help her this time. The last thought to go through that pesky brat's head before the life is squeezed out of her will be regret, regret at ever going on this stupid journey!" Buzz hissed, not noticing as the laughter died and was replaced with rage. It was only when the glass he clutched in his hand shattered that Buzz snapped out of his angry mental state, staring down at his bleeding hand furiously.

"I shall make the appropriate calls and have something shipped in," Amanda said, and went to hang up, but Buzz quickly turned back towards it, his uninjured hand searching for a cloth of some sort.
"Amanda, wait," he called, and he could tell that she had paused. "If Alaska appears again, before you get to Mt Moon, I want you to kill her anyway. Kill her quietly, kill her out of the way, and kill her quickly. Make it look like an accident, suicide, whatever, just make sure she never bothers our doorstep again." Amanda nodded at the other end, and the line bleeped before going dead.
Buzz found a cloth in a drawer on his desk and wrapped it around his palm. He cursed the wound but ignored the glass on the floor, going back towards the window and staring out at the sky, only a hint of orange behind the skyscrapers, the rest of the sky a dull blue. Buzz had never met Alaska, but he very much hated her. She was ruining his television programme, a show he had been planning for several years, one that would bring him a sense of peace no sunset could ever conjure up. He only wanted to hear her name once more in his lifetime, and that would be from Amanda's sweet lips, telling him she was dead.
"I await the day," Buzz whispered to himself, and once more began to laugh, the strange sound echoing around the office. Anyone watching from a surrounding building would see a very tanned, very well dressed man staring at a sunset, blood dripping down his hand onto his carpet, laughing in a way no sane person could understand, and the people watching would definitely be frightened if they knew the horrific reasons why this strange man was laughing.

It had been five years since the dramatic explosion on Five Island, and it had been four and a half years since police had given up on the investigation. Arthur Reynolds had temporarily left, and the Sevii Islands Police Department were no closer to solving who caused the explosion then when they stared, so the case had quickly died down once the lead officer dropped it. The area was cleared, the warehouse torn down and a new housing complex was built there instead. Now, in 2013, it was as if the explosion had never happened.

But one part of the warehouse had remained.

The Team Rocket Scientist Gideon was still inside his little bomb shelter. When he heard through the internet that the warehouse would be bulldozed, the scientist quickly covered his tile with a mound of earth, continuing to hide him inside. None of the new houses were built over his complex, though he believed some a garden was nearby based on the small children running overhead.

Gideon didn't look like his 2007 self anymore. He had to cut his hair himself, and it had gone from smooth and gelled to prickly and greasy, resembling a toddler had cut it and washed it with tar. He covered in sweat, filth and ash, his clothes smelt like sewage and he was the same weight of an twelve year old boy instead of a nearly middle aged man. But the bomb shelter was the best place for him: it allowed him to hide from the police still hunting old Team Rocket members, it had a variety of scientific supplies he required and was the best possible workplace.

For seven years, Gideon had been working on Operation Lavender. Masses of papers covered everywhere, every row full of diagrams, numbers, calculations, hand drawn maps and long lists and explanations. He destroyed benches, a kettle, his cell phone and the spare metal bed in order to make a large evolution inducing machine, the strange black and purple disc attached to the very top in front of a light bulb. Gideon had forced his Magneton and Porygon2 to evolve, turning them into a Magnezone and Porygon-Z respectively. Now, Gideon was closer than ever to perfecting Giovanni's master plans and combining them into one huge idea.

"All I need is to get the fossils and the Old Amber…." Gideon mumbled to himself as he ran over his different papers, grabbing different things and checking multiple lists. "Yes, and I need these chemicals…. and a more suitable metal… and I need to go to the source itself…." Gideon had slowly turned more and more mentally unstable over the years he'd spent trapped and alone. His master plan could be ready in only a number of weeks, possibly within a month if he was lucky. However, one key factor was only just dawning on him.

He needed to go outside.

"Go outside…. I never thought I would have to…." Gideon mumbled aloud, pausing for a second from his rummaging. "It makes sense, I don't have everything here…." Gideon stared at the patch where the old tile had once been. He had put some metal wire there to cover up the fake patch of earth, and it was the only thing between him and the outside. He hadn't felt the cool feel of the wind, the warmness that came from the sun or interacted with another human being for years.

"I must, it is the only way…." Gideon said, and he quickly grabbed a pair of sunglasses that he had been using to shield his eyes from bright lights during his experiments. He pulled three Rocket Balls out: ball PokeBalls with a red button in the middle and a red R on the top of the ball. He threw all of them, and three Pokémon formed out of the dark energy. One of them was Electrode, Gideon's oldest surviving Pokémon. It use to be very hyperactive, but it learnt to behave itself and remained still, smiling up at its trainer.

The other Pokémon weren't as normal.

Magnezone and Porygon-Z had turned… well, evil, following their forced evolutions. Magnezone was pure black with a large red eye, resembling a squashed Rocket Ball, with dark yellow sparks shooting all across his murky body. Porygon-Z pink body had turned a dark, flowing purple, with his turquoise bits now a dark black. His eyes were also red, and papers began to rise into the air ominously around him. These two Pokémon were flowing with power, a single attack could be enough to kill a man. That was why they were Gideon's greatest weapons.

"Ok, this is how we are going to do things," Gideon explained, walking around them as he grabbed some of the more important papers. "Electrode and Porygon-Z will come with me to collect some supplies. Magnezone will stay here and produce electricity to keep this place going." Magnezone nodded, and he moved silently over towards the machine holding the strange disc. He touched it with one of his magnets, and within seconds the lights were flickering and the television turned on and off. "Excellent! Now, let's go!" Gideon didn't care that it was a rather impulsive thing to do, as it was a necessary thing to do in his quest to take over Kanto. He raced over towards the hatch, Electrode rolling and Porygon-Z floating behind him. There were the distant shouts of children playing above them, and a sick smile came across Gideon's face: it had been too long since he had last killed a human being, and he waiting to watch the pain and suffering commence.

"Electrode blast the hatch," Gideon ordered, and then turned maliciously towards Porygon-Z. "Use Tri Attack as soon as we get out: kill anything that moves." Porygon-Z nodded silently, and they watched as the hole was destroyed by a single Thunderbolt. There were the screams of the children, and then Porygon-Z floated silently up like a ninja, but he was twice as deadly….

And so ends the second arc. Up next, Alaska arrives in Pewter City and comes face to face with one of these villains.

Interlude Two: Not that Happy

Buzz Bolton was not in a good mood.

He was standing by his windows once again, staring out through the sprawling metropolis towards the sun setting into the horizon. He had hoped the beautiful mixtures and shades of colours would calm him down, but Buzz was shocked to find that even one of the most amazing sights in the world couldn’t bring his temper down.

His phone began ringing back on his desk, and Buzz raised his universal remote in a way more forceful than normal. The phone gave a sad bleep in the middle of a ring, almost as if it was scared about what Buzz would do.

“Sunsets are always a beautiful thing,” Buzz shouted in his booming voice, today mixed heavily with blinding rage. “It is that one point of the day where everything is calm and peaceful, in between a hectic day and the bustling night. “ He then turned angrily around to the phone, his tanned face twisted in a rage in anger it wasn’t use to. “Pity I’m too pissed off to enjoy it!”

“It isn’t my fault the cast found the girl,” Amanda Anderson replied, her voice echoing around the room. “I don’t have the time to mind those children every god damn minute of every god damn day!”

“YOU’RE THE PRODUCER!” Buzz shouted back. “It’s part of your bloody job description!” Amanda didn’t respond to this, and Buzz growled and angrily stamped on his Persian rug, the metal beneath it ringing. He took a deep breath and walked towards his desk, remembering his breathing exercises and slowing his heart rate down. A glass of sparkling mineral water was placed next to the phone, and Buzz took a long, soothing drink of it.

“Did you find a replacement trial?”

“Yes: a simple obstacle course.”

“Have you removed all traces of the Beedrill?”

“Yes. The remains will be taken to old incinerator and destroyed.”

“Has someone cleared the tunnel of all traces of evidence?”

“A team is working on that now.”

“Good, very good,” Buzz nodded, taking another drink. The Beedrill had been expensive to build, too many questions asked about it, too many people forced to be silenced, and it hadn’t served its true purpose. “It is a pity that it went to waste. But at least we can use another one of the robots I had the scientists whip up.”

“Would you like to have one brought into Mt Moon?” Amanda asked in a very assistant manner, and Buzz nodded, forgetting that he was talking to a phone. Amanda seemed to notice though, making notes on a pad she had with her. “Won’t it seem suspicious to the cast though? I mean, Chloe knows more about celebrities and music than she does about Pokemon, and Lachlan is a tinkering on the edge of a cliff above stupidity, but I think they would notice if they come across a second gigantic robot.” Buzz began to laugh, a deep, booming laugh that sound more maniacal than a normal human being would have liked.

“That’s the brilliant part, my dear,” he explained. “They aren’t going to be the ones confronting the being. That darling angel Alaska will be walking through Mt Moon, celebrating her first badge win, getting a lolly, breathing, I don’t know, when suddenly something arises in front of her. Alaska will be petrified and appalled to see a second robot and will try to fight it, but there won’t be anyone to help her this time. The last thought to go through that pesky brat’s head before the life is squeezed out of her will be regret, regret at ever going on this stupid journey!” Buzz hissed, not noticing as the laughter died and was replaced with rage. It was only when the glass he clutched in his hand shattered that Buzz snapped out of his angry mental state, staring down at his bleeding hand furiously.

“I shall make the appropriate calls and have something shipped in,” Amanda said, and went to ahng up, but Buzz quickly turned back towards it, his uninjured hand searching for a cloth of some sort.

“Amanda, wait,” he called, and he could tell that she had paused. “If Alaska appears again, before you get to Mt Moon, I want you to kill her anyway. Kill her quietly, kill her out of the way, and kill her quickly. Make it look like an accident, suicide, whatever, just make sure she never bothers our doorstep again.” Amanda nodded at the other end, and the line bleeped before going dead.

Buzz found a cloth in a drawer on his desk and wrapped it around his palm. He cursed the wound but ignored the glass on the floor, going back towards the window and staring out at the sky, only a hint of orange behind the skyscrapers, the rest of the sky a dull blue. Buzz had never met Alaska, but he very much hated her. She was ruining his television programme, a show he had been planning for several years, one that would bring him a sense of peace no sunset could ever conjure up. He only wanted to hear her name once more in his lifetime, and that would be from Amanda’s sweet lips, telling him she was dead.

“I await the day,” Buzz whispered to himself, and once more began to laugh, the strange sound echoing around the office. Anyone watching from a surrounding building would see a very tanned, very well dressed man staring at a sunset, blood dripping down his hand onto his carpet, laughing in a way no sane person could understand, and the people watching would definitely be frightened if they knew the horrific reasons why this strange man was laughing.

Last edited:
Re: How to Conquer Kanto in Eight Easy Steps - Interlude Two

Have I told you how much I like the blogs, mostly because we get to see a different side of Alaska and we get a lot of comedy I liked it when she spoke like a rapper.

Buzz is a little psychotic isn't he. I hope Alaska doesn't get into too much trouble if she does fall for his trap.

Thanks, Im glad you enjoy the blogs :D Expect more in the future, of course, along with an insight into Buzz's plans, but that wont be for a while :D Yo!

Chapter Eleven: Sorta Ready to Rock and Roll

@Alaskapigeon @WinterVines
(Remember, if you want a mention, just let me know)

Chapter Eleven: Sorta Ready to Rock and Roll

Alaska had never been so happy to step onto concrete.

After being trapped for nearly a week within the grassy confines of Viridian Forest, Alaska was nearly taken aback as she emerged from the trees and grass onto the familiar stone path. The change in light was rather overwhelming at first, but Alaska was too excited that she didn’t care about the fact that she was blinded, and began running along the sturdy path, eyes half shut and no idea where she was going. Alaska just couldn’t believe that she had finally left the forest and the mysteries it held, ready to embark on the first major challenge of her quest.

Pewter City looked rather different to Viridian, but Alaska was pleased to find it was a completely overwhelming change. The main road into the city branched off into several, leading to a number of houses of similar design to the ones in Viridian and a number of shops, small offices and apartment buildings only a few stories high. Signs pointed towards the Pokemon Center and Poke Mart, and Alaska was surprised to see some large bare sections of grass, simple places for people to relax in. Alaska was amazed at how everyone managed to seem rather relaxed, and walked through the quiet streets, the cheerful greetings she received much nicer than being attacked or landed on.

Alaska quickly healed her Pokemon, not wanting to waste any time in heading towards her first gym battle, but did feel reassured to be back around technology. The nurse was happy to point Alaska in the right direction, and she quickly headed off towards the Pewter Gym. Alaska felt a bit nervous as she walked through the peaceful streets. Had she trained her Pokemon up enough for this battle? Darwin would be alright, but would Paige be able to cope against the Rock types that the leader, Brock, specialized in? Alaska had to win this match if she wanted to prove the point of her quest, but her stomach was beginning to twist in knots. Alaska was having doubts, and was tempted to turn around and do some emergency training.

But than she saw the gym.

If Alaska hadn’t known what type the gym was, she definitely would have known now. About three stories high, the Pewter City Gym could easily be mistaken for a large hill: rounded and circular, large, grey, the building roughed and jagged to resemble a large rock. It was tucked away between trees to keep it out of the way, and had a rather nicely put together rock path that went up to the doors and carried on around the sides of the building.

“Well shit,” Alaska said, staring at in horror. The Viridian City Gym was very plain on the outside, and Alaska had never ventured to anywhere with particularly interesting buildings: this piece of modern urban development was breathtakingly fresh for her. Alaska was so amazed at the building that she began to walk forwards, her eyes focused on the building and not on the way ahead, interested to see what was inside.

The doors slid open, and Alaska’s jaw dropped.

The inside of the gym was amazing. The lighting was dark towards the back half, but the front half was well lit and looked fantastic. The floor was completely covered with golden yellow sand, giving a beautiful outline to the rest of the gym. The stone pathway continued into the gym, cutting through the sand and heading towards the darkness, large boulders that definitely flanked the sides. A wooden bridge suspended high above, and Alaska turned to see rough stone steps heading up the metal walls, providing a shortcut for anyone wishing to avoid whatever challenge the gym possessed.

“That way ain’t for me!” Alaska whispered to herself. She was amazed at the design of the gym, from how high it stretched to wondering what was behind the walls filling up the rest of the rock. But she was here for one reason, and it wasn’t to admire the architecture: Alaska had to fight her hardest and win, showing the world that defeating a gym didn’t require a starter to happen. Her Pokemon were as ready as they could be, and Alaska knew that she had a decent chance to win.

“Alright you two, let’s get going,” Alaska whispered, and walked forward towards the soft sand in front, ready for what might happen.
“Stop right there!” A voice suddenly boomed, and Alaska came to a halt, her foot hovering about the sand, wondering who was talking. “That is not normal sand. If you step on it, you will sink straight through and will not make it to your gym battle!” The voice sounded male, but Alaska could hear a definite robotic tinge in the background.

“Whatever you say, electric ghost…,” Alaska whispered, taking a step backwards, and began walking backwards down the stone path, looking around for the source of the voice. Maybe it was some sort of way of putting the trainers off, and Alaska simply shrugged, deciding to focus on her battle.

A Geodude was in her face.

Alaska froze again, staring at the thing in front of her. Geodude’s face (which really was most of his body) was only a few inches from her own, his hands clasping onto her shoulders tightly. Alaska glared at Geodude, and Geodude glared at Alaska.

“GEOOO!” He roared, and tilted his head backwards.

“Don’t even think of Headbutting me!” Alaska cried, and punched Geodude in the eye. The rock head cried out and let go of her shoulders, collapsing down to the ground. Alaska jumped backwards, but Geodude swung his large hands around, sweeping her legs and knocking her to the floor.

“What do you want?” Alaska growled as she grabbed her bag before it fell into the mysterious sand. The Geodude obviously had some issue with her as it was now climbing up one of the rocks, getting to enough height before violently pushing off. “Damnit,” Alaska hissed, and raised her legs up as much as her jeans would allow, lashing out when Geodude got close enough. But Geodude had expected this and grabbed her legs, swinging her around and send her skidding over the stones.

“What sort of bloody gym is this?” Alaska shouted, watching Geodude as he laughed and came soaring forwards. She desperately reached into her bag, grabbing the first two things she could: the long black charging cord for her laptop and the ever unneeded brownies from Freddie.

“When in Pewter, it seems,” Alaska shrugged, and swung the brownie case into Geodude’s face.

“DUUUUDE!” He roared, flying backwards into one of the rocks. He quickly leapt up, fists clenched as he came back for more. Alaska simply smiled and twirled the cord around once Geodude was near: the Rock Pokemon found his hands bound, unable to move as Alaska held onto the cord tightly. Geodude looked rather shocked as he remained floating in the air, and Alaska simply smiled widely.

“Take that!” Alaska cried, and spun around, letting go of the cord as she did so. Geodude shouted as he went flying through the air, smashing straight into another boulder in a cloud of dust and rocks. Alaska waited a few moments, but then burst into a smile when Geodude didn’t emerge.

“Finally, stupid bloody rock head!” Alaska jeered, dancing a little on the spot as she put the brownies back in her bag. “That’s what you get when you don’t have legs, you –”

“Tut tut, that was quite a pity,” a voice said, and for a moment Alaska thought it was the strange computer voice again. But suddenly the lights turned on, and Alaska turned around towards the other half of the gym. A bare field was right behind the boulders, covered with some sand and rocks from various battles but otherwise empty. At the other end, though, a figure was walking forwards, shaking his head.

“Such a shame, I was really looking forwards to a battle,” the gym leader Brock sighed. He was wearing a thick brown and orange jacket and green jackets, looking fairly casual for a gym leader. His hair was brown and spiky, the same colour as his skin. Alaska wondered how he could see as it looked as if his eyes were shut, but it was possibly a trick of the light.

“What do you mean ‘such as shame’?” Alaska asked, walking towards the field as Brock walked towards here. “I’m here and I’m ready to battle!” Brock simply shook his head, and he pointed towards the boulder. The Geodude lay there unconscious, the cord still bound around his hands. “I defeated the stupid rock thing, didn’t I? Do you want me to turn it into a decorative lawn ornament or something before I battle you?”

“No no,” Brock chuckled, “I wanted you to battle it. With Pokemon.” Alaska stared down at the Geodude and gasped. In her surprise at before confronted, she had completely forgotten about her Pokemon and gone straight into fighting for herself.

“Yes, fighting Pokemon with Pokemon does sound rather logical now that you mention it,” Alaska murmured, grabbing her laptop cord and stuffing it back into her bag. She pulled her two PokeBalls out and raised them up for Brock to (somehow) see. “I have my Pokemon, and they are just as ready as I am to battle.”

“You only have two?” Brock said in surprise, and Alaska clenched the balls angrily at the tone of his voice. “Most trainers I battle usually have at least a full team, even if they are just Caterpie and Weedle.”

“Well, I have a Pidgey and a Mankey: I think that’s a lot better than some silly bugs!” Alaska growled, but was annoyed further as Brock began to laugh, his chiselled head tipping backwards as the cruel laughter echoed around.

“A Pi-Pi-Pidgey? You expect to defeat me with just a Pidgey and a Mankey?” Brock snorted, and Alaska was tempted to bash her brownies across his head in a few seconds. “I’m sorry for laughing, but there’s no way you are going to defeat me with a team like that! Come back later when you at least have a third Pokemon,” and without another word, Brock turned and walked back towards where he had been standing. Alaska simply stared after him with her jaw dropped, her PokeBalls dangerously close to falling out of her hands in her shock. How could he have been so rude to her, for absolutely no reason? There was nothing wrong with her Pokemon, and she had a decent chance at kicking him from here all the way back to Viridian. Alaska’s rage was building up, and she began to storm forwards, ready to throw Darwin’s PokeBall straight at Brock’s smug, laughing head.

“I came here for a gym battle, and I’m not leaving until I get my gym battle!” Alaska shouted, and raised her arm, ready to throw the PokeBall wheter Brock liked it or not. But just as Alaska approached the field, she didn’t notice the rocks scattering across the path by Geodude. As Brock turned around, Alaska suddenly stood awkwardly on one. Her entire body wobbled, and Alaska cried out as she fell forwards, a much larger rock right in her path. Not wishing to be impaled, and furious that she would be embarrassed, Alaska turned over to avoid landing.

Unfortunately, she fell into the sand.

Re: How to Conquer Kanto in Eight Easy Steps - Chapter Eleven

BROWNIES ARE SUPER EFFECTIVE

That was so cool and funny at the same time I can't believe that Alaska was able to defeat a Geodude on her own and without even remembering to use Pokemon against it. Though I wonder what's at the end of the sand now that she's fallen into them. Anyway everything seems fine in the chapter good description, good length and grammar as well.

I'm glad you liked it. I was definitely going for more comedy than realism :p The Geodude is most likely quite weak, but I didn't want to have to specify it. And you will hopefully find out next week whats after the sand.

Chapter Twelve: Follow the Shadows, He Said!

@WinterVines @Alaskapigeon

Chapter Twelve: Follow the Shadows, He Said!

Alaska couldn’t help but cry out as she fell towards the sand. The electronic voice had been vague in his warning, but she knew falling into this wasn’t going to be very good. Would it kill her… surely not: if trainers were constantly being killed by quick sand, Alaska had a feeling that the Pokemon League would do something about it. There was only one other option: the sand would lead somewhere.

But than the particles quickly rose up, and Alaska shut her eyes and mouth as she plunged through. She had been expecting it to be hard, but Alaska found herself simply falling through at the same pace as sinking through something slightly congealed. The sand was moving against her body like many tiny hands touching her, and Alaska didn’t quite enjoy the feeling all that much.

If this is what all the other bloody gyms are like, I’m not having a bar of it! Alaska thought grouchily as the sand managed to sting her ears, creeping into every nook and cranny of her clothes. She clutched tightly onto Darwin’s PokeBall, not wanting it to get lost forever amongst the sand. Her body was beginning to roll, the sand somehow spinning her around. Alaska was beginning to feel dizzy and itchy, and wanted nothing more than to climb out of the pit and pushed Brock in to see how he liked it. Her body was beginning to rise up, and Alaska found herself going fasted, the sand beginning to push violently against her. Alaska was desperate to get out of this demented ride, and a few choice words were forming for whoever was waiting on the other end….

With a sudden popping sound, Alaska found the weight lessen off her entire body. In fact, Alaska found that was entirely… weightless. She opened her eyes, ready to find herself hurtling through space via a strange sandy wormhole, but instead found that she was flying a few feet above the ground.

“BUGGER!” Alaska growled, and readied for the impact as she hurtled towards the ground. She bent her knees to absorb the blow, and put her bag around her middle to stop any pain. Unfortunately, Alaska didn’t plan it very well: her legs smashed in the ground at a powerful force, causing Alaska to fall flat onto the ground. Darwin’s PokeBall flew out of her hand and burst open as Alaska’s hand slid across the gravel, and her bag burst open, causing Paige’s PokeBall to roll out as well.

“Bastardised bloody gym!” Alaska growled, staring down at her body: her hands were raw and scratched painfully, blood beginning to flow, whilst the knees on her pants had been torn, badly grazing her knees.

“Pidgey Pidge Pidgey?” Paige fluttered down, clutching her own PokeBall and Darwin’s in her talons, staring at Alaska with wide eyes of horror. Darwin, meanwhile, was glaring towards the gym, making Karate Chop motions in mid air.

“I’ll be alright, nothing that can’t be fixed up,” Alaska said with a sigh, and reached into her bag for some of the plasters her mother had insisted she pack before going on her journey. “I’m more annoyed about the gym – Brock wants me to catch another Pokemon or tain more before I battle him.”

“MAN?” Darwin squealed angrily, wheeling around in mid-chop. Alaska sadly nodded, knowing that Darwin had been looking forward to this match for a while. “MANKEY MAN MAN MAN KEEEEY!” The Mankey yelled angrily, and he smashed his fist into the ground. The tile cracked into pieces, the attack so powerful that a bit whacked Paige on the head.

“Pidgey Gee Gee Pidge!” Paige snapped, shaking a fist angrily. Alaska simply sighed again, knowing how Darwin felt. She was willing to drive her own fists into the ground, but she didn’t want to injure them anymore. As she wiped the blood away and stuck the plasters on, Alaska couldn’t help but feel a bit useless. She had travelled all this way from Pallet, gone through the death trap that had been Viridian Forest, trained her Pokemon up as much as she thought necessary, yet it didn’t seem to be enough. Alaska had no idea how much more she was meant to train them. She had received comments on her blog that Brock was a real pushover: did the gym leader not see Alaska as a worthy enough opponent? Had this trip be worth anything if she wasn’t even going to be given a chance to prove herself? Alaska could see Chloe’s laughing face floating above her eyes, hear the sound in her ears.

I knew you couldn’t do it! Your just a poor, useless loser! And look at that outfit… it looks like an outlet store threw up and used it clothes to mop up the mess!

“Rot in hell!” Alaska growled, knowing perfectly well Chloe wasn’t there (even though she was quite pleased how well she could conjure up a Chloe-grade pathetic insult), but lashed out anyway.

“PIDGE!” Paige gasped as Alaska accidentally whacked her in the face. Alaska gasped and clasped her injured hands to her face as Darwin began to snigger behind them.

“Oh my gosh, I’m really sorry!” Alaska said quickly, getting back to her feet. Paige simply stared at her, a bemused look on her face. Alaska didn’t like it, and quickly realised why: Paige raised her talons and threw the two PokeBalls forwards, giving them an extra whack with her wings. Darwin fell the ground laughing as both balls hit Alaska square in the face, leaving perfectly circular red marks. Paige fell the ground as well as she covered her mouth with both wings, trying hard not to laugh at Alaska’s face. The trainer looked down, her face a cross between anger and amusement, and simply sighed.

“I’m going to get you for that!” She called, and lunged forwards. Paige took off into the air, laughing loudly, as Alaska jokingly clawed after the bird. The annoyance at being stopped from entering the gym quickly left, and Alaska was glad to simply play with her oldest friend for the first time in ages. Though her knees hurt and Darwin’s jumping around threatened to trip her up, Alaska simply laughed and laughed, ready to do this for hours.

A loud horn suddenly interrupted their perfect day.

The sound was loud, rude and unnecessary, and managed to pause Alaska and Paige in their tracks. A small red car had screeched to a halt a few metres away, the male driver poking his head out of the window and yelling at the person who had, presumably, run right in front of him. Alaska glanced around, wondering who was the cause of all of this of commotion, but couldn’t see anyone else in sight.

“Gee Pidge,” Paige whispered, and pointed towards the side of a nearby building. Alaska followed were she was pointing and finally saw who the man was shouting at: it was a figure, gender and age untellable from this distance, though the person was slim and tall and wearing dark clothing. They didn’t seem to care at all about nearly causing an accident, simply rushing away down the street.

Instantly, Alaska thought back to what had happened in the Beedrill nest. There had been the voice that spoke to her: the creepy, unnatural, chilling voice that she didn’t have a face to associate it with. The way this figure was walking, as if it was hoping to get away quickly and without being noticed, Alaska couldn’t help but wonder who it was.

“Come on guys, we’re going,” Alaska said instantly, and bent down and grabbed the PokeBalls and her bag. Paige and Darwin exchanged a glance, but they simply nodded, Paige landing on one shoulder and Darwin beginning to hop alongside. Alaska knew she should be training, getting ready to face Brock again, but this figure seemed too mysterious, and she had to know why and where they were going, if only to solve the question that had been bothering her for days.

The path led, rather surprisingly, towards the Pewter City Museum.
Alaska, Paige and Darwin followed the shadowy figure for ten minutes, moving between buildings and dodging cars, Alaska doing her best to keep an eye out for the person. She managed to keep an eye on him for most of the time, but in the last minute, a speeding cyclist nearly bowled Alaska off her feet. Alaska was ready to fire a few choice insults, but was instead left in stitches when Darwin sent the cyclist flying over the handlebars and threw his bike up onto the roof. By the time Alaska and Paige had stopped rolling on the pavement laughing, attracting many odd looks from the residents, they found the shadowed figure had disappeared from view. The only place he had to have gone in though was the gigantic museum in front.

Alaska had been here only once when she was very young to see an exhibition on ancient ruins with her mother and older siblings, though she couldn’t remember much about it. Standing here, images of the museum came rushing back towards her, though it looked different from last time. It was still three storeys high, with an extensive basement storage underneath, and was painted a very solid shade of mahogany with white along the edges and the windows. Alaska was sure the roof had been pointed last time, but now it appeared to be flat, with several statues of Rock type Pokemon against the edges. A large expanse of grass stood in front, with more statues of both people and Pokemon scattered between trees, magnificent flowers and gazebos that were already full of people.

“This is probably going to be the most intelligent building we visit on this journey,” Alaska told her Pokemon as she made her way forwards up the cracked grey footpath. A revolving door was already turning around, ready to greet them inside the museum. “Now, you two better behave in here. There’s a lot of old crap in here that can’t really be disturbed. Oh, and there’s some ancient displays around as well,” Alaska added with a smile, and Paige and Darwin smirked. Several elderly woman who heard her shot them all wrinkly evil glares, and Alaska simply laughed as she walked up the grand staircase towards the door. A large poster was on either side, showing ancient fossils on a brown background, the large yellow banner reading “FOSSILS OF THE KANTO REGION – Limited Time Only!”

“Looks like we are going to be seeing a few millennium old objects then,” Alaska informed her team, and stepped forwards into the revolving door, ready to find out what the mysterious figure wanted, and wheter it had to do with these fossils.

Re: How to Conquer Kanto in Eight Easy Steps - Chapter Twelve

Well it was another fun chapter though the line when the sand is getting in Alaska's body...now that's just wrong xD

Anyway it was short and unnventful really I like this length but it's obvious that if it isn't longer then not a lot can happen so I'll recommend for the next chapter to be a little longer.

Re: How to Conquer Kanto in Eight Easy Steps - Chapter Twelve

The next chapter was going to be longer. If this chapter had been longer, than it would have split up the museum into an unhealthy and frankly odd segment. The museum will be covered in two or three chapters, and will definitely be worth reading, as it begins to set events in motion!

And yes that line was a bit dodgy, but I could think of another way to put it

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom