• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

MATURE: How to Conquer Kanto in Eight Easy Steps - Chapter 100

Chapter Twenty Three: Life Swap, Pokemon Edition
Re: How to Conquer Kanto in Eight Easy Steps - Chapter 22 - Last for year

@Alaskapigeon@WinterVines

Happy New Year everyone! I hope you all enjoyed the holiday season, but the start of 2012 means it is time to join Alaska, Paige and Sandy once more - I am sure you are all suffering from withdrawals without her catty one liners and your holidays probably didn't involve being chased by gigantic Pokemon robots, and if they did, then you need to find someone else to spend your holidays with. Anyway, enjoy, and here's hoping to a grand year of 8ES! :D

Chapter Twenty Three: Life Swap, Pokemon Edition

There had been many things that had happened in Alaska's relatively short life that had caused her a great deal of surprise – the time her brother Edward cut his hand and blood spurted everywhere, the time a Ponyta ran in front of her when she was riding her bike, a storm that occurred when they stayed at her aunt's house in Johto and the roof nearly crushed her. Even things that had happened over the journey had caused her a great deal of surprise, ranging simply from seeing Mitchell was going on one as well to being chased down a collapsing tunnel by psychotic Clefairy.

However, nothing came to close to discovering you and your Pidgeotto had switched bodies.

"What the FUCK is going on here?" Alaska yelled, staring into the toaster and picking at herself with her wings, trying to make sense of what had happened. She looked to the right and saw herself staring back at her in surprise, though Paige was simply making her usual noises. Alaska clutched a hand… wing… something to her head and looked around, seeing Frances was staring out from behind the toaster with a petrified look on her face. Alaska looked down to see Butterfree was hyperventilating, and felt some mild relief to know that Sandy had been swapped as well, but that didn't stop her confusion. Sandy's body was getting nervously to her feet, Butterfree clearly not knowing what to do with being in such a larger frame.

"Bill, what is going on?" Alaska yelled and stomped forwards on her clawed feet, not realising she was walking straight off the edge of the bench. She screamed as she feel, frantically flapping her wings to try and steady herself, but ultimately landing face first on the tiled floor.

"Pidgeotto Pidge?" Paige said, and Alaska merely sighed as she looked up at herself staring down at her in concern.

"I'm fine, I'm fine," Alaska growled as she got back to her feet. She was annoyed about once again having something crazy happen to her, but Alaska simply wanted to fix things now before they got too out of hand and she ended up going off the deep end. She began to walk forwards, not trusting her new wings but at the same being annoyed at seeing things from this low angle. Bill's Eevee was walking towards her, the man himself slumped up against on of his metal tables, the stuff that had been piled high now lying on the floor.

"Now you listen here!" Alaska shouted, pointing a wing up at the scientist. "Sandy and I came here because you wanted to thank me and give me a weapon and all that jazz, but this has just turned into yet another bloody mishap, and I won't stand for it! Whatever happened, I want to be changed back RIGHT NOW!"

"Alaska, my dear," Bill said next to her, but Alaska screamed and leapt backwards once she realised that it was actually his Eevee that was talking. "Alaska, I am sorry you have gotten caught up in this," Bill continued, rather unbothered by the switch, "but giving you a weapon is necessary to help protect you in case Gideon or anyone else goes after you. And as for the Brain Switch, I am very sorry for that, I never intended for that to help," and Bill turned towards the lamp post like machine, which Alaska looked up at as well. Her short term memory had been slightly frazzled, but Alaska could know remember seeing Mitchell hitting buttons.

"MITCHELL!" Alaska yelled, flapping her wings so furiously that she slowly took off into the air, but landed with a thud once she realised what she was doing. Mitchell timidly stuck his head out from behind a table, looking nervous as the two Pokemon with human brains looked angrily up at him, Eevee even getting to Bill's feet. It was his fault that the machine had gone off, causing this 'Brain Switch' as Bill had dubbed it, and Alaska was going to let him have.

"Sorry…," Mitchell said sadly before she could snap, hanging his head in shame and staring down at his feet with a pout on his face. "I didn't mean too… it was an accident!" He added, and even let out a little sob. Eevee's face relaxed at the apology, but Alaska tutted: she had seen Mitchell pull this trick a thousand times before when she babysat him. Whenever his mother began to tell him off, Mitchell would apologise and begin to cry, and would get an 'it's alright' and a hug, the blame than being shifted to Alaska, sometimes resulting in her losing part of her payment. But once Mrs Melton had left the room, Mitchell would grin evilly and go back to being happy. Alaska had always hated this happening, and she wasn't going to let it happen this time.

"Sorry isn't going to cut it this time Mitchell!" She yelled, and turned slightly to see Butterfree dragging her own body forwards as Sandy continued to hyperventilate from the shock, and Paige was struggling to move Alaska's body, Frances resting on her shoulder.

"But I am sorry!" Mitchell whined, clearly not pleased with his apology being rejected.

"Our brains have switched!" Alaska growled. "If you hadn't meddled with the buttons and tried to get attention like the immature little shit that you are, than maybe I wouldn't suddenly be covered in feathers!" Alaska's words ringed through the silent room, and all eyes turned between her and Mitchell as the young boy began to sniff. Though she didn't want to feel guilty, Alaska couldn't help but feel bad as Mitchell genuinely began to cry: he was fairly sensitive and didn't like being criticized or upset, and Alaska's words were incredibly harsh by his standards.

"Fine then!" He huffed as he grabbed his bag. "Be a big meanie Alaska, see if I care!" Bill raised one of Eevee's paws in an attempt to stop him, but Mitchell was already heading for the door and angrily slammed it shut behind him, making Frances cower on Alaska's shoulder. Bill sighed and gave Alaska a look, and she shrugged her wings.

"I am sorry, I shouldn't have gotten angry, but this is his fault!"

"Pidgeotto Pidge Pidgey," Paige said in a scolding tone, but Alaska didn't notice as she was still amazed to see and hear those words coming from her own lips.

"I would go after him, but I would rather get my brain switched back!" Alaska said, and turned back towards Bill, though was surprised to see the actual man rolling his eyes whilst Bill shuffled one of Eevee's paws against the ground. "What is it now?" Alaska sighed, leaning against the table and putting a wing to her head.

"One of the reasons why my assistant Daisy doesn't like me using all these machines is that the power grid isn't particularly strong," Bill explained awkwardly. "It will take a while to get it going again, but Eevee, well, myself and I will go and examine things and I'll see if my Jolteon can help out."

"What are we supposed to do?" Alaska snapped. She knew coming to this lab would end up going bad, though she hadn't expected this to happen and looked up at herself, seeing Paige's eyes staring out from where her own should be.

"Do whatever you like, but just don't meddle with anything," Bill said. Alaska thought this command was rather amusing as it was coming from the mouth of an Eevee, but her amusement didn't last long and she simply sighed and looked back up at herself and Frances, who seemed rather petrified by all of this.

"Shall we go after Mitchell then?" Alaska said, and Paige nodded her head. "Alright then – you fix the mistake and we'll go and fix mine," Alaska called back to Bill, who simply shook one of Eevee's paws in a 'whatever' sort of motion and disappeared through a side door with his body. Alaska began to hobble forwards to the door, and Paige had managed the basics of walking with a much larger body and wobbled after her, Frances clinging on for dear life. Butterfree was much more capable of getting control of Sandy's body, and scooped herself into Sandy's arm, Sandy still hyperventilating.

"What is your problem?" Alaska asked as Paige tried to open the door but struggled with using hands, and Frances had to shakily crawl down and turn the handle with a claw. Sandy simply continued to breathe deeply, and Butterfree mumbled something to Paige who nodded in agreement. "Alright, don't tell me then!" Alaska tutted, and stepped out of the door once it was open.

Unfortunately for her, the wind had picked up.

Alaska let out a shriek that almost sounded like Paige as a burst of wind struck her. It didn't feel cold, mostly due to Paige's feathers providing insulation from it, but Alaska still felt a sensation as the wind picked her up around her wings and sent her flying. It was the same feeling Alaska had experienced whenever she flew to Johto to visit her aunt and the small plane took off into the sky, but her lurching stomach and spinning body didn't feel that nice and Alaska was pleased when Paige managed to catch her.

"Cheers," Alaska wheezed, shocked by the experience, and even more shocked to find her own hand touching her but not feeling it: it was an eerie sight that would stick with Alaska, but a Pidgeotto was a bit too big to fit in a one hand and Paige put her down on the ground.

"Butter Free Free?" Butterfree asked.

"Hmm….," Alaska said in response, looking around for any sign of Mitchell. He clearly hadn't gone up the cliff, so that left them to turn right and examine the area. "I say we split up and look around the lake and the forest we ran through before. They are really the only places he could have hidden." Paige and Butterfree nodded their respective trainer's heads, but whilst they agreed there was a gulping noise that surprised Alaska.

"Spl-spl-spl-split up?" Sandy said, standing up in her own arms and staring down at Alaska. "We can't possibly sp-split up!" Alaska didn't want to deal with Sandy and her slight insanity at the moment, but she could see Butterfree's big pink eyes shaking with worry, and could even see a slight hint of Sandy's bright green eyes in them.

"Alright, fine," Alaska said with a slight sigh, figuring it was best to just move and find Mitchell before he did something silly, and made a mental note to ask Sandy about things later. "Let's just get moving than, shall we?" Alaska's temper was being pushed to its limits at the moment, and she really just wanted to get things fixed and be over with the bad memory.

"Pidgey Pidge!" Paige said, and Alaska watched in shock as her body suddenly leapt upwards, her arms flapping madly. Alaska's face looked petrified a few moments later, and everyone moved aside as Paige caused her body to crash to the ground, causing Frances to fly off and crash to the ground.

"Paige!" Alaska scolded, kicking angrily at the sand as she squabbled over to check on Frances. The Paras was shaking violently as she got up the right way, and even scuttled in fright as Alaska approached. Paige's face scowled at Alaska's body, was continued to lie in the sand, and Paige raised her hands in apology.

"Free Butter Butter," Butterfree said, and Sandy nodded Butterfree's head.

"I know it's a bit of a change, but I don't have wings sticking out of my back to fly with!" Alaska snapped, but caught Sandy and Butterfree both sniggering as Alaska had flapped Paige's wings in her annoyance, contradicting her point. "NOT USUALLY!" This day was simply getting more annoying, and Alaska was not in a mood. Silently she began to storm off through the grass, expecting the others to follow along behind her. She wasn't going to wait for them, or for anyone else. Alaska was letting too many things get in the way of her journey, and she needed to stay focused on her gym badges. Misty would be waiting at her gym around about now, not that Paige had a watch on her wings, and Alaska didn't want to have to explain to the gym leader, who would already be annoyed with her 'Sorry I'm late, but my brain got switched by that Bill guy.'

"Who even makes a fricking Brain Switching machine anyway?" Alaska yelled, and furiously kicked out with Paige's claws. However, she hadn't realised that she'd been walking towards a patch of long, dark green grass, and was surprised when Paige's claw collided with something.

"BEEEEELLL!" The something cried, and Alaska leapt backwards as the others rushed over. Alaska had no idea what she had walked into, but stared in shock as what appeared to be a large yellow flower rose out of the grass. "SPROOOOOUT!" The thing cried, and Alaska backed off as the yellow bell walked forwards, revealing a body that resembled roots.

"It's a Bellsprout!" Sandy exclaimed, and she rose up from her own arms only to fall and land directly on top of Paige's body. "Oops… sorry!"

"Even with wings you can't help but fall on me, can you?" Alaska grunted, pushing Butterfree's body off with Paige's wings. The thing called a Bellsprout has its weedy arms raised as if going to fight, but the fact that a Pidgeotto and Butterfree had just spoken English seemed to stun it and it froze. Sandy brushed dirt off Butterfree's body before turning towards Alaska and giving her a stern look.

"Apologise to the poor Bellsprout!" She said. "You shouldn't have walked into her!" Alaska didn't particularly want to, but she could see her and Sandy's faces looking stern as well and knew she had no choice and turned towards the shocked Bellsprout.

"Sorry for walking into you. I'm just in a bit of a mood," Alaska said and made Paige's body smile in a clearly forced way. The Bellsprout simply mumbled 'Bell Bell' in a rather confused manner, and Alaska took that as acceptance. "Alright then, let's go!" She said and began walking past the grass, her body following behind her with the petrified Frances.

"Hang on a moment Alaska!" Sandy called out, and Alaska growled as she came to a sudden stop, Paige nearly tripping over her. They all looked back as Butterfree's body moved towards Bellsprout, who still looked stunned by everything. "Bellsprout, have you seen a boy come by here? Light brown hair, white skin, possibly weeping, holding a large bag?" The Bellsprout was still stunned by things and simply blinked in shock.

"Butter Free Free Ter," Butterfree said, which caused Bellsprout to leap up in shock: humans talking in Pokemon was just another big surprise for the Flower Pokemon. However, Butterfree's words seemed to reassure it and help understand what Sandy had said.

"Bellsprout Bell Bell Sprout Bell," Bellsprout said, and moved forwards by flailing her legs in a way that nearly made Alaska laugh, but she held it in as Bellsprout led the way. Everyone quickly followed behind, and Alaska was rather glad they were now making progress. "Sprout Bell," Bellsprout called, stopping by a sign that read 'CERULEAN CITY' and had an arrow pointing in the same direction that Bellsprout's root arm was pointing in.

"That's the path around the lake," Alaska told the others. "Mitchell must be heading back towards the city, so I say we move quickly before he runs off." All heads nodded except for the petrified Frances, and Alaska turned and smiled at Bellsprout. "Thanks for your help," she said, and Bellsprout's large yellow head twisted in a smile. Alaska turned, catching a brief glimpse of the shining blue lake as the wind caused ripples across its surface, before staring down the muddy path towards Cerulean.

But than she stopped.

Alaska could see Mitchell, and felt a brief second of relief to have caught up. However, that faded when she saw the person he was talking to: Chloe, with the rest of the reality group coming up behind. And, just as Alaska began to silently scream in her head and turn around, she saw Mitchell turn and point towards them, and Chloe's triumphant face looked up, her smile growing as if she had just got her mortal enemy in a very weak form.

It possibly wasn't the most exciting thing to start the year with, and the stars appearing has become a drag, yes, but I promise the next part will be much more enjoyable.

Re: How to Conquer Kanto in Eight Easy Steps - Chapter 23

This oughta be good. I hope Alaska figures out how to divebomb humans soon...
THis chapter was kind of what I expected, knowing Alaska, she'd go and scream at Mitchell. Still, the stars arriving was a bit of a shock, and I really want to see how this goes! GOod work!

Chapter Twenty Four: My Monkey, My Enemy, My God….
Re: How to Conquer Kanto in Eight Easy Steps - Chapter 23

Thanks Thundagere :D

@WinterVines@Alaskapigeon

Chapter Twenty Four: My Monkey, My Enemy, My God….

"Shit shit shit, run!" Alaska hissed under her breath, and began flapping Paige's wings desperately to shoo them all away. However, Sandy had walked forwards before Alaska had begun whispering, and didn't know why they were being called back.

"Mitchell's right there Alaska!" She said with a tone that signalled she would have rolled Butterfree's eyes if she could, and Sandy kept moving forwards. However, she froze as soon as she saw Chloe walking briskly forwards, smiling deviously, and Sandy desperately tried to back track so they could all leave, but it was too late.

"Well well well," Chloe cackled as she stared down, wearing the same expression she wore when she had verbally torn into people at their school, "look what the great Alaska Avocado has been reduced to – a meesly little Pidgeotto! HA – where's your fighting spirit now?"

"Pidge Otto Pidgey!" Paige snapped, advancing forwards in Alaska's body but wobbled nervously, simply causing Chloe to laugh loudly. Alaska was proud of Paige for sticking up for Pidgeotto's being insulted, but her bad day was simply getting worse and she didn't want to have to deal with Chloe bloody Carmichael of all people, nor give her the satisfaction of being currently superior.

"Listen Chloe, just piss off," Alaska snapped, trying to sound as angry as possible to make up for currently being feathered, though could see the rest of the crew and Mitchell were coming up behind. "This is just a mistake and I want to get it over with, which means I don't want to deal with you!"

"You don't get to call the shots here!" Chloe snarled though her face remained joyous. "Whose currently the human, eh?" Alaska simply sighed and clutched Paige's head with her wings, wearily looking up. Damian, Lachlan and the camera crew all looked rather shocked, but Amanda was hovering next to them with a look that seemed to say her Christmas had come early, and the words she hissed in the cameraman's ear were clearly 'Get this all on film.'

"I would let you go and deal with this later, but you have been embarrassing me on film for far too long now," Chloe said, a touch of acid creeping into her words now. Alaska had seen this from Chloe before: wearing a smile on her face as she told other girls and boys at the school how they amounted to nothing less than shit on her shoe. Alaska wasn't going to let it get to her, but could still see how Chloe's eyes burned with rage.

"If you don't want to be embarrassed than maybe you should have signed up to a show where you're actually good at what the main task is. I hear that adult channel is starting a new reality show to find the next big porn star – that sounds about right up your alley," Alaska hissed back, and Chloe let out a shriek before kicking out. Her aim meant only dust got in Alaska's eyes, and Paige's body was adapt to ridding things getting in her eyes in mid flight and it was much quicker to blink them out.

"Once again, I'M in the position of power!" Chloe yelled, bending down and glaring directly at Alaska. Her presence was rather intimidating to those that were weak, meaning Sandy was hanging back and not coming to help, while Paige and Butterfree weren't adapt to their current bodies enough to get in a fight. Alaska could see the cameraman was filming things as Amanda beamed deviously and jotted things down on a touch device, nearly blocking Mitchell as he peered at the scene. Alaska was frustrated about how the day was going, and having Chloe shout in her face while everyone else stood back wasn't helping things.

"I am going to battle you now," Chloe continued to growl, "and you are going to fight in a way that suits me this time, alright? I am sick of you defeating me and making me look like a fool, so let's see how you like it!" Alaska was in no mood for a battle, especially as she was currently a Pidgeotto, and wanted to do something to get Chloe off her case and head back to Bill's lab and see if he was done. She wasn't quite sure how to ease things for herself at first, but as Chloe continued to lean over her Alaska got a brilliant idea: it was something that she would never get away with as a human, but as a Pokemon…

"You want to battle me?" Alaska snapped, bending Paige's legs. "How's this for suiting you?" And Alaska sprang up, beak wide open, and before Chloe could react Paige's beak was biting down on her nose.

"AAAAAAAAHHHHH!" Chloe screamed and flung her body upright and shook her body, but Alaska simply chomped down harder and twisted. The sickening crack as Chloe's nose broke was enough to make up for all the annoyance Alaska had gone through today, and she felt pleasure in hearing Paige, Butterfree and Lachlan laughing, as well as the terrified shrieks of Amanda.

"STOP! HER FACE NEEDS TO BE IN PRISTINE CONDITION," the producer yelled. "IT'S ONE OF HER BEST ASSESTS!" Alaska suddenly found the woman's hands grasping around her body, and Chloe stopped spinning and simply cried as Alaska bit down harder on her nose.

"IT HUUUU-HUUU-HUUUURTS!" Chloe whined, and Alaska felt good and jiggled the bone around a bit as Amanda pulled.

"Let go you blasted bitch!" She hissed and squeezed tightly on Paige's midriff. Alaska gasped as she felt her Pokemon's body get squished, making her gasp for air: a Pidgeotto didn't have a tough body like an Onix or Machamp for example, with feathers the only major protection. Amanda continued to squeeze, and the more she did the more Alaska became concerned that her oldest friend could end up with a serious injury to her ribcage. Alaska tried shaking free, but only Paige's wings weren't contained by Amanda's increasingly tight grip, and Alaska would soon be forced to let go of Chloe's nose as she fought for air. She had to fight back against Chloe, but wasn't sure how in Paige's body…

Than it hit her: if Alaska was in Paige's body, did that mean she could control her moves? Alaska had never thought much about what caused Pokemon's moves, but now that she was in this position the thought occurred to her. Did the moves need Paige's brain to control them, or were they more body than mind? Amanda's hands continued to squeeze down on Paige's body, and the cameraman was moving in closer, and Alaska had to act now.

Concentrate on the wings… she thought, and squeezed her eyes in concentration. A sensation rose up on the left side of Paige's body, and Alaska nearly let go of Chloe's nose as she gasped: the power rising up in the wing was almost breathtaking. Alaska could feel the energy in Paige's body, her body, her mind moving towards the wing. It felt orgasmic in a rather strange way, and Alaska savoured the surge as the left wing began to glow silver.

"Alaska Ka Alas," she mumbled mockingly and swung Paige's Silver Wing backwards. Alaska felt like the body was well and truly hers as the wing soared backwards, but gasped as it went for the wrong target: the cameraman had unfortunately gotten too close, possibly urged on by Amanda, but now he couldn't escape in time and could only watch as the wing smashed through the expensive piece of equipment. The Steel Wing was powerful, and the camera stood no chance: it shattered into two large pieces, with one of them being tossed by the force of the wing. Amanda screamed and let go of Paige's body in order to raise her hands, the camera smashing into them. Alaska had a seemingly sick sense of pleasure at the pain being caused, but need to draw air in and opened Paige's beak to breath, allowing Chloe to flee.

"Are you alright?" Damian said, walking forwards and looking concerned. However, Chloe simply screamed and cried, blood streaming down her nose. Alaska thumped to the ground and looked up, beginning to feel bad and wondering if she had gone too far this time. She looked up at Amanda, though the producer was uninjured and simply furious, and than Alaska faced her friends. The Bellsprout seemed rather stunned by things, but Sandy, Butterfree and her own face simply looked normal.

"Did I possibly take things a few notches too high?" Alaska asked sheepishly, but Sandy shook Butterfree's head.

"It may have been a bit gruesome, but Chloe was being horrible to you," she said, "so I think she can live with the pain a bit." Alaska felt more reassured after this and turned back towards the stars: the boom operator was wiping the blood away from Chloe's nose, which seemed to have not been broken after all and Alaska had simply bitten down on the less bony part of her nose. However, Chloe was furious all the same.

"KILL HER, THROW HER IN THE LAKE!" She roared, staring more at Damian and Lachlan as she spoke. "DEFEAT HER FOR ME!" Alaska tutted at the way she was ordering them all around and wanted to give her a piece of her mind. However, Damian and Lachlan were exchanging looks, and Amanda was silently scowling at them, the look on her eyes enough to cause pressure: clearly, one of the boys was expected to come forth and battle Alaska.

"You can defend honour as much as you like, but there ain't no camera to prove it," Alaska snapped. She still didn't fancy a battle, especially now that they would probably fight rather viciously. However, Damian gave Chloe a gentle pat on the back and walked towards them. Paige and Butterfree moved their trainers bodies forwards to defend them, but Damian raised his hands in a sort of surrender before getting down on one knee.

"Alaska, if one of us doesn't battle you, than it will be bad for us and even worse for you," he whispered so no one else could hear, and Alaska noted some genuine fear in his voice. "Let's just have a brief one-on-one battle, and than we can move on Amanda can just accept it." Alaska was stunned to hear him talk about it being bad for him as well, and wondered if Amanda had been threatening them over Alaska. She didn't want Damian or Lachlan to get hurt unnecessarily, as they had always seemed a lot nicer than Chloe, and she gave Paige's head a brief nod.

"Come on Frances, let's battle!" Alaska called as Damian moved backwards to mark out a field. However, as Alaska turned Paige's body to face her, the Paras clambered down Alaska's back, staring out with a terrified look: clearly the battle with Clefairy hadn't improved her confidence as much as Alaska had hoped, and facing off against Damian seemed to have her frightened.

"You aren't going to be able to use Paige, well, yourself, to battle," Sandy pointed out, and Alaska nodded grimly: there was only one choice for this battle, and she wasn't happy about it.

"Paige, would you mind sending Darwin out please?" Alaska asked, and Chloe let out a short laugh before moaning with pain and clutching her nose. Alaska grinned to herself as Paige used Alaska's hands to reach into and grab Darwin's PokeBall. It seemed that, similar to how Alaska had used Paige's moves, Alaska's fingerprints still activated the PokeBall, sending the Mankey out onto the field. Alaska turned around as he began to form, and could see Amanda was smiling once more and whispering to the boom operator. Lachlan stood by Mitchell, who still looked upset, and Alaska realised that if she ignored everyone and let him run off she might not be in this mess, facing Darwin as Damian sent his Charmander onto the field.

Though Alaska hadn't shared these thoughts with Sandy or Paige, she had written in her blog briefly about her concerns about Darwin. She was beginning to notice his impulses and seeming desperation for battling and have a strong fight, and was wondering if at some point Darwin would begin to get too strong for her liking.

"Alright Darwin, let's just make this short and sweet, alright?" Alaska called out. Darwin turned around, staring down at Paige's body looking immensely confused. "I'll explain later," Alaska said irritably, "but just defeat the bloody Charmander so we can go home."

"Key Man Man?" Darwin said, a slight smile crossing his face as he stared down at Alaska: his long springy legs meant he was taller than Paige, and Alaska didn't like where this was going.

"Just turn around and focus!" She snapped and looked towards Damian. He was standing there silently, as was his Charmander, ignoring the shrieks coming from Chloe with suggestions of what to do to Alaska. For once, Alaska was stunned to see that a member of the reality crew actually appeared focused and organised on the battle itself rather than simply on thoughts of victory.

"This battle is an one on one," the cameraman said, his tool now in a large plastic bag and was resorting to using Amanda's hand held device to film. "First Pokemon to faint loses – go!"

"Karate Chop, go!" Alaska shouted.

"Dragon Rage," Damian commanded calmly. Darwin instantly jumped forwards, a hand raised above his head ready to bring it down on Charmander's head. However, the Fire type moved quickly, opening his mouth wide as a ball of purple fire formed.

"CHAR!" He yelled, the ball flying forwards. Darwin was going to get hit directly unless he moved and fell into the lake or hit the raised ground next to them, or somehow stopped the move. Alaska was pleased when the Mankey brought his hand down, ready to cut through the attack and then struike Charmander. However, as Darwin hit the Dragon Rage, everyone on Alaska's side gasped as the ball of fire erupted.

"MAN MAN!" Darwin yelled, the force of the explosion knocking him backwards and caused Alaska to flap Paige's wings and fly a metre away to avoid getting hit.

"Are you alright?" Alaska asked nervously. Darwin was clutching his sides and rubbing his head, sitting in the middle of the dirt and looked grumpy. He leapt back to his feet without replying to Alaska and stared angrily over at Charmander. "I know it must not feel good for a weaker Pokemon to nearly defeat you, but you need to focus on defeating him! Go in for another Karate Chop, alright?"

"Brick Break, aim for his legs," Damian commanded, and everyone watched as Charmander began to run forwards looking fairly determined as he raised his arm up. He had proven to be a bit of a threat and Alaska wanted Darwin to wrap things up quickly, but was stunned to see he hadn't moved.

"Darwin, I gave you an order!" Alaska said sternly, her mind racing as she realised her fears were coming true. Darwin simply shook a hand to tell her to stop talking, and Alaska turned and looked at the others, and saw they were as shocked as she was.

"Ha ha, looks like someone isn't doing a very good job!" Chloe sneered, her jeer muffled by the ice pack covering her nose. Alaska was annoyed that Darwin was making her look bad and ignoring her orders, and wondered why he was when Charmander was coming up so close…

"KEY MAN!" Darwin suddenly shrieked, and he pounced forwards with his arms outstretched. Charmander had already gone down to aim for his legs, and suddenly had the Mankey rising over him. Alaska gasped as Darwin grabbed Charmander's middle with both hands as he began to land on one leg, and than raised him up and spun.

"I said Karate Chop, not Seismic Toss!" Alaska yelled, but Darwin ignored her as he spun Charmander around. Damian, Lachlan, Mitchell and the crew all looked shocked, while Amanda seemed furious at this move. Suddenly, Darwin stopped and let Charmander go: he flung through the air and crashed into the shallow parts of Cerulean Lake, thankfully only skidding through mud and not getting his tail caught in the water.

"What were you thinking?" Alaska cried as everyone else fell silent. "Charmander's can die if their flames go out, do you know that?" Darwin once again wasn't listening, and Alaska could only watch as he suddenly leapt forwards, fist glowing yellow with electricity. The cameraman was too stunned to stop things, and Damian, who had been moving forwards to check on Charmander, froze in his footsteps.

"MAAAAAN!" Darwin yelled and leapt over the mud, moving forwards and driving his ThunderPunch into Charmander.

"MANDER CHAR CHAAAAR!" Charmander yelled as he was blasted back onto dry land by the force of the punch and the electricity affecting the water around him. All eyes followed as Charmander crashed onto the ground with a loud thud, and rolled over before coming to a stop by the cameraman's feet. Silence fell between them, with everyone in Alaska's line of vision staring at Charmander looking purely shocked.

"Charmander is unconscious – Alaska and her Mankey are the winners," the cameraman said, still staring at Charmander, and he slowly lowered the device down to his side. For a single second Alaska was glad to have won, but that victorious feeling disappeared as she looked up at Damian's shocked expression and guilt rose up instead: he had offered to battle to make things easier for her, and in return Darwin had nearly killed his starter. Alaska glanced over at the Mankey to see he looked rather pleased with himself as he squelched through the muddy water.

"Darwin, what the hell –," Alaska began to scold; marching forwards on Paige's talons, but froze in surprise as Darwin began to glow. Everyone turned around as Darwin's arms and legs thickened, his tail shooting back inside his body. His main body seemed to grow as well, and Alaska watched the evolution, unsure wheter to be happy or worried with her misbehaving Pokemon getting stronger.

"PRIIIIIIIMEEEE!" Darwin shouted as the light faded, revealing the Mankey had grown into a Primeape, with shaggier fur, boxing glove like hands and a short stumpy tail sticking out of his back. Alaska put on a happy face as Darwin walked forwards, and was partially excited but secretly concerned: some Pokemon were more difficult to train once they evolved and got stronger, so what if her new Primeape became reluctant to obey her?

"Congratulations!" Alaska said, allowing Darwin to scoop Paige's body up and rush towards the others, his arms outstretched. Alaska and Sandy's faces both looked considerably concerned, clearly still shocked by the battle, but Butterfree's face was full of happiness as Sandy saw the evolution as good news.

"That was a fantastic job!" She said, and Darwin pulled her in and hugged both her and Alaska, nearly squeezing their brains right back out. Alaska relaxed a bit now that Darwin was so happy, and was beginning to feel good when she heard clapping from behind. Darwin turned around to face Amanda strutting forwards, doing the sarcastic slow clap Alaska had seen in so many movies. The producer didn't look angry, more with a bored irritated look as if her peace was being interrupted by something buzzing overhead. Alaska noticed Damian had brought his Charmander back and was looking at her with a strange look that tugged at Alaska was some reason, but she had to focus on Amanda and stared at her determinedly.

"Congratulations indeed: I am so pleased you got an evolution through such shady methods," Amanda purred, coming to a halt. "I do hope you are proud of that battle, and the fact you just attacked one of my stars."

"Excuse me?" Alaska snapped back. "Need I remind you of those Clefairy you killed back at Mt Moon, not that you need it after that little jab with Miss Nose-Job over there back on the bridge. So don't even try and pull some little 'oh, feel bad' guilt trip on me unless you want some real trouble." Amanda raised an eyebrow and took another step forward.

"Miss Acevedo, I think I know a few more ways to deal pain than you do," she said, her tone threatening and not matching her devious looking eyes. Alaska thought back to Damian's comments earlier and decided that Amanda needed a lesson in not intimidating people. An idea quickly formed in her mind, and Alaska used Paige's wings to get free of Darwin's hold.

"You don't scare my Amanda, and I can very easily show how capable I am," she hissed, and jumped into the air with her eyes shutting, forcing Paige's body to spin. She concentrated with all her might as she continued to spin, and Alaska began to feel that same powerful feeling engulfing her once more, but this time covering Paige's entire body and moving all around. There were screams, and Alaska hoped it was from the Twister rising up around her. However, Alaska didn't realise what it was until it hit her…

Something powerful coursed through Alaska's mind, something so strong that her eyes opened and Paige's body stopped spinning, but this thing kept her upright: it was blue electricity that covered her entire body, and Alaska could feel the shock waves coursing through her brain. It was the same pain she had felt only a short time ago, and Alaska was glad to finally be free…

For a few moments Alaska blacked out, though she could still feel the painful electricity surging through, and it felt as if her brain was about to explode. Alaska's mind spun around and around and she temporarily felt airless before spinning once more, though it slowly began to die down. Alaska felt more familiar, and she opened her eyes suddenly to find blue sky high above and the Bellsprout peering over her.

"Bell!" Bellsprout cried as Alaska shot up, but she ignored her as she looked forward and beamed: Darwin was a few metres in front, and as he moved around in shock, Alaska saw Paige lying on the ground.

"YES, IT WORKED!" Alaska yelled and she made to move forwards and hug Paige, but suddenly noticed something clinging to her arm and looked down. "Oh – sorry Frances!" She cried, staring down at the nervous Paras and realised that when their brains switched back, Alaska's body must have fallen and nearly crushed the poor little thing.

"Par Par Para," Frances mumbled shakily, and once Alaska was certain she was alright she rushed towards Paige, who was beginning to get to her talons and rub her head with her wings.

"Pidgey Ot Pidge Otto," Paige grumbled as Alaska scooped her up.

"Hey, my body is perfectly healthy, thank you very much!" Alaska snapped back, but there was a smile on her face and she hugged her friend tightly.

"MAN!" Darwin yelled and piled on top, and Alaska began to laugh as Sandy rushed forwards with a high pitched squeal, already hugging an unimpressed looking Butterfree and joined in. Alaska had no idea how the electricity had managed to reach them from this far away from the lab, but she didn't want to look back, simply keep moving forwards and focus on the path ahead. Being in her Pokemon's body had been a very interesting experience, and Alaska was actually glad for it: she had seen things from a different angle, even if for only a short time, and having this meeting with the reality stars simply highlighted the fact they were a major blockage in her quest, and though they had inspired it she needed to ignore them.

"I don't see why you bothered switching back," a voice snapped from outside the giant group hug, and Alaska looked up as Chloe walked forwards, Amanda still standing behind looking a bit shell shocked. "Frankly Avacado, you looked better as a bird!" Alaska simply rolled her eyes and pushed out from the hug. She wanted to tie up these loose ends and push the stars aside for the time being, and decided it was best to leave them with something to remember her by.

"You know what Chloe," Alaska said, standing a few feet in front. "Fuck you," she spat out, and Chloe looked rather stunned. "Fuck you, fuck your producer, and fuck your entire fucking show. I really don't give a crap about you people anymore, and even though I should battle you more often as it seems to do wonders to my Pokemon's confidence to defeat such pathetically trained opponents, I have bigger things to deal with then some future $5 stripper and a middle aged hag who probably hasn't seen anything below a man's neck that wasn't on TV." In the background Damian looked stunned, but Lachlan, Mitchell and the crew were trying hard not to laugh, and Alaska felt fairly satisfied as she smiled widely at Chloe's opened jawed expression.

"You bitch!" The blonde hissed, and she raised a fist up above her head. However, Alaska had been expecting something and lashed out: her own fist struck Chloe's already injured nose and the reality star toppled backwards. Her arms flailed as she tried to balance herself and they clasped around Amanda's neck. The producer and her star collectively screamed as Chloe dragged them down towards the lake. Sandy gasped whilst Paige cheered as the two splattered down into the mud, Chloe even skidding down towards the water. Alaska wanted to whoop and cheer and flipped the Pidgey at them and kick more mud in their faces, but she decided to take a more dignified approach and turned smiling back towards the others, seeing the Bellsprout had come alongside Sandy and looked shocked as well, but the others were all laughing and cheering at their demise.

"Come on you lot," Alaska said, her glee creeping out into her face and voice, "I feel like a proper battle – anyone up to fighting Misty?"

Hopefully you found that more eventful than the last part! This is the last we will see of the reality stars for the time being until well after Vermillion City

Chapter Twenty Five: The Water's Fiery Mistress
Re: How to Conquer Kanto in Eight Easy Steps - Chapter 24

Here we go: another gym battle! Strap in, because it is a long and bumpy ride!

Chapter Twenty Five: The Water's Fiery Mistress

"Ooooh, back again are we? I thought you would have at least been on time – Miss Misty is not very happy with you, but you'll see for yourself, won't you?"

"Oh shut up!" Alaska snapped at the robotic voice as it began laughing at her, and she strutted determinedly into the Cerulean Gym, well aware how angry Misty would be and knowing that the reason why she was late wasn't exactly the best or most believable story.

It had been nearly half an hour since switching back, but Alaska and Sandy both seemed to have trouble walking. The switch had given them both headaches as well, though they had managed to numb them off during a short lay over in the Pokemon Center as they healed their Pokemon, including the Bellsprout that had pointed them towards Mitchell in the first place: Sandy didn't want to leave it behind once Amanda and Chloe extracted themselves from the mud, knowing the producers history will lashing out at Pokemon, so the pair now had six Pokemon between them. Sandy offered her to Alaska to use during the battle, but Alaska wanted to stick with her own Pokemon and get a feel for them rather than using someone else's. Darwin and Frances both had moves that were of a type advantage, but as Paige had just been through an ordeal, Alaska decide to focus on taming Darwin and using the strength gained from evolution and have Frances on the sidelines for back-up, fingers crossed she would be up for it.

Paige and Butterfree needed longer to heal, but once everyone else had been topped up Alaska decided to go ahead to the gym. She felt a bit more confident for this one: Alaska had a good team and she knew they could do wonders, and had a good feeling that this battle would go well. Sandy kept rattling on about support and some moves and how she and Bellsprout would cheer on the sidelines, but Alaska kept her mind focused entirely on the battle as they approached the blue reflective glass that made up the Cerulean Gym.

After snapping at the disembodied voice, Alaska and Sandy stepped through the sliding glass doors, which now operated, and stepped forth into the world. Instantly Alaska stepped in a puddle, but her mind was focused more on the gym around here than beneath her: the gym did look a lot like a public swimming pool. There were benches on either side of them and on the opposite wall, painted a lovely blue and provided enough seating to fit the entire town three times over. Alaska had read that Misty and her gym trainers sometimes put on water shows for the town, and she noticed large television screens around the gym to provide a view of the world below. The rest of the gym was rather bland, with areas marked off for changing rooms for both genders, an office for Misty, a staff room, a spa and relaxation area and an events section.

The main attraction, of course, was the pool several metres in front of them. It was currently empty, allowing the still water to sparkle and reflect the glass and the large hanging lights overhead. Though there were several sections marked out for special classes held by Misty, the majority of the pool was open with the only divisions came from large ropes with plastic bits on them to mark out lanes. Alaska couldn't see any sign of a place to battle on. She was about to point this out to Sandy when a door slammed somewhere in the building, echoing around the high ceiling.

"Well well well, look who finally showed up!" A voice snapped, and the two girls turned around as Misty strutted out from her office, accompanied by two girls in blue and white swimsuits with 'Cerulean Gym' on the back. Misty herself was wearing a light blue swimsuit made of a more reflective, plasticy material that reflected the light, and her ginger hair hang around her shoulders dripping wet. It was quite strange for noise to suddenly be around them as the rest of the gym was empty, and Misty's footsteps echoed as she stepped through the puddles that had formed around the edge of the pool.

Alaska would have liked to have been as brave and tough as she usually was, but she was slightly afraid to be on the wrong end of a gym leader scorned. They were strong trainers that had powerful reputations and were idolized within their own cities and abroad: they could do whatever they wanted as long as it was legal (or so Alaska hoped) and she knew that Misty would take no mercy in their battle after having her date interrupted.

"You know, if you went to all that trouble to come and bother me, you could at least have managed to make it on time," Misty growled as she walked around the edge of the pool, staring directly across. Alaska glanced over and saw she was walking towards her end of the pool they would be battling on, so she and Sandy began to move to the right, their eyes not leaving the red head.

"We were held up," Alaska called out. "I would have liked to be have been here earlier, but Bill wanted to talk to me, and than this machine activated and –,"

"Brain switch?" Misty asked, and began to laugh as Alaska's eyes bulged in shock. "It is unfortunate to say that many people have gone there, and many of them end up pressing the button on that machine. I myself have had dealings with it, but that's for another time." Alaska was intrigued by this, and hoped that the shared experience would lessen the tension, but once Misty's laughter died she went back to scowling, still annoyed over the date. Sandy hadn't been shocked at all by Misty's comments, and simply scowled back at her as if Misty had personally insulted her.

"I would have come straight here after we got switched back, but than I wanted to heal my Pokemon, and I only have two of them here," Alaska said, and Misty scoffed.

"Only two Pokemon? Please – I expect most trainers to at least have four on them when they arrive here," she tutted and laughed shrilly. Alaska began to get annoyed and scowled back at her, annoyed at constantly having her lack of Pokemon pointed out to her. "Oh well, if your going to limit me than I will settle for two then," Misty said with a false sigh. "All the better to defeat you with, I guess."

"Why don't you cut the chat and start battling then?" Sandy snapped. Alaska was not sure why Sandy disliked the gym leader so much, but had to admire her spirit as Misty raised an eyebrow whilst giving a slight nod.

"As you wish," she said, and moved towards her spot, waving to her assistants. "The battle will be two on two and fought in this pool. I will send first and move first. The winner will be whoever has the last Pokemon standing after the opponent's two have fainted, agreed?"

"Agreed," Alaska said instantly. She was eager to do this battle and was ready to get it over with, and was willing to take whatever rules came her way to prove herself. She pulled a Poke and Great Ball from her bag before passing it over to Sandy.

"Make sure you crush her," Sandy said in an uncharacteristically vicious tone, and Alaska wasn't sure wheter to be shocked or start laughing, but nodded in appreciation and moved forwards. As she stared at the pool, wondering if her Pokemon were meant to balance on the plastic covered ropes, there was a whirring sound. She looked up and saw the assistants were standing by a control panel. Alaska watched as the ropes moved to the side, leaving a large space the size of an average battle field. Than, there was another whirr as six large rubber platforms floated to the surface.

"I was wondering how my Pokemon were meant to fight," Alaska laughed, but Misty simply rolled her eyes. Two platforms moved towards the trainers, and Alaska was surprised to see Misty step onto one. She glanced at the assistants and they nodded, and Alaska leapt cautiously onto the mat. It sunk as she stood on it, water sloshing up into her shoes, but it quickly rebalanced and began floating forwards. Alaska was rather cautious to be leaving the safety of the ground: she did enjoy swimming whenever she got a chance to, but being in the middle of a pool when Darwin was battling… not the most reassuring thing.

The two platforms holding the competitors finally stopped moving, stopping several metres away from the other four platforms arranged in a square spot, not moving as the water remained still. One assistant moved forwards to the middle to referee the battle, while the other stayed by the control box for some reason.

"Are you ready?" The assistant asked, and both girls nodded. "Release your Pokemon!"

"With pleasure," Misty said, and she threw a Great Ball that had been fully coloured in blue onto the platform nearest her. There was the usually burst of light as the energy spiralled out, forming a brown star with a golden and bejewelled centre.

"Ah Staryu, interesting," Alaska said with a nod, though was secretly shocked and annoyed: it would most likely have Psychic moves, making a Primeape a risky Pokemon to use. However, it was Alaska's only hope at the moment, and she reluctantly sent Darwin onto another platform.

"Ape Prime Ape Ape!" He shouted, his shrill cry echoing around, and Alaska noticed a glint in Misty's eyes that possibly confirmed her theories of a Psychic move in the midst. She just hoped Darwin still had his Mankey abilities, and mentally gasped as Alaska realised she probably should have checked Darwin's current capabilities before sending him into battle.

"Begin!" The assistant yelled as Alaska swore loudly in her head.

"Water Pulse to start with!" Misty yelled, and her Staryu's jewel began to glow blue.

"Jump to another platform and use ThunderPunch!" Alaska shouted, forcing herself to focus on the battle at hand. She watched as Staryu fired rings of water from its jewel with a strange cry, but Darwin bent his knees and bounded up into the sky. Alaska was delighted and for a moment thought he had made it, but gasped as the bottom of the rings, which were growing, struck his right foot.

"APE!" Darwin yelled as he began to spiral through the year. It looked as if he was going to crash into the water, but Alaska clapped slightly as Darwin instead used the spin to propel himself forwards, rising up a fist glowing yellow and smashed it down. Staryu had tried to dodge, but the ThunderPunch struck right on and sent her flying into the sky. Misty looked annoyed while Alaska simply clapped, glad things were fine for the moment.

"Use that momentum for a Rapid Spin!" Misty yelled, and it was Alaska's turn to tut: the move was Normal, meaning it was unlikely to do any major damage to a Fighting type like Darwin, though Misty must have a reason for using it.

"Hit back with ThunderPunch, don't let her get any advantage on us," Alaska yelled. She was calming down about the battle, seeing how Darwin had escaped the Water Pulse with minimal damage and gotten an excellent hit in. Staryu began to fly back towards them, spinning so quickly it was simply a brown and gold blur. Darwin was poised on the platform ready to strike, but it wasn't until the last moment that Alaska saw neither of his fists were glowing yellow.

"PRIME!" Darwin shouted, raising one hand open wide and standing on one leg. Staryu thudded into his fist and pushed him backwards, but Darwin began to spin around, using Staryu's spinning and forward momentum to make an ultimate Seismic Toss.

"DARWIN, WHAT ARE YOU DOING?" Alaska yelled, but simply got ignored as Darwin threw Staryu onto a rubber platform. The force was so strong that the platform sunk nearly a metre and moved to the side, Staryu nearly skidding off but managing to come to a halt just in time.

"You should really sort that Primeape out," Misty called, wearing a slight smirk. "You may get lucky sometimes but you won't know when something will go wrong." Alaska merely grunted, staring angrily at Darwin as he bounced onto several platforms, moving so rapidly that he barely stood on them for more than a few seconds. "Anyway, back to the battle! Staryu, let's go with… Swift."

"ThunderPunch this time, alright?" Alaska yelled, though Darwin's bouncing made it so she didn't know if he had listened or not. Staryu got to her feet and her jewel glowed, stars beginning to rise out. Alaska knew Swift would actually hit Darwin as it could never miss, but wondered when Darwin was going to stop jumping.

"APE!" Darwin sad, almost in answer, and landed directly in front of Staryu. The stars smacked into his furry body, doing minimal damage due to the type advantage, and Alaska was actually quite impressed as Darwin's movements, but saw that, once again, he didn't seem to be preparing a ThunderPunch. "Ape Prime Prime," Darwin sniggered, and he suddenly chopped down on the platform in front.

"Yu Yu Star Star," Staryu exclaimed, and Alaska, Misty, Sandy and the assistants all gasped as the rubber platform burst cleanly into two. Darwin leapt backwards onto the rubber covered ropes as the two sides sank forwards, and causing an unstable Staryu to fall directly into the water.

"DARWIN!" Alaska shouted in shock as everyone else fell silent, staring at the destroyed platform. "You can't just destroy things in this gym! Listen to me and this battle could have already been over!" Darwin shrugged his muscly arms as he balanced on the rope, and Alaska began to worry once more: he had the strength and he had the skill, but what if she never managed to control him.

"Destruction of gym property, tut tut," Misty growled. "Staryu will just have to work harder to defeat you! Water Pulse!" Alaska was tempted to call Darwin back and be over with him, but gasped as he suddenly bounced forwards off the rope, not even waiting to get an order to ignore.

"PRIMEY!" He yelled, and a yellow blur showed he was finally using ThunderPunch. Everyone watched as his fist slammed into the water above Staryu, managing to strike the Star Shape Pokemon but doing a lot more: there was a flash and a crackle, followed by a shockwave that ripped through the pool. Alaska screamed as the rubber mat tilted, and she wobbled her arms furiously to keep herself afloat. All of the water was moving and shaking now, but Misty, with years of experience, remained still, and Darwin had expertly landed on another mat. Staryu, however, was floating face down on the rippling surface.

"Staryu is unable to battle," the assistant cried. Misty had a scowl on her face as she brought back Staryu and pulled another completely blue Great Ball from her pockets. Alaska was afraid her clothes would end up erupting into flames with the nasty look coming her way and turned angrily to face the smiling Darwin.

"Listen to my commands for now on, alright?" She said sternly, and Darwin gave a slight nod, though a grin was wide on his face so Alaska wasn't sure.

"GO ALASKA!" Sandy yelled from the side, and Alaska turned and smiled at her, noticing that Bellsprout was alongside shaking her skinny limbs to match Sandy's cheering.

"Congratulations on defeating Staryu, but it'll take more than your psychotic monkey and a measly cheer squad to defeat my second Pokemon," Misty scowled, but it quickly softened to a grin as she threw the Great Ball onto the platform opposite Darwin. Alaska wondered what sort of ferocious Water beast it was going to be, but was slightly stunned when the energy only formed at a height below her legs. The Pokemon was yellow with a cream bill, and its webbed hands were clutching its head. Alaska paused, wondering if Misty was joking, before beginning to snort with laughter.

"A Psyduck?" She said, clutching her sides and nearly falling down onto the soaking platform. "Are you serious?" Misty went back to her scowl, but Alaska didn't care as she continued to laugh. The Psyduck stared at Darwin with a rather confused look, and the Primeape began to laugh as well. Alaska knew Psyducks had a long history of not being particularly bright and constantly getting headaches, and was stunned that Misty had chosen this for her saving Pokemon.

"Let's see how hard you laugh after we've used Confusion!" Misty snapped. Alaska was laughing so hard she didn't notice, but caught a brief glimpse of Psyduck's eyes glowing pink before Primeape was blasted backwards. The great furry beast crashed into the water with a humungous splash that sent Alaska's platform shaking, and by the time she was stable Alaska looked down to see Darwin was thrashing and flailing his limbs, trying hard to breathe.

"The platform is right there!" Alaska cried, but quickly realised what was wrong: the Confusion would have left a secondary effect, and now Darwin was too confused that he couldn't even make it to his platform, making him a sitting, … well, thrashing target.

"I wasn't expect him to get Confused so suddenly, but what an added bonus," Misty said with a laugh.

"What if he drowns?" Alaska cried, stunned at this move and wondered if Misty regularly did this, yet she simply laughed at the question.

"If he drowns it'll be his own fault," Misty sneered, "but we'll put him out of his misery if you want: Psybeam, go!"

"Psy Duck Duck," Psyduck said in a purely nerdy voice, and rainbow coloured circles appeared out of his eye. They shaped over the platform Darwin had been standing on and quickly struck the flailing Primeape. Alaska was shocked and tried to think of a move to use, but there was nothing Darwin could do to get himself out of the water, and the Psychic attack simply hit him head on. Misty clapped with delight as Darwin was forced under, only a few seconds later to pop back up face down.

"Primeape is unable to battle," the assistant declared, and Alaska reluctantly brought him back. Though two Psychic moves would be difficult to avoid, she had hoped Darwin's powerful ThunderPunch could have been put to more use. But as Misty praised Psyduck, Alaska quickly swapped PokeBalls and grabbed a Great Ball.

"GO GO FRANCES!" Sandy yelled from the stands, matched with a chorus of "Bell Bell Bell!" from Bellsprout, and Alaska felt a bit relieved as Frances formed on the platform in front. The smile faltered though as she looked at the size of Frances and the size of the platform she was on, and wondered if this was a risky move.

"Para Par Paras?" Frances said, looking around at all the sights around her and scuttling nervously around in circles before finally seeing Alaska. Her eyes were wide with shock and Alaska felt bad, but she got down on one knee, ignoring the water seeping through her jeans, and leant towards her platform.

"I know you can do this," she said with a smile. "You have good moves and you are powerful, so it will be easy for you to wipe the floor with this pathetic Psyduck." Frances simply nodded at this, but didn't look entirely reassured as she turned back around.

"A Bug and Grass type, eh?" Misty said, her smile disappearing and a serious look going back on her face. "Good combination for facing off my Psyduck, but a type advantage won't save you now!"

"We'll see," Alaska said with a smile, deciding to stay confident for Frances' sake.

"I guess we shall," Misty retorted. "Aqua Tail!" Psyduck nodded and walked directly into the water, letting go of his head in order to allow him to swim across. Only now did Alaska see it would be impossible for Frances to move platforms, and crossed her fingers that things went well.

"Grab the tail with a Metal Claw and hold on tight!" Alaska yelled. Frances nodded, and Psyduck suddenly leapt out on the water in front, making the Paras jump. He began to descend with his small tail glowing blue and growing slightly.

"Psy Psy," he said, and Alaska gasped as it looked for a moment that Frances was in too big of a shock at the idea of being crushed by a duck to do anything. However, almost in the last second, a glowing silver claw shot up and grasped down onto the tail. Psyduck screeched as he landed, his weight pushing Frances backwards towards the end as she struggled to hold on, but succeeded in stopping the attack.

"Shake her off and use Confusion!" Misty shouted.

"Hit him with a Bullet Seed in the back of the head!" Alaska cried, pleased but not yet ecstatic at how things were going. Frances was so terrified about getting attacked and having the Psyduck on the end of her claw that she quickly fired the glowing green seeds from her mouth.

"DUCK DUCK DUCK!" Psyduck shouted as Frances let go, allowing the seeds to push him forwards. Alaska was pleased the attack had hit him in the head, hopefully giving him a headache, but cursed as Psyduck fell straight off the edge of the platform and splashed into the water: Frances wouldn't be able to hit him underwater, and she even began to look terrified at the fact he had gone. Misty seemed to have noticed this and smiled.

"Use Psybeam on the platform and knock it off!" She shouted. Alaska needed to do something, and quickly began to think of all of Frances' moves and all possible strategies.

"Fire a Stun Spore into the water and see if it hits!" Alaska cried. Frances gave a nervous nod and moved towards the edge, her mushrooms shaking as she prepared to release the yellow flakes. However, before Frances could the entire platform was lifted up into the air.

"PARAAAAA!" Frances squealed as the platform sped up towards the lights.

"HANG ON!" Alaska shouted, thinking for a second that Frances was going to crash into the lights. However, the platform paused for barely a second before beginning to topple back down. It began to tip and Alaska gasped as Frances slid to the side, clinging desperately onto the side, yellow Stun Spore flakes rising up as she released them in fright. Alaska wanted to look away, but couldn't tear her eyes away and watched in shock as the platform struck the water, the force tearing Frances away from the platform. Alaska's heart sank as her Paras disappeared into the pool, into a territory where she had no advantage. There was a flicker in the corner of her eyes, and Alaska turned to see the television screens had turned on, revealing a squirming Frances as she sank and a calm looking Psyduck.

"The gym rules state that once both sides have a Pokemon beneath the surface the cameras can come on to see what is happening," the assistant refereeing explained to Alaska's confused look, and Alaska simply nodded.

"So, still think Psyduck is a silly Pokemon?" Misty called almost triumphantly, her smile wide enough you could land a plane on it. Alaska didn't want to let her get to her and simply shrugged, shrinking the grin. "Well, we'll see how well your little Paras goes under water! Hit her with a Water Pulse!"

"Spin and unleash a Stun Spore, than try and swim towards him," Alaska yelled. She began looking between the screens and the rippling water, trying to get a feel for how things were going. Psyduck had released the Water Pulse, the rings moving swiftly through the water and towards Frances as she struggled to move. Alaska gasped as the biggest of them washed over her and Frances silently wailed under the thick blanket of water, but she felt better once she saw yellow particles swirling through the water, Frances using the rings to give her a spin. What's more, Psyduck didn't seem to have noticed them and swam straight into a burst.

"YES!" Alaska cried, beginning to get excited once again. Misty cursed as Psyduck stopped swimming, unable to due to the paralysis sweeping through his body.

"You may have got him stiff, but that doesn't mean you've won yet!" She yelled. "Use your mind and use Confusion!"

"Swim over there and grab onto his neck with Metal Claw!" Alaska yelled, a plan loosely forming. Frances had stopped spinning and was doing her best to try and swim, but luckily had six legs and two huge claws to use in aiding her way forwards that no human had, and Alaska was stunned at her speed as she moved forwards. Psyduck looked towards her with a glowing pink glare and a ripple through the water showed the Psychic energy moving forwards, but Frances' Bug typing allowed the attack to simply wash over her and she continued to kick forwards looking only slightly tired.

"YOU CAN DO IT FRANCES!" Sandy screamed as Frances reached the paralyzed Psyduck, who was unable to swim away. Her claws both glowed silver and grabbed onto Psyduck, and Alaska cheered as the Duck Pokemon squirmed and flailed as much as his paralyzed body allowed. It simply proved Frances did have a lot of strength in her once she was able to access it, and Alaska couldn't be happier.

"Beat the thing off with a Psybeam!" Misty screeched, her voice echoing around the glassed building and showing she was close to loosing it, which couldn't have made Alaska any happier.

"Bullet Seed from point blank range!" Alaska yelled. Frances moved was able to move faster and quickly scaled up onto Psyduck's bill. It seemed she was taking the point blank range to heart, or was simply enjoying being the superior one for once, but Frances turned directly to Psyduck's head and fired the seeds. Psyduck's shocked expression was clearly visible on the screen and Alaska clapped and cheered in delight as he was barraged by the glowing green seeds. However, she didn't notice the fact his eyes were glowing a rainbow colour and his face was beginning to look angry…

"DUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!" Psyduck yelled, the noise breaking through the water. There was some sort of Psychic shockwave that stopped Alaska's laughter and Sandy's cheering, and suddenly the water around them exploded. A tower of clear water rose up into the air, sending the two halves of the destroyed platform hurtling across the pool and crashing through the ropes. Alaska screamed as the entire pool seemed to be dragged up by the explosion, and she clung tightly onto the sides of the platform as it rocked violently.

"What the hell is this?" She cried, feeling the chain that was used to move it being pushed to its limits. A soft but loud scream sounded from above, and Alaska looked up as Frances came hurtling towards her. "Shit," she cried and leapt up, quickly grasping hold of the Paras as she fell down from the torrent. However, it was sort of like catching a bowling ball, the force pushing Alaska backwards. The platform was already sinking slightly, and she simply slipped through the water and sprawled backwards.

"BUGGER!" Alaska yelled, and shut her eyes to prepare herself for falling in. A shout came from the sidelines, and as Alaska's hairs and legs submerged themselves themselves, something much tougher appeared under her back to hold her upright. Alaska looked around in shock and was stunned to see that Bellsprout's skinny arms had almost quadrupled in length and length in order to reach the ropes to the right of Alaska and hold her upright.

"Cheers!" Alaska called breathlessly, giving the thumbs up to them, which Sandy replied with a smile and a nod. Swinging her feet out of the water, Alaska got them onto the platform and managed to pull it towards her with some slight motions, and Bellsprout helped lever her onto to it. Alaska looked down at Frances and was relieved to see she was conscious, though was thoroughly shaken by the experience and was clinging to her trainer.

"You did brilliantly," Alaska whispered with a proud smile, and Frances simply smiled timidly as her body continued to shake. Alaska looked up at this point, wondering how things had ended for Misty. The first thing she saw was that Misty was dripping wet, the explosion of water having been a lot closer to her than it had to Alaska. Than something yellow caught her eyes, and Alaska leapt up with delight as she saw Psyduck lying on a platform with his limbs outstretched.

"Psyduck is unable to battle, meaning that the challenger Alaska has won," the refereeing assistant said, also wet from the torrent. Alaska cheered with delight, and she heard Sandy let out a loud scream nearby.

"WE DID IT FRANCES!" Alaska cried, and was pleased to see the Paras manage a smile. Alaska began jumping, but stopped quickly once she found the platform didn't seem to want to be jumped on. Misty sighed as she brought Psyduck back, but Alaska was stunned to see her smiling slightly back at her.

"You battled well," she called. "It seems your Bullet Seed pushed Psyduck's constant headache to its limits, a wise strategy." It had all been a huge fluck and an accident, but Alaska was pleased to not have the gym leader angry with her. The platforms began to move back with a press of a button, though Alaska noticed the ruined pieces simply remained half-floating, half sunk. Sandy ran around to meet them, and her happiness for Alaska was infectious and both girls begin leaping around in delight. Alaska was extremely pleased to have defeated Misty: it had been a tough battle and she had been nervous there for a moment, but was pleased to have gotten it over with and that Frances had shone like a star. Darwin, however, was disappointing, but Alaska decided to focus on the positives and would deal with his growing disobedience later.

"THAT WAS SOOOO AWESOME!" Sandy yelled once the platform had arrived, and Alaska leapt off and was bombarded with a tight hug that made Frances squeak. "I can't believe how well you fought, except for Darwin, but who cares, YOU WON!"

"I am glad you are excited, but I don't think Frances can breath," Alaska said with a smile, and Sandy gasped and let go in shock. Alaska laughed and began walking back around towards the doors as her platform sank back to the pool floor, giving Bellsprout and a hug and a quick thanks as well.

"Sprout Bell," Bellsprout said with a smile, and Alaska continued to beam in delight as the group made it back around. Misty was moving slowly over, her assistants rushing around with the Cascade Badge and the winning TM, and Alaska couldn't help but feel happy as she approached the red headed leader, certain it was a deserved win.

That is, until the doors opened.

"Alaska, there you are!" A voice boomed, and Alaska froze as Bill and Mitchell ran into the room, holding the large metal box that contained the metallic weapon Alaska had used earlier. "I've been looking all over for you once I changed back – oh, hello Misty – and than I found Mitchell here standing around those reality show people your always complaining about. He said you were coming here, so I rushed over straight away! You never came back for your gun!" Alaska was taken aback by their appearance, and anger rose up as she faced Bill, still relatively annoyed about being changed into a Pokemon.

"Well, I'm here now," Alaska said bitterly once they had reached her. Bill grabbed the box from Mitchell, who stuck his nose up at Alaska and looked away smugly, showing he was still annoyed with her. "I was going to come back for this after the battle anyway, but I wanted to do something fun after being harassed by my mortal enemies whilst stuck in my Pidgeotto's body."

"Yes yes, I am sorry you got hit," Bill said with an irritable sigh. "The thing is that we all got switched back! On that note, you didn't happen to notice where that blue lightning came from, did you?"

"Just because we got switch – wait, what?" Alaska said, pausing in her rant. "You didn't switch us back?"

"I am sorry to say I didn't: the power wouldn't come back on," Bill explained, looking rather nervous now. "I was hoping you saw who or what unleashed that lightning… it would have to be something with strong Psychic energy to change brains back." Alaska simply nodded, not really listening and glancing nervously back at Sandy. All happiness slipped away from her win as they took in what Bill was saying: something out there had switched their brains back, but who or what? Alaska didn't want to have to worry about anything else asides from her quest, but all the problems and constant questions seemed to be piling up. Everyone gasped as she angrily kicked the stands before flopping down onto them, head in her hands and silently cursing Gideon, Amanda and everyone else who was causing her journey to be ruined.

I hope you all enjoyed that one and that the twist was unexpected (nothing worse than a cliffhanger you see coming!) Blog and Interlude double feature up next

Blog Six: So That City Went Well
Re: How to Conquer Kanto in Eight Easy Steps - Chapter 25

Blog Six: So That City Went Well

Hello once again my fabulous winners. You would think I'd be in a happy mood at the moment – Bill the Science Guy just gave me a lovely new weapon, Darwin evolved into a Primeape and Frances helped secure me my second gym battle. I'll give a single 'Woo-hoo', as the kids say, in celebration, but unfortunately, the low points of Cerulean City were a bit of an overshadow.

Let's start off with seeing some old friends of mine. I am not sure if I mentioned this in a previous blog, but there was this weird disembodied voice around both Pewter and Cerulean Gyms. I had a feeling it was just yet another thing stalking me (but who could blame them – my jeans shape my legs nicely, fellas ;)) but I think it is just some security thing for the gyms, not that I got a chance to ask – I'll save for the next leader ("Wazzup bro! Before I try and defeat you and get a badge and free TM of ya, mind telling me what's up with the pervy voice at your front door?")

Anyway, the voice was a bit pryful into my life, but than told us where to find Misty on her date (so I began looking around all tree tops as we walked to see if she was K-I-S-S-I-N-Ging.) Sandy and I set off, with my comrade seeming particularly annoyed about Misty having a sexy break. After getting onto the Nugget Bridge, which sounds to me like there should be a chain of fast food restaurants on it, we saw my other good pals the reality stars…. Yeaaaaaaah…. *sarcasm*. They all looked well enough for a piece of soulless, heartless monsters, and though I wished to ignore them, Chloe instead wanted to battle me with, of all things, a Clefairy. I felt like throwing her into the lake beneath us, but than Frances kicked some ass and we were off on our way.

So we continued towards Cerulean Cape where Misty was meant to be, though we went through a forest that was dark and creepy and there's should probably have been an axe murderer or two lurking around in there, all because I saw a shadow. Remember that voice that appeared behind me at the Beedrill Nest? Well, I'm pretty sure whoever spoke was leading me towards the Cape, and I thought "What the hell, let's follow that guy." Probably not the brightest move, but I was hoping to find out who this guy was, and I did end up at the Cerulean Cape and near Misty, so that's a plus. I didn't catch a single lit view of this guy go, so there's another mystery man I haven't quite solved yet (Not in a rom-com way – If I was a movie, I'd hope it was an action movie where Sandy is really a hot guy who aides me in my dramatic quest and we eventually fall in love and have a dramatic kiss as Gideon blows himself and the reality stars up…. ah, dreams…)

So Misty got pretty pissed that we interrupted her date with her hot date (I wouldn't mind having an ol' splash in the pool with that fellow nudgenudgewinkwinksnigger) but agreed to battle me in an hour. With all that time to kill, you just know something is going to come and ruin my day, and that something turned out to be high pitched Mitchell Melton and Bill, the co-creator of the PC System and now resident sea watcher, blog reader and weapon maker.

I went back to his laboratory which was about as flash as 20 year old car with a layer of dirt on the widescreen that some kids have written "CLEAN ME" in (If I ever settle down, I expect one of you readers to come and shoot me – YOU OWE ME THAT MUCH!). Bill was old and grey like my a 20 year old car after the layer of dirt had been scraped off, but revealed that A) no one is doing much to stop Gideon, B) I'm being watched and having my blog read (Hey Bill – clean your house! It's like a 20 year old car in that place.) C) the whole fossil thing is bad news after all, and D) The 'Elites of Kanto' want to make sure I am protected. So Bill decided to give me a gun (clearly hasn't been reading my blog too thoroughly) that is meant to be a defensive weapon, but I am sure I can find a way to pimp this ride. As I was casually testing it, the expected happened: Mitchell switched our brains :D

I don't know how many of you have ever had your brains switched with a Pokemon, and if you have, contact me via making a support group (BrainWatchers anyone?), but it isn't an all too pleasant experience. It feels exactly like having your brain pulled out whilst having a series of anvils thrown violently onto your body by a violent and possibly drunk body builder. And after you've been through this pleasant pain, you find you're suddenly a Pokemon.

I love Paige with all my heart and she is my best and oldest friend, but never did I want to get shoved into her body. Having feathers and large flappy things to your sides isn't the most pleasant experience, and I really don't enjoy being back at my toddler aged height. What's more, the bloody power grid blew and Mitchell ran off having a man period because I didn't accept his fake apology – what a cruel person I am! So I had to go and apologize to HIM! He hasn't swapped places with that Rattata of his, but NOOOOO, I'm at blame!

I don't really want to relive my experiences as a Pokemon, nor what happened next, and really my battery is starting to die so let's move this loco along, shall we?

Moving as a Pidgeotto isn't pleasant. Mitchell pointed the stars out to us. Chloe was a bitch, so I bit her on the nose and than whacked a camera into Amanda's face. Chloe cried, Damian battled me, Amanda may be a malicious bitch, who knows, Darwin nearly killed Damian's Charmander and evolved after disobeying me, Amanda threatened me, I went to go all Twister on her ass and got turned back into the loveable adorable one and only Me. Chloe had a cried, I told her to shove it and punched her in the nose, she and Amanda fell in the lake. Such fun!

We went to Misty's and got mocked by the voice. She was pissed off, as I expected. I then took a ride on the world's most boring amusement park to battle her: PrimeDarwin was a little shit who ignored me but defeated Staryu, only to get drowned by Psyduck. Frances came in and was a bit scared at first but managed to kick some ducky butt as I expected, causing PsyTard to have a massive brain fart and blow the pool up, I was saved from drowning by Sandy's Bellsprout (BTW, Sandy caught a Bellsprout), caught Frances, Psyduck fainted, I won – WOOHOO! Than Bill and Mitchell arrived and it turns out something other than Bill turned me back to me, so that means yet ANOTHER MYSTERY!

PHEW! That was tiresome. Typing this fast must be as tiresome as masturbating for men. Oh no, I said something inappropriate, sue me! (I'd prefer if you didn't, my lawyer's on holiday alone, and he'll have a sore wrist as well! PAZOW!) My laptop seems close to dying and Sandy bloody well lost my cord, so let's just review the main points, shall we class?

- I've got a mystery guy, a mystery blue lightning summoner and possibly a robotic voice following me, as well as a missing Gideon and the whole Kanto Elite people stalking. I don't even want to think about these things at the moment. If they surface again, I will deal with them, but I am not going to set out to fix things.

- The Reality Show: same as above, but they can go rot in a hole full of sarcastic, hypercritical, flesh eating zombies for all I care. I will care about them once I defeat them, but I don't need to waste a second of my life on theirs.

- Mitchell refuses to talk to me, but I have a feeling he is just trying to make me feel bad, but that prat can go suck a tree for all I care

- I am very concerned about Darwin. If anyone has tips on a misbehaving Pokemon please let me know, as I have no idea how to get me to listen to me or to find out why he is beginning to act this way, but it is a bit of a fright

Asides from that, I am VEEEEEERY happy to have crossed off the second step in my path to league domination, very happy indeed :D Sandy and I are staying the night in Cerulean before heading down to either Saffron or Vermillion, whichever one tickles my fancy (Not in THAT way ya perve!) And hopefully, things will go without a hitch… though my hopes are about as high as Chloe's IQ…

So long and thanks for all the wishes!,

Alaska

Re: How to Conquer Kanto in Eight Easy Steps - Blog 6

Finally caught up again! the chapters were good and I really like Frances's shy personality, especially how it contrasts with Alaska. One thing that I didn't understand was Bill now I know this is set in your universe so he might be older but in the games he looks like he's in his early to mid twenties and since this takes place around nine years after the Red and Blue then wouldn't be here around his early to mid thirties meaning that he shouldn't be that old or even have grey hair for that matter. Just saying.

Also I really love what she did to Chloe she had it coming it'll be funny if she has her nose in a cast the next time she appears. Also it seems like Amanda might be tougher than we expect though after what Bill said about there being two agents of the old Team Rocket...well I have my suspicions here.

Alaska's blogs are still awesome, I mostly read them for the jokes and innuendos.

Interlude Five: Six Degrees of Villainous Separation
Re: How to Conquer Kanto in Eight Easy Steps - Blog 6

My Bill is in his sixties as I always saw him myself as being kind of old, and it suits my world better than he and Oak have been working together for many years (as in decades). When he appeared in Kris vs Gold, which is a year after Red/Leaf/Blue, he is old there as well, and he will be old in The First Warriors. I am glad you like Frances, Chloe's demise and all the innuendos, and for that one point after Buzz and Amanda, well, read ahead ;)

Interlude Five: Six Degrees of Villainous Separation

Once again, Buzz Bolton found himself staring out at the sunset. The sky was alight with orange and yellows today, sucking the blue out of the area around them as the stars slowly began to twinkle into place like many little lights being switched on. It was one of those sunsets you couldn't help but turn towards and find yourself lightening up inside as you stared at the sun as it began to sink behind the skyscrapers, trees and mountains. It helped to make people's days, and cheer them up from the day they had.

However, nothing was going to cheer up Buzz.

He stared out at Saffron City with his mind racing. In a few weeks, he hoped to be in charge of this entire region. He could imagine people screaming and running through the streets as the floors of Silph Co. opened up, and the army he had been developing for five years would rise out onto the streets. Buzz could imagine buildings of his rivals crumbing and falling down inside themselves, balls of fire rising up from their basements. He could imagine men running through the street and grabbing people, killing whoever he wanted and could until every single region was bowing down before him and opening their gates to welcome him in. Buzz had been imagining things like this for years, and sometimes would be sitting at his desk and could see the sun turning into a giant fire that wiped out all his enemies at a press of a button.

But his plans were in turmoil. Buzz clutched in his shaking hands a brief letter that had been sent to him by an Archaeologist from the Oreburgh Museum in Sinnoh, who Buzz had bribed and flown out to Mt Moon to do some evaluation. He kept glancing back at the results given to him, wondering wheter to believe them or not, all the while finally his dreams crashing down around him.

The phone suddenly begin to ring, and Buzz let out an angry sigh as he turned towards it and pressed a button on his remote control to answer it. He had a feeling who it was going to be, and recognized the voice that let out an angry shriek as soon as it picked up.

"THAT STUPID LITTLE BITCH!" Amanda's voice screeched, echoing in the enclosed room. "I WANT THAT SELF IMPORTANT TART DEAD BUZZ, DO YOU HEAR ME, DEAD!" Buzz was a bit taken aback by this, having expected Amanda to be calling about something else.

"I don't care about Alaska fucking Acevedo at the moment darling," Buzz said, trying to keep his voice calm, "but if she is being a bother and you still haven't managed to kill her yet than I know a way to get rid of her within the next few days, alright?" Amanda's heavy breathing was all that came back, but Buzz knew she would be nodding at the other end.

"Fine, but I want a bit of her left over for me at least to personally destroy," the producer snarled. "She ruined my clothes and a camera, my tablet is covered in mud and Chloe needs to get her nose fixed!" Buzz was once again taken aback and sighed angrily, but he needed to focus on other matters.

"Did you get a copy of the report from Dr. West?" Buzz asked, only to get a loud sigh in reply.

"No, didn't you hear me? My tablet fell in the mud!" Amanda snapped back. "God, when I get my hands on that bitch I'm –,"

"ENOUGH!" Buzz yelled, cutting Amanda off mid sentence. "Alaska will be dead within days, alright? We've got bigger fish to deal with at the moment! Dr West said that he searched the area around the explosion and found no evidence of fossils being there, but he found a piece of discoloured rock in a hole that he has tested and said it contains DNA of a Kabuto in it." Amanda's gasp was clear and audible, and Buzz sighed and he collapsed down into a chair, groaning as he angrily kicked the wall, much like a toddler that wasn't getting their way.

"So the little bitches blog was right?" Amanda whispered. "Gideon is back then, isn't he?" Buzz stopped kicking but continued to groan, almost on the verge of tears, though he would never admit it. He turned back towards the phone, staring down at the report in front of him.

"I am sorry to say he is," Buzz said, his voice a lot more whiny than it usually was. "I have no idea how that dick survived for all these years, but he is back and seems to be starting up Operation Lavender." Silence fell between the two, and Buzz looked out through his windows, the low sun casting shadows across his floor as it moved behind several buildings.

"But… but… but Neil… we left him there," Amanda whispered, in so much shock that she forgot how much Buzz hated having his real name used. "We left him there to die… surely he is going to start putting the pieces together, he'll know we are still around!" Buzz stared angrily at the phone, severely annoyed at the use of his real name, but he knew that Amanda had a point.

"We'll have to keep quiet then, won't we?" He replied, trying to gain control again, his mind thinking of what to do. "I want you to focus entirely on getting these stars up to scratch and defeating gyms. Do more training and more gruelling challenges – we are going to have to bring our challenges forwards and I want at least one of them to have all eight gym badges before Gideon can do anything, alright? And don't even spare a thought for the little bitch – she'll be a bad memory in a few days."

"Fine then," Amanda said, a little bit huffily. "And what are you going to do during this time?" Buzz didn't appreciate the tone in her voice and was tempted to give her a warning about it, but had too much on his plate to properly care about it. He instead stood up, the report still clutched in his hands and drawing his attention back. Whatever Gideon was planning, there was a chance it would ruin theirs.

"I am going to keep an eye on our old colleague and see what he is up to," Buzz said firmly. "I need to use the phone to make arrangements – goodbye," and he hung up before Amanda even knew it. Buzz turned back towards his window, only a small orange glow in the distance providing natural light, and he knew that soon light bulbs would turn on and light his path. But Buzz didn't intend to stay around for much longer: with an angry growl, he scrunched up the report and threw it into the bin before snatching up the phone. Buzz wasn't going to let anything get in his way of stopping his dreams, and began dialling a number for the people that could help him.

If things went his way, Alaska and Gideon would both be dead within a week.

It was quite rare for Gideon to feel a feeling of emptiness, but as he stared around his lab, he couldn't help but feel a bit sad.

Over the past few days he had packed everything away into boxes. The murder of the many police officers wouldn't go unnoticed for long, but Gideon had moved effortlessly to secure the area using a special electrical field that would stop anyone from leaving or entering. However, it wasn't going to hold for long, and Gideon had to move fast to make sure he continued to avoid capture.

All of his machines and paperwork had been filed carefully away in a number of boxes that he had stolen from the surrounding houses, and Gideon had teleported them away to a secure facility where no one would be able to find him. It was stressful and irritating, but Gideon had to do it if he wanted to leave.

The last of the boxes had left, and Gideon was left alone in the middle of the empty room. Shelves and bench tops lay bare, cupboards empty, marks remaining in the middle of the floor from his various machines being activated. Filth and dust covered almost every surface, leaving it far from the pristine bomb shelter it had once been. All of the devices such as the fridge and television had been destroyed, and only a few of their parts remained scattered around the room.

Gideon continued to look around, smiling in a slightly psychotic way. He had lived here for many years, and hadn't left it until a few months ago, all his food being collected by his Pokemon. It felt strange to be saying good bye to it, and Gideon let out a little sigh as he once again thought of the inconvenience of it all. However, Gideon did have most of the machines and all the fossils that were necessary for his plan. All he had left to do was to collect a single book, a few ingredients, the blueprints for a Fossil Resurrection Machine and the necessary parts for that. If all went well, his plan will be complete in only a few weeks time.

"Excellent," Gideon hissed to himself, glad to have a happy thought, and decided to leave the bomb shelter behind. He briskly climbed up the ladder and pushed open the trapdoor, stepping out into the night.

It was a pleasant evening, with an inky black sky with twinkling stars. Gideon had missed all of nature's beauties whilst underground and hoped to see more to make up for it. He looked around at the disembodied limbs and charred bits of flesh and clothes that had survived Porygon-Z's Tri Attack and multiple Hyper Beams, and then around at the houses. Many people were trapped inside, worried for themselves and their friends, not knowing what the scientist who had put up the barrier was going to do to them. Gideon had always savoured fear, and he couldn't help laughing to himself as he pulled a button out of his pocket. Over the years, he had built a security system into the bomb shelter, designed to eliminate all traces of him ever being there if need be. Gideon was glad he had never had to use it until now, and felt rather giddy with excitement as he set up his teleportation part of his watch.

"Goodbye Chrono Island!" He yelled, beginning to cackle with laughter. "I hope this is good enough to remember me by!" And he pressed down on the button as soon as the teleportation was ready. Gideon was instantly sucked away, along with the button, but not before its process had been done. A loud beeping began to sound through the shelter hatch, and the people in the surrounding houses looked out their windows at Gideon's cry, wondering what he had done.

Seconds later, the nuclear bomb exploded.

Yes, it is now officially confirmed: Buzz and Amanda are ex Rocket grunts and were there when Red, Leaf and Blue stormed the Rocket facility. I hope some things make more sense now, though I also hope there are more questions you want answered ;)

Re: How to Conquer Kanto in Eight Easy Steps - Interlude 5

Yes, poor Arthur, but that always seems to happen to fictional cops: something happens to them just when they are about to retire :p

Chapter Twenty Six: Breeding… Sexy
Re: How to Conquer Kanto in Eight Easy Steps - Interlude 5

Chapter Twenty Six: Breeding… Sexy

"Oh Alaska… will you slow down!"

"I wouldn't be walking fast if you hadn't made us late!"

"It's not my fault they were playing Nights of the Dead – it's only my favourite vampire soap opera ever!"

Alaska growled and rolled her eyes, and continued to walk determinedly forwards. It was a pleasant day: cloudless sky with the sun shining above them, though it was cool due to a gentle breeze blowing through Route 5. Most people would find it relaxing, but Alaska was quick to get a move on. She wanted to leave Cerulean City now that she had her badge, and wanted to focus entirely on getting her next one: Saffron City and Vermilion City were both near and had gym badges to collect, and Alaska was focused entirely on getting them. She didn't care about the reality show, she didn't care about mysterious blue lightning, or mysterious voices that seemed to know about her. Alaska only cared about continuing with her journey, and the only problem she was going to deal with was Frances' shyness in battle and Darwin's misbehaviour.

"Alaska, come on, slow down!" Sandy groaned from behind, but Alaska continued to stroll determinedly along. They had been late in leaving the Pokemon Center as Sandy had wanted to watch a TV show, and they then had to push their way through a large group of people watching the news in the atrium. Alaska was annoyed at being late and ignored Sandy, moving quickly despite the large metal box holding Bill's weapon bouncing around in her bag.

One reason Alaska had travelled by herself was that she liked doing things her own way. She had never enjoyed following rules, wheter they had been set by her parents, her boss at the PokeMart, her teachers, her older siblings or her next door neighbour, who had once told her that she couldn't have Paige knock his door down just because a tennis ball they were playing with had flown through his upstairs window. Alaska had looked forwards to have a chance to do things by her own rules, like waking up and sleeping when she wanted, travelling down paths she wanted to, visiting places that weren't just on a list of sights from talk show host Vivian Winters. Sandy was great company and it was nice to have someone to talk to that replied in English, but Alaska was finding travelling with another person meant accommodating what they wanted to do, and she was finding her freedom being stifled.

"I am not slowing down until we get to the gatehouse at Saffron, so you should either start running or just wait a few minutes to catch up," Alaska called out, laughing slightly to herself even though she felt a bit bad for leaving Sandy behind. But all thoughts left her head when she looked down and jumped backwards in surprise: right in front of her, in the middle of the road, was a small blue Pokemon that was tiny enough to pick up, with a small horn on its head, big ears and small spikes on its back.

"Well aren't you adorable," Alaska said, quickly recovering from the shock of the Pokemon being here. She thought back to the Pokemon she knew, and remembered seeing a cartoon version of it in a scarring puberty video. "You are a Nidoran, aren't you? The female version, if I'm correct – the male one is pink, which is kind of odd for a masculine Pokemon, but whatever, I've seen weirder… anyway, how did you end up here?" Alaska bent down and smiled at the Nidoran, but was stunned when the Pokemon reared her horn.

"RAN RAN!" She snapped, advancing forwards and pulling a mean face. Alaska was surprised by the Nidoran's aggressiveness, but wasn't frightened as the Pokemon was rather small and her horn didn't look all that threatening. Alaska instead glanced around, wondering where it had come from: she and Sandy had been walking on the right side of a raised section of land that had been reinforced with stones and cement to prevent landslides. She could see the metal railings at the top at a level appropriate to stop people falling over the edge, but not good enough to stop Pokemon tipping over.

"Finally!" Sandy suddenly puffed right next to Alaska, causing her to turn around and see her co-traveller clutching her sides and wheezing as she tried to catch her breath. "Never make my walk so fast again!" Sandy puffed. "Why did you stop any – oh, hello!" Sandy saw the Nidoran on the ground and bent down to smile at it. "What brought you here?"

"NIDO RAN RAN RAN!" Nidoran hissed.

"AAAAAAHHHH!" Sandy screamed, leaping up behind Alaska.

"Really?" Alaska sighed. "Your fine with confronting Misty and get all up in her face, yet a little Nidoran is too much to handle?"

"It hissed at me! Misty didn't hiss," Sandy said defensively, staring down at the Nidoran that was now charging forwards with her head down. Alaska glanced down as Nidoran began attacking her shoe with sharp jabs from her horn, and the trainer sighed as she bent down and picked Nidoran up.

"Let's find a way to take this back up there," Alaska said, holding tightly as the Nidoran fidgeted and squirmed. Sandy rolled her eyes at the prospect of still walking, but Alaska quickly carried on and there was soon a distance of two metres between the friends as they tried to find a way up.

"Why didn't we go up that hill thing in the first place?" Sandy asked.

"Because I have no idea if there is a way up or down from this end, but I guess we'll find out," Alaska said with a smile as she noticed a set of stairs in the distance. She ran the last few metres towards them, still holding tightly as Nidoran tried to free herself from Alaska's arms. But as Alaska began climbing the steps, she saw that it wasn't quite what she was expecting: instead of leaving up to the raised area, the stairs lead to a house directly beneath a sheer cliff where the land above suddenly stopped.

"Odd place for a house," Alaska mumbled, and turned to read a sign that was directly next to her: ROUTE 5 BREEDING CENTER. "Hmm… odd place for any sort of building," Alaska added. She was tempted to turn back, but as Sandy let out a loud groan at the prospect of climbing stairs, Alaska decided it might do them so good to pop in for a few moments.

The door was unlocked, and as Alaska turned the handle she got a waft of heat and a variety of smells. She was struggling to hold onto Nidoran with just one hand and was doubled over as she entered, by a man behind a counter leapt up and rushed towards her.

"So that's where you went!" He said, scooping Nidoran out of Alaska's arms and expertly grasping onto her. "Thank you for bringing Nadia back, though how did you know she belonged here?"

"I didn't," Alaska said as she stood up straight and looked around. The Breeding Center seemed rather basic, with bare black walls surrounding white plastic window frames, though the windows appeared to be black plastic. There was a television attached to the corner of a wall and a table with several chairs around it. The floor was green linoleum, though it appeared to be sun faded and had several holes in it. Alaska wasn't surprised to find things were rather quiet here, though was shocked when a stout elderly woman wandered out from a room behind the counter, carrying two Igglybuff in her arms as she waddled towards an area marked by a white fence.

"What… did I… say… Alas… ka," Sandy wheezed from the front door as she finally made it up, but Alaska only gave her a glance before walking further into the building, the old man taking Nadia the Nidoran with him.

"What is this place?" Alaska asked. "I thought breeding centers were all really fancy and extravagant and rather over the top… not that this isn't nice, it's just not very…," Alaska trailed off as she struggled to find words, but the old man smiled as he put the Nidoran down in the fenced area.

"My wife and I started this business twenty years ago, back when businesses like this were family owned companies with a loyal local community and friendly reputation," the man explained as Sandy collapsed into a chair, too tired to care about why they had ended up here. "However, a few years ago, as you seem to know, a little business called Breederz opened up in Unova. They focused on making Pokemon look beautiful as well as training and exercising them, and they gained a loyal following of mostly woman and gays that built them up. Than they opened more branches and got a reality show, and now there are at least 3 centers in each region and the company makes millions each year: we can't compete with that."

"That does suck," Alaska said, feeling it might have been a bit too blunt but not knowing what else to say. "I'm Alaska, by the way, and this is Sandy. I'm just doing a bit of gym badge travelling and came across Nidoran there and I thought she lived up there."

"I'm Andy and this is Judy," the old man said as he shook Alaska's hand. "So, I'm guessing you found us by accident? That's how they all seem to these days! Just so you know, we are still fully operational, not that it really looks like it, but if you want to leave your Pokemon you can."

"Oh, no thanks… I mean," Alaska stumbled, "I only have three Pokemon on me and I really should be training them: they can be a bit tricky at times." Andy nodded, though he did look a bit hurt. Alaska felt bad, but she really just wanted to continue on her journey and hadn't intended on coming here anyway.

"Who do those Pokemon belong to?" Sandy asked as she fanned herself with her hand.
"These two Igglybuff belong to a little girl away on summer camp, we get a lot of Pokemon for reasons like that," Judy explained as she put the two pink Pokemon down. "Nadia here… well, we don't know what happened to her trainer," the old woman added sadly before hurrying over to begin getting food for the Pokemon.

"She was dropped off last year but we haven't heard anything from the trainer since then," Andy explained with a shake of his head. Alaska still wanted to leave, but Sandy seemed absorbed in the conversation and she reluctantly sat down next to her. "I tried contacting them and everything but didn't get any response. We are meant to only have a six month policy before we release them into the wild, but Judy and I don't have the heart to let them out after that long." Alaska and Sandy glanced over at Nadia, and saw the Nidoran seemed to be threatening the Igglybuff.

"She seems so… lovely," Alaska mumbled, and Andy laughed as his wife brought over glasses of water and a plate of biscuits for them.

"Nadia is just restless," Judy explained with a laugh like Andy's. "I think she wants to get out and battle: a tough little cookie she is, always trying to escape and causing a bit of mayhem." Alaska and Sandy nodded along as they both bit down on a biscuit, but both stopped chewing after a few seconds.

"These are some tough little cookies," Alaska mumbled to Sandy, who stifled a laugh as they quickly spat the cookies into napkins while the elderly couple stared at the Pokemon.

"I do want Nadia's trainer to come back and take her on the journey she deserves, but I can't see that happening any time soon," Judy said sadly. Sandy suddenly gasped dramatically and turned to Alaska, knocking their glasses of water over in the process.

"Ooops, sorry, but Alaska – remember how Misty mocked you for not having enough Pokemon?"

"Vividly."

"Well, why don't you take Nadia?" Alaska was surprised by this, but was more surprised by the water dripping down over the edge of the table. Judy rushed away to get more napkins as Andy glanced towards Nadia, who was beginning to attack the fence, and smiled.

"I think that would be a splendid idea!" He said with a wide smile. "Though, of course, only if you are alright with it Alaska," he added, smiling at her. Alaska glanced over at Nadia, who was still attacking the fence, and pondered: she did feel as if she needed a new Pokemon, and though she would rather catch it herself, Nadia seemed to have a feisty attitude for battling that could come in handy if brought under control.

"What if the trainer returns and wants her back?" Alaska asked. "Wouldn't Nadia be in her PokeBall anyway? I can't access another trainer's PokeBall without their permission."

"Nadia's PokeBall stopped working a few months ago," Judy said as she rushed back with napkins, and she and Sandy began scooping up the water. "I contacted a Pokemon Center and the nurse said that usually means the trainer has deactivated their PC Box. We thought she might come back for Nadia though, but no luck."

"You could have mentioned that before," Alaska said with a smile and moved quickly towards the Nidoran. Nadia stopped and began making snapping noises up at her, but Alaska picked her up and gave her a hug that made her squirm. "I'll be happy to take her with me."

"Ran Ran Nidoran Niiiii!" Nadia said with a squirm, but Alaska simply smiled and pulled a Great Ball out.

"I am going to take you with on my gym battles because you seem like a good fighter, is that alright?" Alaska said, but Nadia's eyes had lit up the mention of battling and she became eagerly still. "I'll take that as a yes then," Alaska laughed, and Nadia nodded and headbutted the Great Ball. The weight disappeared from Alaska's arms as the Nidoran turned to energy and was sucked inside. Everyone watched excitedly, even the Igglybuff, as the Great Ball shook in Alaska's hands. After a few moments, it flashed and clicked.

"YES – I now have four Pokemon!" Alaska cheered, and the others all clapped in celebration. "Watch out Sandy, it looks like we're beating you in the Poke numbers department!"

"Oh Sandy, if you want a Pokemon, we could help with that," Andy said, making Alaska scowl a bit. The old man rushed back behind the counter as Judy continued to mop up the water, and he came back a few moments later with a small yellow egg with brown markings on it. "This was left on our doorstep the other week and we've been trying to get rid of it," Andy explained, "as we don't have the proper facilities to look after an egg. You can have it if you want." Sandy gasped and clapped excitedly, grabbing the egg and pulling Andy into a hug.

"Thank you so much, I have always wanted an egg ever since my old neighbour Tia got one," Sandy said, jittering with excitement as Andy and Judy laughed. Sandy then turned and rushed towards Alaska, who sighed and allowed herself to be pulled into a hug. "Who would have thought it: you get a Primeape and a Nidoran, I get a Bellsprout and now an egg, all in a few days!" Alaska nodded with a large smile, not even faking it as she thought of how her next gym badges were just on the horizon, and she had a new team that was ready to take part in battles.

"I can't believe such happiness could happen on a day like today!" Judy said, almost tearful as she pulled the girls into a hug.

"What's happened today?" Alaska asked. "I hope we haven't intruded on any family moments or anything!" Judy shook her head, looking rather confused, and they saw tat Andy looked the same way as he grabbed a remote from the counter and pointed it at the television.

"Haven't you girls seen the news?" He said, almost in a whisper. Alaska and Sandy shook their heads, thinking back to the crowd that had been in the Pokemon Center that morning, and turned towards the TV.

In a single second, Alaska felt as if the world had crashed down around her.

On the tiny screen above them, they could see the destruction: text scrolling across the bottom said that it was Chrono Island, one of the Sevii Islands, and that a nuclear device had gone off around midnight. A helicopter flying overhead showed barren wastelands of ash: no nature left, charred frames of buildings all that remained. A large crater was shown south of the town of Five Island, and looked to Alaska like a portal to some dark dimension. Reports said that the device had been powerful but was small, only affecting the areas nearby, several islands in the area even being barely affected. But the costs were phenomenal: over five hundred people dead, hundreds more terribly injured and being rushed to dozens of hospitals around Kanto and Johto to deal with the flow of people. Dead Pokemon were washing up on the surrounding islands and residents were being warned not to touch them. Alaska almost collapsed to her knees as she saw an image that tore at her heart: a flock of dead Pidgey, there feathers almost burned off, laying on one of the islands.

"Who could do something like this?" Sandy whispered as she indeed collapsed into a chair, placing the egg down near the wet patch and clutching her chest. Alaska knew who it was though: only one person would have the atrocity to do something like this, only one person would so carelessly take away so many lives and not care at all. Alaska just wanted to scream, and wanted to run out and find Gideon and destroy him for doing this, kill him for all he was done, but worse of all, and one thing that made Alaska hate herself, she hated him for taking her journey from her.

Just quickly: Nadia's capture was planned for this point for a while. I don't want Alaska and Sandy to catch a heap of Pokemon together quickly, as anyone who still watches the anime will see that that never really pays off in the giving-them-personality department, so expect to see things slow down evolution and capture wise. Also, Alaska's semi selfish feelings towards Gideon's act will be explored and expanded on, so don't be too shocked at those last lines

Re: How to Conquer Kanto in Eight Easy Steps - Chapter 26

Hmm..this chapter was good. It's nice to see Nadia's personality already so developed, and moreover, the plot had a fair amount of advancement. The nuclear bomb...WHOA! Did NOT see that coming. Anyhow, great job overall, and I hope to see how Gideon and the Rockets turn out!

Have I ever told you that I really like the personality you give to the Pokemon, this is something that proves to be really hard for other writers and me included when you have to decide how to balance them out but you make them really creative.

Also just pointing out the title of the chapter was very misleading xD

Well I saw the nuke coming since I read the Interlude but I didn't think it was happening at the same time as this chapter.

@Thundagere: I am glad you like Nadia's personality, and it will continue to develop dramatically (I hope... :p). And I was hoping to advance the plot more with coming out and labelling Buzz and Amanda as the grunts and hopefully providing some light on their plans

@Stellar Haze: You have told me before, but I still appreciate the feedback and I am glad you find the Pokemon enjoyable characters. And for future reference, Alaska usually states where she is when the blog is posted, and the Interlude will usually occur shortly afterwards unless stated otherwise: the two stories in the latest interlude happened simultaneously.

No: The two events in Interlude 5 happened simultaneously. Gideon killing all the cops happened between Mt Moon and Cerulean after the fifth blog, and he then spent a day or two clearing out all of his stuff before blowing up Chrono Island after Alaska had posted her sixth blog, which was a few hours after defeating Misty.

Chapter Twenty Seven: Why Can't the Lights Be On?

@WinterVines@Alaskapigeon

Chapter Twenty Seven: Why Can't the Lights Be On?

"Does this really seem like a good idea?" Sandy whispered, though her voice echoed all around them.

"It's our only option, so it's going to be a good idea," Alaska replied irritably, though she was remaining by Sandy's side now and they were both walking nervously as if trying to walk around a sleeping giant. For all they knew, there could be a giant down there where the walls were meant to be, the lights above them only providing a dim yellow glow for the middle of the Underground Path they were in.

Alaska and Sandy had stayed behind to watch more news, but nothing new was coming in about the nuclear bombing and it was too depressing to stay around. After insisting on paying for their time together, feeling guilty for the small existence they had, Alaska bade farewell Andy and Judy as Sandy wept alongside. Nadia's Great Ball was alongside the others, and Sandy's new egg rested, well wrapped, in her green satchel. Alaska stuck by her as Sandy let her tears out, not for personal loss over the attack but simple shock and sadness that something like this could have happened. Alaska simply didn't say anything, her own feelings about what had happened consuming her thoughts: she was constantly asking herself why Gideon, the only person she could see doing this, had done it, what the purpose of these hundreds of murders had been, and what was she meant to do from here. Was Alaska just meant to walk on and ignore what was happening around her and focus on her journey like she wanted to, or try and find Gideon and put a stop to whatever his plans were?

It seemed the fates didn't want Alaska to proceed with her gym journey, at least not in the way she wanted: Alaska and Sandy arrived at a large gatehouse leading into Saffron City, only to be told by a guard it was locked. Saffron City, apparently, was a regular target of terrorists due to the Magnet Train, Silph Co. and its powerful Psychic gym, and until the source of the nuclear bomb was confirmed, they had locked down the city as a precaution. Alaska shared several colourful words with the guard that shocked Sandy right out of crying, but the guard must be used to it and directed them towards a path the went underneath the city for situations like this. It wasn't ideal, but it would take them to Vermilion City, and Alaska was happy for that.

Entering through a small area the size of a public bathroom with a smell similar to three of them, Alaska and Sandy embarked down a large staircase and entered a long tunnel of almost complete darkness. Sandy was so stunned that her tears stopped instantly and she clung to Alaska's arm, and Alaska felt too uneasy about being here to care. There was no sign of the opposite end or even of the walls on either side, and the two were forced to walk side by side along the middle where the yellow lights flicked ominously above them, almost as if they were about to die.

"Can we possibly move faster?" Sandy whimpered as sounds echoed all around them that they weren't making.

"I think that would be smart," Alaska said, not entirely willing to admit she was scared but would feel more reassured as they moved down these hallways. She came to a sudden pause and swung her bag around. "I think we should send our Pokemon out and I'll get that bloody gun out." She looked to Sandy for confirmation and was surprised to see a pout on her face.

"Why don't I get a weapon?" Sandy whinged. "I didn't even get to try the gun yesterday, and I can't just walk around here with no defence? What if some leapt up and grabbed me and teleported away?" Alaska turned at her, rather amused at her little cry, and smiled as she reached into her bag.

"You can have these," she said with a beam. Sandy stared excitedly, but her excitement turned to an annoyed glare as Alaska pulled out the tray of brownies with the knife embedded in its hard surface.

"No thanks," she replied as Alaska began to laugh and quickly passed the tray back inside. The two girls moved quickly, and a few seconds later Paige and Butterfree were fluttering under the lights, while Bellsprout rested on Sandy's shoulder as Nadia formed beneath Alaska's feet.

"Ran Ran Nido Nido!" Nadia said, pawing at the ground and glaring at the Pokemon around her. Paige looked down at her and then up at Alaska, pulling a rather confused look as the trainer grabbed the metal box.

"I don't have time to tell you everything I do," Alaska replied indignantly as she clicked open the metal box and pulled the small rocket launcher-like device out. Paige gave a shrug of agreement and fluttered down to greet Nadia, but was only met with an angry growl as the Nidoran leapt forwards. "Nadia, don't hurt Paige: she is one of your friends now, so be nice!" Nadia looked up at her new trainer as if the idea of being nice was the stupidest idea she had ever heard, but gave an obedient nod anyway. "Alright then troops, let's just move forwards and keep a look out for anything dodgy: if something moves, attack first and ask questions later."

"Alaska!" Sandy gasped. "What if an elderly woman is having a lovely stroll through here and we attack her?"

"Than we'd better move around her then, won't we?" Alaska suggested with a smile, and she took off at her usual stroll once more, feeling more confident now that she had the gun at her side and four Pokemon with them. Sandy moved quickly, not wanting to be caught behind if someone was around them. Their footsteps and the movement of Paige and Butterfree's wings echoed around them, but Alaska was focused on getting out of there and didn't want to worry about things. However, Sandy suddenly gasped behind and she turned around, wondering if something was wrong.

"I think I heard something," Sandy whispered, quivering with fear and clutching Bellsprout. "It sounded like something was rolling." Alaska paused for a second and tried to listen, but all she could hear was a slightly creeping dripping sound from a leaking pipe, and became less afraid unless the plumbing was going to strangle them.

"I can't hear anything, let's keep moving," Alaska said, giving Sandy a reassuring smile before setting off once more. Nadia had moved on ahead, clearly eager to find whatever might be there, and Paige gave Alaska a judging look. "I was put on the spot, alright!" Alaska hissed back. "Nadia has potential, just give her time!" Paige gave her another look before flying back to be with Butterfree, leaving Alaska to sigh and roll her eyes.

"Hey Alaska," Sandy called out, the echoes of her voice cancelling any chance of silence allowing them to hear anyone, but Alaska enjoyed hearing someone familiar speak in this dark environment and could tell from her voice that Sandy wanted to be talking. "Why do you think that nuclear explosion happened?" Alaska was unsure about sharing her theories, but thought it might be good to voice them aloud.

"I have a feeling Gideon may be behind it," she replied. "After what Bill said about him being a Team Rocket scientist, he must have had access to technology of the sort, and he has had a long time to make a bomb."

"But why would he do it?" Sandy said in a shocked voice. "I thought he was looking for fossils. Maybe he was trying to resurrect them or something, like they do in museums." Alaska came to an abrupt halt and turned around, not sure whether to gasp or smile.

"Sandy, you're brilliant!" She cried, happy now to have voiced her theories. "Remember how he was trying to steal those plans from the Pewter Museum? What if he is trying to bring fossilized Pokemon back to life? I don't think that will be why the bomb went off, as it is probably some sort of strategic move, but this could be his master plan, or at least part of it!"

"You mean the mad scientist just wants to bring some fossils back to life?" Sandy said, clearly not as excited as Alaska was. "If he wants to bring fossils back, why can't he just teleport into a facility and use a machine that is already there? Besides, I read on your blog that you didn't want to stay involved in all of this drama anyway, so why are you putting these pieces together?"

"When did you read that? I only posted it last night," Alaska said curiously.

"You left the page open and I had a quick read when I found your charger," Sandy explained. "Why don't you just tell that Surge guy or whoever the gym leader is your theories, get them to pass it on and Bob's your uncle!"

"Fair point," Alaska said with a nod. "Thanks for that," she added with a smile. "It is nice to have someone to remind me to be sane – looks like I'll be keeping you after all!" The two began to laugh as Alaska turned back around, ready to continue on her journey. She was glad for the reminder to stay out of things, but didn't dare mention one thing Sandy's last words had put in her mind: if Gideon was bringing fossils to life, why wasn't he using the machines already available?

However, just as Alaska turned back around, she could tell something was wrong: though Paige and Butterfree were chatting to themselves just above them all, Nadia had paused up ahead, looking around in confusion. Now that they weren't talking, Alaska could hear a noise: listening carefully, it sounded like something rolling, exactly what Sandy had pointed out before. A glance around showed the blonde was stunned, confirming she had heard it as well, and Alaska grasped firmly onto the gun.

"Everyone, focus!" Alaska cried, and Paige and Butterfree stopped talking and turned around, wondering what was going on. The rolling sounded once again, and Alaska felt crept out as she spun around, trying to find this mysterious foe but getting nothing. The rolling continued to get closer, and it was beginning to sound strange, almost metallic, with a sparking noise every few seconds. Alaska was spinning around, her finger ready on the trigger for whatever was coming her way, getting concerned about what was coming her way. There was a momvent behind her, and Alaska turned around and raised the weapon, but it was barely above her chest when a hand shot out and grasped onto it.

"Run, this isn't a fight you can win," the person said, and Alaska gasped as she recognised the voice: it was the same strange almost robotic voice that had whispered to her in the Beedrill's nest and had helped them escape, the same person she had tried to chase after yesterday in Cerulean City. She wanted to drag the person into the light and reveal their identity, but they let go of the weapon and pushed her backwards. "Go, this is all too dangerous!"

"Who is this?" Sandy suddenly shrieked, running forward and clinging to Alaska for support, but she pushed her away and aimed the rocket launcher at where the hands had come from.

"Why on earth should I trust you?" Alaska hissed. "You could be luring us into some false sense of needing to rely on you, when you could be behind all of this yourself!" But before the person got a chance to answer, there was a rolling nearby and Alaska, Sandy and their Pokemon all turned around. Something had appeared back the way they had come: it was perfectly round, explaining the rolling, and was half white and half red. The large ball spun around, and Sandy gasped dramatically when she saw a face.

"It's an Electrode, Gideon is here!" She screamed and began to run. However, Alaska stared more closely, taking a short step forwards and gripping the gun tighter: there was something about the eyes that just didn't look right. There were red, and were glancing around in a rather unnatural way…

"Oh crap, it's another fucking robot!" Alaska yelled furiously and pulled the trigger of the gun: she had no idea what was going to happen, but just wanted to get rid of the bloody robots once and for all. However, as the ElecBot began to roll forwards, all that came out of the launcher were three large spikes on wire. They hit the robot and bounced right off before reeling back in. Alaska looked down at the weapon as if she had a piece of crap in her hands and decided to run, not knowing how to properly work the gun as she had ignored Bill out of annoyance yesterday, and didn't have time to work it.

"NIDOOOO!" Nadia yelled, running past Alaska and heading straight for the ElecBot. Alaska turned around in shock as Nadia's head glowed white, a Skull Bash being initiated. For a moment it looked like it could be effective as Nadia yelled and charged forwards, but the hope was dashed as once the Nidoran struck Electrode. A slight yellow glow surrounded the ElecBot, and Alaska had only a seconds warning as Nadia was blasted towards her like a cannonball. She dived, but the spiked body managed to hit her hips and sent them both sprawling, the gun and Alaska's bag sliding into the darkness.

"Free Free," Butterfree cried and dived into the black, Alaska realising her Compoundeyes were going to help her find them, but a glance down at her hip showed a five centimetre long bleeding cut caused by Nadia's spikes.

"I told you to run!" The robotic voice yelled, and a foot aimed a kick at the ElecBot. It was powerfully enough and unexpected to send the Pokemon rolling away, but it bounced back a second later glowing yellow all over. Alaska knew what was coming, but only had time to cover her own head before the electricity was fired.

"AAAAAAAAHHHHH!" Sandy screamed as the lights above them all exploded, sending hot glass showering down and turning the tunnel into complete darkness. Pain shot through Alaska's legs as a fleeing Sandy tripped over them, and Alaska knew they had to act. Looking around showed the darkness could work in their favour in one way: ElecBot's eyes shone a deadly red and sparks constantly flew from it, giving them an idea of where they were.

"PAIGE!" Alaska cried.

"Pidgeotto Pidge!" The Flying type called back, though Alaska had no idea where she was.

"You're able to fly at night, so use your eyes and try and find the exit!" Alaska called back, and her faithful companion squawked back, a flash of wings signalling that she had taken off. Sandy stirred around Alaska's feet as the ElecBot stayed a few metres away. The invisible figure was no where to be seen, and Alaska wondered if this was some ruse or if the electricity had knocked him out, but thoughts of them left her mind as a figure moved nearby.

"Free Butterfree Erfree," Butterfree said, her eyes glowing a slight pink to provide extra light, though Alaska saw it was actually a Psybeam holding the metallic weapon and her bag up.

"Excellent!" Alaska said with a smile, rather relieved to have them back. "Thanks a lot," she added, and Butterfree nodded as Sandy got to her feet, both her and Bellsprout rubbing their heads.

"Oh my god, the egg, is it alright?" Sandy gasped, reaching into her satchel but Alaska snatched her hands away and passed her bag over.

"Grab the brownies and use the tray as a shield if Electrode attacks," Alaska said seriously. "You lot start running and grab Nadia, follow Paige. I am going to hold off the ElecBot and follow after."

"Good plan," Sandy said, staring nervously across at the ElecBot before starting to run. Alaska smiled as they ran, glad they were out of the way, and turned around to face the robot with the weapon in her hands. It provided a dim glow as she turned a circular part that was meant to change settings and pointed it at Electrode: it was like an old fashioned stand off, Alaska with the weapon and the robot with its electricity. They were both staring intensely at each other, both wishing to eliminate the other.

"I would love to stay and chat, maybe find out who sent you, but I really need to get to Vermilion so I'll just kill you and get going," Alaska said with a smile and pulled the trigger. There was a sound like a firework shooting into the sky, and for a shocking second Alaska thought the cylinder shaped thing that had been fired was a firework. But as it landed on the ground and broke apart, she realised it was something similar: a flare.

Within seconds, a giant shooting tower of fire was lighting up the tunnel, and Alaska suddenly caught sight of the figure: long black coat, hat covering their face, leather boots underneath long pants. The figure appeared to be running, and Alaska wanted to call out and ask what they were doing when she heard a rolling: the ElecBot was rolling around the flare and the orange and red sparks coming off from it, and was heading straight for Alaska. She cried out and began running backwards, trying to change the settings but knew that she wasn't going to make it…

"BEEEEEELLLL!" Alaska turned in shock, which turned out to be good as she knew to dodge the large metal tray flying her way. The brownie tray smashed into the ElecBot, enough force generated from Bellsprout swinging it with Vine Whip to blast it backwards. A Signal Beam crashed into the ground nearby as well, tearing through the concrete ground and pushing Electrode back further, while several purple stings were released that fell short. Alaska turned around with a bright smile to see Sandy standing with Butterfree, Bellsprout and Nadia as they all shot their attacks. They added to the light created by the flare, and Alaska had a clear path to run ahead. Once they saw she was coming, Sandy led them off in a sprint down the corridor towards a flight of stairs in the distance.

"Cheers for that!" Alaska called out with a wide smile, stunned that her friend and Pokemon had managed to pull that off. "That electricity would have blown me up if it wasn't for you lot!"

"Well, next time you pass me a tray of brownies, I'll make sure I use them," Sandy replied, and Alaska was so relieved they were escaping unharmed that she allowed herself to laugh. Nadia looked pleased as they ran alongside each other, and Alaska scooped her up.

"That was a great first job," Alaska told her, and Nadia smiled mischievously. "If I can just control your eagerness to battle, than you'll be a real force!"

"Nido Ran Ran," Nadia said with a smile, and Alaska laughed again. By this time they had reached the stairs, and she and Sandy pounded up them. Paige was waiting overhead, and Butterfree shot up to join her. Noises echoed behind them, and Alaska spared a second to glance back, watching as sparks flew bigger and faster from the ElecBot as it continued to glow a furious yellow.

"We bettet get out of here, I think our friend is having a fit," Alaska cried. They quickly spread through another bathroom sized and smelling building and poured through the door onto Route 6. Alaska wanted to keep running, but the sudden sunlight after being inside was blinding and she had to shield her eyes, placing Nadia to the ground in order to use both hands. She had only gotten a brief glimpse of the tall trees blowing in the wind around them before forcing herself to stare down at the ground, where Sandy had collapsed from exhaustion, Bellsprout lying alongside and resting on the brownies.

"Well," Alaska said with a puff, "I think that tunnel went better than it could have." Sandy opened her mouth to respond, but Alaska didn't hear as something loud thudded behind her. Curious and cautiously, she opened the door behind her to see what was going on.

She closed it a second later as an orange fist of fire rose from the stairs, but Alaska didn't have time to run before the door was blown off its hinges.

Re: How to Conquer Kanto in Eight Easy Steps - Chapter 27

The chapter was fun and it was good to see the brownies again xD that being said I'm now curious about who the man in cloak is since he seems to be becoming an even bigger influence than before. Though the ElecBot was really the highest point of this chapter and I can see why Alaska is so annoyed by them.

Chapter Twenty Eight: Getting Stoned
Re: How to Conquer Kanto in Eight Easy Steps - Chapter 27

@Stellar Haze: The brownies will continue to have a prominent role throughout the series :p The Mysterious Man does have a larger influence, and is just one of the many mysteries in Alaska's life we will find out more about in the future.

Chapter Twenty Eight: Getting Stoned

If it hadn't been for the door, Alaska would have been killed.

She tried to scream out, but even she couldn't hear herself over the roar of the explosion. Orange burned through her eyelids as the door was sent flying forwards, the weapon flying from her hands and bits of wood jabbing into her back. Alaska could tell that the explosion must have died down, otherwise the door would have been fully blasted in half, but it had simply turned into a large shield that was pushing Alaska to the ground as shots rose up all around her.

After only a few seconds in the air that felt like longer, Alaska crashed into the ground. The door bounced away but not before hitting her across the head. Alaska rolled through long grass with a loud grunt, her bag bouncing around and making her worry about her PokeBalls and laptop. But once Alaska finally came to a stop, she knew that her friends and Pokemon were more important to worry about.

"Odd Odd Oddish!" Several Oddish rushed away as Alaska looked up, clutching her head as her brain bounced around inside and felt along the temple to find she was bleeding where the door had hit her. But Alaska forced herself to get to her feet even though it made her head pound, and she watched as a pack of Meowth ran past, led by a concerned looking Persian. The worried looks on their faces were possibly just from the explosion, but Alaska didn't want to know what was left behind and looked up nervously.

The building she had past through less than a minute before was now destroyed: the windows and roof had been shattered and a fire was roaring inside, though its smoke paled in comparison to the thick black smoke rising up from the tunnel. The walls remained in tact though, and Alaska quickly remembered that Sandy, Bellsprout and Nadia had been on the ground when it happened.

"Pidgey Pidge Otto!" Paige rushed over, several feathers at odd angles but otherwise alright. She looked concerned as she came over, and Alaska couldn't help but tear up and pull her friend into a hug. "Pidge!" She squawked as Alaska clutched her tightly, but the hug became more gentle and they stayed this way for half a minute.

"Nidoooo!" The sad cry sounded all around, and Alaska quickly snapped out of her emotions as the noise struck her. She let go of Paige and tried to run forwards, but her right knee must have struck the ground hard as it was painful to run on, forcing Alaska to simply hobble forwards. She was relieved to see that Sandy was sitting upright, glass strewn through her hair and clothes but otherwise unharmed, and Bellsprout's small and flexible body had allowed her to escape injury. Butterfree had flown away with Paige and was fine as well, so Alaska focused back on Nadia who was a few feet away.

"Nadia, are you alright?" Alaska called. The Nidoran was cowering where Alaska had put her down, which had been only a few feet from the door. The little blue Pokemon was shaking furiously, and Alaska was shocked to see a cut across her back from flying grass, but her strong claws had allowed her not to be blown away by the blast.

"Oh Nadia!" Alaska said, collapsing down onto her knees and picking up the Nidoran. Nadia's tough personality had disappeared under light of this situation, and Alaska felt terrible for leaving her behind, but could only worry about what might have happened if things had been different in any way.

"I think I can hear sirens," Sandy called out. Alaska looked behind and saw a fire engine racing out of Vermilion in the distance, but there was also a siren sounding much closer. Alaska tried to find it, but turning around was only making her head shake and throb. She could feel blood dripping down her shoulder, but as she did the world began to spin. Paige, Nadia and Sandy all cried out, but Alaska had no idea why as she fell backwards onto the grass, staring up at the sky and wondered why things around her were going black. She caught a brief glimpse of Paige as she appeared overhead squawking loudly, but Alaska couldn't understand why and shut her eyes, wondering if it a little nap would make things better…

***​

You are in grave danger, Alaska Acevedo. The longer you stay on this path, the longer you are putting yourself at risk. If you cross Gideon's path again, he will most likely eliminate you. Once Neil Bolton hears you are still alive, he will stop at nothing to eliminate you. You must stop this Alaska Acevedo, before it is too late

Who are you? Why are your saying these things?

I simply can see the truth you are unwilling to see. Stop your journey, or you and your family, your Pokemon and Alexandra will be further at risk from two forces that are willing to tear our world apart. Stop your journey Alaska before it is too late…​

***​

"Hello there Alaska. It's nice to see your finally coming around.

Alaska let out a groan as her eyes began to flicker open, only to shut them tightly due to the sunshine coming in through a window and shining directly into her face. There was something soft around her head, but Alaska's head still felt as if her gym battle with Brock was being re-enacted on top of her brain. All she could remember was the incident in the tunnel and than seeing the explosion, but every after that was a blur of strange blue light, a shadowed figure that hadn't been human and deep, meaningful voices. The bed she was in felt comfortable, though Alaska began to note she was only wearing a singlet and underwear underneath the thick blankets.

"I don't know what is going on, but I sure hope that whoever you are, you didn't undress me," Alaska murmured and glanced towards the sound of raucous laughter. She had been expecting it to be a doctor, nurse or Sandy, but was surprised to see a grey haired man sitting next to her. He was wearing long grey-brown pants and elaborate purple felt jacket that looked like her grandfather's dressing gown had been butchered. Despite the grey hair the man looked a lot younger, possibly only in his late thirties or early forties, and it wasn't until he had stopped laughing that Alaska's injured head registered who he was.

"Your Steven Stone, aren't you?" Alaska gasped. "You were the Hoenn Champion after defeating Mr Devon, and then you had that really famous battle with Wallace that you eventually forfeited because…"

"I said that I was getting bored and he could have the title and all the glitter coated crap that came with it," Steven replied calmly and Alaska let out a laugh that quickly turned into a cough. "If it reassures you to know, you are not going to be terribly wounded by that explosion yesterday. You have several stitches in your head and they suspect you may have twisted your knee in an odd way when you struck the ground, but you are expected to recover nicely.

"I've been here overnight?" Alaska said in shock, her relief at not being injured being overshone by this fact. "Have you been sitting here all this time and perving at me in my undies?" Steven let out another laugh, but Alaska gave him a look to show she was serious.

"Oh dear, I am not interested in your body in the slightest, though you are a very attractive young woman," the ex champion said. "I am asexual: I do not believe in waffling away my time with a romantic conquest of any variety. My Rock and Steel Pokemon are my only love, and I have my time devoted towards expanding our world's possible knowledge on the legends of our past.

"Well, I am sorry to tell you this, but loving a Rock type sounds like it would lead to some pretty painful sex," Alaska said, and Steven's laughter echoed around as one hand clutched his side and the other patted Alaska on the arm.

"Oh my, your sense of humour is as inappropriate and vulgar as your blog suggests, but I must admit I walked into that." Alaska would have been willing to laugh along, but something the seemingly kind man had just said turned her laughter into a scowl.

"You've read my blog?" She said in almost a hiss. "Let me guess: Professor Oak or Bill or one of the 'Kanto Elites' found out I was involved and sent you here to check on me, just make sure I was still alive and to possibly help you in dragging Gideon out of hiding, or some stupid plan like that?"

"Heavens no my dear," Steven said with a gasp. "I am currently in Vermilion City for a meeting with the Pokemon Fan Club President concerning some theories he has that could help me into my current research when I heard about the explosion. I must admit that I have heard of you through Bill and have been reading your blog, which I read more for its delightfulness than for your account of the grim dealings you've been through. I came to see if you were alright and saw you were on your own and thought it was best that you woke up to someone." Alaska was convinced by the story, but another fear rushed through her that made her try and swing her legs around.

"Where are Sandy and my Pokemon?" She asked as she tried to move, but Steven leapt up and pulled her back around just as Alaska's head throbbed.

"While you got the worst injuries and shouldn't move," Steven warned, "Sandy was not harmed by the explosion, asides from glass landing on her and leaving a few small cuts that were easily treated. She recounted what happened in the tunnel to police officers, from the Electrode robot to the shadowed figure, but whilst firemen have found some electronic parts, there are no signs of human remains so we can only presume the figure got away." Alaska found this interesting, but was more eager to know about her Pokemon.

"Your Nidoran has suffered a cut on her back but the nurse at the Pokemon Center sewed it up, and Paige and Sandy's Butterfree and Bellsprout were healed as well and are currently resting," Steven explained with a smile. "Sandy went into shock for a while and I didn't like the idea of her stressing out at the police station or by your bedside, so she is currently with a friend of yours at Vermilion Gym." Alaska had no idea who this friend was, but lay back in the bed and sighed with relief.

"I am glad the Pokemon are alright, but I feel so bad for Nadia: she'd only be on my team for a few hours and she's already injured," she explained with a sad sigh, staring out of her window at the clear blue sea around her. "Is all our stuff alright?"

"Your bag is here, and I checked through and your laptop and that contraption Bill gave you are all fine," Steven said, "and I found it amusing to see you have those brownies," which caused Alaska to laugh softly. "Sandy's things are fine as well: she was worried her egg may have been damaged, but it was insulated well. She told me about Andy and Judy, a nice couple I have known for a while: it is a pity they don't have the facilities anymore to look after the egg themselves, but Sandy seems friendly and competent."

"She and the Pokemon saved me in the tunnel," Alaska explained. "The ElecBot was about to smash right through me when they pushed it away. I really should thank them again." Steven nodded to this and they fell silent. Alaska felt tired, but she had never been one for lying on her bed at home with nothing to do and decided to continue her conversation. "Is there any news as to who is behind the robot, or who is behind the nuclear bomb on Chrono?" Steven looked quizzically down at Alaska, a half smile coming onto his face that slightly unnerved Alaska.

"You seem quite with things," the champion explained. "Always eager to find the answers and work out what is happening: I know you said on your blog you wanted to ignore things, but I think you stand a good chance at solving things." Alaska felt uncomfortable at this: she didn't want to get further involved with anything, but his words made her think she should be.

"I think Gideon was behind the nuclear bomb," Alaska explained to deflect the statement. "It seems like something he would do, but I am not sure why. I don't think he is behind the robots though: he seemed surprised by the GolemBot, and it would have ended up killing him if Onix hadn't crushed it. However, Sandy and I were discussing things and I think Gideon is trying to build his own fossil resurrection machine but with some sort of added twist." Steven nodded along with this, wearing a look that seemed similar to as if they were having an intellectual debate over tea rather than in a hospital bed.

"Your talents are far too wasted to be in this room," Steven said suddenly, not acknowledging Alaska's theories at all which slightly stunned her. "I am going to see if I can take you out in a wheelchair, just to give you a lovely view of the city, and than we can go and find Miss Samson, alright?"

"Sure, but what about my – ," Alaska began, but was interrupted as Steven briskly leapt to his feet and walked out of the room. Only now that she was alone did Alaska realise how bare the room was, with only one window in front of her and a door to the side, possibly a bathroom on the other but she didn't care enough to check.

All of these things that were happening to her were confusing and frustrating. Alaska had left Viridian City to finally embark on a journey and to show Chloe and everyone what a true trainer without a starter type could do. While she had her two gym badges and four Pokemon, Alaska was annoyed with herself for getting involved in all of this. She could only imagine what might have happened if she hadn't bother to dive into the Beedrill's nest or hadn't gone into the Pewter Museum: would her life be simpler? Would she had ever encountered Gideon and gotten involved in his mad plan, or had to deal with giant robots and mysterious men that hid in the shadows? Than there were all the famous people that knew who she was, the strange brain switching blue lightning and the electronic voice at the gyms that enjoyed mocking her – the number of mysteries were building up and Alaska didn't have the answers to any of them.

Tears of frustration began to build up as Alaska angrily lashed out with her good leg, kicking the sides of the bed. All she had wanted was a nice normal journey, but now she had robots trying to kill her and people who probably had access to every detail of her life that was on record. Gideon had most likely blown up an entire island and killed hundreds of people, but Alaska didn't even know why yet a part of her wanted to go across to Chrono Island and start looking for clues through the ashes.

No matter what Alaska wanted, she was caught up in something bigger than herself. Though the voice in her dreams sounded too real to be part of her subconscious, whatever it was had a fair point that she could only get deeper into the mystery now. Alaska allowed her tears to stream silently down her face as she knew that there was no way she could get out of this, and that things were only going to get worse from here on.

Re: How to Conquer Kanto in Eight Easy Steps - Chapter 28

Oh my god Alaska cried! that is so cute actually! that's why I nominated her the change between her usual sarcastic and cynical demeanor to a defenseless person that just relied the cold truth is what makes her oh so great. That being said I like how she instantly jumped into the perverted conclusion once she saw Steven it's so weird actually she always warns people about not thinking about it but she's the one that thinks about it first xD

I really feel sorry for her though she's the one that came out the more hurt and now her idea of a normal journey has all but vanished.

I like Steven he has that cool yet serious hair to him.

Also I should've nominated the brownies for best supporting character xD I think I might.

Re: How to Conquer Kanto in Eight Easy Steps - Chapter 28

@Stellar Haze: I want to show Alaska is a human being: whilst she didn't burst into tears, more welled up, I did want to show that she is upset at the fact she knows her journey is going to be continue to be tarnished, and thanks for the nominations as well by the way: I appreciate the acknowledgement :) And I am glad with this Steven: he is the same Steven as KvG, of course, but I feel his air has changed in lot in these past four years :p

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom