• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

MATURE: How to Conquer Kanto in Eight Easy Steps - Chapter 100

Chapter Three: The Bird and the Seed
Re: How to Conquer Kanto in Eight Easy Steps- Chapter Two

It only took twenty minutes for the nurse to fully heal Paige and Darwin, but it was twenty minutes too long for Alaska. She had never had a proper battle before. Whenever her older brother and sister came back from the Academy, they refused to let her train with them, never seeing Paige as enough of a challenge. Alaska had resorted to occasional battles with school acquaintances and neighbours, enough to keep Paige occupied but never anything that lasted more than two minutes.

So to actually be facing a real opponent in a real battle, especially someone she couldn't wait to defeat, had Alaska buzzing the whole time she was waiting. She practically ran to the Trainer House with Paige flapping behind her, unable to contain her excitement.

Standing at the entrance, The Trainer's House towered above her, radiating the power it seemed to possess. Rebuilt in its original style, the two storey building was made up of wood panelled walls that parted only at the corners to expose the brick underneath. The green roof dipped down so she could just see the top, illuminated briefly by the sun. With all its browns and greens, Alaska had always thought of the House as being like a tree, and the image only made her smile widen as she stepped through the doors.

"Welcome to the Viridian Trainer House." Alaska was barely inside before a woman in a purple skirt, jacket and hat appeared behind the reception desk. She beamed down at Alaska with a megawatt smile, conjuring up images of some evil lavender robot.

"Um, hello, I'm just here for a battle," Alaska replied, dumping her bag on the desk. The receptionist continued to smile, but it wavered the moment the tatty bag landed on her polished desk. Taking the hint, Alaska awkwardly picked it up and glanced around the room: it was done up like some hipster library, with plush carpet, a hodgepodge of sofas and beanbags, calm beige and maroon colours everywhere and a polished bookcase loaded with books.

"Well, our upstairs training facility is free, but our basement battling room is booked out at the moment," the receptionist explained.

"I'm actually here to go downstairs, I'm… I'm a… a friend of Chloe Carmichael," Alaska said, struggling to repress a shudder. The receptionist struggled to hide her surprise, but stepped out from the desk regardless.

"They didn't tell me they were expecting someone else, so let's just sort this out," she said prissily, and led Alaska across the open space to a wide staircase at the other end of the building. As Alaska followed after, bangs and shouts sounded from above, and she and Paige exchanged a look.

"Don't worry, we're structurally sound," the receptionist laughed falsely. Alaska forced a laugh, but rolled her eyes and gave the woman the finger as they headed down the stairs. The same group of black clad people from earlier were milling around at the bottom, and they all turned and watched as the pair descended.

"Miss Anderson, I have a young lady here who says she was expected?" The receptionist called out. The production crew all eyed her up, but Alaska looked away, awestruck by the arena: it was about twice the size of the ground floor, with four different battlefields, huge green, brown and black pitches made from different material. Wooden stands lined the walls, while a huge desk stood before stands of Pokémon medicine and a healing machine on the back wall

"This room is amazing!" Alaska murmured, and she couldn't believe she was having her first battle her. She went to step towards the field, but the reality crew stepped before her, one shoving a camera into her face. She stepped back, startled; she was surrounded, and the stars weren't there to support her. Chloe, Damian and Lachlan stood in the middle of room, talking while a Charmander, Bulbasaur and Squirtle ran around them. Alaska tried to signal to them, but the crew were swarming around her like flies.

"What are you on about, Lucia? I did not order a fourth teenager." The camera crew parted, revealing a tall, thin woman looming beside the receptionist. Alaska first thought was that she'd stepped into a children's book, as the woman looked like she should be the evil teacher in a fantasy series: her jet black hair was pulled tightly back in a bun, showing off her long, thin face and half-moon glasses; she was dressed in a pinched, charcoal pencil skirt with matching blazer, pointed leather shoes, and only the glimpse of a white blouse for colour. She looked down at Alaska like she was a bug, clipboard clutched like she was about to swat her away. Alaska wasn't easily intimidated, but she could tell this was a woman you didn't want to mess with.

"I am Amanda, Amanda Anderson," the woman snapped out quickly in her clipped voice, stuttering slightly on the S. "Who exactly are you?"

"I'm Alaska, Alaska Acevedo," Alaska replied, accidentally copying the woman's stutter, earning her an even sterner glare. "I know Chloe and I've come to battle her." Amanda clearly didn't like that answer: her eyes narrowed, her nostrils flared, her fingers rapped against the wooden clipboard.

"I see. I suppose you're a trainer as well then?"

"Nah, I just rent my shoulder out to this Pidgey. She pays me in bird seed."

"How very witty of you," Amanda sneered. She looked between Alaska, her crew and the talent and let out a gurgled sigh. "I suppose I will make an allowance this one time – this is only a test, after all. However, I don't want you disturbing our filming again: I am the producer of this show, and I do not take kindly to interruptions. And you won't post anything about this on social media." Alaska felt like she was being scolded by some uptight nun. She pondered on that last comment, wondering if the sole reason Miss Anderson had approved the battle was out of fear Alaska might bad mouth her on . "You have ten minutes."

"Don't worry; I'll only need five." Amanda simply glowered at her and stalked off, leading Lucia the receptionist away. The rest of the crew watched her gormlessly, and Alaska sidled past them and towards the reality stars.

"Oh great," Chloe mumbled as Alaska approached, cutting Lachlan off mid-sentence. "I was hoping you had gotten lost – it's not as though you're that familiar with the richer part of town."

"Nice to see you too Chloe," Alaska said, forcing a smile. "Ready to lose?"

"I should say the same to you." The blonde was clearly annoyed, but she turned and signalled at the Pokémon nonetheless.

"What's got Amanda in a mood?" Damian asked. Alaska turned and saw Amanda was looming over the receptionist, angry gestures making it clear she was annoyed.

"Beats me," Alaska mumbled, but she could see now she really did only have ten minutes. Her cockiness lessening, she turned to tell Chloe to hurry up. However, three Pokémon had appeared, and Alaska paused and slowly looked down at them.

She had of course seen the three before: there was no avoiding pictures of Bulbasaur, Squirtle and Charmander when the registration push started, their faces covering bus stops and bill boards, appearing in every other ad on TV, covering magazines and newspapers. But Alaska had never seen either one of them in the flesh before, and she couldn't help but stare. Squirtle's yellow and brown shell shone in the light, while Charmander cradled his tail as he watched her, oblivious to the fire dancing near his face. Bulbasaur appeared the most apprehensive of the three, stepping away as she watched them, but all three looked up at her with wide, innocent, curious eyes. They were nothing more than toddlers, pruned and polished to be fit for television, unaware of the journey they were about to embark on.

God how she hated them.

"You must forgive them, Alaska, they are only young after all – they're not quite used to looking at monsters yet." Chloe laughed shrilly as she picked up the Bulbasaur, who instantly relaxed into her grip.

"Look at us, we're just like the Warrior Trio, aren't we?" Lachlan said, beaming stupidly as he picked up his Squirtle. Alaska felt her skin crawl and shot him a look, wiping away his smile.

"I'm ready when you are – let's do this!" Chloe suddenly snapped.

"Is using a Bulbasaur against a Pidgey really a good idea?" Damian asked, eyebrows raised. Chloe's smirk waned and she stared thunderously at him, fists clenching around her Pokémon.

"We're both new trainers, type doesn't matter at this level," she retorted quickly, but began blushing and quickly turned to her end of the battlefield. "Hurry up, Acevedo!"

"Coming, coming," Alaska said, shaking her head and snapping out of her thoughts. She led Paige down to the opposite end, and the crew stepped forwards: a microphone appeared in the air, two cameramen positioned themselves around the field, and one of the producers stepped forwards to act as referee.

"This is just a test at the moment, so there will only be one take," the bristle-faced youth said. "The battle ends when one of the Pokémon is unable to battle. We just need a few seconds to check everything's working, so if you can prepare yourselves…"

"Are you ready, Bulbasaur? This will be fun!" Chloe told her new starter, placing him between her feet before looking wildly up at Alaska.

"Bulba Bulb!" Bulbasaur happily waddled forwards, his little green seed shaking with each step he did.

It'll be fun for someone, Alaska thought. "Alright Paige, ready?"

"Pidgey Pidge Pid!" Paige chirped as she took off, fluttering towards the rafters. Alaska smiled and she looked determinedly across at her opponent: she was finally here, finally having her first battle. And she was going to fight a starter, one of the Kanto starters… she couldn't stuff this up.

"Alright, we're ready," the producer yelled. "How about you two… nodding from both, I like it – alright then, go!"

"Tackle!" Chloe yelled, pointing overdramatically at Paige.

"Sand Attack," Alaska countered, putting all her focus on the two Pokémon. Bulbasaur kicked his legs and prepared to run, but Paige dove down before he knew what was happening: she looked like she would hit the ground, but swooped up at the last second, dragging her wing over the ground and flicking it towards her opponent.

"Saur!" Bulbasaur yelled as dust and dirt got in his eyes, instantly blinding him. Still crying, he ran forwards without any knowledge of where he was going, simply going for where Paige had been a moment ago. However, she had flown back up to the roof, and Bulbasaur pathetically ran into the wall.

"She isn't that hard to spot, use Tackle again!" Chloe wailed, and Alaska saw her eyes flicker between the cameras, clearly more focussed on her image than the battle at hand.

"You do know that Sand Attack lowers the accuracy of your Pokémon's moves, and Tackle already has a low accuracy?"

"Um… I know that – it's just…"

"Hit him with Gust!" Chloe fell silent at the interruption, and watched in horror as Paige frantically flapped her wings: the generated wind hit Bulbasaur square in the face, sending him hurtling backwards. As the boom operator struggled to control his microphone in the gust, the cameras captured as the Grass-type soared over the field. Chloe squealed and raised her arms, unable to stop the unavoidable, and Bulbasaur crashed into her, sending them both tumbling over. Lachlan let out a snort of laughter that echoed throughout the room, and Alaska's serious gaze faded at the sight of Chloe flailing on the field. She let out a single hoot, and soon was struggling to stand up straight

"B-b-b-but… this isn't over!" Chloe shrieked.

"Oh, I think it is!" Alaska said breathlessly. "Finish this Paige: QUICK ATTACK OF DOOM!" Paige stopped smirking and shot forwards at an alarming speed, white energy shooting from her wings as she soared down. Chloe screamed and practically threw Bulbasaur away in defence, and Paige hit him in his airborne underbelly. The smash as the Seed Pokémon hit the wall made Alaska cringe, but as his unmoving body fell to the floor, a strange, joyous sensation rose through her body.

"Bulbasaur is unable to battle, meaning Alaska is our winner!" The producer yelled. Alaska paused for a second, taking those words in, and then she screamed and jumped into the air.

"We did it Paige, we won our first battle!" She shouted, pulling the Bird Pokémon in and hugging her tight. Her body was shaking with excitement; she could barely see straight; her mind was a mess. Alaska knew only one thing: she had won her first battle, and that could never be taken away from her.

But as her joy consumed her, a hammering sound began to echo. Alaska looked up and saw Amanda walking towards them, high heels rapping against the hard surface of the battlefield.

Looks like my ten minutes is up. "It was lovely to meet you all," she said quickly, waving to Damian and Lachlan and hoisting her bag onto her shoulder. The two looked amused and impressed, but weren't saying anything. "I suppose this is goodbye… for now," she added, winking at Amanda, and quickly skirted across the field. The producer paused, eye twitching, and Alaska rushed out of her grip. No one stopped her as she left, the cameras simply following her up the stairs as she fled from their lives.

It only took ten minutes for the nurse to fully heal Paige and Darwin at the Pokemon Center, so Alaska was soon on her way towards the Trainers House. She’d never participated in a proper battle before, asides from the occasional battle with her younger brother Freddie. Her two older siblings, twins Edward and Emily, had moved to the Sevii Islands to attend a special boarding school and university, so Alaska hadn’t had the chance to know them properly, let alone get the chance to battle them.

But Alaska didn’t want to think about her family too much while she was out on her exciting new adventure, and the teenager put all thoughts of her family into the back of her head, and purposely turned away from looking at her small, sad house as she walked past.

The Trainer’s House towered above her, truly radiating the power it possessed. The two storey structure, with a large basement area underneath, had huge wooden walls mixed in with red-brown brick to support the structure, and a pleasant green roof glowed in the sunlight on top. Because of these colours, Alaska had always thought of the building as being like a tree, and smiled at that image as she slowly walked through the doors.

“Welcome to the Viridian Trainer House.” A woman in a purple skirt with matching jacket and hat stood at a reception desk by the door, a megawatt smile beaming down at Alaska as she stepped in.

“Oh, hey there, what’s going on?” Alaska asked, placing her bag down on the desk. The woman remained smiling, but she seemed to glare at the filthy bag on her nice polished desk. Alaska awkwardly removed it and the receptionist returned to her calmer composure.

“I’m sorry to say that our main battling area downstairs is closed,” the receptionist explained. “But our training area upstairs is still open.”

“I’m actually here to go downstairs, I’m….” Alaska took a deep breath to prevent herself from throwing up before continuing. “a friend of Chloe Carmichael.” The receptionist looked like stunned, but she quickly checked a list of her computer and nodded.

“Let me show you the way.” And she walked out from behind her desk, heading towards a staircase at the end of the large floor. Alaska walked behind her, examining the room as she went. There were lots of tables and chairs scattered around the place, all looking very flash. Two bookcases stood side by side on one wall next to a large white machine, while widescreen Pokemon-PC Computers were on the opposite end for people to do their appropriate research. No one else was on this floor, but shouts and cries could be heard coming down from upstairs, and the whole building shook temporarily.

“Don’t worry, we’re structurally sound.” The receptionist laughed, and Alaska forced a laughed, but rolled her eyes and gave the woman the finger as they headed down the stairs. There was some quiet chatter coming from down here, and Alaska had been expecting a lot more noise than this from a battling arena.

“Miss Anderson, Miss Anderson, I have a young lady here for your group.” The receptionist skipped down the last few stairs, and Alaska trotted after. The battling area was about twice the size of the ground floor, with about four different battling fields, several metal cabinets on the wall, and a refreshment stand for trainers, along with bleachers.

“This room is so cool!” Alaska murmured, finally getting off the stairs. She suddenly found three cameramen standing around her, with other reality show workers only a few feet away. Chloe, along with Damian and Lachlan, stood in the middle of the battle area, talking amongst themselves. A Charmander, Bulbasaur and Squirtle were running around them, their laughter the loudest thing in the room. Alaska wanted to march over to them and challenge Chloe, but then a clipped voice filled the room.

“What do you mean another teenager, we didn’t order a fourth one!” Alaska turned around as the cameramen nervously stood aside. The stern looking woman Alaska had seen earlier marched forwards, glaring down at her. The woman’s jet black hair was done in a bun, showing off her long thing face and half-moon glasses. She was dressed like a secretary with a pencil skirt, white blouse and smart black shoes, a clipboard under her arm. She was looking down at Alaska like she was a piece of filth, ready to squash her like a bug. Alaska didn’t usually get scared, but the way the woman was looking at her sent a shiver down her spine.

“My name is Amanda, Amanda Anderson.” The woman said quickly, stuttering slightly on the S in her name. “And who exactly are you?”

“I’m Alaska, Alaska Acevedo.” Alaska replied, accidentally copying the woman’s stutter, earning her an even sterner glare. “I know Chloe and I’ve come to battle her.” Amanda looked down at Alaska, and then turned crossly at Chloe, who seemed to cower even though there weren’t even near each other.

“I see.” Amanda said, half sighing half snapping. “I am the producer of this television programme, and I do not like it when things do not go the way I arranged them.” Alaska felt like she was being scolded by some uptight nun as the producer stared evilly down at her, this little pest that was interrupting her television show. “I’ll give you five minutes to battle, but then I want you on your way, we have a segment to film here!” And then Amanda walked away, heading over towards the scared looking receptionist. Alaska simply shrugged and moved quickly over towards the three stars.

“You don’t want to piss this woman off.” Damian warned as Alaska arrived. “She already seems like she’s going to be a nasty cow.” Alaska simply shrugged and dropped her bag on the floor. Bulbasaur, Squirtle and Charmander all came to a halt from their chasing game, looking up at Alaska in shock.

“So Chloe, which of these little darlings am I going to defeat?” Alaska asked with a wide grin. Chloe’s eyes narrowed as she glared at her enemy, and then bent down and picked up the Bulbasaur, who nuzzled his new trainer.

“This is my new Pokemon!” Chloe explained, giving Bulbasaur a hug. Charmander and Squirtle moved towards Damian and Lachlan

respectively, and the boys picked their starter Pokemon up as well.
“Is using a Bulbasaur against a Pidgey really a good idea?” Lachlan chuckled, and Chloe’s smiling face suddenly dropped, causing Alaska to burst out into laughter.

“It isn’t about type advantage, we are both new trainers!” Chloe mumbled, but Alaska’s knees began to go weak from laughing, and Damian and Lachlan smirked as well. Chloe growled and angrily marched over to a spot on the battle field. “Hurry up Acevedo!”

“I’m coming, I’m coming.” Alaska said breathlessly through her laughter, and she managed to stumble on over to her position. Damian, Lachlan and their Pokemon positioned themselves to watch, and Amanda stopped yelling at the receptionist in order to watch the match.

“Come on Bulbasaur, this’ll be fun!” Chloe told her new starter, and put the green grass type at the floor between her feet.

“Bulba Bulb!” Bulbasaur said happily and waddled forwards, his little green seed shaking with each step he did.

“Not only will it be fun, it’ll also be quick.” Alaska added, making Chloe scowl, and then pulled her own PokeBall out. “Paige, let’s go!” The PokeBall spiralled through the air and burst open, the Pidgey forming and fluttering into the air.

“Pidgey Pidge Pid!” Paige chirped, looking between Alaska, Chloe and the Bulbasaur. But than she caught on and winked at Alaska, making her laugh.

“Begin with Tackle!” Chloe ordered, and she pointed overdramatically at Paige. Alaska and Paige simply exchanged looks and smirked at each other.

“Sand Attack.” Alaska commanded, and Paige dove down before Bulbasaur knew what to do: she whacked her wing against the ground, showering Bulbasaur in dirt and sand. It hit him in the eyes, instantly blinding him.

“Saur Saur!” He moaned, and ran forwards without any knowledge of where he was going. Chloe gasped as her Pokemon ran straight into the wall, and Alaska and Paige exchanged giggles.

“She isn’t that hard to spot, use Tackle again!” Chloe huffed, and Alaska rolled her eyes.

“You do know that Sand Attack lowers the accuracy of your Pokemon’s moves, and Tackle already has a low accuracy?” She explained, smiling at Paige and pleased that she had read that Beginner Trainer’s Pamphlet they had at the PokeMart. “I’ll just have to punish your silly judgement with Gust!” Chloe looked shocked as Paige flapped her wings frantically, the wind generated striking Bulbasaur and blasting him backwards, sending him hurtling through the air. Chloe squealed and raised her arms, and Bulbasaur bounced off them, making both Alaska and Lachlan roar with laughter.

“B-b-b-but….” Chloe stumbled, and Alaska puffed her chest proudly, Paige doing the same.

“QUICK ATTACK OF DOOM!” Alaska shouted and continued cracking up. Paige moved forwards at an alarming speed, flying into Bulbasaur and striking him. Chloe yelled again as Bulbasaur was sent soaring between her legs, only stopping when he smashed into the wall. Damian ran forwards with a stunned Charmander and looked at the Seed Pokemon.

“He’s fainted, looks like Alaska wins.” He announced. Alaska mimed a curtsey as Paige landed on her shoulder, bowing to the audience.

“I guess I’ll be out of your hair now then.” She said. Chloe was at a loss for words, frozen where she was standing, while Lachlan and his Squirtle were struggling not to laugh and Damian was gobsmacked yet impressed. Alaska waltzed proudly back to the stairs, passed the stunned camera crew, walking by the half smirking, half shocked receptionist, but paused at Amanda Anderson, who was looking outraged.

“Goodbye…. For now.” Alaska said with a wink, and Paige chirped loudly with laughter as they headed up the staircase, leaving half the people behind them looking like they’d been slapped.

Last edited:
Re: How to Conquer Kanto in Eight Easy Steps- Chapter Three

All right! Now it can truly get under way.

The only thing about these first few chapters is that it looks like it could use another proofread. There were a few small mistakes ("than" instead of "then", etc.) here and there, but nothing major.

Well, Lugion's already mentioned the small errors.
I've read this story now, and I just love the banter!
QUICK ATTACK OF DOOM!!!
Just pure win.
For some reason, I like Alakska better than Kris, maybe it's the attitude?
I also like how you did away with the whole Charmander Squirtle Bulbasaur thing. It's a journeyfic, but the ideas set it apart, and it's truly amazing.
Well done! I'll definitely keep reading this!

LT: Thanks, I want them to be more comical rivals than "Ash vs Paul" sort of ones. And I've never seen TPATF, so I don't know if thats a compliment or insult :p
Lugion: Yeah, I always notice mistakes when I go back through my stories, but a few tiny mistakes don't really bother me too much :p
FB: I did laugh when I wrote that line :p And I don't like my characters to be too similar, so I'm glad that you find them different :D And yes, the starters need their place, and it isn't this story :p

I'm just so glad that people like this so much! :D

yaaaaay I got a character named after me!

LT: I guess I will then :)
Alaska: Congrats, you share a name with someone :p

Aside from the odd spelling error, your story is really good. Not only is it an unique twist on the average journeyfic, you also provided us with excellent, memorable characters. I especially like Alaska's Pidgey and Chloe's Bulbasaur (even though it got pwned...).
The receptionist laughed, and Alaska forced a laughed, but rolled her eyes and gave the woman the finger as they headed down the stairs.
Forced a laugh.
“I’m actually here to go downstairs, I’m….” Alaska took a deep breath to prevent herself from throwing up before continuing. “a friend of Chloe Carmichael.”
Wow...I can't believe she was actually able to say that! Lol...
“Bulba Bulb!” Bulbasaur said happily and waddled forwards, his little green seed shaking with each step he did.
Awww...
“Goodbye…. For now.” Alaska said with a wink, and Paige chirped loudly with laughter as they headed up the staircase, leaving half the people behind them looking like they’d been slapped.
Yay, she won!! :D

Chapter Four: Leaving on a Grand Adventure

Thanks a lot :D I thought too many journey fics on here involve the starters, and I think that some of the other Pokemon deserve a chance to shine :D

Her walk home was, for once, full of glee. Alaska couldn't help but skip down the road, the rush of her first win coursing through her body. The thud of Bulbasaur hitting the wall, the look on Chloe's face, the fact Paige had pulled that off so soon... it was too much to take in, but it only made Alaska hungry for more.

"Didn't that make you feel aliiiive Paige?" She yelled, spinning on the spot and resisting the urge to scream.

"Pidge Geeeeeee!" Paige replied as she soared up into the air and dived back down gracefully, managing to land perfectly on Alaska's shoulder. Alaska just laughed and began wandering through Viridian City in peace. Now that she had completed this battle, there was only one thing left to do: begin her journey.

It was only over the last few days that Alaska had realised how much she had wanted this. Her life and dreams had been on hold for five years now. With her father unemployed, her brother and sister taking off to the Arcethian Academy, Alaska had been forced to step up. She had fantasized about leaving, but it had never seemed likely.

As she headed back towards her house, Alaska suddenly felt very small. This would be the last time she would enter her house for weeks, months, possibly years. The last time she would be in her room, see her family, watch her shows, eat her mum's food… Alaska would have to fend for herself now, and she hoped she would be able to handle it.

As long as I have my Pokémon, I'll be fine. Alaska thought. Paige had been her oldest and only friend for many years, and she pulled out the PokeBall that now contained Darwin. If I keep these two with me, and whatever other Pokémon I catch, I will be fine.

Out of nowhere, a crooked white gate appeared before her. Alaska paused and stared into her backyard, taking the sunset-lit view in for the last time. She could remember all the colours of their old garden; the rich green grass, a rainbow of flowers everywhere you looked. Alaska couldn't remember the ground being flat though. It was always cracked and uneven in her mind now. Her mum had tried to keep the pot plants going, but eventually they had been left to shrivel and die. Alaska could see the grass was beginning to yellow in the summer heat.

Still, it looked better than the outside of the house. It was still upright, that was the one thing Alaska never took for granted – they may not qualify for funding, but they've always had a roof over their heads. Unfortunately, theirs leaked, the cracked tiles and twisted frames making a bad combination. Alaska's eyes gazed over the cracked windows, the peeling paint, the rotten weatherboards. The thing that hurt much about this view was how much it affected her parents. They had been so proud, she remembered that at least. How she wished they would be again some day…

"Come on then Paige," Alaska said quietly. "It's time to say our goodbyes."

"Pidgey Pidge." With her wing, Paige patted Alaska on the back. Alaska smiled, and she walked slowly into her house for the last time. It was dark inside, and Alaska paused beside an old family portrait, stepping cautiously on the creaking floorboards. Had the power been cut again, or had they just not bothered to open the curtains?

"Hello….?" No response. Clutching Darwin's PokeBall, Alaska crept further into the house, the only light coming from her father's television in the distance.

"SURPRISE!" The curtains were flung open, and Alaska was nearly blinded by the low sun. Two figures leapt out from behind the couch, clapping at her shock.

"Told you we'd get her!" A woman who looked identical to Alaska, with greyer hair and a wrinkled face, stepped forwards with her arms extended. "Come here, love."

"Should have known you'd do something like this," Alaska groaned, but accepted the hug from her mother Robin all the same. The stress of the two jobs, financial problems and having a house that was falling down had taken a toll on her once great beauty, but Robin always had a smile and refused to let anything get her down.

"I want a hug, I want a hug!" Freddie came running up to them and colliding with their hips, making both woman groan. Only nine, Alaska still felt like was too short, his head barely reaching over her hips. He had wild black hair, a cute little face with big blue eyes and wore the sort of mismatched clothing typical of all small children. Alaska had spent years caring for him, and as he was oblivious to the issues of the family, his clueless optimism always managed to cheer her up.

"I hope you haven't planned anything else," Alaska said after hugging her younger brother, looking at her mother with a serious gaze.

"Nothing big," Robin replied defensively, shrugging. "Don't look at me like that – we might not see you for months, we have to do something!" There was no messing with her when she wanted her way, and Alaska sighed and prepared for extravagancies.

"We made you brownies!" Freddie grabbed Alaska's hand and led her to the kitchen. The two had whiled away plenty of weekends baking together while Emily and Edward trained without them. Freddie had a habit of misreading recipes though when left to his own devices, and Alaska and Robin exchanged looks as the younger boy threw a tray onto the bench, the "brownies" inside. It looked as though Freddie had sprinkled ash over bricks, as the kitchen knife Robin tried to put through nearly snapped in half.

"It looks delicious!" Alaska began, putting on her fakest of smiles. "I wish I could have some now, but I'm really in a bit of a rush to get going." While Alaska had all the time in the world, she didn't know what else to stay to get out of eating the teeth-destroying brownies.

"Oh, ok." Freddie looked sadly down at his impossibly hard brownies. But then his face lit up and he grabbed a plastic bag from a cupboard. "You can just take the brownies with you!" Alaska's heart sank, and Paige had to land in order to laugh into her wings.

"Great idea Freddie, I can't wait to try them!" Alaska threw the bag with the brownies and a knife towards her backpack, nearly taking a huge chunk of her wall out.

"Must you go now? I was going to make you dinner – roast potatoes and deep fried karp, your favourite!" Alaska's stomach rumbled at the thought, her mouth salivating slightly.

"I'd love to, but I really want to get going. I have to start at some point." Freddie let out a loud sob, and Alaska quickly pulled him into a hug. "Don't worry, I'll be back eventually – I have to come home to fight Leaf, remember?" She explained, though the words filled her with disgust. Freddie nodded, but then let out a wail and ran off towards his room.

"I feel so guilty," Alaska moaned. Robin sighed and gave her daughter a tight hug.

"Don't be, it'll just hold you back," she whispered. "You deserve to go on a journey. You've been a great daughter these past few years, it's about time you got to be a teenager." She paused, and both women glanced at the cracked walls around them. Alaska could see her mother was on the verge of tears, but Robin caught her staring and wiped them away. "Don't you worry about us, we'll be fine!"

"If anything goes wrong, you have to –" but Robin cut her off, pointing firmly at the door. Alaska sighed and smiled, accepting the order. "See you later dad!" There was no response from William Acevedo, which probably meant he was asleep. Alaska was tempted to go and wake him, but what would she say to a man who never spoke, the father she barely knew anymore?

"Let me know if he gets any better, okay?" Robin nodded at this, her eyes welling up again. Alaska shoved the brownies into her bag and checked she had everything, doing it all in silence. They had said all they possibly could say now: if she hung around any longer, the tears would flow and never stop, and Alaska doubted she would find the strength to leave.

Paige was twittering madly on her shoulder, the sentimentality meaning nothing to her. Wanting to laugh, Alaska stood up and headed for the door. She caught Freddie peering out of his room and she waved vigorously before stepping out the front door.

"One last thing." Alaska paused and turned; her mother was standing in the doorway, her face suddenly serious. "Just… just be careful." Robin spoke to her daughter, but her eyes looked towards the town. Alaska knew what she was staring at: even from here, their bronzed heads were visible, particularly at dusk when the sunset hit their faces just right.

"Our journeys are going to be completely different mum. There haven't been any serious threats since Galactic."

"I know, I know, but still… it's a whole new world, isn't it?" Robin said, laughing slightly in her nerves. "I thought the War had been bad enough, but all that…"

"I'll be fine, please don't worry." Alaska threw her arms around her mother again just to silence her, but it felt nice to touch her again, one last moment of contact. Silently they broke apart, and both just smiled at the other. Alaska was the one to turn away first, and as she headed for the gate she had to block out the sound of sob, escaping a second before Robin closed the front door. It was painful to hear, but Alaska pushed the thought aside and looked to her left: Route 2 lay in the distance, a few minutes' walk away before she hit the town borders. Alaska was tempted to run head first towards the long grass and endless fields, but instead she turned right, walking solidly back to the town centre.

There was one last thing she had to do.

The idea for a statue had been borne out of the idea the town needed a symbol, something to rally around as inspiration as they found their identity once more. The natural place for it had been outside the gym: it was a sign they were reclaiming this facility, taking it back from the monster who had used their town as a shield for his own nefarious plans. It had been commissioned quickly, and its unveiling had signalled the start of construction.

A plaza had been built around it, with cafes, a small museum and plenty of lovely gardens to disguise the horrors that had transpired there. The gym had been rebuilt, a sleek black box with strips of neon lights all around the edges. Normally the area was crowded with tourists and trainers, but Alaska was pleased to find it was empty. She could do what she needed to do in peace.

Stepping up so she was less than a metre away, Alaska stared into the faces of the saviours. Edward Lowe, Leaf Oak, Blue Oak; their faces immortalised in their prime, steely eyes gazing down at the city they had saved. Their starter Pokémon loomed mighty as well: Venusaur low beside Blue, Blastoise crouching next to Leaf, while the almighty Charizard towered behind the already giant Red.

The statue was meant to be confined to the plaza, but it dominated the city, a bronze beast that looked down at them, a reminder that refused to go away.

A strong taste had risen up her throat. Fists clenched, Alaska looked down at the shining plaque directly at her eye level.

WARRIORS

"The monsters have only truly won
when we no longer believe
that we can defeat them"
- Edward 'Red' Lowe: Kanto Champion

This statue was paid for in part by the Indigo League
with donations from the Carmichael family, the …

Alaska stopped reading there. She felt sick to her stomach every time she saw this, this hideous, gloating hunk of metal. To this day, she still could not fathom that this was what Viridian had chosen as a memorial: not the people that had died, not the lives that had been destroyed, just three people who had brought this hell upon them in the first place.

You didn't save us. You're no heroes. Fists clenched, Alaska looked up at Red's bronze face. Her eyes flickered around, making sure no one was around, and when she knew she was alone, she spat. White saliva hit the plaque with a satisfying splash. Alaska watched it dribble down the metal, smiling.

Everyone wants to be like you, but your nothing but a fraud. One day, I will prove that to you in battle.

"Come on Paige, let's go change the world." The Pidgey chirped in agreement and took off, leading the way towards the boundary lines. With one last look of content, Alaska turned and walked through Viridian City one last time, ready to begin her journey.

Alaska couldn’t help but feel smug as she walked out of the Trainer House: she had just defeated her greatest rival, and very easily at that. The image of Chloe’s horrified face was now firm in Alaska’s memory, and she laughed to herself as she imagined it over and over again.

“Didn’t that make you feel aliiiive Paige?” Alaska asked, calling up to her Pidgey. Paige nodded and spun around happily in mid-air, not even slightly tired from that battle. “I knew you’d be happy, and we did perfectly!”

“Pidge Geeeeeee!” Paige replied, and soared up into the air and dived back down gracefully, managing to land perfectly on Alaska’s shoulder. Alaska just laughed and began wandering through Viridian City in peace. Now that she had completed this battle, there was only one thing left to do: begin her journey. Alaska had been waiting for this moment for many years, but as she headed back towards her house, Alaska suddenly felt very small. This would be the last time she would enter her house for many weeks, months, possibly years. The last time she would be in her room, see her family, watch her shows, have her mum’s food, the last time she’d do tons of things! Alaska would have to fend for herself now, and she hoped she would be able to handle it.

As long as I have my Pokemon, I’ll be fine. Alaska thought to herself. Paige had been her oldest and only friend for many years, and she pulled out the PokeBall that now contained Darwin the Mankey. If I keep these two with me, and whatever other Pokemon I catch, I will be fine. Besides, they could provide food if I get hungry. And Alaska laughed inside her head at her own wit. Paige seemed to have read her mind and glared at Alaska, her beady eyes narrowed.

“Pidgey Pid Pidgeee!” The Pidgey huffed, and fluttered back into the sky in protest, but Alaska could only laugh.

“It’s a good thing you’re coming with me, I’m going to need some comic relief!” She shouted, and Paige turned around in mid air and gasped: she hated being referred to as “comic relief”, and Alaska laughed and sprinted down the road.

“PIDGE!” Paige shouted and chased after her, glowing as she performed a Quick Attack. Alaska was struggling to laugh and run at the same time, but she saw a familiar dilapidated fence up ahead and she jumped over it. Paige soared narrowly past her, her outstretched wings whacking Alaska’s feet as she fell onto an old, brown bush. Alaska lay tangled in the dying branches for a few moments, wiping tears from her eyes.

“Oh god Paige, where would I be without you!” She laughed, rolling backwards out of the bush. Paige merely shrugged as she fluttered over, stretching out her talons to help Alaska get back up. Once she was back on her feet and had brushed broken branches off her clothes, Alaska turned around and smiled: she had conveniently landed into her backyard. Their half broken fence that she had recognised enclosed their small one-storey house, with white paint flakes resting like snow on the yellow and brown grass. Cracked flower pots were fill of shrivelled up flowers, and there were several other bushes as well that were dead as well. It had been a hot couple of weeks, and the Acevedo’s didn’t have the time or money to keep their garden in order, unlike the rest of their street with glossy green grass and bright rainbows of vegetable patches and flower gardens.

The outside of the house was in as much disrepair as the inside. The front window of Freddie’s bedroom was cracked, just like all of the bricks around it. Parts of the plumbing had broken, and most of the paint on the front door had peeled off like the fence. Alaska felt depressed staring at her house for too long: sad that their family wasn’t as well off as other people, but Alaska knew that her mother hated having such a messy house and garden and that it was really taking a toll.

“Come on then Paige,” Alaska said, wiping away a tear. “It’s time to say our goodbyes.”

“Pidgey Pidge.” Paige said, and she patted Alaska on the back. Alaska smiled, but then she scurried on inside, opening up the door and heading, for the last time, inside her house. The house was dark, and Alaska slowed down, stepping cautiously on the creaking floorboards. Had the power been cut again, or had they just not bothered to open the curtains?

“Hello….?” Alaska whispered, and Paige landed nervously on her shoulder. They crept passed Alaska’s bags, walking slowly into the kitchen, the only light coming from her father’s television in the distance.

“SURPRISE!” Suddenly light flooded the room as the curtains were flung open, and two people appeared in front of them. One of them was Robin, Alaska’s mother, while the second was the small bundle of joy that was Freddie.

Robin looked a lot like Alaska, except her black hair had nearly gone completely grey and her face was very wrinkled. The stress of the two jobs, financial problems and being close to eviction had really taken a toll on her looks, but Robin always had a smile and wouldn’t let anything get her down.

Freddie on the other hand was at the opposite end of the youth scale. He was only nine and still rather short, his head barely reaching over Alaska’s hips. He had wild black hair, a cute little face with big blue mystical eyes and wore the usual mismatched clothing of small children. He was oblivious to the issues of the family, and always managed to cheer them up.

“Oh my god, you guys didn’t have to do anything for me!” Alaska wailed, but she ran forwards and hugged the pair of them.

“Of course we had to!” Robin said, jokingly hitting her daughter. “We might not see you for months!” And then she grabbed Paige, who had taken off in fright, and gave the Pidgey a hug too.

“We made you some brownies!” Freddie explained, the cute lisp he had making Alaska smile despite what he’d just said. Freddie liked baking after he had received a cooking game from their grandmother, and always insisted on baking things for special occasions. However, he always misread the recipe and managed to stuff up whatever he made. He either poured in salt or sugar instead of flour, kept eggshells in when he cracked the eggs, or turned the oven up to twice the required temperature. Alaska and Robin exchanged nervous looks as Freddie put a tray onto the bench, the “brownies” inside. But it simply looked as if Freddie had sprinkled ash over bricks, as the kitchen knife Robin tried to put through nearly snapped in half.

“It looks really nice Freddie,” Alaska began, putting on her fakest of smiles. “But I’m really in a bit of a rush to get going on my journey.” While Alaska had all the time in the world, she didn’t know what else to stay to get out of eating the teeth-crunching brownies.

“Oh, ok.” Freddie said sadly, clutching his impossibly hard brownies. But than his face lit up and he grabbed a plastic bag from a cupboard. “You can just take the brownies with you on your trip!” Alaska’s heart sank, and Paige had to land in order to laugh into her wings.

“Thanks Freddie, that makes me feel better.” Alaska replied, and she tossed the plastic bag with the deadly brownies towards her bag, nearly taking a huge chunk of her wall out.

“So, are you leaving now?” Freddie asked, tears forming in his huge eyes. Alaska quickly gave him a hug, not wanting the guilt of him crying to hold her back.

“Don’t worry, I’ll be fine, and I’ll try and visit a few times.” Alaska explained, hugging him tightly. Freddie simply nodded, sniffing and sobbing loudly. He then pulled away from the hug, wiping his eyes, and rushed away to hide in the corridor.

“I feel so guilty.” Alaska moaned. Robin sighed and gave her daughter a tight hug.

“Don’t be, it’ll just hold you back.” Robin whispered. “You deserve to go on your journey, especially now of all times.” And she paused as they examined the mouldy, cracked walls and the holes in the carpet. “I want you to enjoy yourself, and I want you to make sure you do great things.” Alaska nodded, trying hard not to cry herself. Paige was flying in circles around them, tweeting insanely. Robin pulled out of the hug, trying hard not to cry.

“I guess this is me then.” Alaska whispered, and Paige tweeted excitedly at that. “Bye Dad!” William Acevedo didn’t reply verbally, but he did turn the television on and off twice, which they had taken to mean as goodbye. “If he moves, make sure you contact me.” Robin nodded, the tears now streaming down her face. Alaska wasn’t sure what else to say: over the past few weeks they had been building up to this, and during that time they had said all they could possibly say. Alaska didn’t want to start crying, and she just picked up her black bag and hoisted it onto her back, putting the brownie tin in just in case Freddie was watching.

“Pidge Pidgey Pidge Geeee!” Paige cried, and she managed to use her Gust to open the door. Alaska just laughed and took a step out, looking behind her as she did so. Freddie emerged from the shadows, standing alongside a tearful Robin as they watched Alaska leave. Both of them were waving, and Alaska smiled and waved back before leaving the house. She then walked quickly out of the property, heading onto the main street and off towards Route 2, pushing all thoughts of her family away as fewer houses began to pass them.

“Come on Paige,” Alaska shouted upwards to her trusted Pidgey. “It’s time this adventure got underway!”

“Pidge!” Paige agreed, and the two girls embarked down Route 2, leaving Viridian, their past lives and everything they knew behind, ready for their grand adventure.

Last edited:
Re: How to Conquer Kanto in Eight Easy Steps- Chapter Four

Paige's antics made me lol. Very nice.

I like Alaska's family. They don't have much, but they're still happy nonetheless.

Oh, and for a second there I thought Alaska was serious when she said her Pokemon would be a good food source if she ran out...hehe, that wouldn't end well. :D

The goodbye scene was well done, with her family being sad for her departure but also encouraging her to do well. And lol at the rock-hard brownies. I just loved the imagery of the knife breaking in two just from trying to cut the brownie. Awesome.

I'm pretty excited to see what happens next. ^^ In terms of errors, I found...none in this chapter. Excellent work!

First off the bat, there were quite a few spelling and grammar errors - such as it's/its confusion and comma placement. I can't point them all out here, it would take too long.

I'll just point out a few of the most egregious here:

Now, it was beyond repair!

Try not to use exclamation marks where they don't belong!

grabbing her rich purple laptop, which has a blue Silph Co logo on the back.

It seems like you're throwing the description in there for the sake of it being there, because it's in the same sentence as an action. Try doing this instead:

grabbing her laptop. Its cover was a rich purple, with a blue Silph Co. logo on the back.

That way, there's a purpose for the description being there.

@ Prologue: Nice start - giving a dreary scene to cut to a much brighter one later on. It's quite a common one, but also the most likely to be well done.

@ Blog 1: Oh, so this is also a blog fic? Oh, no, that's just the first entry.

@ Chapter 1: A few errors that aren't so much spelling as word choice:

Alaska looked around her cramped room as she stood up, while Pidgey fluttered overhead.

You mean Paige, right? That's the name of her Pidgey?

Summer wasn’t usually the time of year people started their Pokemon journeys, so the grassy route was empty.

Well, I'd think that there are people there who are still around Route 22 around that time of summer. Where would they all be?

Kinda boring, the Indigo League part where she gets all the registration done and all that.

Also, that's a pretty interesting way to start off the first battle.

@ Chapter 2:

Pidgey can learn Steel Wing? I'm in shock. I mean, I have a Garchomp use Razor Leaf and everything, but this? XD

Mitchell Melton

A period after that. The way it is now, it looks like a heading in an encyclopedia or something.

It was clear to both of them that these girls hated each other, and that it would be best not to intervene.

This sentence felt a little awkward being placed in there - it hints just a little bit at violating the "show, don't tell" rule.

Also, Chloe seems too obvious a snob. Although that might not be a bad thing.

@ Chapter 3:

I have no real comments for the battle until we reach the end.

This is epic win. I wish I'd thought of that, but then again, my story doesn't have any real rivals >_>

@ Chapter 4:

Paige really is comic relief, isn't she. *gets tackled in the feet and falls down* Ah, crap.

The ending was kinda stereotypical, though, don't you think? What with the "grand adventure" and stuff. It's not strictly a bad thing, but just keep it in mind.

I said I'd give you a numerical rating, but that'll come on the next review. Sorry ^_^

Alaska: Thanks, I think Paige will be a rather popular character :D
MoS: I tried to make Robin into one of those people tha puts a happy face on. We dont see much of them, but I want them to be memorable in ways. And yes, I decided to add some humour in with those brownies :p
Zek: Thanks for doing this detailed review! :D I know I have some errors, but I usually don't notice them until Ive reread the story a million times or someone points it out :p. I do realise the Indigo Plateau part was boring, but it was meant to just set the mood and explain some things. And the reason the Route is bare is because no one is going down that route to register for the League, and thats its only purpose.
And it is half blog fic/half journey fic, and the next part is the second blog. And the ending of Chapter Four was a bit iffy in my opinion, I wasn't sure what I should write. But Alaska does miss her family, and it is meant to be a big adventure, so maybe it came across as cheesy :p
But thanks to everyone that voiced their views!

Blog Two: Route This

My family and I went on holiday once. My mother decided she wanted a break, and found some brochures to help us decide. The one pamphlet we all gushed over was the one for Quest Island in the Sevii's: it promised white sandy beaches, cloudless skies and cocktails by the pool – we were sold.

It took three days to get there. We had to taxi down to Pallet, catch the ferry, stop off at Cinnabar, got held up for a day, ferried to Knot Island, then took nearly another full day to get there. It was long, tiring, stressful; we needed a holiday more than ever, and were so pleased to finally get there.

And it rained. Endlessly.

The skies were grey the whole week we were there. The beaches turned brown and soggy. Tentacool got washed into the pool. My parents spent a few thousand dollars on that trip, and all we did was make use of the hotels minimal facilities.

Why am I telling you this? Well, in the weeks leading up to Registration Day, the league bombards you with ads: hip, cool kids with Charmanders fighting trainers on the side of the road; a pretty girl with a Squirtle locked in battle with Misty; the two eventually squaring off in explosion fuelled fights at the Pokémon League. They make it look as epic as possible to entice you into signing up. I am so pleased that I never brought into the hype, because after two days on the road, I'd be pretty disappointed if that was what my idea of travelling was.

Things have been fairly slow so far. Mostly I have just been getting used to living in a tent on the side of the road. It's a very different way of living compared to having a nice bed in a nice house, but it's growing on me – a bit.

Though I am not expecting any explosions or car chases like you see in those journey dramas on TV, I will admit I was perhaps expecting to have more luck so far. My two days so far have not quite hit the highs of my first day.

Firstly, I caught a new Pokémon. I'm very pleased to have a Mankey on my team alongside Paige. I decided to name him Darwin, cause, ya know, brains beat brawn and all that. I am still getting used to having a second Pokémon to train; he is more aggressive and eager to defeat opponents than Paige is. Hopefully the influence of a kick ass bitch like myself will keep him in line soon enough!

Secondly, I had my first battle, against none other than Chloe fricking Carmichael. She was filming her little show, and I dropped by to wish her well and – god, I can't even type that without cringing. What actually happened was that I got dragged along to the Trainer House by her co-stars (Damian and Lachlan – let's just say, I know which of them has a better chance of winning), and there I proceeded to kick her perfectly crafted behind.

You would think that a show about Pokémon trainers would cast someone who knew not to challenge an experienced Flying type with a Grass type you got five minutes before the battle, because that's what Carmichael did. We wiped the floor with her within minutes, it was glorious! You should have seen the look on their producers face – I'm pretty sure Red and Giovanni wouldn't have looked at each other as filthily as she did to me.

I walked out of the building feeling like I'd just sniffed something white and powdery behind the bike shed. But I'd only inhaled the sweet smell of victory: it may not be my official first step (that's reserved for Brock), but I couldn't help being pleased that I had defeated Chloe and proved my point so early in this game. The rest of Kanto should be a breeze!

Some things weren't so great. I ran into my high pitched, pasty little plague of a neighbour Mitchell. He's just left on his journey as well, and I kind of ditched him before he latched himself onto me like a disease (Don't worry, gentle readers: he won't read this. I don't think he knows how to turn lights on let alone a computer).

Then there was leaving home. It was quick but painful, liking ripping of a band aid. Except this was a band aid that had been attached to you for 13 years, a part of you for so long you don't know who you are without it (that actually happened to a girl at my school; let's just say it wasn't a pretty sight). It was emotional as I waved goodbye to my parents and little brother, but it is a necessary sacrifice, and they encouraged me to go. As I walked away, I had to wonder if I would ever see them again, if the pain would ever go away.

It did half an hour later, when the pain in my heart was replaced by the pain in my legs.

Consider this my first travel tip to any aspiring trainer: walking along a twisting, turning, sloping route isn't as fun as you may believe.

After two days, I'm shattered. I've been marching towards Pewter City, hunting through the tall grass for wild Pokémon to add to my team. I came close to catching a Rattata on multiple occasions, yet all I have to show for my efforts are blisters upon blisters and several cuts from some rather spiky hedges I passed. Most of them have just fled, or I've gone in too strong and knocked them out. I actually got so annoyed I simply yelled at one Rattata to get in the PokeBall. It instead peed on my tent and ran off.

My team building isn't going great, but I've at least been able to test Paige and Darwin. The three of us have had some impressive battles – well, as impressive as newbie trainer battles can be. They longest fight was probably two minutes, and I'm simply facing a bunch of little boys with Caterpie, shorts hitched up so high once can't help but wonder about the future of Kanto's population.

None of the battles have given me the same glorious feeling crushing Chloe did. I am so tired, my knees and back ache so much, but I am also itching to get back out there and keep fighting. As I prepare to venture into the tall and daunting Viridian Forest, I am keeping an eye out for a good battle. I may not be expecting fireworks quite so soon, but a girl needs a challenge. If I'm going to conquer Kanto, I need something a bit more substantial than a Weedle to battle.

Well, it's getting late and I need to go find some miracle cure for blisters on the internet. Farewell for now!

Alaska A.

Hello once again, fine readers.

It has been two days since I set off on my journey, and I must say, it was a pretty lolsy first day, if I say so myself.

First of: I caught a new Pokemon!! W00t W00t! It’s a Mankey, that little fluffy fighting Pokemon, and I decided to name him Darwin. Cause, ya know, brains beat brawn and all that. He has been rather helpful in aiding Paige in battle, but he does get a little violent when training…. Oh well, nothing like the influence of a kick ass bitch to bring him down to size!

I then had a little run in with some old neighbours. I feel like I’m on Desperate Housewives whenever I walk down my street: everyone is so weird and bitchy. Anyway, I ran into my high pitched, pasty little plague of a neighbour Mitchell (I don’t need to worry about him seeing this, I don’t think he knows how to turn lights on let alone a computer). He’s going to be stalking me during this journey…. Fun! *rolls eyes*

I also ran into that little tart Chloe Carmichael. She was filming for that reality show, and looked like a hippie had thrown up on her dress. I wanted to move on and get passed her and two cast members (some guys called Damian and Lachlan), however, I found the smug little creature challenging me to a battle. And who am I to refuse such a glorious opportunity to kick her Thighmaster-crafted behind?

We battled at the Viridian Trainer House. The receptionist’s smile nearly blinded me and it looked about as real as the breasts on a supermodel. Anyway, I managed to get a battle with Miss Priss, while her producer (who I swear must have a whole tree shoved where the sun don’t shine) watched on with the deadliest look I’ve ever soon.
Note to all readers: Never take on an experienced flying type with a grass type you got five minutes earlier -__-

As you can imagine, the battle lasted less than a minute. It didn’t take long for Paige to wipe the floor with her Bulbasaur, leaving every in the room looking like they’d been kicked in the stomach. I felt so pleased as I walked out of the building that I felt like I’d just sniffed some white and powdery behind the bike shed. But it was a natural high (this girlfriend only inhaled the sweet smell of victory) and I couldn’t help grinning and nearly dancing. I had defeated Chloe at her own game, and I highly doubted she’d want to rechallenge me any time soon :D

Than came the sad part: leaving home.

It quick but painful, liking riping of a bandaid…. A bandaid you’ve known for 13 years and has grown attached to you (that actually happened to a girl at our school…. Let’s just say it wasn’t a pretty sight.) I did feel sad as I waved goodbye to my mother and little brother, but it is a necessary sacrifice, as we all know. I wondered when I would see them again, wondered if the pain would ever go away….

It did after like half an hour, when the pain in my heart was replaced by the pain in my legs.

Let me tell you all this: walking along a twisting, turning, sloping route isn’t as fun as you may be led to believe.

My knees were close to buckling as I strutted through Route 2, blasting back other Pidgey and Rattata with help from Paige and Darwin. But as the clock ticked on and the sun got higher into the sky, my joy about going on my journey began to evaporate: I had blisters on my blisters, several cuts from some rather spiky hedges I passed, and got so annoyed I simply yelled at a Rattata to go away.
And the trainers… my god these people are irritating!

I’ve had about five battles with these n00by trainers, and they collectively probably lasted two minutes. They were all little boys, around eight to eleven, and they only brought out Rattata’s and Caterpie. Their tight shorts were hitched up so high that I couldn’t help wonder about the future of reproduction, and the boys who classified themselves as “Bug Catchers” had such huge nets sticking out of their camouflage bags that they must have been overcompensating for something…. ;)

After Paige and Darwin defeated their Pokemon in one or two moves each, they would turn and run away crying, and I didn’t feel guilty at all. I’m not a heartless bitch (most of the time), but if can’t complain if you have terrible Pokemon! I just hope that I could avoid some of these trainers as I venture into the tall and daunting Viridian Forest. I would take a Mew on if someone produced it: I just need a good battle!

Well, its getting late and I need to go find some miracle cure for blisters on the internet. Ciao for darlings.

Alaska A.

Last edited:
Re: How to Conquer Kanto in Eight Easy Steps- Blog Two

This fic makes me lol. Can't imagine those short-shorts are very comfortable. But the blogs are my favorite part :)

Thanks Winter :D These beginning parts are meant to be more comedy, though I do hope the dramatic parts work just as well

I love everything about this, especially Paige and Alaska's relationship.
I'm really excited to continue reading this and I look forward to learning more about the characters pasts. :)
Keep up the good work, I'd hate to see this great story unfinished.
Also this made me lol
I felt like I’d just sniffed some white and powdery behind the bike shed.

Interlude One: Darkness Rising

Im glad your enjoying it :D There won't be that much of backstory, though we will see some of a character introduced soon ;)

Here we have the first Interlude :D

Interlude One: Darkness Rising

Sunsets were always best viewed from a high. In order to really experience the shift from day to night, one had to be amongst the clouds, watching the sky turned from blue to orange to black. It was an experience of true beauty, and tonight was no distance. The blueness of the sky was slowly sucked away by the setting sun, like ink poured down a sink. Warm yellows and rich pinks now radiated out from the horizon, heralding the end of the day and calling forth the darkness of night.

Buzz Bolton watched the sunset from the comfort of his office on the eighty seventh floor of the Silph Tower. He felt like a god right now, so high above the world, its people, its Pokémon, watching one of the purest events of nature unfold as though he had personally commissioned it. This is true power, he told himself.

Gazing out of floor to ceiling windows was just one of the reasons Buzz loved this office so much. Mainly, he enjoyed the sense of power it gave him. The windows helped with that, making the room seem larger, more impressive than it really was. Buzz had gone the minimalist route to maximise space, give off the air of power. The walls were decorated with only a few photographs and diplomas; all fake, but they added to his allure. Two leather couches, a Persian floor rug and a small flax plant were the only things aside from his desk and chair. When people came in here, Buzz wanted them to focus on him and him alone.

It was all part of a charade that had been long in the making. Everything about him was designed to exude power and strength. Even his name was fake; Buzz had adopted this moniker shortly before setting his plans in motion. It was more memorable than his birth name, and it helped people remember him, drawing the attention he had longed craved and desperately needed.

Style wise, Buzz gave off the air of class and wealth. He had gelled black hair that was cut by a professional stylist, wore immaculate suits that were tailor made specifically for him, and his buff bronzed skin had been expertly tanned at a nearby salon to look natural. He was average height so his fit body didn't come across as intimidating, but his electric blue eyes were commonly said to be the source of his producing powers: the media commonly joked about the fact they could hypnotize people to do his bidding.

If only they could; hypnotism would have made this all a lot easier. Buzz continued to stare out of the window, thinking about his path here, how he had gotten this view. It had been a long, tireless, carefully constructed process. He had made it though, and nothing was going to stop him now. One day soon enough, Buzz hoped to be as powerful and dangerous as the sun itself, and he smiled as he watched it sink deeper into the world that would soon be his.

His evening ritual was interrupted as his phone began ringing. His secretary, Annie, always went home at five, so his calls went straight to his phone. Buzz knew who it was though, and he pulled a universal remote out of his pocket and put the phone to loudspeaker.

"Sunsets are always a beautiful thing," Buzz called in his booming, movie announcer voice. "It is that one point of the day where everything is calm and peaceful, in between a hectic day and the bustling night. "

"Yes Buzz, I have heard it all before." Amanda Anderson voice sounded throughout the room, brisk and irritable as it so often was. "I didn't call to hear about the sun for the five hundredth time. Have you watched the footage yet?" Buzz chuckled quietly and stepped towards the rug. He pointed the remote at it, and the Persian skin rolled into a neat log, revealing rectangular box underneath. It mainly contained a large touch screen computer, which was now rising up on its hydraulic arm, but the several smaller objects inside briefly distracted Buzz: objects: several key cards, a rolled up blueprint, several handguns and stun grenades, CDs and a charred metal sign.

"I skimmed through it briefly; I haven't properly gone over it yet." Buzz tapped away at the computer until a video file came up. The lights went out automatically, and his view disappeared as the window was transformed into a movie screen. "I liked the first challenge, that obstacle course thing – we need to do more of them. Lachlan also seems better than we expected, try and get more interviews –."

"Not the stupid challenges," Amanda hissed. "I'm talking about the girl – Alaska, the one who battled Chloe."

"Oh, that. What about it?" Buzz scrolled through the files and until he found the right one. He had briefly looked over the battle when the footage had first arrived, but it had seemed irrelevant, unnecessary to what he was trying to construct. "Why did you even bother filming it? I'm not cluttering the show up with them battling randoms, that isn't going to bring in the ratings."

"If you have seen the footage, then I hoped you are as worried as I am."

"Worried? Why should I be worried?," Buzz scoffed as the video began playing on mute. "This girl is a rather talented battler; if she prettier, we could have had her on the show."

"What!?" Amanda snapped. "She is threatening our plans: she and Carmichael have some silly girly feud going on between them, and this battle would have made it worse. Chloe will most likely want to battle her again if their paths cross, and-"

"I seriously don't know what you are on about, darling. This is just first day jitters – I thought you were smarter than this." There was a pause on the other end of the phone. Buzz was always amused when Amanda got hysterical like this: try as she might to wear a brave face, he knew just how fragile she was underneath. And the thought just made him smile.

"Of course I'm worried." Amanda had clearly paused to control herself, perhaps sensing the scorn in his voice. "This is the same thing that happened last time. Giovanni underestimated those… children. If you want to succeed, you can't make the same mistakes he did."

Buzz had not expected her rant to end up here. Part of him felt like laughing, her suggestion completely ridiculous. Instead, he treaded carefully onwards. "Can you hear yourself? You're delusional! Do you really think this girl could be the next Red or Leaf? There's nothing to suggest anyone will get in our way."

"Look at what happened in the other regions. Rocket failed twice because of teenagers. The Magma Corporation is nothing now. And there were brats involved in Galactic, that's what all the stories say."

"There's your answer: make sure the girl doesn't get involved with the show," Buzz replied, beginning to sound rather irritated. "We need this plan to work, and having our lot embarrassed by some stranger isn't going to be good for our image."

"What do you want me to do if she does come across us somehow?" Amanda asked quietly, expecting Buzz to shout back at her. But the executive paused for a moment, pondering over what she had said.

"Just do you best to avoid and ignore her and don't let the cast get involved with her," Buzz replied thoughtfully and calmly. "But if she keeps getting in the way and she proves to be a real threat then… we can't fail here, Amanda, not after everything we've been through. If it looks like she is going to interfere with our plans, then you know what to do." He knew Amanda would have nodded at this, as the call suddenly went dead. Buzz continued to watch the battle for a few more minutes, replaying every order Alaska gave, watching the way her Pidgey responded. Alaska was doing this like it was natural, and seemed to be having laugh.

The part of him that felt like laughing had fallen silent. As the sun continued to set behind the pictures, magnificent shades of navy and purple spreading across the sky, Buzz watched the battle over and over again. Giovanni had never killed the children that brought him down. He had them turned into play things, pawns in his drawn out revenge, at the same time underestimating their skill until it was too late.

I won't let it come to that, Buzz thought finally, frowning as he watched Chloe's Bulbasaur get flipped over for the twentieth time. I've been planning this for too long. If this girl proves a nuisance in any way, she will have to die. A pity, but someone has to go first.

Buzz cut the video feed. His view returned, but by now the sun had set, now only a faint glow on the horizon. The producer continued to stare through the window though as darkness poured in, thinking about all he done and all he would do before his dreams were realised.

***​

It was closing time. The lights were always on at the Pokémon League, but outside, Steve Brookes could see the sky darkening. While the nurse stayed behind to tend to any Pokémon harmed in Victory Road, registrations closed at five p.m. Steve had been manning the desk all day, and he knew it was time for him to head on home.

Yet as the thought of leaving crossed his mind, a subconscious bubble of fear rose up in his stomach. It was a silly feeling, of course. Nothing bad had happened here for five years. However, every time he was here late, Steve couldn't help but remember the day that man had passed through here: dark orange suit, long, flapping trench coat, wide brimmed hat that cast a shadow over his face, yet his eyes still shone out, dark, piercing and full of hate. His whole life had changed that day – hell, the whole damn world had. It was so long ago now, but whenever Steve was alone in this giant foyer, nothing to keep him company but the furniture and the beyond, he can't help going back to that dreadful night.

"Now's not the time for that, Steve," the old man told himself. He forced himself to focus on his screen, double checking the two dozen trainers whose details had been entered into the system that day. Making sure everything was in order was important than things that had happened in the past, and Steve worked for another ten minutes to make sure it was all in order.

"Your worrying about nothing, you silly old fool," Steve chuckled as he pulled his green sweater back on, watching the trainer profiles get sent off into the world. "All that stuff is over now." Steve turned his computer off, gathered up his things, waved goodbye to the security guard and nurse, and crossed the foyer humming to himself, doing his best to keep his spirits up as the world outside got blacker still.

Little did he know what he had just done.

Alarm bells were going off throughout the world. The computers of gym leaders, scientists, spies, elite four, socialites and champions were being taken over. Screens turned black, leaving only four words behind. A program had been activated, one that had been lying dormant for decades, lurking in the system, waiting for its purpose.

"What the hell is going on?"

Trevor Archer stood in the control room of the International Police. Hundreds of screens had all gone black. The five largest ones loomed above them all, its message shining red on the faces of all the spies and controllers below.

"Is this a cyber-attack?" Archer roared. "Does anyone know what the hell is going on here?"

"It's the Cynthia Code."

"The – wait, what? It doesn't even say Cynthia, it says –"

"It's a warning, taken from the utterings of a possessed little boy thirty years ago." Trevor turned to the source of the comments. His mentor stood in the shadows, the red letters the only thing illuminating his wizened face. "This is no cyber-attack, boy. It's a warning – peace time is over, everybody. Our next saviour has been found."

The program's namesake was the first of the Champions to notice. In her training room, watching her Eelektross and Lucario square off, Cynthia Carter saw her laptop light up black. Curious, she picked it up, and instantly felt her chest go cold.

My god, it's her… it's actually her. Cynthia collapsed into her seat, shaking. They had been searching for this name since 1985: it was the only one Viktor had told her they could actually track, the only one unique enough that the options were limited. Her Pokémon swarmed her as Cynthia clutched at her chest, the worst moment of her life rushing back to her.

The Fall of Kalos and the War on Three Sides, that sets everything off. It paves the way for Red and Leaf, Krystal and Alaska, Brendan, Bryan, Yasmin, Kieran…

May the gods look down upon you… Cynthia stared at the screen, tears forming, as a photo now joined the text, and she saw the figure the she had long prayed they would never find.

From her darkening porch, Krystal Soul looked up from her drink, eyes flickering from whiskey bottle to laptop. She normally ignored these warnings; her League usually covered it first, less she get too involved, less she damage their brand further. Yet something felt different, and as she stared at the screen, looking at the flashing name and wondering what it meant, voices began to whisper in her head. Kris put her glass down and quietly closed the lid, wondering, for the first time in four years, who the voices belonged to.

On the other side of the mountain, Edward Lowe sat quietly on his sofa, staring at the words, taking in her face. He knew there were no coincidences in life, not his anyway. The rumours, the whispers, the threats; the reality show begins the same down the Cynthia Code activates. Red sank back in his chair and sighed. He had no idea what would happen next: all he knew was that his death was now more certain than ever.

Throughout the five regions, the people who saw the four words became panicked, concerned, worried, curious, excited. Few knew what it meant; those that did wondered what happened next. Everyone knew that, after three years of peace, this simply wasn't good.

Only one person was celebrating. One person had been waiting years for a sign, a hint from the universe that it was time to return. After five years of hiding, five years of working, preparing, analysing, constructing; after five years, he finally had his clue.

Gideon stared at his computer, reading the four words that had just appeared, and he smiled.

Alaska has been found.

That's the end of the first arc of the story! Coming up next: Alaska ventures into Viridian Forest, where she fidns more than just bugs amongst the trees.

For any brand new readers, please note that the last few chapters have been edited for the first time in many years. You will notice more typos and such from this chapter onwards, but if you like the story so far, please bear with me as the grammar gets much better the further into the story you get.

Interlude One: Evil’s Brewing

Silph Co., Saffron City

The sun was setting over the region of Kanto, emitting a mixture of colours: warm yellows, light oranges, rich pinks and purples, all these colours being scattered across the skies. It was truly one of the most beautiful parts of the day, and many people were now turning their heads towards the horizon, watching as the sun disappeared for another day.

One of these men was Buzz Bolton.

Bolton was staring at the sunset from his floor-to-ceiling windows in his top floor apartment at Silph Co. Headquarters. The different coloured light cast different colours across the plain white walls, lighting up the number of photographs and diplomas that adorned them. Asides from two leather couches and a small flax plant that had been a gift from his mother, Buzz had failed to decorate his room well. He’d been meaning too, but when he wasn’t controlling the entire Silph Co. media empire, he always got lost staring into the fiery sun, remembering his purpose for being here.

Buzz was not his real name, though no one knew what it was. His parents had long since passed away not too soon after giving him the pot plant, and he had lost contact with his siblings, making it easier to assume his new persona. He had gelled black hair that was cut by a professional stylist, wore immaculate suits that were tailor made specifically for him, and his buff bronzed skin had was tanned not by the sun he spent so much time staring at, but by a local tanning salon only a few streets away. Buzz was average height so his fit body didn’t come across as intimidating, but his electric blue eyes were commonly said to be the source of his producing powers: the media commonly joked about the fact they could hypnotize people to do his bidding.

If only they actually could, Buzz thought as he recalled this common quote. Hypnotizing would make this all a lot easier. Buzz continued to stare out of the window, and eventually he stood up and walked across his beautiful velvet carpet, pausing on a rug made out of Persian skin that was in between the couches. He was captivated by the sun: what looked like such a small object was one of the most powerful, dangerous forces in their universe, one thing Buzz hoped to be some day.

His evening ritual was interrupted as his phone began ringing. His secretary, Annie, always went home at five’ o’clock, so his calls went straight to his phone. Buzz knew who it was though, and he pulled a universal remote out of his pocket and put the phone to loudspeaker.

“Sunsets are always a beautiful thing,” Buzz called in his booming, movie announcer voice. “It is that one point of the day where everything is calm and peaceful, in between a hectic day and the bustling night."

“Yes Mr Bolton, I have heard it all before.” Amanda Anderson’s voice replied briskly. “I didn’t call to hear about the sun for the five hundredth time, I wanted to know if you saw the footage.” Buzz simply chuckled to himself and stepped backwards. He pointed the remote at the rug, which rolled up into neatly with a loud clang, and revealed a rectangular box underneath. It mainly contained a large touch screen computer, which was now rising up on it’s hydraulic arm, but it also contained other objects: several key cards, a rolled up blueprint, several handguns and stun grenades, CDs and a charred metal sign.

“Of course I saw the footage, it is my job to watch what you film.” Buzz said with a smirk, but he quickly tapped away at the computer until a video file came up. The lights went out automatically, and the window was suddenly transformed into a movie screen. The amazing setting sun was replaced with a still image of Alaska, Paige, Chloe and her Bulbasaur.

“If you have seen the footage, than I hoped you are as worried as I am.” Amanda said.

“Worried? I’m not worried in the slightest,” Buzz said calmly as the video began playing on mute. “This Alaska girl is a rather talented battler, it’s a pity we didn’t get her on the show.”

“What!?” Amanda snapped. “She is threatening our plans: she and Miss Carmichael have some old girly feud between them, and this battle would have made it worse. Chloe will most likely want to battle her again if their paths cross, and-”

“There’s your answer: make sure the girl doesn’t get involved with the show.” Buzz replied, beginning to sound rather irritated. “We need this plan to work, and having our lot embarrassed by some stranger isn’t going to be a good image.”

“What do you want me to do if she does come across us somehow?” Amanda asked quietly, expecting Buzz to shout back at her. But the executive paused for a moment, pondering over what she had said.

“We can’t kill her yet, that would raise too many questions, especially if the cast finds out about it.” Buzz replied thoughtfully and calmly. “If we meet her again, just ignore her and move on. But if you keeps getting in the way, than you know what to do.” He knew Amanda would have nodded at this, and the call suddenly went dead. Buzz continued to watch the battle for a few more minutes, replaying every order Alaska gave, every move Paige did. Alaska was doing this like it was natural, and seemed to be having laugh.

“It’s a pity she may have to die.” Buzz said solemnly, and he cut the video feed. With his call to Amanda done with, Buzz stared at the sun one last time before walking out of his office and heading home.

Five Island

It had been six years since the dramatic explosion on Five Island, but it had been just five years since police had given up on the investigation. Arthur Reynolds had retired, and the Sevii Islands Police Department were no closer to solving who caused the explosion than when they stared, so the case left with the aged police officer. The area was cleared, the warehouse torn down and a new housing complex was built there instead. Now, in 2013, it was as if the explosion had never happened.

But one part of the warehouse had remained.

The Team Rocket Scientist Gideon was still inside his little bomb shelter. When he heard through the internet that the warehouse would be bulldozed, the scientist quickly covered his tile with a mound of earth, continuing to hide him inside. None of the new houses were built over his complex, though he believed some a garden was nearby based on the small children running overhead.

Gideon didn’t look like his 2007 self anymore. His had to cut his hair himself, and it had gone from smooth and gelled to prickly and greasy, resembling a toddler had cut it and washed it with tar. He covered in sweat, filth and ash, his clothes smelt like sewage and he was the same weight of an twelve year old boy instead of a nearly middle aged man. But the bomb shelter was the best place for him: it allowed him to hide from the police still hunting old Team Rocket members, it had a variety of scientific supplies he required and was the best possible workplace.

For seven years, Gideon had been working on Operation Lavender. Masses of papers covered everywhere, every row full of diagrams, numbers, calculations, hand drawn maps and long lists and explanations. He destroyed benches, a kettle, his cell phone and the spare metal bed in order to make a large evolution inducing machine, the strange black and purple disc attached to the very top in front of a light bulb. Gideon had forced his Magneton and Porygon2 to evolve, turning them into a Magnezone and Porygon-Z respectively. Now, Gideon was closer than ever to perfecting Giovanni’s master plans and combining them into one huge idea.

“All I need is to get the fossils and the Old Amber….” Gideon mumbled to himself as he ran over his different papers, grabbing different things and checking multiple lists. “Yes, and I need these chemicals…. and a more suitable metal… and I need to go to the source itself….” Gideon had slowly turned more and more mentally unstable over the years he’d spent trapped and alone. His master plan could be ready in only a number of weeks, possibly within a month if he was lucky. However, one key factor was only just dawning on him.

He needed to go outside.

“Go outside…. I never thought I would have too….” Gideon mumbled aloud, pausing for a second from his rummaging. “It makes sense, I don’t have everything here….” Gideon stared at the patch where the old tile had once been. He had put some metal wire there to cover up the fake patch of earth, and it was the only thing between him and the outside. He hadn’t felt the cool feel of the wind, the warmness that came from the sun or interacted with another human being for years.

“I must, it is the only way….” Gideon said, and he quickly grabbed a pair of sunglasses that he had been using to shield his eyes from bright lights during his experiments. He pulled three Rocket Balls out: ball PokeBalls with a red button in the middle and a red R on the top of the ball. He threw all of them, and three Pokemon formed out of the dark energy. One of them was Electrode, Gideon’s oldest surviving Pokemon. It use to be very hyperactive, but it learnt to behave itself and remained still, smiling up at its trainer.

The other Pokemon weren’t as normal.

Magnezone and Porygon-Z had turned… well, evil, following their forced evolutions. Magnezone was pure lack with a large red eye, resembling a squashed Rocket Ball, with dark yellow sparks shooting all across his murky body. Porygon-Z pink body had turned a dark, flowing purple, with his turquoise bits now a dark black. His eyes were also red, and papers began to rise into the air ominously around him. These two Pokemon were flowing with power, a single attack could be enough to kill a man. That was why they were Gideon’s greatest weapons.

“Ok, this is how we are going to do things,” Gideon explained, walking around them as he grabbed some of the more important papers. “Electrode and Porygon-Z will come with me to collect some supplies. Magnezone will stay here and produce electricity to keep this place going.” Magnezone nodded, and he moved silently over towards the machine holding the strange disc. He touched it with one of his magnets, and within seconds the lights were flickering and the television turned on and off. “Excellent! Now, let’s go!” Gideon didn’t care that it was a rather impulsive thing to do, as it was a necessary thing to do in his quest to take over Kanto. He raced over towards the hatch, Electrode rolling and Porygon-Z floating behind him. There were the distant shouts of children playing above them, and a sick smile came across Gideon’s face: it had been too long since he had last killed a human being, and he waiting to watch the pain and suffering commence.

“Electrode blast the hatch,” Gideon ordered, and then turned maliciously towards Porygon-Z. “Use Tri Attack as soon as we get out: kill anything that moves.” Porygon-Z nodded silently, and they watched as the hole was destroyed by a single Thunderbolt. There were the screams of the children, and than Porygon-Z floated silently up like a ninja, but he was twice as deadly….

Last edited:
Re: How to Conquer Kanto in Eight Easy Steps- Interlude One

I like the lab rat guy. May there be nefarious encounters of the messed up variety with him in the future.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom