• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

How to get an animated avatar?

Aviator Zero

PotentiaSapientiaAudacia
Reaction score
I'd like an animated avatar, but when I uploaded this (http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t255/xweirdlingx/GIFs/Pikachu.gif) as my own saved image into the avatar-changing box, it comes out as a static image of the first frame in the gif. I didn't think it'd work in the first place since it's larger than 120x120 but it came out as the one image. I've seen another animated avatar that was a .php image, so would I have to convert to that somehow? Please and thank you.

.php isn't an image format; it's used for web pages (hence why the URLs end with a .php on this website)

Your best bet is having someone with a graphics editor w/ animation capabilities to resize it for you.

If you want, I resized it:
evilPikachu2.gif

If it's too big in file size, tell me the limit ^^

You should also take in consideration that the file size limit for avatars is 120 KB.

.php isn't an image format; it's used for web pages (hence why the URLs end with a .php on this website)
Your best bet is having someone with a graphics editor w/ animation capabilities to resize it for you.
If you want, I resized it:
evilPikachu2.gif

If it's too big in file size, tell me the limit ^^
1. I knew that, but I opened an animated avatar in a new tab and it ended in php, so I was befuddled.
2. I looked online and there were two image editing software downloads but I was hoping to be able to bypass that.
3. Thank you kindly! It works great! I saw this gif while looking for something else and was all MUST... HAVE...
You should also take in consideration that the file size limit for avatars is 120 KB.
I did, it was less. Thanks. EDIT: Bullcrap, what do I know? It was like over 500 kb. But CommanderPigg's version is a nice 80-something. Thanks.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom