• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

How to make breeding IV EV training etc. easier is what?

Zeldapsychology

Reaction score
What can they improve to make it even easier? The ORAS aspect of catching 3 IV pokemon I feel needs to stay somewhat even if it's not "stars" and just a P for perfect or something. The Destiny knot pass down 5 IV's needs to stay moving into Pokemon Z Gen 7 and onward. EV training with the power items and transferring 1 IV needs to stay. Any other ideas to make breeding even easier? (The island with the IV judge and "loop" keep that too. vs. flying back and forth the tower then the area with the IV judge being in two different areas NO!) ORAS got A LOT right in this regard! Kudos to GF on that front. Here's to continuing to make it easier. NO not catchable 6 IV's TOO EASY! 3 is good enough but more of a selection of Pokes. I'm aggravated I restarted X and only got up to badge 3 and even completed there's no 3 IV method of catching or Dex Nav thing (keep Dex Nav too) No running into random pokemon search find DONE! Has IV's you want or doesn't NEXT!

Any more ideas????

I'd recommend getting a 6IV Ditto from someone. It streamlines the breeding process greatly.

What can they improve to make it even easier? The ORAS aspect of catching 3 IV pokemon I feel needs to stay somewhat even if it's not "stars" and just a P for perfect or something. The Destiny knot pass down 5 IV's needs to stay moving into Pokemon Z Gen 7 and onward. EV training with the power items and transferring 1 IV needs to stay. Any other ideas to make breeding even easier? (The island with the IV judge and "loop" keep that too. vs. flying back and forth the tower then the area with the IV judge being in two different areas NO!) ORAS got A LOT right in this regard! Kudos to GF on that front. Here's to continuing to make it easier. NO not catchable 6 IV's TOO EASY! 3 is good enough but more of a selection of Pokes. I'm aggravated I restarted X and only got up to badge 3 and even completed there's no 3 IV method of catching or Dex Nav thing (keep Dex Nav too) No running into random pokemon search find DONE! Has IV's you want or doesn't NEXT!

Any more ideas????

I can see them keeping all these things. They want to make it easier to get high IV Pokemon.

X/Y does have a way you can get some Pokemon with perfect stats,you can get them in the Friend Safari. Friend Safari Pokemon have at least 2 perfect IVs,unfortunately, you cant access it until you beat the game, but its still useful for that.

I'd recommend getting a 6IV Ditto from someone. It streamlines the breeding process greatly.

I can only agree to this. I recently got one and it made life so much easier.
(There is a whole subreddit dedicated to give out 6IV dittos, I don't think I'm allowed to link it but it's easy to find)

Another thing that made Breeding so much better is the ability to re-learn egg moves.

I can only agree to this. I recently got one and it made life so much easier.
(There is a whole subreddit dedicated to give out 6IV dittos, I don't think I'm allowed to link it but it's easy to find)

Another thing that made Breeding so much better is the ability to re-learn egg moves.

Wait, you can now relearn egg moves? When did that happen? That's awesome!

I got lucky catching a Ditto from Gen IV with perfect IVs all around. It's the first thing I transfer when I can to a new generation game and has made getting the IVs I want so much easier!

Any more ideas????

Use the Ace Trainer Secret Pals. They offer large amounts of EV points via Secret Ability. You'll max out EVs faster than super training and it's less tedious than repeatedly Sweet Scenting for the right hordes.

ORAS made IVs and EVs easier. The more Pokemon you chain, the better IVs they'll have. You can also use the chaining to encounter the right Pokemon for EV training, no need to escape from unwanted Pokemon. The Super Training is also good; you can EV train there and see your EVs. The EV-reducing berries you get in ORAS are also useful, then you don't have panic with your EV training. You can exp. train and EV train interchangebly, just removing the unwanted EVs. These berries were hard to get in XY, in ORAS I think they are found in a meadow.

I don't like the idea of IVs though. It was made to make Pokemon more varied, but it does make some Pokemon stronger than others. I'm not sure, if the point today is that players who spend more time and work on the game should be rewarded with stronger Pokemon. Instead of strong and weak Pokemon, I would like Pokemon that have different strengths. So, instead of random IVs, any three stats would always have max IVs and the others have low, for example. A bit similar to natures, with strengths and weaknesses. Perhaps IVs should be replaced by a more complex nature system. I guess people who enjoy times of breeding would not appreciate it, but it would make breeding faster, since you just have to breed for the right natures.

The EV system has not changed, but the possibilities of training have improved. Still, I always wanted the option to choose the stat boosts whenever I levelled up. This is done in other games, like Seiken Densetsu. It would also be simpler for beginners, giving them a better chance to compete and design their Pokemon's strengths.

An excellent way to speed up EV training is to take advantage of the effects of Pokerus, EV boosting items, and horde battles all at the same time.

Take a Pokemon that knows Sweet Scent and a multi-target move, like Surf or Razor Leaf. Turn Exp Share on, and bring the Pokemon you want to EV train with you. Have it be infected with Pokerus and holding a Power item (EV boosters) to maximize effect. Find a place where particular hordes of Pokemon that give the desired EV's appear, and get busy Sweet-Scenting in the tall grass. Wipe out the desired hordes with the multi-target move.

This, as far as I'm concerned, is the fastest and easiest way to EV train, since a single horde of something like Swablu (with all the EV boosting effects) will give a Pokemon about 20 or more EV's at once. The hardest part is researching which hordes to target and getting your Pokemon infected with Pokerus.

Of course, if you have absolutely no patience or want something to supplement the EV training, Ace Trainer secret base pals aren't half bad.

I honestly think they're at a pretty good place with how accessible they've made breeding great pokemon. It's not necessarily easy, unless you have a 6IV ditto, but it's extremely easy to get into. Adding anything more and I feel like they're just handing it to you. For kids playing, it's not a huge deal because you aren't necessarily too keen on what everything means regarding natures and IVs, but it's become something casual older fans can do, as opposed to just those who know how to RNG and have tons of time on their hands as it had been in the past. I'm perfectly happy with everything they've done and really hope they don't keep making it even easier or remove the system like I know some people want.

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom