• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

how to spell anime character names, e.g. Lokoko vs. Lakoko

tyciol

Reaction score
The end credits of the anime just display voice actor names in isolation as far as I can remember, not with the names of their characters next to them, so unless there is written merchandise, how do we resolve issues of how to spell a character's name?

This seems like a difficult thing to resolve for one-shot characters with names that might be spelled different ways.

On both Wikia/fandom and Bulbapedia I see "Lokoko" used to represent the girl in "Just Waiting on a Friend" but every time I hear her name spoken, the first syllable sounds like "La" not "Lo" so I think it should be spelled "Lakoko".

Would there be trouble if I just changed it and moved it? Does anyone hear them saying "Lo"? Who came up with that spelling?

5 April 2007 this spelling was used by FlapjackStantz and all I can figure is people just went with it.

Perhaps it did sound like "Rokoko" in the original raw pre-dub audio. I'm not sure where to look to find versions of Pokemon episodes iwth the raw audio, especially the earlier seasons, to check stuff like that.

That said, it may not simply be an R>L issue but a Ro>La issue.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom