• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

how well do you know the type chart?

I know all the type advantages by heart it's just the type resistances that I don't know so I have to look them up a lot. My brain never memorizes them. :(

I sometimes forget what types resist steel attacks, since for a while there weren't very many of them. And bug and fighting resisting each other never really made much sense to me.

I think I know weaknesses and immunities pretty well. Resistances are the ones who give me trouble, as they aren't usually explained in the anime and are somewhat difficult to stumble upon in the game. The few ones I can remember are "Ice doesn't resist anything but itself", "Steel resist everything except Water and the types it's weak to (except Dark and Ghost Gen 6 onwards)", "starter types resist themselves", "Rock resists Normal" and unique things like that. Psychic/Fairy Pokemon gave me some trouble in Shield, because I couldn't remember what kind of damage Bug, Poison and Dark types would do.

I used to know it pretty well before I stopped playing after gen 4. Gen 6 added Fairy, and that's thrown me off a bit, but for the most part, I pretty much have it down again. I know weaknesses better than resistances though, but that's about it.

I used to know it pretty well before I stopped playing after gen 4. Gen 6 added Fairy, and that's thrown me off a bit, but for the most part, I pretty much have it down again. I know weaknesses better than resistances though, but that's about it.
Pretty much this. Fairy and to a certain extend Steel trip me up.

well enough! but for some reason I still haven't fully memorized all the strenghts/weaknesses of the fairy type and sometimes still get mixed up + need correction @_@ I guess my attention span for this stuff went a little downhill with the release of XY...? hahaha

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom