• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

GO How will Pokemon Go interact with the main series games?

So, in-app data shows that Sweet Honey (what Honey is known as in Japan, guess they'll be using that name though now internationally) will probably come to Go in the future.

And we have a New Pokemon with Honey Gather as an Ability in Cutiefly. Now common speculation was at first bringing back a mechanic not used since DPt was of course Gen IV remakes, but what if you can somehow transfer the Honey to Go?

If Go interacts with the main series, I wonder how many people would buy Sun/Moon just to see the Pokemon they caught in the games.

Being able to transfer the Pokemon from Go to the main series looks almost certain.
I believe it may be involved with some event giving you special Pokemon in the game; Articuno/Zapdos/Moltres seem the most relevant in GO, perhaps the interaction with Sun/Moon will let you obtain them in one of the two games some way.

When the game was datamined they found out that the Pokémon in GO all have IVs. With how the game currently is IVs are pretty much useless, so this could point to the Pokémon being transferable to the main series.

I'm not too sure about being able to transfer any pokemon to the main games considering how easy it is to catch insane amounts of pokemon. I think it's more likely that special pokemon like the legendaries will be transferable.

I'm not too sure about being able to transfer any pokemon to the main games considering how easy it is to catch insane amounts of pokemon. I think it's more likely that special pokemon like the legendaries will be transferable.
I'd guess they'll place a limit on the amount you can transfer at any given time for that reason, like Gen IV's Pal Park 6 per day.
The level they get in the game may be based on CP, with those who have very little CP ending up very weak upon transfer so that people avoid transferring those.

I hope they don't get transferred into the main series games. I wouldn't mind items and such but not the Pokémon themselves.

I hope they don't get transferred into the main series games. I wouldn't mind items and such but not the Pokémon themselves.
I wouldn't think they'd ever let us transfer Pokeballs/Potions/Revives/Eggs etc. but not Pokemon. I see little point in that, to be honest.

If nothing else, I hope and expect to be able to transfer any of my Pokemon in Go to my Sun/Moon game. Hopefully this would be possible early in the game.

From the Famitsu interview with Masuda and Ohmori:

They are also considering linkage with the smartphone app Pokemon GO which came out earlier this month. However, Masuda said that Pokemon GO is a game about catching Pokemon by walking all around the world. And even with the same Pokemon species, they have different appearance methods and catch rates in Sun/Moon. If they are to link the two games, they have to do it in a way that doesn’t break the balance of either game and even end up making both games boring. They still need to find an interesting idea that could make both games more interesting.

I wouldn't think they'd ever let us transfer Pokeballs/Potions/Revives/Eggs etc. but not Pokemon. I see little point in that, to be honest.
Since there is currently only generation 1 Pokémon in GO I don't see why they should be transferred since we have Red/Blue/Yellow on the virtual console that can be transferred to Pokémon Bank. Most of the players of GO are people who don't play the main series games so I don't see why they would put in so much more work to make the games compatible when they could easily just reward users who play both with some item transfers.

Most of the players of GO are people who don't play the main series games so I don't see why they would put in so much more work to make the games compatible when they could easily just reward users who play both with some item transfers.
Because most players who play both would like to be able to transfer their Pokemon and would think that item transfers isn't that much of a compatibility.
Besides, I believe it is in the companies' best interest to give GO players better incentives to buy the main series from now on.

Since there is currently only generation 1 Pokémon in GO I don't see why they should be transferred since we have Red/Blue/Yellow on the virtual console that can be transferred to Pokémon Bank. Most of the players of GO are people who don't play the main series games so I don't see why they would put in so much more work to make the games compatible when they could easily just reward users who play both with some item transfers.
Well since Gamefreak dropped the bombshell that some of the OG mons will have alternate forms in Sun and Moon, this could be a great incentive for people to transfer go Pokemon if they prefer the normal forms. But like you said, we do have the VC games for that.

I think its bad the rules from GO are diffrent then series main games, immunities should be a thing like they are in main games. That was always the best about it. that 0x damage.

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom