• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

How will Pokemon Sun and Pokemon Moon effect the anime?

How do we know that Lillie hates battling? I've only seen the video...

How do we know that Lillie hates battling? I've only seen the video...

It's in her description on the website:
Lillie is a mysterious girl who assists the professor. This young girl is about the same age as your character, and she's working as Professor Kukui’s assistant for personal reasons. She's not fond of making Pokémon fight in battles, but she loves reading and has devoured many books. Lillie will play an important role in the story of Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon.

Hau being a relaxed and laid-back third team member would be a nice change after Brock, Cilan and Clemont' righteousness, but after seeing that Gary and Bianca are the only game rivals that debuted early in the series I wouldn't get my hopes up.

Ash's Pokedex being Oak's Rotom is too much of a good chance to pass up, I don't understand why it would be Kukui's. Don't let XY's amnesia spread to you.

Just the fact that he's a rival puts Hau at a disadvantage since they normally don't have characters like that as part of the main cast. Not to mention it could be a bit difficult to give him something to do in the group. He wouldn't fit the mold as previous secondary male characters do about being more knowledgeable about Pokemon in general.

I think that the main reason people think the Rotom would be Kukui's is because he gives you the Pokedex. They could find some way to bring Professor Oak's Rotom into the mix instead, but that seems less likely to me. Saying that XY has amnesia is just sounds odd to me. Not mentioning past events isn't the same thing as forgetting them completely.

I'm going to disagree with the consensus here because I think there's a good chance Lillie may travel with Ash. At the very least I wouldn't be so quick to rule her out as a companion.

That is an interesting idea. I just assume that Ash is going to travel with the playable female lead again and I'd prefer that since I want Contests to return so badly. The female playable trainer with her own performing Popplio trying to become Top Coordinator would make me so happy. Lillie joining the group instead could be interesting. She would be an important character to the story, but I don't know if that would really translate into giving her a goal for the show.

That would be good, as he's the local and obviously knows the area, they could have an older/younger brother thing going on

That would be rather cute to see.

I want the black haired female protagonist from the games to be Ash's next companion, another blonde would be overkill imo.

Lillie is a mystery but I don't think she's a villain, Hau should be the friendly, energetic rival like Barry.

Maybe Lillie hates battling but is actually scary good at it? I mean, N already beat her to the "I-don't-want-to-battle" mentality. But, that didn't stop him in BW or his rematches in BW2.

Alternatively, Ash could inspire her to battle. To which she then becomes a rival.

The anime can adapt her in myriad of ways outside her game persona. It's been done before. I mean after all, May nor Dawn never bothered with Contests in their games and Serena was all about battling in her respective game.

As for Hau, I can see him as either a rival or party member. I feel like if he was a party member though, he would just be glorified native tour guide for Ash who wants to try all of Aloha's popular food places.

What if Hau will be Clemmont's replacement for S/M arc?

As for Hau, I can see him as either a rival or party member. I feel like if he was a party member though, he would just be glorified native tour guide for Ash who wants to try all of Aloha's popular food places.

I'll be honest, if that was what his character does in the anime, that's more then enough reason to watch in my opinion. man I can't wait for the Sun & Moon Anime!! :D

I want the black haired female protagonist from the games to be Ash's next companion, another blonde would be overkill imo.

Lillie is a mystery but I don't think she's a villain, Hau should be the friendly, energetic rival like Barry.

How would two female trainers with blonde hair be overkill? Are we valuing characters primarily on their physical appearances now? And how is Serena considered a blonde in the first place? Her hair looks pretty light brown to me or hazel. Lillie's hair is much more blonde by comparison. More importantly, the hair color shouldn't be a factor for a female traveling companion, or any companion in my opinion. By that logic, we can never have any other female companion with red, brown, blue or purple hair. That just sounds ridiculous and extremely nonsensical.

Maybe Lillie hates battling but is actually scary good at it? I mean, N already beat her to the "I-don't-want-to-battle" mentality. But, that didn't stop him in BW or his rematches in BW2.

Alternatively, Ash could inspire her to battle. To which she then becomes a rival.

The anime can adapt her in myriad of ways outside her game persona. It's been done before. I mean after all, May nor Dawn never bothered with Contests in their games and Serena was all about battling in her respective game.

It would really depend on what kind of role Lillie has to the overall storyline most likely. Ash making her into a rival could be interesting, but I'm not sure if they could go into that direction. May, Dawn and Serena weren't based around those versions of their game counterparts though. They're taken from the perspective of a starting trainer, not the rival versions of those characters, so I'm not sure if those would be good examples. Bianca would be a more fitting example since they had her become primarily comedy relief rather than focus on her development like what happened with her video game counterpart.

Magearna said:

It is hard to see what he could do if he was traveling with the group. I could see him interacting with Ash quite nicely, but what he could do among the group is a bit more difficult to guess.

It would really depend on what kind of role Lillie has to the overall storyline most likely. Ash making her into a rival could be interesting, but I'm not sure if they could go into that direction. May, Dawn and Serena weren't based around those versions of their game counterparts though. They're taken from the perspective of a starting trainer, not the rival versions of those characters, so I'm not sure if those would be good examples. Bianca would be a more fitting example since they had her become primarily comedy relief rather than focus on her development like what happened with her video game counterpart.
Regarding May, Dawn and Serena, I understand that. That comment was aimed towards people who think Lillie shouldn't battle at all in the anime given her role in games-I was trying to convey that the anime can, and has, adapted characters with new aspects and perspectives outside of their game roles, perspective or not.

And even though the aforementioned three began with the perspective of starting trainers, they all transitioned into anime adapted careers (rather than the essential badge quest). I feel that the same can be applied to Lillie, thus allowing May, Dawn and Serena to still, in fact, be relatable examples. But I can see why you think Bianca has the stronger relation.

Last edited:
Lol, if Lillie is indeed involved with the evil team, this is going to be GameFreak's big mistake. Using the word 'Mysterious Girl' on her profile page and making everyone guess that she's probably evil.

What Hau would be doing traveling with Ash is a complete mystery, but I honestly do think the two of them will really interact pretty well. I can see them being pretty buddy-buddy, either way if he's a traveling companion or rival. Its hard to say right now, as we only know of 3 potential traveling partners for Ash and we still don't know the gym leaders. It would be easy to say the female protagonist would join Ash, but the problem is Misty and Iris weren't the playable characters, like May, Dawn, and Serena were.

How would two female trainers with blonde hair be overkill? Are we valuing characters primarily on their physical appearances now? And how is Serena considered a blonde in the first place? Her hair looks pretty light brown to me or hazel. Lillie's hair is much more blonde by comparison. More importantly, the hair color shouldn't be a factor for a female traveling companion, or any companion in my opinion. By that logic, we can never have any other female companion with red, brown, blue or purple hair. That just sounds ridiculous and extremely nonsensical.
I see Serena as a dark blond. Bulbapedia lists her hair as honey, anyway. And I can see the complaint of another blond being overkill, because we're coming from a group that had three blonds. (Plus Korrina, if you include her short stint on the cast.) I'd be fine with another blond, but after three years of Serena, Clemont and Bonnie, it'd be nice to see more diversity.

(I'd really like another main character with an unnatural hair color, just by the by. I think that's weird and cute.)

Regrading May, Dawn and Serena, I understand that. That comment was aimed towards people who think Lillie shouldn't battle at all in the anime given her role in games-I was trying to convey that the anime can, and has, adapted characters with new aspects and perspectives outside of their game roles, perspective or not.

And even though the aforementioned three began with the perspective of starting trainers, they all transitioned into anime adapted careers (rather than the essential badge quest). I feel that the same can be applied to Lillie, thus allowing May, Dawn and Serena to still, in fact, be relatable examples. But I can see why you think Bianca has the stronger relation.

Those are valid points. We may see Lillie battle at some point during the games anyway, so saying that she shouldn't battle at all during the anime's run is a bit odd. It will really come down to what role she plays in the storyline and how the anime adapts the overall storyline too.

I see Serena as a dark blond. Bulbapedia lists her hair as honey, anyway. And I can see the complaint of another blond being overkill, because we're coming from a group that had three blonds. (Plus Korrina, if you include her short stint on the cast.) I'd be fine with another blond, but after three years of Serena, Clemont and Bonnie, it'd be nice to see more diversity.

(I'd really like another main character with an unnatural hair color, just by the by. I think that's weird and cute.)

I've heard it being called dark blonde before, but her hair still looks more brown than blonde to me. Now Clemont, Bonnie and Korrina have blonde hair, but the overkill comment still seems a bit odd to me. I can understand seeing more diversity. but this is hair color we're talking about. It's such an extremely minor detail to focus on in the grand scheme of things.

I've heard it being called dark blonde before, but her hair still looks more brown than blonde to me. Now Clemont, Bonnie and Korrina have blonde hair, but the overkill comment still seems a bit odd to me. I can understand seeing more diversity. but this is hair color we're talking about. It's such an extremely minor detail to focus on in the grand scheme of things.
I mean hair is minor compared to character development and personality, but aesthetics are something I find pretty important, and they do have an impact on how I feel about the character. (And it's probably something I value more than development, since Pokemon isn't exactly a bastion of complex writing. Plus they) We're gonna have to be looking at the characters for 3~ years.

And again, we just came off three years of all-blond(e)s + Ash.

The version they seem to be focused on is the black haired one.

Which is good since it's neither orange,brown,blue, purple, or blond.

We've been through DP with Ash, Dawn, and Brock having varying colors of black, dark blue, and dark brown. In BW, we had Ash, Iris, and Cilan, two members with purple and green hair, which is pretty unnatural. We've just had XY with three people having light colored hair. One series.

I think we've had plenty of diversity, and there will be diversity again. Hair color shouldn't be a thing to worry about.

And as for Lillie and her potential to not battle at all - I don't care if she doesn't battle and I don't mind if she's a good battler. What I don't want to see is people complaining that someone with a major role on the show doesn't like battling or can't battle well. I've said this a million times that pokemon is not just about battling - not everyone has to be a super duper trainer like Ash. Trainers are just one type of job you can get in the pokemon world which happens to involve battling. The games themselves explain clearly that people can just keep them as pets or for other jobs. People complained about Serena being a horrible battler - but she ended up having one of the most solid development out of the female characters. Her battling ability improved, yes, but she's proven that there's more to being a trainer than just being good at battling. Battles may be exciting on screen, but wouldn't a little diversity help? D:

Do you think they'd do something as crazy as have Hanako and Satoshi relocate to Alola like the game protag?

I've said this before somewhere, but I'd like to see the lightly-tanned version of the female character used, because she looks polynesian
Pok%C3%A9mon.full.2001569.jpg

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom