• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

How will Pokemon Sun and Pokemon Moon effect the anime?

What I think would be cool is if Ash continues his journey but he's no longer the main character. He does his journey mainly off screen. He could be the rival for Luna the girl. The reason why I want to name her Luna is because it's Latin for moon. Sonny would be nice for the boy.

I've heard it being called dark blonde before, but her hair still looks more brown than blonde to me. Now Clemont, Bonnie and Korrina have blonde hair, but the overkill comment still seems a bit odd to me. I can understand seeing more diversity. but this is hair color we're talking about. It's such an extremely minor detail to focus on in the grand scheme of things.

Well, it's a minor detail to YOU but not for ME, opinions, anyway Karamazov said all I needed to say. I hope the next female companion has BLACK hair and not blonde. ;) I liked Serena, Clemont and Bonnie but I want a little shake up in the cast's diversity since Alola is Hawaii based.

Well, it's a minor detail to YOU but not for ME, opinions, anyway Karamazov said all I needed to say. I hope the next female companion has BLACK hair and not blonde. ;) I liked Serena, Clemont and Bonnie but I want a little shake up in the cast's diversity since Alola is Hawaii based.

Using the female lead with a darker skin tone would do far more to shake up the cast's diversity than simply having black hair and it would be most likely more appealing to more people as well.

Let's be frank here, saying that the Alola Region is based on Hawaii is restrictive & rather narrow-minded. As Hawaii is simply a state of the USA, that would be the same as saying Kalos is based on Normandy rather than France. A more accurate description is that Alola is based on Polynesia, ie., the small islands of the southern & central Pacific. Because of this, fans of the game who live in the major markets (East Asia, Southeast Asia & the USA) know full well what people from this area look like. Now, I know that anime tends to ignore things such as this and regardless of setting, the characters mostly look western, but seriously? We know of five characters already & the only one with dark skin is Hau? Come on anime makers, new region, new attitude, please.

Using the female lead with a darker skin tone would do far more to shake up the cast's diversity than simply having black hair and it would be most likely more appealing to more people as well.
The one time they tried that it bombed.

Well, it wasn't because of Iris's complexion. It was her 'such a little kid' gag that annoyed the hell out of people. (However, I, for one, did not find that gag annoying at all! Also, Iris is one of my favorites, so yeah I am not annoyed by her or her gags one bit!)

No one had a problem with Iris because of her skin color. The only complaint about her design that I can recall was her hair, which always seemed silly to me, but I'm also really used ridiculous anime hair styles by this point. The main complaints about Iris were always about her gags and her writing in general. Just because Iris wasn't received well doesn't mean that they shouldn't or couldn't have a character with darker skin tone again. Not to mention Brock lasted for a long time and he had a darker skin tone too. If they do have the playable female lead in the cast again, the chances are pretty good that they'd use the default design, but it wouldn't have anything to do with Iris if that turns out to be the case.

Doesn't the prof have brown skin too?

Not really, he's just tanned, rather than naturally dark-skinned like Hau
Sun_Moon_Professor_Kukui.png

Sun_Moon_Hau.png

Hau is slightly darker but they are both brown-skinned as far as I'm concerned.

The only white/Asian characters that have been revealed are the player characters (who aren't native to the region) and Lillie (who is mysterious). More importantly, the majority of Hawaiians these days are Asian (38.6%) or white (24.7%).

Kukui might be a tan Asian, which would be perfectly acceptable.

Misty-Moo said:
As Hawaii is simply a state of the USA, that would be the same as saying Kalos is based on Normandy rather than France. A more accurate description is that Alola is based on Polynesia, ie., the small islands of the southern & central Pacific.
Saying that it is based on Hawaii is perfectly accurate. There might be liberties from other islands, but that remains to be seen.

I hope Ash travels with Hau. It will be a nice change up from traveling with one of the regional gym leaders and the female protagonist (or two gym leaders).

I hope that Serena goes with Ash and that we will get some more of Braixen =>Delphox next gen.
I would love to see them getting new pokes and have battles between difrent gen starters.
I think we will also get gen 3 or 4 megas this time or even maybe gen 7 megas?
Ash with Rowlet and Litten, Serena with Poplio , thats what I think.

Calling it now: Ash will catch a Pikipek (after some trouble), and it'll fully evolve sooner or later.

Last edited:
Wouldn't it be incredibly hilarious if Ash got a Litten, Pikipek, and the rock mutt and they all had a bird/cat/dog rivalry:ROFLMAO:

Lol, no seriously, if he did get all 3, I hope they'd actually break the "animal enemies" stereotype and all be really good friends.:p Though at this point I still don't see Ash getting rock mutt.

Yay! this is the usual regional bird Ash will get: Pikipek, the little birdy is kinda cute. :p Now I want Ash to get Rowlet, Litten and Iwanko so it would already cover: Electric, Fire, Grass, Flying, Normal, Rock, Ash just needs a water type similar to Buizel/Corphish and we're set. :D

Here's something I'm extra curious about...

If Alola is just 4 or 5 islands, how are they going to milk the saga for 3-4 years???o_O

I guess we're in for a crapload of Show exclusive places, huh?

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom