• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

How will Pokemon Sun and Pokemon Moon effect the anime?

I'm mainly thrilled that we finally have some starter plush toys. It does basically confirm a Sun/Moon series, but I need a Popplio plush toy like right now.

As for Salandit, I don't know if I could see it being with Team Rocket. It's possible, but I could see it being used for the evil team instead. I kind of hope that they'll bring Inkay and Gourgeist with them. I don't think that I could see them dropping off their Pokemon at Team Rocket HQ again, especially when they have focused on how much they care for their Pokemon, and since they have such a small amount of Pokemon on their teams to begin with, I don't think carrying over their sixth generation Pokemon would be too bad. It would give them some much needed variety instead of being stuck with just one Pokemon to battle with throughout the series. Jessie has used Wobbuffet for battling, but it's been mainly Gourgeist in that department. At least Wobbuffet is safe. I doubt that they'd get rid of it again, so Jessie will keep at least that one.

I'm almost hoping that Sonansu's forced stay will automatically mean that the writers can't play the "dropping all my mons off at TRHQ" card.

I'm pretty sure that Pokémon the Series: Sun & Moon (Pocket Monsters Sun & Moon) anime will begin with Ash arriving in the Alola Region by plane and meeting his first traveling companion (which will be one of the female Gym Leaders in the Alola Region), then later on... meeting another traveling companion in which is a male Gym Leader from the first town from the Sun & Moon games that has a Pokémon Gym.

I'm sure this time, Ash will have each of every starter, 'cause unlike in the games... the anime always follows a pattern. If both of Ash's traveling companions are Gym Leaders, then he'll be the one that will obtain all three starter Pokémon. And if Ash only has one Gym Leader as a traveling companion, then him and his traveling companions will all get a starter Pokémon each. It has always been the case. And also, if Ash has only one Gym Leader as a traveling companion, it will always be male. And it has always been the case that if both of the traveling companions are Gym Leaders, Ash will always meet the female one first upon arrival to the new region.

So yep, Ash will get to catch or even choose Rowlet, Litten and Popplio. And he will meet a female Gym Leader in the starting town or even on Route 1, then later challenge the male Gym Leader who is portrayed as the first Gym Leader in Pokémon Sun/Moon games.

Also, I'm sure there will be a sneak peak of two episodes of the anime on Saturday 19th of November in the US. While Japan will air episodes 1 and 2 of the new series on Thursday, 17th of November. All within this year. Japan will continue to air the episodes from that point on, one per week. But as for the US and the rest of the world, we'll have to wait for a lot longer. I'm sure Season 20 (Pokémon the Series: Sun & Moon) of the anime will air in the US in April 2017 (which will extend the gap between the dub and Japanese airing even further).

I'm pretty sure that Pokémon the Series: Sun & Moon (Pocket Monsters Sun & Moon) anime will begin with Ash arriving in the Alola Region by plane and meeting his first traveling companion (which will be one of the female Gym Leaders in the Alola Region), then later on... meeting another traveling companion in which is a male Gym Leader from the first town from the Sun & Moon games that has a Pokémon Gym.

I'm sure this time, Ash will have each of every starter, 'cause unlike in the games... the anime always follows a pattern. If both of Ash's traveling companions are Gym Leaders, then he'll be the one that will obtain all three starter Pokémon. And if Ash only has one Gym Leader as a traveling companion, then him and his traveling companions will all get a starter Pokémon each. It has always been the case. And also, if Ash has only one Gym Leader as a traveling companion, it will always be male. And it has always been the case that if both of the traveling companions are Gym Leaders, Ash will always meet the female one first upon arrival to the new region.

So yep, Ash will get to catch or even choose Rowlet, Litten and Popplio. And he will meet a female Gym Leader in the starting town or even on Route 1, then later challenge the male Gym Leader who is portrayed as the first Gym Leader in Pokémon Sun/Moon games.

Also, I'm sure there will be a sneak peak of two episodes of the anime on Saturday 19th of November in the US. While Japan will air episodes 1 and 2 of the new series on Thursday, 17th of November. All within this year. Japan will continue to air the episodes from that point on, one per week. But as for the US and the rest of the world, we'll have to wait for a lot longer. I'm sure Season 20 (Pokémon the Series: Sun & Moon) of the anime will air in the US in April 2017 (which will extend the gap between the dub and Japanese airing even further).

Now hold on, we can't automatically assume standard patterns after XY. XY (&Z) broke several anime conventions and challenges several more. Before, Ash was always assured a Grass-type starter. Now, he doesn't even have a Grass-type at all. Before, Ash's Water-type never evolves. Now, not only has Ash's Froakie evolved all the way to Greninja, it is virtually the star of the show.

Plus, Diamond and Pearl already broke the whole "him and traveling companions will all get a starter Pokémon each" when you realize that Brock never got a Sinnoh starter at all. It was Ash gets Turtwig and Chimchar while Dawn gets Piplup.

Pattern-breaking is what I like about the XY series and I hope that the new anime of Sun and Moon would continue to do the same.

Maybe team flare goes to the new region with Zygarde?
It's posible. Alain could still be Ash rival in some sort.

Maybe team flare goes to the new region with Zygarde?
It's posible. Alain could still be Ash rival in some sort.
If Team Flair goes to the Alola region with Zygarde, then this could take away the spotlight from Alola's evil team and legendary Pokemon.

I doubt that Team Flare is going to be in the new region. While we don't know much about the storyline for Sun/Moon, the chances of Team Flare being involved with whatever they have planned for Zygarde in those games are pretty slim at best. Besides that, I seriously doubt that they wouldn't resolve the Team Flare/Zygarde plot lines in XY. The fact that they jump right into the Kalos League instantly made me think that Team Flare was going to get involved somehow, so we'll most likely deal with that in the upcoming episodes.

I could see this new fire/poison Salandit pokemon as a burglar, partner in crime with a new vilian or with Team Rocket.
Even one in a gym match.

I could see this new fire/poison Salandit pokemon as a burglar, partner in crime with a new vilian or with Team Rocket.
Even one in a gym match.
I don't know how Salandit would fit Jessie and James, but I can see it with a member of the evil team.

I think it be cool if Ash caught Salandit as his fire type of the region. I don't see Ash with a Litten so Salandit would be best in my opinion.

Well, Team Rocket will still stalk Ash, unfortunately. How they're characterized is anyone's guess, but I pray to god it's not their current or DP selves continued.

The English dubbing...well, can it even get any worse, really? It'll probably either be a repeat of the BW dub where TPCi fools everyone into thinking they've changed in the first Season, then goes back to DP standards on the music in the second Season, and then drops to AG/BF standards with it in Da!. Either that, or they'll continue the horrid dub that is XY onwards. The voice acting will continue to be terrible (as it has been since...Season 9?), same with the dialogue/script, intros will probably still suck, etc.

Ash will probably either be a mix of his AG/DP self like in XY or go back to BW level.

He'll probably get a new male traveling companion ditching Clemont, and new female companion replacing Serena...probably gonna be a trio this time again instead of a quartet imo, but we'll see.

I'm hearing a lot of rumors about the Alola Region not having any gyms and I'm just thinking...How would that even work in the anime if there's nothing like a gym, league, or anything?

Same. It could be another "vacation" for Ash like the Unova Saga was (I mean Alola is the most blatant Hawaii reference ever), though...then again, that had gyms and a League, so...

I just hope Team Rocket stop being so obnoxious like they have been in XY-XYZ.

If the SM games don't have legit gyms, whatever replaces them will probably be mostly the same and just hyped up to be brand new because marketing. This franchise is so dependent on formula that I doubt it would stray too far from the gym quest plot. If the games really do shake up the gym quest structure to the point that it's barely similar, the anime might just ignore it and still do gyms, maybe just under a different name.

I believe Pokemon Sun and Moon is going to be a combined effort to continue Ash as the protagonist, but add another protagonist to keep all the viewers of the series intact. Whether or not Serena will continue is debatable, but by fan desire, they most likely will not remove her completely. I think this transition will give them a chance to explain Ash's innability to age-but continue to mature-however slightly, as the series continues and then age him because he hits a climax. After all Zygarde is a cell and nature balance Pokemon. And he's tied to Ash. So maybe Zygarde will reveal everything in a special or filler episode/movie and Ash's inability to age will reveal itself and they'll be able to reverse it and move on. This will also open up the window of opportunity for them to add another protagonist to keep younger viewers watching while the older ones aren't pissed. As for whether or not Ash wins the Kalos League, that could go either way, but I believe he might actually win only because this is the first time he surpasses his rivals in Pokemon bonds and such and also the first series they don't play every match he's in in full depth. They are building towards something. And this happens to be what i believe they are doing. They can't just let Ash go, he's too crucial to Pokemon. But modern society demands change. They could possibly even remake the Pokemon series and make ash age or show some sign that their hiccups are being removed so Ash isn't forever 10 years old.

If the SM games don't have legit gyms, whatever replaces them will probably be mostly the same and just hyped up to be brand new because marketing. This franchise is so dependent on formula that I doubt it would stray too far from the gym quest plot. If the games really do shake up the gym quest structure to the point that it's barely similar, the anime might just ignore it and still do gyms, maybe just under a different name.
If those rumors are to be believed then the S\M games revolve around the player actually building the league. All I can say is that it's going to be interesting to see what the anime does since it's really only a marketing tool for the games.

If those rumors are to be believed then the S\M games revolve around the player actually building the league. All I can say is that it's going to be interesting to see what the anime does since it's really only a marketing tool for the games.
That leak is fake thanks to the two new Pokemon in CoroCoro.

If the Sun Moon games are really about building a league, then I think Ash may win Kalos League, and then help to set up the next League in Alola.
But do we know if Ash wins yet?

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom