• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

How will Pokemon X & Y impact the Anime? - UPDATE: Begins October!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't expect the France setting to change a damn thing. Seeing as how despite having a Xenophobic Trip they did nothing with the American thing (except randomly put American movies variations in pokestar studios). None of heights taken account for that, no Ash complaining about too much salt on Cilan's food, no violence lusting little kids, no Dawn complaining about about everyone being too loud AND WORST OF ALL there was NO DISMAY AT TIES. Honestly guys Americans fucking HATE ties not all Americans even know that it is different in other countries but there was combined total of a 10 years between the the last 3 ties in the NFL. We have a phrase for it "Getting a tie is like kissing your sister". But how did Trip the American Xenophobe react to tying with Ash the derpy foreigner? "Your style isn't for me". Trip should've Asked Ash for a tie breaker RIGHT THERE.

I don't really begrudge the anime (cause you know it's a kids show) for not including these things except you know the tie thing or any rational to Trip's Xenophobia. But I really think we shouldn't get our expectations to high for the France frenzy.

I don't think the writers would care adding those little "details" since I doubt "omg American food is SO salty/its so loud!/ect" isn't a widely-held opinion (or they don't even know about it). If they did, they would just be throw-away one liners in only one episode. I found the BW games to be a bit more "American" than the anime, and you know how close the writers stick to the games...

TRUUUUUUUUUUUUUE but what I'm saying is "why would they do France any differently?". I did say I didn't begrudge them.

If the next main girl is Serena, she is certain to do something. If it's Shauna, hopefully she will do more than occupy the token girl role.

Height.png

Above is a height comparison of Serena, Shauna and Dawn (click to enlarge). As you can see, Shauna is roughly the same height as Dawn is, while Serena is at least a head taller.

They could just make her look slightly shorter in the anime. It wouldn't be that hard to do. I seriously doubt that Serena's height would prevent her from joining the cast. Whether or not that there is a side game like Contests in X/Y that they can adapt into a sidequest for her to participate in would be the factor that makes or breaks her chances of getting into the main cast. Regardless if it's Serena, Shauna or someone completely different, I just want an active female trainer in the cast again.

Regardless if it's Serena, Shauna or someone completely different, I just want an active female trainer in the cast again.

Hopefully one who DOESN'T get everything handed to her on a golden platter by Arceus this time!

We should have a rival that is so weak Team rocket could defeat him with ease, then Ash beats him like 50 times over, each more embarrassing than the last which forces him to train hard and defeat ash and win the Kalos league as well.

I'd rather have the female not be a side character either and have a more active role like May or Dawn. It's just the matter of having a second quest for the female since Ash will be collecting badges. I think it all depends on whether or not there will be another thing to do in the games and if it'll be important enough to be a quest on its own in the anime, since Pokemon Musicals were just glanced over in BW.

I still really hope for the idea of a male character having a Wally role, where Ash helps him out in the beginning and then they become rivals afterward (I could see the orange haired boy having that role.) Either that or get rid of Ash altogether, but I highly doubt that will be an option.

Actually, even though a lot of us have suggested it, perhaps even me, BW has made the point more clear than ever just how empty this series is without a secondary plot. I've been saying a long time now that the main plot as it is is very limited. This is why I don't even consider such things for fanfiction. There is just nothing that can be done with it. I also find it a flaw, however, that the show needs something else to make it interesting. This measure is the only reason I rank Hoenn where it is in my scale, since it fills the holes, although there are still holes. I know that due to the nature of the show, this cannot be helped. Right now, the most we can hope for is for the writers to put their effort into making the battles interesting again. That's pretty much all there is left for Ash. There is a good reason why a lot of people find the other characters more interesting. I'm starting to perhaps agree with them that Ash should no longer be our concern, regardless of the matter that they can't abandon him.

So I have been thinking about Shauna joining Ash...

I have this feeling that if Shauna joins Ash, she won't have a proper goal like becoming Top Coordinator or Dragon Master.

Her in-game description is:

Shauna is an incredibly energetic girl who is coming along on the journey to find a dream of her own. She’s friendly and outgoing, and seems to genuinely enjoy all the curiosities you’ll come across on your journey.

She doesn't have a dream yet and her journeying with Ash would be partially to find a dream of her own and partially to enjoy all the curiosities of Kalos region. She would perhaps try out gym battles, then move on to something else. That would also provide material for some personal growth of the character who doesn't seem to be able to find anything that suits her.
In my 20 years of selling Propane and Propane accesories...Just no. for the love of Propane NO!!!! her description reminds me of a combonation of many other charcters who have gotten on my nerves. Her physical appearnce reminds me of Bianca and a Chespin. i personlally hope she isnt the degree that bianca was in hyperactivity. And her huge amount of natural curiosity also reminds me of a little baby dragon pokemon that just HAS to touch every thing which gets useualy him and Pikachu in big trouble. i just hope if they use her that she isnt voiced by Lisa Ortiz. that last girl named Shauna in pokemon i found to be a bit annoying but i do hope someone else will take iris's role

So I have been thinking about Shauna joining Ash...

I have this feeling that if Shauna joins Ash, she won't have a proper goal like becoming Top Coordinator or Dragon Master.

Her in-game description is:

Shauna is an incredibly energetic girl who is coming along on the journey to find a dream of her own. She’s friendly and outgoing, and seems to genuinely enjoy all the curiosities you’ll come across on your journey.

She doesn't have a dream yet and her journeying with Ash would be partially to find a dream of her own and partially to enjoy all the curiosities of Kalos region. She would perhaps try out gym battles, then move on to something else. That would also provide material for some personal growth of the character who doesn't seem to be able to find anything that suits her.
In my 20 years of selling Propane and Propane accesories...Just no. for the love of Propane NO!!!! her description reminds me of a combonation of many other charcters who have gotten on my nerves. Her physical appearnce reminds me of Bianca and a Chespin. i personlally hope she isnt the degree that bianca was in hyperactivity. And her huge amount of natural curiosity also reminds me of a little baby dragon pokemon that just HAS to touch every thing which gets useualy him and Pikachu in big trouble. i just hope if they use her that she isnt voiced by Lisa Ortiz. that last girl named Shauna in pokemon i found to be a bit annoying but i do hope someone else will take iris's role

You sell propane O.0

Ah, nvm that.

Whether you like it or not, judging by how things are at the moment, I think Shauna might end up the new travelling companion. Serena has less chance unless they re-introduce contests or make an active secondary goal like contests.

My wishful thinking? I wish the fat guy and the short guy join Ash along with Serena. I am not sure how they will work out their goals but they can be at least interesting character wise. Serena could be the silent girl who the fat guy has a crush on, and tags along with Ash and Co. because she's forced to, but she ends up liking Ash and has a secret crush on him. But Ash being Ash won't notice it.

Ah crap, I forgot we are talking about Pokemon. We are most likely to get Dento, Satoshi and Shauna. (I LIKE DENTO....but please develop him, I beg you.) I hope this not happens but I see this happening.

I don't really see any of the XY rivals becoming travel companions. I assume they'll be in the show and I could see them doing something similar to in BW where they meet up with Ash and co at certain points in the show. And hopefully they'll be more developed. I still feel that Serena will become Ash's female traveling companion and hopefully she'll have a major side quest of her own to follow.

She seems to be the main rival in the games and part of me could see her also taking on gyms as well, but I really doubt that they'd have two main characters doing gyms. I personally think it would be interesting and a nice change, but I'll be fine as long as they give her something to do.

As for the male character, I honestly don't know. I really doubt that it'll be Calem, but I really don't care that much as long as it isn't Cilan.

I thought of something, maybe Ash will have more than 2 traveling companions, and maybe even old characthers, I say this because gamefreak did said that they wanted to focus in friendship in this generation, Idk, maybe we can see a combination of game characthers combine with old characthers, that's just wishful thinking but it still posible

You sell propane O.0

Ah, nvm that.

Whether you like it or not, judging by how things are at the moment, I think Shauna might end up the new travelling companion. Serena has less chance unless they re-introduce contests or make an active secondary goal like contests.

My wishful thinking? I wish the fat guy and the short guy join Ash along with Serena. I am not sure how they will work out their goals but they can be at least interesting character wise. Serena could be the silent girl who the fat guy has a crush on, and tags along with Ash and Co. because she's forced to, but she ends up liking Ash and has a secret crush on him. But Ash being Ash won't notice it.

Ah crap, I forgot we are talking about Pokemon. We are most likely to get Dento, Satoshi and Shauna. (I LIKE DENTO....but please develop him, I beg you.) I hope this not happens but I see this happening.

Shauna could be a great travling companion but from what they have descibed about her is that she is "very energetic". Bianca was also energetic and it got quite annoying. also with it describing her as enjoying all pf the curiousitys in the journy. Axew was just like that. She does have potential to become either a good character, comic relife, or just bad. just with first impressions im not all taht impressed but as the game and the show comes out my thoughts may change

If Cilan does stick around, he is likely to leave Pansage behind and bring a Poke that would have a new evolution or a new typing. But I don't mind Tierno replacing him in Kalos. I do pray the starters will be spread out this time around. Ash should definitely have Froakie and break the Water-type curse, Serena/Shauna should get Fennekin and Cilan/Tieno/whoever gets Chespin since I do think its time someone else get the grass starter for once.

You sell propane O.0

Ah, nvm that.

Shauna could be a great travling companion but from what they have descibed about her is that she is "very energetic". Bianca was also energetic and it got quite annoying. also with it describing her as enjoying all pf the curiousitys in the journy. Axew was just like that. She does have potential to become either a good character, comic relife, or just bad. just with first impressions im not all taht impressed but as the game and the show comes out my thoughts may change

Just because they said she's energetic doesn't mean she needs to be the main girl. I rather Serena because she seems more calm and she doesn't have tiny shorts that make me vomit.

Last edited:
My main thoughts based on current events are

Pikachu might well become Lightning/Fairy type so learn a fairy move in the anime etc.

The game friend Tierno might be a clue as too a companion (see official website description below)
"Tierno is burly and nimble, and his goal is to create a dance team with his Pokémon! He pays close attention to Pokémon when they battle to see he if he can incorporate their actions into new dance moves."

Given also the ingame XY interface shows medals as default as oppose only if the pokemon has any.

I strongly suspect some sort of dancing/contest events in XY. It would break up the gym battles and mini 1 v 1 contests Gen 5 overdid.

Meaning one thing.....a new May/Dawn

Or hopefully a return. I'd love for either of them too return. Piplup and Dawn would make sense from a marketing standpoint given that pokemons popularity but dawn would make sense too since she has brown hair like the female game char can plus she never really established a starter pokemon as a main companion (torchic was kind of 2nd fiddle to beutifly/Skitty for large parts of Gen3 Anime).

My main thoughts based on current events are

Pikachu might well become Lightning/Fairy type so learn a fairy move in the anime etc.

The game friend Tierno might be a clue as too a companion (see official website description below)
"Tierno is burly and nimble, and his goal is to create a dance team with his Pokémon! He pays close attention to Pokémon when they battle to see he if he can incorporate their actions into new dance moves."

Given also the ingame XY interface shows medals as default as oppose only if the pokemon has any.

I strongly suspect some sort of dancing/contest events in XY. It would break up the gym battles and mini contests Gen 5 overdid.

Meaning one thing.....a new May/Dawn

Or hopefully a return. I'd love for either of them too return. Piplup and Dawn would make sense from a marketing standpoint given that pokemons popularity but dawn would make sense too since she has brown hair like the female game char can plus she never really established a starter pokemon as a main companion (torchic was kind of 2nd fiddle to beutifly/Skitty for large parts of Gen3 Anime).

Chances are I won't be tuning in for the XY anime, but I was wondering, do you think they will make Clefairy a Fairy-type in the games? Also, do you think Ash and Team Rocket will be around in Gen 6? haha. XD. :)

Clefairy will be pure fairy type. Tbh its about time Clefable and Wifflytuff had a difference (one being norm/Fairy & one fairy)

Ash ofc will stay. He and pikachu ARE pokemon to younger fans. It would be like the simpsons replacing Bart & Homer with some new guy.

Clefairy will be pure fairy type. Tbh its about time Clefable and Wifflytuff had a difference (one being norm/Fairy & one fairy)

Ash ofc will stay. He and pikachu ARE pokemon to younger fans. It would be like the simpsons replacing Bart & Homer with some new guy.

I think him and Pikachu kinda are Pokémon to all of us in a way. XD.

Mr. Burns should be the new main character. I'd actually like to see him and Smithers get their own show! JK.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom