• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

How will Pokemon X & Y impact the Anime? - UPDATE: Begins October!

Status
Not open for further replies.
re: How will Pokemon X & Y impact the Anime? - UPDATE: Begins October!

I would be happy if Ihara Shigekatsu get in charge of Generation VI Anime series.
That guy sure know how to make people laugh.
I can imagine how funny Anime will be if that guy handle the show like he handle Pokemon DPA.

Re: Between Iris and Cilan, Who has more potential to stay for the XY saga?

Since "neither" doesn't appear to be an option based on the thread's title. I'll go with Cilan being the one to stay and Iris being the one to go. I'd rather see his overpowered rock lobster, grass monkey and mud fish than that little kid any day.

Well there will be a new series, duh. :p

But with a new writer for Episode N, and Tomioka being absent for awhile now... I think we might get a bit of a shakeup in regards to how the anime goes. No way it'll be like what happened in Best Wishes.

Well, aside from the obvious, since this does mean that the next anime series will premier in October (or around that, at least) in Japan, and the games will get a worldwide release, the US airings of the next series will premier four months behind the release of the games.

Re: Between Iris and Cilan, Who has more potential to stay for the XY saga?

This topic is already being discussed in the How will Pokemon X and Y impact the anime and just so there aren't too many threads on X and Y, I'll go ahead and merge them together.

Out of the two, I think that Cilan has the best chance of sticking around for this new series. I honestly can't see Iris staying with Ash. She hasn't developed that much, but hasn't really stopped characters from being replaced before. Besides, I don't see why Iris would go on another journey with Ash when they've already set up her going to the Opelucid Gym and they do like changing female leads with every new series. Unless there's another slightly older male trainer in the early stages of the games that can fill Cilan's position of the group, then I could see Cilan sticking around for another series. I think he is a bit more popular at least, although being voiced by a popular voice actor in Japan probably helps with that. It's probably more likely that they'll both be replaced for the next series, but out of the two, the only one I could see still traveling with Ash is Cilan.

How will the new games impact the anime?

Bottom Line: Simply by being better than Best Wishes. Best Wishes was hard to even consider an anime at times, and whether Iris and Cilan stay or leave the writers need to get their act together and remind the fans why we love progression in Pokemon.

I'm just looking for evolution in terms of the show(and please more for Ash's pokemon that doesn't involve battling all the time) as well as logic.

No more regression please. I...can't...take...the...stupidity.

The BWN plot has nine months to conclude. After that, everything resets in XY.
Everyone disappears (Iris returns in XY70-75 or so. Calling it now)
Ash will still be ten, wear blue, use Pikachu, and be voiced by Rica-san/Sarah Natochenny/insert-other-dub-VA-here

/Captainobvious

Other than the constants, it's way to early to tell. Maybe they'll mix it up (New girl with Chespin and Ash gets Froakie)

But with a new writer for Episode N, and Tomioka being absent for awhile now... I think we might get a bit of a shakeup in regards to how the anime goes. No way it'll be like what happened in Best Wishes.

What happened to him anyway? Seems like he largely retired from the anime once DP concluded. He's only written a handful of BW episodes. Was DP his last hurrah?

Hopefully the writing is better than BW.

What happened to him anyway? Seems like he largely retired from the anime once DP concluded. He's only written a handful of BW episodes. Was DP his last hurrah?

I wish I knew. I get the feeling there were some internal conflicts during BW, so who knows. It's a shame we're so in the dark about this stuff.

But I get the feeling the writing will be different for sure. And the Rockets will also be back for sure. No way they're going through what happened in BW again.

Well there will be a new series, duh. :p

I hope too freakin Mike its nothing like Best Wishes, UGH!! Heres what I hope happens next series;

-New girl character some what like Dawn or May.
-Ash to become mentor like again, be more mature and use his skills and think more for gyms this time around.
-Better rival for Ash or no rivals at all. Trip was a big waste, its like "Hey here comes that guy who every once in a while beats Ash again!"
-Have Ash win more tournaments this series, come on!! One win or two!! I hated that about this series, he lost every tournament, even those Don tournaments >>

I like Dento, I don't care if either stay to be honest but it'd be great if he stayed but meh.

But I get the feeling the writing will be different for sure. And the Rockets will also be back for sure. No way they're going through what happened in BW again.

If we still see them after BW ends, who knows. We don't even know what TR will truly be like in the N arc yet, let alone if they're continuing next saga.

If they don't continue, its possibly why they're making such a big deal about TR "returning" to the series for the N arc. If this is their last hurrah might as well use them as much as you can for the next 7 months.

Even though I'd love to see Iris stay, I really don't see it happening either. It feels like they're going to keep Iris in Unova to have her become a Gym Leader, possibly the Champion, and even though Iris was rather hesitant about the offer of becoming a Gym Leader, I think that'll be something that she'll come to think different about later in Episode N.

I would have loved to see her and Ash continue travel together, and maybe for Iris to participate in Gyms too in order to become a Champion, but that would have to be in Unova since it's there she's the Champion.

At the same time, I'm feel rather excited about the new girl, I always am. The only I've been really disappointed with is Dawn, and that's one out four. As long as the new girl isn't anything like Dawn it'll be fine, and since Contests probably won't make a comeback (who knows though), I don't see that happening.

At least Cilan stays, he's awesome too, but I'm slightly afraid of what will happen to the chemistry in the tio without Iris' spunk in it. I just hope that the new ''trio'' will be just as interesting (or better) as the BW/AG gangs, and not be as boring as DP's trio. The gang we're following through is for me the key factor to the series' quality.

I hope to see Ash rotating this saga. I liked his BW team and how diverse it was, even if they weren't used to their full potential. But if he does rotate, I would want him to have one starter, since the starters of BW hogged too much screentime.

and since Contests probably won't make a comeback (who knows though),

That reminds me of a big thing I want; a girl plot in the games that translates well into the anime for a second plot. I really loved that about DP (Plus it got the TRio to do something different) so I hope we get something like that.

Unless Contests do return, its hard to think of what secondary plot could come in the next arc.

The writers thought the Pokeathlon and Musicals weren't good enough to get more than one filler episode. To be honest I don't think anything will ever get the amount of screentime the Contests did again, especially when you realize it was in the anime for 8 years.

Anything that falls under battling is done by Ash, so its hard to imagine anything other than Contests getting a huge role in the next anime.

Some dude will tell ash about this wicked awsome region wih new pokemon, Ash will go home leave all his pokemon wih oak apart from pikachu. this is guarentued everything else is up in the air

i just hope the new series is better, writers need to get their act together now and please do not let ash catch all 3 starter pokemon it just dosent work for the love of god no ! then none of them will get properly developed and only 1 ends up evolving at all. Same wih johto follows onto unova infact my least liked sagas anime wise so its a bad luck charm dont do it. Also No rushing through this region once it gets near the end like their doing to unova its stupid, its the worst pokemon leage finals ever all to rush a new region ? why ? please just let this one finish at a reasonable pace.

I wouldn't want the second guy to be shafted, so I want him to have a plot, too. But with less focus than the Badge and other plots, of course.

We might not see the female lead either if they chose to make a Gym leader girl a main character again.

Considering both BW girls were completely ignored in the anime, not even given mini-arcs like Lyra was back in DP, there's no guarantee we'll see the next one either.

The girl from X & Y has a rather boring design.

If there's gonna be a new girl I wouldn't want it to be her.

I don't like Iris at all, Cilan is ok, I also think they will follow Ash to the new Region... My dreams are that Brock will come back, but I doubt that will ever happen lol.
I'm just praying they give Ash some sense of stability for this new Season... B/W has moment where I just cry inside because the writing is so basic... and bring Team Rocket back, at least once in a while, having them act like they're badass and they failing miserably again is much more boring than cutting them out after making a small appearance. It's also sometimes comical, but ehh. Let's also hope Episode N arc is going to be good, I see a lot of good episodes are planned ahead... and see some development of Ash's team hopefully.. somehow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom