• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

How will Pokemon X & Y impact the Anime? - UPDATE: Begins October!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sana would make a great successor to Iris. I am in love with her design :) That said, I'd rather see her with a Chespin, who kinda fits her (brownish skin tone and the little front teeth). That lion thingy looks pretty lame, she deserves a Pokémon that look as good as her.
Yeah, Chespin fits her too well. Shishinko looks lame-ish true, but still its evolution seems like it'll be stellar if speculation is anything to go by.

Not too fond of any of the designs. I'd be ok with Sana, but if she becomes a main part of the cast, than I'd really love to see her as somewhat of a dark/mean-girl type person.
I fear what this anime section would turn into given the semi-majority of people who were raging over Iris calling him a kid, even though it's a gag played for laughs. Though I'd love the concept, I wouldn't want another Paul-ish character when you say dark.

Tieruno is cool too, I'd be satisfied with having a fat character in the group for once. I'm pretty sure they'd give him stereotypical personality traits like being a big eater, lazy or easily tired which would be a bit irritating at first given not all overweight people exhibit those characteristics. I'm thinking the Vannilite tee is just that a shirt and nothing more that gives an indications of him owning one. Because ya know, fat guy and Vanillite, ice cream. That's comedy gold right there!!!1111

They did nothing of the sort with Stephan, so I don't see why they'd do that here.

The only thing is, dude's got a Vanillite shirt, it'd be weird advertising an Unova Pokemon throughout the show constantly like that...and who knows if he even has one.

Of course, I kind of wonder if we'll see a split-evolution for the line based off a different ice cream flavor.

Here's something I've thought about: a Jigglypuff getting a big role because of the Fairy-type deal. It would especially be a hoot if it were THE Jigglypuff from all those years ago (if they can bring back Charizard, why not?)

Who else wants to see Iris' Dragonite get its sorry overpowered tail kicked by one? :-D

Here's something I've thought about: a Jigglypuff getting a big role because of the Fairy-type deal. It would especially be a hoot if it were THE Jigglypuff from all those years ago (if they can bring back Charizard, why not?)

Who else wants to see Iris' Dragonite get its sorry overpowered tail kicked by one? :-D

I will laugh my butt so hard to see a battle between Dragonite and Jiggypuff. And Jiggypuff kicks it's bum.

I don't think Ash traveling with the sidekick trio would be a very good idea, honestly. For one, the three (plus the PCs) seem to be a close group of friends from the start, so Ash would seem kind of out-of-place there. Also, four characters all of whom own Pokemon would lead to too many Pokemon to handle. On the other hand, Ash traveling with Shauna and one of the two guys would also be strange, because then you'd have one of the friends just being left out... Shauna's a shoo-in for Ash's new girl companion, and if the two boys exist they're undoubtedly still her friends, but I think we'll most likely be seeing Ash + Shauna + some other guy with the two boys being reoccurring characters.

That being said, here's my silly bullshit idea of the character setup for Kalos.

• Ash: Comes to Kalos with Pikachu, of course. Gets an outfit based on Callum's default outfit. Main starter is Froakie, who fully evolves by the end of the series. Might or might not get Fennekin; if he does it won't come from an abusive trainer. Does not get Chespin. Thus three of the fandom's silly "patterns" are borken, and lost of silly fandom heads explode. :p
  • Shauna: Like in the games, her goal is to find her goal. She's cheerful, friendly and optimistic and loves trying new things. Team is mostly cute/pretty things- Vivillion, maybe Sylveon- but with a coupla ugly/weird things tossed in who she adores no less for being weird or ugly. despite being the same age as Ash she's been traveling for a bit already and is moderately experienced.
  • Callum: Because why not. The exact opposite of Shauna, he's gloomy and pessimistic. Despite being older than Ash and Shauna, he's only just started his journey, having put it off for as long as possible due to believing something would go horribly wrong the second he started. His starter is a Chespin who has more spunk than he will ever have. Dunno what his goal is; most likely he doesn't even have one at first because he doesn't think he can succeed at anything. He's based on the blonde version of the PC, with an outfit based on one of the alternate ones you can get in-game, probably in brown or green, thus advertising the customization options a bit. If Shauna doesn't have Sylveon, he'll have one who constantly tries to raise its trainer's spirits and usually fails.
  • Burgundy: Yes, I'm still on this. She stalks Ash to Kalos under the belief that Cilan is still with him and rages when she finds out otherwise. Ash then proceeds to piss her off and she declares herself his new rival. She obtains a Fennekin sometime before running into Ash, having intended to use it against Cilan's Pansage. Probably not Ash's main rival.
  • Tierno, Trevor and maybe Selena: Recurring characters and Shauna's friends. They sometimes travel as a group and sometimes split up. They don't travel with Shauna anymore mostly because they can't keep up with her, I guess.
  • The TRio: Are there as usual. James totally gets a Flabebe who thinks his hair is flowers or something. Jessie covets Burgundy's Fennekin for its grace and beauty and stuff, and eventually gets her own that's completely scruffy and undignified. Jessie decides her Fennekin is cuter and infinitely superior to Burgundy's (similar to the Dustox and Beautifly situation). The regional evil team has a pair of goofballs who effectively become the TRio's rivals.

Why yes, I do have too much time one my hands.

Yeah...I think we're going to get Shauna as a companion. I don't think she's going to be Iris again, though. If she does, I want her to be the inexperienced trainer that absorbs all the newbie lessons so that we can have decent battles for Ash again. I don't know if we'll get any of the others. Trevor sounds ripe for exposition bait, though.

I'm SO hoping Tierno shows up! :lol:

I shall call him--"He-Marina"!

Last edited:
I'm less concerned about him given the fate of Musicals in BW. It could not be same thing, but I'm just not sure.

I don't think Shauna will be the new main girl, she looks too young... i think the new ash's companion will be Serena, Tierno and maybe Trevor (the new Max).

I don't think Shauna will be the new main girl, she looks too young... i think the new ash's companion will be Serena, Tierno and maybe Trevor (the new Max).
I think that Shauna looks as old as Ash and the previous female characters are; she is especially similar to Iris. Serena looks quite older in comparison, but I do hope to see her as Ash's main rival.

Last edited:
Serena looks like she could pull off the age factor to be a rival. I hope she will be his rival. And please don't make her into an idiot. I can't see Shauna being a rival it because it says she's a friendly person. I don't think she could pull off the rival thing either. I really want a competent female rival for a change. The box haired nerd better not be a rival. I don't think I can deal with that that. And it would be nice for a large guy to be in the cast since most anime have those anyway.

I think that Shauna looks as old as Ash and the previous female characters are; she is especially similar to Iris. Serena looks quite older in comparison, but I do hope to see her as Ash's main rival.

I really don't think that Serena looks that much older than the previous female characters. I wouldn't mind it if she became Ash's rival though, if only so that Ash could have a much more competent female rival.

Alexa is travelling with them throught the end of DA. Could she join Ash for The XY series?

Alexa is travelling with them throught the end of DA. Could she join Ash for The XY series?

I doubt it. They'd probably want to use younger looking characters, possibly even some of the new rival characters, to join the cast. Alexa is traveling with the cast to showcase more sixth generation prior to the release of the game, as well as possibly allowing other countries airing the dub would have some kind of sixth generation promotion since it would take awhile for them to get to the new XY series.

I'd like them to do some thing different and have an older girl travel with Ash, she could be a female version of Brock.
Than, they could also add in some girl the same age as Ash and of course new guy so it doesn't look like Ash is building his own haremXD

I'd like them to do some thing different and have an older girl travel with Ash, she could be a female version of Brock.
Than, they could also add in some girl the same age as Ash and of course new guy so it doesn't look like Ash is building his own haremXD

I rather they make a second boy be around Ash's age so that he can be given a quest something to do.

I think there will be a female version of brock and that is viola the bug type gym leader. IMO she suited this role pretty well. 100px-XY_Viola.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom