• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

How will this generation handle area-based evolutions?

There is an acknowledgment that the majority of the pokemon from previous generations will not be readily available in these games (pre-National Dex).
There is a chance that the pre-evolutions of these pokemon that have area--based evolutions somewhere along the line in a post-game area (similar to what happened in D/P/Pt).
If not, you can simply transfer over your D/P/Pt/HG/SS pokemon over to the Black and White games and breed for their pre-evolutions.

Hmm... I don't think they'll make a completely new area for the Rocks. I think GF will just put them into another forest/ ice cave, sort of like how they took the meteorites from Veilstone and plonked them into Route 3.

As for Magnezone and Probopass, I believe they'll stay version exclusives.

why were they not there in gen II then

Because ll the retconning and other additions to HGSS made perfect sense...

Given that there's already a strage electromagnetic cave that has been revealed I'm guessing that'll be where you can evolve Nosepass & Mgneton and that Moss & Ice rock will also be present

I think there should just be a new area or new stones. It would be annoying to trade Generation 4 Pokemon back to the Generation 4 games just to evolve them. Or at least that's what I think.

For Magnezone and Probopass, they could have a statue somewhere that was notable for 'being made of a special rock, imported from Sinnoh :O'.
I had an idea somewhat like that. Like, if you show some old lady an Eevee she'll give you two key items. Moss Fragment and Ice Fragment. She'll say that they're fragments of 2 rocks found in the Sinnoh Region. If you show her a Magneton and a Nosepass she'll give you an Electromagnetic Rock which she says is a rock she picked up on Sinnoh's Mt. Coronet. So basically whenever you want a Magnezone or something, use the key item on a Magneton that's ready to evolve.

I wonder if they'll compact all the locations into one space?
I know it seems odd, but it sounds like something they'd do.
It would have to be post-league, though.

I'm betting since they are location based evolutions they will stay true to that location. You'll have to trade over leafeon, glaceon, magnezone, and probopass from dppt to get them in bw. If they were going to just make a new place for those evolutions they would have done it in hgss. Ilex/viridian forest, ice path and mt moon all would have worked. But they didn't do that. I'll bet they include new location based evolutions in bw, say maybe a ground or rock type eevee in that big desert (just an example). I think the location based evos are their solution to new gen evos of old pokemon without having to add new stones or whatever each time.

I know I've seen a game screenshot where the player is in a cave with 'magnetic rocks' or whatever they are. And I think that should be the place where Magneton, Nosepass and maybe Gear evolve.

As for Leafeon and Glaceon, I think it will be the old way, trade to D/P/Pt games and evolve. Because I have a feeling there will be no Eevee in the Isshu dex.

And before the end of my post, I would like to express my hate for Pokemon that evolve via trading. I know Nintendo wants people to buy two games to make more money, but version exclusives are enough for that.

why were they not there in gen II then

Because four Eeveelutions in one generation might be a little overkill. Plus, they wanted to showcase the new dark type. Or maybe Game Freak just likes to fuck with us.

The same way time based Evos will be handled. We already have an Electromagnetic cave. Then we have Ice mountains and the entire southeast area is forest. All taken care of.

Well you had to trade from D/P/Pt to get the evolutions in HGSS, since you can still should be able to trade from those to BW, I can bet you may have to trade

We already have an Electromagnetic cave. Then we have Ice mountains and the entire southeast area is forest. All taken care of.

Do we know thats what they are for?

I think there should just be a new area or new stones. It would be annoying to trade Generation 4 Pokemon back to the Generation 4 games just to evolve them. Or at least that's what I think.

A lot of people thought places like Ilex forest would have been a place to evolve evee into leafeon, but that didn't happen. Yes it can be annoying, but for some trades, it might just have to be so.

Do we know thats what they are for?

I think the Electromagnetic cave might be the home of Zekrom. The Ice mountains may be home to a duo of Ice legends and the forest is at the beginning of the game

It would be cool to have a Pokemon able to evolve at some Oasis due to the UV light reflecting off the water. Perhaps a new water pokemon could benefit from this.

Ya know, there is always the unlikely possibility that we will see a return trip to Sinnoh. If that doesn't come, then I believe they will be item based evolutions, with the items having some link to the original spots of evolution

Ya know, there is always the unlikely possibility that we will see a return trip to Sinnoh. If that doesn't come, then I believe they will be item based evolutions, with the items having some link to the original spots of evolution
Or you know, new areas >_>

I don't understand why people over-complicate this.

With HgSs, it was somewhat understandable by not wanting to let you get post Gen II Eeveelutions before the National Dex.

With HgSs, it was somewhat understandable by not wanting to let you get post Gen II Eeveelutions before the National Dex.
Then why the hell not have them in Kanto? Power Plant, Viridian Forest, Seafoam Islands... Mt. Silver even if the Power Plant isn't "strong" enough. It's not like they don't handwave stuff in ridiculous ways already.

If they even bothered to make Milotic possible, I can't get why these were left out. But oh well.

If 5th Generation does this cop-out, I really will wonder what the hell are they thinking when desigining the games. All Evolutions should be possible at least in the main Generation games, if they can't do a few things to make them possible in every game.

The point was to sell the Sinnoh Games. That's all I can say.

But these games will have them in some way. And we won't need to visit Sinnoh.

What I'm thinking right now is that the electromagnetic cave will be the Probopass/Magnezone evo spot, levelling Evee up in the ice mountains will get Glaceon, and the forest below it will give you Leafeon, etc.

Or you know, new areas >_>

I don't understand why people over-complicate this.

Or just trade them from your dppt since they are sinnoh pokemon.
I don't see why everyone is so convinced that we are going to be able to evolve these pokemon without trading. I'd bet that glaceon and leafeon are left out of the regional dex along with magnezone and probopass as well as nosepass.
I'm willing to bet that any new areas that trigger eveolution will trigger new evolutions.

Back
Top Bottom