• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

How would you buff/change a existing Galarian Pokémon?

Intelleon with Substitute and Camouflage would pull a nice spy with U-turn.
Vacum Wave, Acid Spray and Sludge Bomb too....

Also bring back Assist and it to all
Intelleon, Rillaboom, Cinderace for support in battle.

Rillaboom needs it for sure bc Infernape got it... I..
(Would give it to Chenaught, all gen 7 starters cause Sentret got it and birds should too get it)

Hmm Mimic for Inteleon and Rillaboom would be cool actually.

Mimic for Stunfisk

Last edited:
Another Mon that came to mind is Cramorant. Sure, it's bit of a gimmick Mon, what with its Gulp Missile thing, but its movepool is rather meh-ish, even for a gimmick Mon.

For starters, I say we buff its Defense to at least 70, as that 55 Defense isn't going to help it anytime soon. I mean, almost all of its stats are around the 80 mark (except HP at 70 and the aforementioned Defense), so why not give the goof bird a bit extra bulk. Maybe even boost its HP a bit more, too, like to 75-80, but at least boosting its Defense will allow the bird to take a physical hit.

Next up, I say we give it a few new moves like Muddy Water (which, as it's technically a pseudo-Surf, could trigger Gulp Missile). Another move would be Work Up to boost its middling attacking stats a bit, giving it a bit more bite to its bill. Drill Run is another idea, since it does learn Drill Peck, which is a similar concept, and it can help it fight off Rock, Steel and especially Electric-types. And since it has Uproar and Round, why not thrown in Echoed Voice and Hyper Voice to complete the "set", so to speak. Nasty Plot is another idea, since it could give Surf (and any other Special moves) a massive boost, though given its birdbrain "nature" it might not work from a lore perspective. And maybe, even if it doesn't add a whole lot, give it Wing Attack via Level Up for another halfway decent Flying-type move, as it does learn Steel Wing, so the concept is already there.

Those are just some of my ideas.

After using Grapploct in Sword, I feel like it needs a few buffs. First off, I would add the Water type to it, making it dual Fighting/Water. Pure Fighting seems really "unfinished" on Grapploct and I feel like there isn't a good reason why it isn't also Water type. Second, I would expand its movepool as it is currently woefully shallow. I'd add Thunder Punch, Fire Punch, Poison Jab, Gunk Shot, Bullet Punch, Mach Punch, Low Sweep, Cross Chop, Rock Tomb, Rock Slide, Throat Chop, and Power Whip to its movepool to help expand it. Third, I would add either Iron Fist, Suction Cups, or Contrary as a second ability.

Would give Stonejourner Bouletproof, Prankster, Cursed Body or Perish Body as secondary and hidden abilities for the so called Stonehange effect. Move wise its ok, but would add Spirit Break for fairy coverage, Astonish or Shadow Punch for ghost type coverage

Graploct would need Water Absorb or Dry Skin ability seriously... Mach Punch, Aqua jet?

Thievul is a very interesting pokemon?
-low sweep
-Sky-uppercut
-Smack down
-Iron tail???

If the ability Run Away would at least work a littyle like Extream Exit but when a pokemon is trapped it auto-switches back to the user(or addition to Wimp out)....or excaping traps like ghosts...

Last edited:
View attachment 131594 How would this thing survive a bullet? It's durability is no more than a real world dog and I doubt any real world dogs would survive bullets.

Have a better one.
What about the Regenerator ability?
Interesting what other Galarian pokemon could get that too actually?
Polteageist?Alcremie?Frostmoth?Copperjah?

Eldegoss got it but too many grass pokes got it... what a shame that pokemon cant use two abilities at once in battle...

Orbettle- a bug/psychic pokemon...

throat chop, rock slide, smack down, twister, Vacuum Wave, Sonicboom, Gyro ball, Stealth rock, Magnet rise , Sky Drop, Powder??? Heart stamp, Atract, Endeavor?

would allow it to learn Telekinesis and that signature move of Alakazam line but after both got buff with additonal effects...

Lame that Orbettle didnt get Illusaion instead of Frisk... would be much better then.

Falinks with substitute, camoflage and spiky shield or kings shield? Taking its motive?

Last edited:
Sirfetch'd could use some love. He's just way too slow, is the real problem (as it is with everyone with speed values between 40 and 75). However speed being what it is, setting aside the "solution" of just making all slow pokemon faster, there are other ways to buff Pokemon which are too fast for Trick Room, but too slow to outspeed anyone of note. In particular, Sirfetch'd has two main issues:
1. His best moves, the ones that play off the crit theme, are not STAB
2. His abilities are not great.

Fixing one or the other would go a long way. Fixing both would likely make him competitively viable
1. I'd give him Cross Chop, and access to 1 or 2 other high crit ratio coverage moves
2. I'd give him either something that strongly plays off his Crit theme, like Sniper, or something which helps ensure he survives long enough to land a hit, like Battle Armor. Likely both as ability slots 1 and 2, with Super Luck as a hidden ability.

Sirfetch'd could use some love. He's just way too slow, is the real problem (as it is with everyone with speed values between 40 and 75). However speed being what it is, setting aside the "solution" of just making all slow pokemon faster, there are other ways to buff Pokemon which are too fast for Trick Room, but too slow to outspeed anyone of note. In particular, Sirfetch'd has two main issues:
1. His best moves, the ones that play off the crit theme, are not STAB
2. His abilities are not great.

Fixing one or the other would go a long way. Fixing both would likely make him competitively viable
1. I'd give him Cross Chop, and access to 1 or 2 other high crit ratio coverage moves
2. I'd give him either something that strongly plays off his Crit theme, like Sniper, or something which helps ensure he survives long enough to land a hit, like Battle Armor. Likely both as ability slots 1 and 2, with Super Luck as a hidden ability.

First impresion? Me worries that subsitute Falinks isnt a thing. Also 6 soldiers screams for a new ability.

- subtract 20 from flapple's defense and add it to speed. 80 defense is pretty weird for a more offensively-based version of appletun, so i'd say base 90 speed fits pretty nicely. plus, it's in a much more comfortable position to outspeed things with dragon dance

- take 10 from galarian rapidash's special attack and add it to attack. subtract 10 from its special defense and add it to speed. i think that would make it better than what it currently is, at least.

- frosmoth for the love of all that is good needs to have more speed. @__@ subtract 25 from special defense and add it to speed. base 90 isn't amazing for it but it'd be in a WAY better position to quiver dance than it is now. also give it a more offensive-based ability idk.

pretty much all i can come up with for now.

I mentioned this in another thread, so I'll just copy/paste it here.

Theivul: This Mon needs help, badly. For starters, buff its Attack so it can actually use its Physical movepool better, since it has a bevy of powerful physical moves. Also, give it more Special moves, as it has pitiful coverage despite Special Attack being its actual attacking stat. And let it learn Dark Pulse naturally. Next, get rid of Run Away (which made more sense as a Nickit but not as a Theivul) and give it something like Competitive or Adaptability, which would help make its move hit harder, especially when things like Sticky Web is out.

Hunger Switch changes Morpeko from Full Belly Mode to Hangry mode every two turns instead of changing every other turn. In Hangry mode, it must consume any food item in your bag within two turns otherwise it will faint. If you don't feed it any, it will automatically eat a random item in your bag (thereby causing it to change mode) before it attacks.

Instead of affecting Aura Wheel's move type only, the change in mode will change Morpeko's type altogether such that it switches from Electric to Electric/Dark. Aura Wheel will always follow the Pokemon's typing so if Morpeko's in Hangry mode, the move will be an Electric and Dark type move.

If another pokemon uses Aura Wheel i.e. through Metronome, the move's typing will be the Pokemon's typing.

switching from electric/dark to electric/ghost would be much better taking the immunity to fighting and normal...
or electric/normal for ghosts...
the eating berries to change forms would be more interesting, you could steal other berries and other stuff...

Cramorant and Gulp missile :

- make user immune to moves that activate Gulp missile used from the target too

- more moves that activate gulp missile and 3 more forms for gorging
and effects like causing poisoning, cursed body, rough skin with different pokemon

- moves like whirlpool, waterfall, brine, brine muddy water, sludge wave , venoshock, venom drench, should also activate
(could see it even catch something in a Avalanche)

-pokemon with Bulletproof ability should be immune to the effect of this ability taking its missile in its name, magic guard is....

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom