• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

How would you deal with a loss in a REAL Pokemon battle?

How would you deal with a loss?

• Suck it up and keep training

Votes: 59 57.3%
  • Complain about it because its not fair

Votes: 11 10.7%
  • Shake hands, hold your head up and learn from it

Votes: 47 45.6%
  • Say nothing and just walk off the field

Votes: 19 18.4%
  • Blame your Pokemon and give them the "Paul" treatment

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • Never battle again

Votes: 4 3.9%
  • Can't decide

Votes: 6 5.8%
  • Demand a rematch

Votes: 21 20.4%

• Total voters
I would try to go to long processes of training before I'm ready for a rematch and overpower them.

I'm really competitive, but I'm sure I'd be more furious about my Pokemon being hurt. Win or lose, I'd be yelling at the other Trainer for hurting my Pokemon, even if it is just a routine battle.

And I'd never blame my Pokemon. They weren't trying to lose.

As long as it was a fair, even match that wasn't decided by luck or deus ex machina I'd take it well and learn from it. The loss happened for a reason and the better trainer won that day it is my fault for mispredicting and getting careless.

Blaming the pokemon for the commander's incompetence is never an option imo.

It's been decided that this will do better in Pokémon World, as it isn't particularly anime related.

I'd accept the loss and move on, just like I do in real life when I lose a baseball game or something similar. I'd never blame the pokemon, only myself. Because if the pokemon lost it would be because I didn't trait it to be the best it can be. No reason to get pissed about the situation when its your own fault lol I always got pissed at Ash when he did that. Made him seem like a little kid that refused to accept reality for what it was.

Eh, I'd treat it like how I would in real life. Say "Aww man..." then congradulate the enemy, then maybe laugh. If there was a certain weakness in the battle on my part, I'd beat my self up a bit inside. I'm that kind of person.

Probably just sigh, pet my pokemon, tell them: "You did your best", return them, and then walk away. I would then train to fight another day.

I would learn from my mistakes and move on. Of course, the loss would hit me hard, but I'd just suck it up and hone my weaker area, like I do in real life. I'd then congratulate them, and probably rematch them a week later. :p

Deppends on the battle itself. If I was asked to battle while I was doing something, I'd just quickly go to heal my Pokemon and go back to whatever I was doing.

Otherwise, if I was in perfect condition to battle I'd ask for a rematch over and over again until I win.

Thing is, it wouldn't be losing itself what would get me angry, it would be being left with my pokemon badly injured and interrupted in say, going to the next town. If you heal them after battling then no problem.

It mostly depends on the type of battle. If it's a fun battle with a friend, then I wouldn't think much of it. If I was in a tournament though, I'd try and learn from my mistakes.

Ah,i have lost hundreds of times in competitive battling.I just exchange ggs and start searching for another battle over po.A loss isn't the end of life,you know..

Ragequit, gun to head

In all seriousness, accept that I lost because the other person is better, then spend the next six days thinking of better tactics.

I'll admit defeat, shake hands make it look like it's all good, while in reality, I'll be seething with anger and will probably verbally abuse my Pokemon for not doing enough.
Then we'll train hard, work on new strategies, etc.

I've been shown to be a very sore loser in real life, but I also don't show too much emotion or pain.

So I imagine I would just walk off the field and feel butthurt. I wouldn't yell at my Pokemon, unless they did something like disobey me. I don't think a Pokemon like Ashes Charizard would have lasted on my team because I would have given up on it. But I wouldn't get mad at the Pokemon if I felt it was trying.

But I would probably give up if it was a major competition. I don't handle the rejection too well. But I wouldn't give up my Pokemon, just battling.

Depends on how I lost

Close battle? Could have gone either way?- Oh well try again next time.

Did I take down some of their team but in the end they were just better?- Figure out what I did wrong and try harder.

Total shutdown of my team?- Cry and sulk a bit. But get over it.

Altough 'Paul tretment' sounds funny,I would never do it if it were real creatures. If someone who I respect beat me,I would congratulate the winner as I do with other things,but if it wasn't...(initialize vicious mode) I would first let out a DBZ kind of scream,then rip the guy's Pokemon with my bare hands and end up having my Psychic Pokemon perform lobotomy on that guy.

I would pay who ever beat me and shake hands, then I would just keep on training until I am stronger.

The winner would be my rival, until I could overcome that who managed beat me.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom