• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

How would you feel if Goh Fully Evolved all 3 of his Starters?

Are you okay with Goh having Cinderace, Inteleon, AND Rillaboom?

• I'm cool with it! A nice change of pace from the norm!

Votes: 15 21.4%
  • No way! Goh has done nothing to deserve 3 Fully evolved Starters!

Votes: 27 38.6%
  • I'm completely indifferent to be honest.

Votes: 28 40.0%

• Total voters
I'm not the writer of this show, so why are you telling me this? Regardless if whether it's bad writing or not, it has nothing to do with my point about it's Sobble's personal accomplishment, not something Gou accomplished.
?
Just because you are not the writer (and I'm not either and I assume no one that's reading this is too, as far as I know), that doesn't means we cannot discuss it.

And it actually ties in with your point, actually. Because the way that Goh's goal is structured, even if he doesn't raises a finger to help one of his Pokémon to go through an evolution, he still wins at the end of the day even by not doing anything: He gets a new dex entry, one more species crossed out from the list, a (apparently, may I add) powerful, new Pokémon for his collection.

Goh's goal has this bizzare ''passive income'' aspect of it that is so weird because his Pokémon evolve and he profits out of it without even doing anything. And this is not the first time: All three Wurmples evolved through all stages without his help, as 4 Flabebés and his Pikachu too. The fact that a protagonist gets to progress on their goal without even doing anything and is consistently winning without even trying (or in Drizille's and Pikachu's cases: without even realizing!) seems like a clear example of bad writting to me, personally.

Just because you are not the writer (and I'm not either and I assume no one that's reading this is too, as far as I know), that doesn't means we cannot discuss it.
People can discuss how much they hate Gou and his goals. It wasn't a discussion I care until people reply to my post and accuse me of using semantics out of nowhere.

People can discuss how much they hate Gou and his goals. It wasn't a discussion I care until people reply to my post and accuse me of using semantics out of nowhere.
People have been telling you exactly why it’s semantics. Simply because you don’t agree with it doesn’t invalidate the answer. The prospect of him evolving his Pokémon is nothing more than a turn of a phrase for the Pokémon under his ownership evolving that you are taking too literally.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom