• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

How would you feel if Goh Fully Evolved all 3 of his Starters?

Are you okay with Goh having Cinderace, Inteleon, AND Rillaboom?

• I'm cool with it! A nice change of pace from the norm!

Votes: 15 21.4%
  • No way! Goh has done nothing to deserve 3 Fully evolved Starters!

Votes: 27 38.6%
  • I'm completely indifferent to be honest.

Votes: 28 40.0%

• Total voters
Pikachu Snorlax and Drednaw did not GMax due to Eternatus.
Never did I say it was all of them, I said the vast majority. Pikachu did Gigantamax in an official battle once, and its first ever Gigantamax involved a battle too.
In fact, Goh himself just debuted White Flower Floette.
How is that relevant here? It’s just a regular Pokémon...

Somewhat related but do you guys think Gou will showcase all the Starters G-Max forms?

Yes and no. Everything depends the route they will go for. Cinderace is a yes, since its Gohs starter. However, with Drednaws Gmax already being revealed, i can see her showcasing Gmax Inteleon instead.
For Gmax Rillaboom, all depends if Gohs goes fully. If not, they need to find another trainer to showcase gmax Rillaboom.

Never did I say it was all of them, I said the vast majority. Pikachu did Gigantamax in an official battle once, and its first ever Gigantamax involved a battle too.

How is that relevant here? It’s just a regular Pokémon...
“Vast majority”? It’s like, what, 2 more? (I also forgot Garbodor which was a Dynamax battle that Goh was actually a participant in anyway). These have only been serious battles twice. The rest of the debuts have all been scenarios that are still well within Goh’s limited battling capabilities.

It’s relevant because it’s still a debut that was done via Goh and it was an evolution. It isn’t like not being a serious battler has stopped him from debuting Pokémon that often debut via battle before. And while there is precedent for Pokémon to evolve outside of battle, the same is true for G-Max.

Yes and no. Everything depends the route they will go for. Cinderace is a yes, since its Gohs starter. However, with Drednaws Gmax already being revealed, i can see her showcasing Gmax Inteleon instead.
For Gmax Rillaboom, all depends if Gohs goes fully. If not, they need to find another trainer to showcase gmax Rillaboom.
What does Drednaw's G-Max have to do with anything?

Nessa can show G-Max Inteleon instead.
Doesn't seem like Nessa is showing up anytime soon tho.
And Goh's Drizzile is more than likely evolving once Summer rolls around.

If anyone other than Goh is showcasing G-Max Inteleon, I think Jacqueline as a better chance of reappearing to do that instead of the redundancy of bringing in a third trainer with an Inteleon

Last edited:
On one hand, it wouldn't be as bad as the other starters evolving for the heck of it...but the other, it would feel even more underserved and unsatisfying than usual...

Especially if Grookey evolves so Goh can get a Hisui starter :sick: (and heck, Ash has those!)

I think thread's question kinda miss the point here. Gou didn't evolve Sobble, it was Sobble's personal goal to be evolved.

At this point I won’t be surprised if Go has a dream about his non-existent younger sibling growing taller than him in height in the Rillaboom family and he wakes up with a Thwackey.
Gou and Rillaboom in the same bed will always look awkward.

Given the writers' lack of inspiration.....

I can see them reusing that scenario for the green gremlin's episodes.

Where they got this idea of Gou having such a weird dream?

Where they got this idea of Gou having such a weird dream?
Writer 1: How do we make Go's progression faster? Have him spend more episodes working towards his goal!
Writer 2: Silly, he gets closer to his goal almost every episode!
Writer 1: Well, what’s the biggest obstacle other than the episode count?
Writer 3, chiming in: Go has to be awake to capture Pokémon! What if he got Pokémon while he was asleep?

The writing team in unison: GIVE THIS (WO)MAN A RAISE

Writer 1: How do we make Go's progression faster? Have him spend more episodes working towards his goal!
Writer 2: Silly, he gets closer to his goal almost every episode!
Writer 1: Well, what’s the biggest obstacle other than the episode count?
Writer 3, chiming in: Go has to be awake to capture Pokémon! What if he got Pokémon while he was asleep?

The writing team in unison: GIVE THIS (WO)MAN A RAISE
Honestly, I swear to God it honestly feels like the writers don't even communicate to this level. It feels more like a school group writing project where you hand off the narrative like a baton in a marathon race instead of an actual production behind a kids show.

Honestly, I swear to God it honestly feels like the writers don't even communicate to this level. It feels more like a school group writing project where you hand off the narrative like a baton in a marathon race instead of an actual production behind a kids show.
So that could explain the disjointed mess that Journeys is.

I used to think that they were making it episodic on purpose.

At that point you’re arguing semantics. Sobble belongs to Go and has fully evolved. The reason for the evolution doesn’t change that it happened.
No one is arguing it didn't happen though? I was just pointing out that Sobble's evolution is not one of Gou's accomplishments and something personal for Sobble.

I was just pointing out that Sobble's evolution is not one of Gou's accomplishments and something personal for Sobble.
It might not technically be Goh's merit, but he still wins at the end because there's a new dex entry and a new, fully evolved Pokémon under his belt.

He wins without even doing anything.

It might not technically be Goh's merit, but he still wins at the end because there's a new dex entry and a new, fully evolved Pokémon under his belt.

He wins without even doing anything.
So what?

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom