• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

How would you fix Unown (No this isn't a joke thread)

fairy typing? Or really a ability that would be associated to psychic powers, like forcing your oponent to use all moves one after another without repreating for 4 turns , or something to block moves of your oponents type or something like that.

like forcing your oponent to use all moves one after another without repreating for 4 turns

It would be useless-
1. In the case of an offensive Pokemon, one of the moves will be bound to damage unown, and will more likely than now be a super effective move. And it may even help the Pokemon set up if it has Nasty Plot/Swords Dance/Calm Mind.

2. In case of Stall/Defensive Pokemon, you're still helping it set up any hazards, and since they also know protect, they'll also be protected for 1 turn,

And Offensive/Defensive/Stall Pokemon also know moves inflicting status conditions, so your unown could end up being statused.

Seriously, the only advantage of this ability is that it will tell you the opponents moveset, which most of us are able to guess. It will only help against eccentric players... (I once used a Greninja with attract against an all-female team, a move which no one would've guessed)

Seriously, the only advantage of this ability is that it will tell you the opponents moveset, which most of us are able to guess. It will only help against eccentric players... (I once used a Greninja with attract against an all-female team, a move which no one would've guessed)

what if it would work even if the pokemon is out of hp. That would also allow you to predict the order of the moves, because I think it should also force the traget to use the same order of moves till it fainst in battle or till the battle ends.
This way moves like Shel Trap and type immunities and abilities could be better used against it.

Maybe you are right with the eccentric players, but If the pokemon with this ability would exist then people would get mad if they would not be abble to use their respective strategy. Imagine if it could by contact do so and if you would switch it out and do it to more of oponents pokemon during battle?

I think the Pokemon in question would just switch out and send a dark Type with a dark move on the first slot to OHKO unown, and get onto the battle as usual, you really just need a move strong against psychic types to kill unown, even if this ability exists.

I can see unown being a Stall Pokemon max. with this ability.
But it will be a bad Stall, heavily outclassed by Toxapex in the role.

I think the Pokemon in question would just switch out and send a dark Type with a dark move on the first slot to OHKO unown, and get onto the battle as usual, you really just need a move strong against psychic types to kill unown, even if this ability exists.

I can see unown being a Stall Pokemon max. with this ability.
But it will be a bad Stall, heavily outclassed by Toxapex in the role.
then what? Aftermath? what would you do with it?

If it would have a shield based move like Toxapex but one that could drain hp when hit with physicall attacks then maybe...

Last edited:
Just put it in the Amorphous egg group so that it can gain IVs via breeding so that we can have different types of Hidden Powers. Nuff said.

I'd add a few different moves, all of them following the current theme of the species as we know them. Basically, Unown's moveset would look like this:
  • Hidden Power
  • Wish
  • Cosmic Power
  • An attack based on the first letter of a move name matching the Unown, all based on the move's English name

Sounds like it fits Unown's theme quite nicely based on what they currently represent.

This may have already been suggested, but having all of the Unown collected and then some sort of stone, or Psychic power bring them together into one Pokemon.

This would be Unown's ultimate form giving it an interesting signature move that draws in power from the realms of time and space.

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom