• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

How would you improve certain pokeballs?

Morningstar

Memeber
Reaction score
How you would improve variants of the pokeball like the Repeat ball or the Timer Ball?

Uh... I don't see how the Timer or Repeat could be improved, besides giving them a higher catch rate... however, I would make the Moon Ball have a boost on all Pokemon that can evolve via any stone, but an extra boost on Moon Stone 'mons. Not sure what I'd call it, though.

I don't really see any Balls needing improvements. Each has their own specialized purpose. If one doesn't work for you, use another.

Fast Ball: 3.5x effective if wild pokemon is faster than your current pokemon. The amount of wild pokemon you can encounter with 100 base speed or higher is too small.
Lure Ball: 4x effective on hooked pokemon. 3x isn't high enough it is too easily outclassed by the net and dive balls.
Moon Ball: 8x effective on moon stone evolvers. Moon stone is this ball's thing it should be better at its own gimmick than it is now.
Love Ball: 4x effective on wild pokemon of opposite gender and in same egg group(s) as current pokemon. Needing to have the species match isn't very practical for catching new pokemon and it's use in breeding would be more limited currently.
Heal Ball: Pokemon caught in it recover 15% of their health, restore 1pp to a random move and remove status after each battle they participated in. Make it worth catching something in it.

I;d think I make the Repeat Ball work by having a catch rate based on the amount of the Pokemon you already have. 1-2x the amount of pokemon of the same species/family you already caught (up to a maximum of 255)

I'd think I would also Tweak the Moon Ball to have a higher catch rate at night and the Heal Ball have a catch rate depend on the targets heath.

I'd have the Premier Ball have a 3x catch rate for special encounters. This includes Pokémon found in the overworld, legends, and Shiny encounters.

I'd have the Premier Ball have a 3x catch rate for special encounters. This includes Pokémon found in the overworld, legends, and Shiny encounters.

Found in the overworld = DexNav? Or what?

I'd just re-add Stickers. Loved them back in DPPt :D

Moon Ball would be changed to Stone Ball and has a higher catch rate on Pokemon that evolve with any stone.

Fast Ball has the same effect it does now along with a higher catch rate if the Pokemon has raised its speed during the battle.

Premier Ball...not sure what I'd do to change it, but it definitely should be something other than a white Pokeball. Maybe having a higher catch rate if the opponent is at a higher level.

Found in the overworld = DexNav? Or what?

I meant scripted encounters like Interactable Pokémon. DexNav can be done at any time, and the Premier Ball "was made as a commemorative item used to celebrate an event of some sort." I guess it could be made to work with the DexNav if the Potential has three stars though.

Last edited:
I'd like it of they changed the quick ball to degrade over a couple of turns like an inverse timer ball.

Love Ball: 4x effective on wild pokemon of opposite gender and in same egg group(s) as current pokemon. Needing to have the species match isn't very practical for catching new pokemon and it's use in breeding would be more limited currently.
Heal Ball: Pokemon caught in it recover 15% of their health, restore 1pp to a random move and remove status after each battle they participated in. Make it worth catching something in it.
I'm liking these here, but regarding the Heal Ball it could probably go for, in addition, a healing after x number of steps thing. Maybe every 64 steps, it heals the pokemon inside by 1/16th of its maximum health, and a random move regains 20% (rounded down) of its max PP?

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom