• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

How would you improve/nerf this Pokemon?

Major stat buff. Wonder Guard is honestly overhyped as a protective ability. Five whole types of attacks can take it down before it does anything.

Give it +70 Speed, +10 Attack, +40 Special Attack, more or less. While it doesn't seem to matter, go ahead and drop its defenses down to 1 where HP is.

Ninjask?

I can't really think of much that would make sense for Ninjask, aside from giving it Taunt to kinda-sorta help it as a Baton Passer (this way, it would have something over Scolipede).

Vikavolt.

Make Water Veil one of its possible regular abilities, boost Attack, Speed, and HP by 5 each.

Tauros

Give it +20 attack, because 100 base stopped cutting it long ago. I'd also say "give it better moves that benefit from Sheer Force", but there aren't really any it doesn't have that would make sense for it, especially since it now gets Body Slam from the Gen 1 Virtual Console games (and Sheer Force happens to be its Hidden Ability).

Malamar.

Give it Bounce naturally. That way Gyarados will have an actual Flying-type STAB move to use without the need of tutors or breeding. Also, give it access to Tackle earlier so it's not dead weight fresh out of the gate.

Noivern

I dunno how Noivern can't learn Fire Blast when it can learn Flamethrower just fine, so there's an easy fix. I'd also be interested in seeing its near-useless Frisk being replaced with an Ability like Berserk, which would make sense for Noivern given its violent disposition.

Speaking of Berserk, Drampa.

I'm gonna do the unthinkable and actually buff this guy because there is one thing about Landorus-T that I think he needs. Give him a good Flying type move which can be freely spammed; Fly and Supersonic Skystrike are not things I'd like to have for his only Flying STAB options.

Scizor.

Some sort of physical Rock type move that works with Tough Claws would be ideal since it lacks an affected Rock STAB. There's Accelerock, Rollout, and Head Smash; I think the latter suits this Pokémon best but the huge recoil and somewhat questionable accuracy wouldn't mesh well with Shell Smash, I feel. Some entirely new Rock move could even be made and given to Barbaracle amongst others for that purpose.

Serperior.

Give it a wider movepool and +15 Special Attack, so it doesn't have to rely on Contrary to do damage.

Slaking?

Replace the utterly worthless Light Metal with something like Download or Analytic - some useful Ability that fits in with its calculative nature.
(For context on how worthless Light Metal actually is, Metagross is so frickin' heavy that Low Kick still hits it for the maximum 120 power, even at half weight!)

Heliolisk.

Remove the normal typing. All it does is give it an unnecessary weakness to fighting.

Miltank

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom