• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

How would you incorporate Amiibo support into a main series game?

TheFatPanda

Reaction score
My idea: a spiritual successor to Diamond and Pearls duel-slot feature. Registering a certain Amiibo will make certain wild Pokemon start appearing in certain areas.

Or maybe a variation on the Friend Safari, where each Amiibo is assigned a type with a different three-Pokemon selection.

Do you guys have any ideas?

Well, I would like to see both a Male and Female Pokemon Trainer Amiibo. Of both genders, of course, being a completely different outfit from the two stock trainers. Also, I would like these Amiibo trainers to Level Up.

The way I would like these trainer Amiibos to level up would be similar to how gym badges give you access to different items at the Poke Mart. There would be an exclusive Amiibo shop available from the third or so gym onward. Every so many levels, you would gain access to buy new and powerful items, or the ability to cash in your experience (and thus lose some levels) for rare Pokemon, similar to how we used to be able to trade coins in for Pokemon at the Game Corners.

I don't know how else I would go about implementing it, but it would be cool to see SOMETHING from your Amiibos progress in one game able to transfer over to another. Perhaps maybe your Battle Points and Money?

To be honest, I wouldn't. I've never been a fan of amiibo.

That said, however, because of the large number of Pokemon, I could see them doing something similar to the new animal crossing amiibo cards, have a card for each Pokemon. I'm not sure what it would do for you though. Maybe give you one, maybe allow one to be caught, maybe just register in the pokedex. Idk. So far, to me, it seems that they haven't done anything right with the amiibo, and so I would have no real hope on what they would do for Pokemon.

Maybe they can give you event Pokémon (or even normal legendaries) with a limit like 3 per save?

To be honest, I wouldn't. I've never been a fan of amiibo.

That said, however, because of the large number of Pokemon, I could see them doing something similar to the new animal crossing amiibo cards, have a card for each Pokemon. I'm not sure what it would do for you though. Maybe give you one, maybe allow one to be caught, maybe just register in the pokedex. Idk. So far, to me, it seems that they haven't done anything right with the amiibo, and so I would have no real hope on what they would do for Pokemon.

I couldn't agree more. As far as I know, there have been no features that are interesting or beneficial involving Amiibo. I think it is just a way to sell collectors items. Even for Pokemon I can't come up with something useful. Maybe they can make an Amiibo-keystone, which triggers Mega Evolution when it connects with the bottom screen?

They could just replace the Opowers with that. Have a trainer be a specific O-power.

I want all amiibo to work on the next pokemon game and they give the outfit or cloths of the amiibo.
To walk around in Marths cloths or Mario would be epic.

There could be rare Pokemon available through Amiibo, like Mew and Mewtwo. There could also be different Trainers, to change the appearance of your character. Amiibo is more fun than DLC, and easier to get your hands on since they don't expire, though it is a bit expensive.

There could be rare Pokemon available through Amiibo, like Mew and Mewtwo. There could also be different Trainers, to change the appearance of your character. Amiibo is more fun than DLC, and easier to get your hands on since they don't expire, though it is a bit expensive.

Pffft. The only thing I ever hear about Amiibos is how difficult it is to find them, thanks to disproportionate stock-and-demand. The very last thing we need is for all the event-exclusives to be stuck into Amiibos, which end up in the hands of losers who will sell them $200 a pop on the 'net. A bit expensive indeed!

I would be fine if Amiibo just stays unimplemented. I really would be annoyed if things like events or customizations that should either be free or within the bounds of 1-5 dollars all end up in hard-to-find, $10+ toys (at minimum, without the internet scalpers involved).

Have the Pokemon Amiibos unlock a Friend Safari type area where you can catch that Pokemon and/or its evolved/pre-evolved forms with good IVs and/or non-level-up moves and/or their Hidden Abilities. For non-Pokemon Amiibos, the Pokemon they give access to would be random.

Pffft. The only thing I ever hear about Amiibos is how difficult it is to find them, thanks to disproportionate stock-and-demand. The very last thing we need is for all the event-exclusives to be stuck into Amiibos, which end up in the hands of losers who will sell them $200 a pop on the 'net. A bit expensive indeed!

I would be fine if Amiibo just stays unimplemented. I really would be annoyed if things like events or customizations that should either be free or within the bounds of 1-5 dollars all end up in hard-to-find, $10+ toys (at minimum, without the internet scalpers involved).

And some DLC isn't hard to find? I don't know how many events I have missed just because the DLC is not availble for my version of the game or the specific location I am in.

It doesn't mean Amiibo would replace DLC though . . . It could be an alternative.

I don't think amiibo should replace events, as that would be unfair on those who don't want to buy amiibo...but maybe having amiibo unlock Pokemon that the amiibo feature? For example, if you scan a Charizard amiibo in your 3DS file, you get a special amiibo OT Charizard. To make it more worth it, the Pokemon could have their hidden abilities or possibly be carrying their mega stones. Someone above pointed out that it could be only done once per amiibo per save file which I think would be a fair restriction. If players want to obtain more Pokemon this way, they have to pay for more amiibo, or reset their game, which is the player's own initiative.

Or you could scan one amiibo once a day to get a random item each time. Hyrule Warriors for Wii U does this and it's pretty subtle but neat feature. Getting level 3 weapons from that is always a nice surprise. Being able to get free rare items/poke balls would be nice, but nothing that would really break the game open for amiibo users.

i think the clothing option could work (Dress up as shulk!), and I feel we will see Amiibo support in at least one Pokemon game before gen 7. Perhaps in Pokken Tournament, or Super Mystery dungeon.

Random mini game like the Dodrio picking in gen 3.

I think that the safari idea that people are proposing makes the most sense. Each amiibo contact opens the safari for another day (or something). If it's a pokemon, then the safari is populated with that pokemon (maybe it's whole line?), if it's another, then it's populated by some subset of standard pokemon with held items specific to each amiibo. Pokemon, regardless of amiibo, are more likely to have their hidden ability and maybe to be shiny?

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom