• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

How would you like the climactic arc of Pokémon 2019/Journeys to go?

Eclipsical

NEXT TIME... A NEW BEGINNING!
Reaction score
What should the big climax arc of the show be, the Team Galactic/Team Flare/Lusamine/Necrozma, if you will.

I’m hoping these elements/plot points/characters are included:
  • Chairman Rose.
  • Giovanni.
  • Oleana.
  • Matori.
  • The Matori Matrix.
  • Team Rocket.
  • Jessie and James.
  • The Darkest Day.
  • Zacian, Zamazenta, and Eternatus.
  • Mew.
My plot would start of with the same base as SWSH: Chairman Rose wants to bring about the Darkest Day via the powers of Eternatus to accumulate massive amounts of energy so that Galar’s upcoming energy crisis will be resolved before it relatively even starts. The twist in events is that when Chairman Rose realizes he doesn’t have the resources or power required to do his plan, he strikes a deal with Giovanni that will allow him to use their resources. This will allow Team Rocket to infiltrate Chairman Rose’s operation and the Galar Region. Sometime prior to this Mew will have been captured by Team Rocket and have it’s powers harnessed by a machine so that they can take on the powers of Eternatus in battle and capture it. Chairman Rose and Oleana will be defeated and become reluctant allies and as a lesser of two evils when it’s revealed to the main cast that Giovanni and Team Rocket were manipulating everything behind the scenes so that Giovanni could capture Eternatus and create an army of Dynamax Pokémon. The more powerful trainers like the rest of the Master 8 could easily be preoccupied fighting of Dynamax Pokémon so it will be down to Ash and his group of heroes to deal with Giovanni and his main henchmen. Jessie and James will be encountered trying to stop them from reaching Giovanni, despite being terrified themselves. They will eventually be convinced that this was far too dangerous and Giovanni will never be able to control all of these Dynamax titans. The trip the MC and Hop go through where they obtain the Sword and Shield will happen prior and Zacian and Zamazenta will join Ash and Go before the eventual fight with Giovanni. Giovanni will fight with his normal Pokémon but when he’s put on his last legs, he will unleash Eternatus and Mew upon them. Ash manages to seemingly defeat Eternatus and Go manages to save Mew. Giovanni is defeated but like in the games, Eternatus is not beaten and becomes Eternamax Eternatus, and the final big battle is a raid battle with all the main characters. In the chaos of the huge raid battle, Jessie and James manage to sneak Giovanni away since without Giovanni, Team Rocket would probably be much different in following series, unless they do something more like HGSS.

What I really want to see is the chaos and anarchy that the Darkest Day brings. What kind of destruction can Dynamax Pokémon bring if not contained in the stadiums where the proper protections are in place? I would imagine the terrifying red sky made from Dynamax energy, civilians fighting off Team Rocket, buildings being destroyed, etc.

A bit like Galar's Darkest Hour but without the blood. Anime does have characters sacrificing themselves. The Champion looked like he had died. Satoshi and Go are partnered with Zacian and Zamazenta. Hop should still be involved.

Team Rocket get scared by Eternatus and use their gatcha machine. But they get defeated.

The two wolves defeat Eternatus after a fierce fight. After the Eternatus is defeated, Leon is revealed to be alive. He and Satoshi have their final battle.

As for Mew and Goh, I can see the latter rescuing the former from some villain plan and getting to know the Pokemon. After defeating the villain, I can see it going two ways.

1. Goh, after thinking about it, decides not to catch Mew.
2. Goh does catch Mew but then releases it like 5 seconds later.

Either way, he does it because he realizes Mew should be out in the wild and free. He wanted to catch to get to see it up close and personal and he already has. Basically, an "it's not the destination, it's the journey" message, especially when he would contemplate all the friends and adventures he made along the way. Yeah, it's cheesy but it would fit.

As for Mew and Goh, I can see the latter rescuing the former from some villain plan and getting to know the Pokemon. After defeating the villain, I can see it going two ways.

1. Goh, after thinking about it, decides not to catch Mew.
2. Goh does catch Mew but then releases it like 5 seconds later.

Either way, he does it because he realizes Mew should be out in the wild and free. He wanted to catch to get to see it up close and personal and he already has. Basically, an "it's not the destination, it's the journey" message, especially when he would contemplate all the friends and adventures he made along the way. Yeah, it's cheesy but it would fit.

Yeah, the most likely ending for Go is “it’s the friends we made along the way!”, which is a lesson I don’t think he even needs to learn considering he feeds, bathes, brushes, and plays with all of them already.

It would be nice if he let it go to inspire other trainers to go on journeys to search for it. In the end Go is going to go from someone with only 1 friend, to around 200-300 friends.

I like the idea here but I’m just a bit iffy about Team Rocket and Giovanni being seemingly everywhere and in the other teams' villain plots,

True, but the fact they’re setting up the Matori Matrix still, reintroducing Giovanni’s goal of world domination and such, along with having Ash’s homebase in Kanto, makes me think that there will be some sort of Team Rocket story arc eventually.

What I'd like the most for the inevitable Eternatus arc is that they give Rose decent screentime as well as tangible motivations. It would also be cool if they went with the idea that Oleana is behind it all, as long as she also fits those 2 requirements.

I'd like to see something with the Regis, maybe an old villain (J?) reappears and awakens all 6, so all major characters have to reunite and defeat them via raids.

What I'd like the most for the inevitable Eternatus arc is that they give Rose decent screentime as well as tangible motivations. It would also be cool if they went with the idea that Oleana is behind it all, as long as she also fits those 2 requirements.

I'd like to see something with the Regis, maybe an old villain (J?) reappears and awakens all 6, so all major characters have to reunite and defeat them via raids.

I want to see the Isle of Armor and the Crown Tundra arcs.

Rose definitely needs screen time. I think he could be quite interesting if done correctly. He doesn’t hold any specific malicious intent, his plans are all, in his mind, for the sake of everyone living in Galar, but he believes that the death and destruction required for his plans are worth it. He definitely believes that the overall good gained from all of the energy they would gain is worth more than the people and Pokémon who would die from the rampaging Dynamax Pokémon. Even in the games, he turns himself in right after he’s defeated, and I assume he would do the same even if his plans weren’t stopped. After he is done, that’s his life goal completed, and in his mind, he’s a hero.

I originally went into the game hoping Oleana would be the main villain, assuming Rose was gonna a boring villain before the game even started, which, to be fair, is pretty much true considering the game handled him poorly. Oleana needs screen time as well, since she can also be very interesting. Getting saved by Chairman Rose from her old life and now she’s determined to stay by his side no matter what he does. I think she could have an interesting dynamic with Matori in that regard, having similar goals and motivations and work together only because their bosses are, even though they find each other repulsive.

I do think they’ll do something with the Isle of Armor and Crown Tundra. I’m guessing they’ll each get some sort of two-parter or potential arcs with Ash and Go training at the Dojo and later exploring the Crown Tundra.

The Crown Tundra is a bit harder to do since there are more legendaries to cover, though. With the IoA only having one new legendary and the CT having the Galarian Legendary Birds, the two new Regis, and Calyrex.

Last edited:
What should the big climax arc of the show be, the Team Galactic/Team Flare/Lusamine/Necrozma, if you will.

I’m hoping these elements/plot points/characters are included:
  • Chairman Rose.
  • Giovanni.
  • Oleana.
  • Matori.
  • The Matori Matrix.
  • Team Rocket.
  • Jessie and James.
  • The Darkest Day.
  • Zacian, Zamazenta, and Eternatus.
  • Mew.
My plot would start of with the same base as SWSH: Chairman Rose wants to bring about the Darkest Day via the powers of Eternatus to accumulate massive amounts of energy so that Galar’s upcoming energy crisis will be resolved before it relatively even starts. The twist in events is that when Chairman Rose realizes he doesn’t have the resources or power required to do his plan, he strikes a deal with Giovanni that will allow him to use their resources. This will allow Team Rocket to infiltrate Chairman Rose’s operation and the Galar Region. Sometime prior to this Mew will have been captured by Team Rocket and have it’s powers harnessed by a machine so that they can take on the powers of Eternatus in battle and capture it. Chairman Rose and Oleana will be defeated and become reluctant allies and as a lesser of two evils when it’s revealed to the main cast that Giovanni and Team Rocket were manipulating everything behind the scenes so that Giovanni could capture Eternatus and create an army of Dynamax Pokémon. The more powerful trainers like the rest of the Master 8 could easily be preoccupied fighting of Dynamax Pokémon so it will be down to Ash and his group of heroes to deal with Giovanni and his main henchmen. Jessie and James will be encountered trying to stop them from reaching Giovanni, despite being terrified themselves. They will eventually be convinced that this was far too dangerous and Giovanni will never be able to control all of these Dynamax titans. The trip the MC and Hop go through where they obtain the Sword and Shield will happen prior and Zacian and Zamazenta will join Ash and Go before the eventual fight with Giovanni. Giovanni will fight with his normal Pokémon but when he’s put on his last legs, he will unleash Eternatus and Mew upon them. Ash manages to seemingly defeat Eternatus and Go manages to save Mew. Giovanni is defeated but like in the games, Eternatus is not beaten and becomes Eternamax Eternatus, and the final big battle is a raid battle with all the main characters. In the chaos of the huge raid battle, Jessie and James manage to sneak Giovanni away since without Giovanni, Team Rocket would probably be much different in following series, unless they do something more like HGSS.

What I really want to see is the chaos and anarchy that the Darkest Day brings. What kind of destruction can Dynamax Pokémon bring if not contained in the stadiums where the proper protections are in place? I would imagine the terrifying red sky made from Dynamax energy, civilians fighting off Team Rocket, buildings being destroyed, etc.
If Eternatus gets defeated, Ash will catch it.

In my opinion Goh won't catch Mew, but will get its hair to make a clone he will achieve some partial success on this long term goal and postpone it while doing something else.

Putting the plot of The Black Night! Rage of Eternatus! here.

Ash and Goh make it to the top of Hammerlocke Stadium. There they see Leon and Charizard battling Eternatus. The pair join Leon in the battle. Pikachu uses Thunderbolt and angers Eternatus.

Eternatus goes for Ash and Goh, but Leon pushes them out of the way of its Eternabeam. He takes the hit of the powerful attack. Eternatus blasts a hole in the floor so the viewer cannot tell if Leon is dead or not.

Ash and Go call out for Leon. Ash attempts to go down to find him. But Goh tells him they have to fight Eternatus. Ash takes a moment to calm down and agrees with Goh. Ash commands Leon's Charizard during the fight. He briefly recalls the time with his own Charizard. Eternatus changes into its Eternamax Form to overwhelm the team. They call for help of the two wolves, Zacian and Zamazenta. With them, Eternatus is beaten.

Ash and Goh find the injured Leon in some rubble below. He is alive but close to death. Ash tells Dragonite to fly him to safety. Charizard is too exhausted to carry is trainer but thanks Dragonite for his help. Ash and Goh are still concerned about the Champion.

OP, I love your idea! I think that involving Giovanni in the Darkest Day plot allows Rose to be a more redeemable character and more in depth than he was portrayed as in the games. I also like how it wraps up the Galar conflicts and the Mew plot nicely by combining the two and raising the stakes. Bringing back Ash’s companions to team up against a powerful enemy that threatens them all would make me SUPER emotional. It further emphasizes how the power of friendship is the outlining theme of the anime. Honestly, I wouldn’t mind if this signaled Ash’s arc ending, with him seeing all the people he’s inspired throughout his journey all coming together to fight by his side.

We’d also get to see recurring Team Rocket Members such as the Matori Matrix and with Mew involved possibly MIYAMOTOOO!! We could even finally learn why Nanu seems to have a relationship with Giovanni.

With an arc like the one you proposed, I think that it could measure up to, or even be better than the Galactic arc from DP.

Edit: I also saw someone on Tumblr propose that Giovanni gave the TRio the Gacha to numb their affection for their Pokemon and see them as tools. IMO I wouldn’t mind if TR turned serious again and redeemed their attempt at that in BW.

Last edited:
I want to see Team Rainbow Rocket. Ash, Goh, and all of Ash's friends band together to stop them. Silver would also be introduced, since he's Giovanni's son. I'd also like to see N make an appearance, due to his past with Ghetsis. That's my ideal Pokemon Journeys ending.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom