• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

How would you rank the 30 Pokémon 2019/Journeys episodes so far?

Eclipsical

NEXT TIME... A NEW BEGINNING!
Reaction score
Here’s my list, though it’s subject to change:
  1. JN018 - Satoshi Participates! The Pokémon World Championships!!
  2. JN025 - A Battle Festival Exploding With Life! VS Mega Lucario!!
  3. JN021 - Convey the Wave Guidance! Satoshi and the Mysterious Egg!!
  4. JN012 - Daimax Battle! Dande, the Greatest of Them All!!
  5. JN027 - Legends of Heroes! Dande’s Greatest Battle!!
  6. JN017 - Hibanny, Use Your Flaming Kick! Face Tomorrow!
  7. JN020 - Go Towards Your Dream! Satoshi and Go!!
  8. JN014 - First in the Isshu Region! The Raid Battle at the Ruins!!
  9. JN016 - Cursed Satoshi...!
  10. JN023 - A Massive Panic! Sakuragi Park!
  11. JN022 - Goodbye, Rabbifoot!
  12. JN024 - Take a Break! Rocket-dan!
  13. JN010 - The Kairyu Paradise and Hakaryu’s Ordeal!
  14. JN007 - The Hoenn Region, Site of Fierce Fights! The Battle Frontier Challenge!!
  15. JN005 - Kabigon Becomes Gigantic!? The Mystery of Daimax!!
  16. JN004 - Let’s Go to the Galar Region! An Encounter with Hibanny!
  17. JN030 - The Reluctant Pikachu and the Exasperated Barrierd
  18. JN013 - Satoshi VS Dande! The Road to the Strongest!!
  19. JN028 - Sobbing Messon
  20. JN029 - Electrifying Jealousy! Wanpachi’s Feelings
  21. JN002 - Satoshi and Go, Let’s Go by Lugia!
  22. JN015 - Snow Day, Where is Karakara’s Bone?
  23. JN006 - Catch a Lot of Pokémon! The Path to Mew!!
  24. JN001 - Pikachu is Born!
  25. JN019 - I Am Metamon!
  26. JN011 - Koharu, Wanpachi, and Sometimes Gangar Too
  27. JN026 - Jump! Koiking/Put it On! Yadoking
  28. JN003 - Fushigisou, Isn’t it Mysterious?
  29. JN008 - Don’t Lose, Pochama! The Drift Ice Race in the Sinnoh Region!!
  30. JN009 - The Promise We Made that Day! The Houou Legend of the Johto Region!!
It took me like two hours to make this list. Whoops.

My top three at the moment, in order:
  1. JN018 - Satoshi Participates! The Pokémon World Championships!!
  2. JN021 - Convey the Wave Guidance! Satoshi and the Mysterious Egg!!
  3. JN012 - Daimax Battle! Dande, the Greatest of Them All!! / Flash of the Titans!
My bottom three:
  1. JN008 - Don’t Lose, Pochama! The Drift Ice Race in the Sinnoh Region!! / The Sinnoh Iceberg Race!
  2. JN006 - Catch a Lot of Pokémon! The Path to Mew!! / Working my Way Back to Mew!
  3. JN022 - Goodbye, Rabbifoot!
I have yet to watch JN009 - The Promise We Made that Day! The Houou Legend of the Johto Region!! / Finding a Legend! in either Japanese or English yet, but I pretty much know that one's going to end up in the bottom three.

Top 5:
  1. PM018 - Satoshi Participates! The Pokémon World Championships!! -- Perfection. Well paced, awesome strategy, and CONTINUITY!
  2. PM025 - A Battle Festival Exploding With Life! VS Mega Lucario!! -- Beautiful fan service and a rock solid battle. Suffers from not being a 2-parter.
  3. PM017 - Hibanny, Use Your Flaming Kick! Face Tomorrow!! -- So underrated. The TRio scenes are hilarious and this episode does an amazing job of setting up Gou's flaws as a trainer, even though the series has yet to confront them properly. In addition, Ash owns the mentor role, giving Gou advice while trying not to undermine his decisions.
  4. PM015 - Snow Day, Where is Karakara's Bone? -- In contrast to episode 17, this episode displays Gou's strengths. His love and respect for his parents is really heartwarming, and his immediate instinct to help Cubone just shows the effect Ash has had on him (he refused to help Ivysaur in episode 3). He also makes great use of his Pokemon here.
  5. PM030 - The Reluctant Pikachu and the Exasperated Barrierd -- Although I expected to hate it, this one really struck a chord with me. Plot contrivance aside, this was a beautiful, heartfelt episode with production value that made it feel more like a short film.
Bottom 3:
  1. PM008 - Don't Lose, Pochama! The Drift Ice Race in the Sinnoh Region!! -- Worthless clickbait.
  2. PM006 - Catch a Lot of Pokémon! The Path to Mew!! -- Enter the Gou hatred. His immediate success despite lack of experience and empathy for Pokemon make these early episodes really frustrating.
  3. PM022 - Goodbye, Rabbifoot! -- A weak attempt at character growth for Gou, but at no point did it actually feel like he learned a lesson. I do think that Gou became more empathetic after this episode, but it really doesn't feel justified to attribute that to this episode's lackluster plot.

Last edited:
PM031- The Reluctant Pikachu and the Exasperated Barrierd -- This not only represents Pokemon but also people, Ash learned that he had been acting like he didn't care at all and their relationships had almost been torn apart because Ash being careless. We got to see similar flashbacks from the original series which was recreated. We also got to learn that Ashs Mom would always sing him a lullaby and he and pikachu's friendship has been repaired.
Also I think that Ash and Koharu get along in this episode and also maybe in future ones.

P30

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom